Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [GG] Sorcha's Wand Contest: JUDGING
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@EbonyBadger - Awesome! I'll get started right away.
@EbonyBadger - Awesome! I'll get started right away.
frt+0 | she/her
wishlist
dragons wanted
quest hub
light2_zpshptxrzjv.gif
light_bibling_by_cicide76536-dciq9ph.gif
@Arrowfeathers
For reference to come back
@Arrowfeathers
For reference to come back
Honestly, I feel WAY too #blessed because when I look out my window I see 3 separate forested areas and there's one more big one I can walk to. This is gonna be A++. Gonna go get me some sticks... but only from fallen trees/branches, of course! I can't justify making something for the Nature Festival that directly harms the real nature outside, that'd be sad.

If y'all never hear from me again, assume the Forbidden Forest or the Whomping Willow got me. I have my old copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, but there are ferocious things out there... and I don't even have my wand yet. xD

@Xarina, in the unlikely event that I survive, this is the thread to return to. :P
Honestly, I feel WAY too #blessed because when I look out my window I see 3 separate forested areas and there's one more big one I can walk to. This is gonna be A++. Gonna go get me some sticks... but only from fallen trees/branches, of course! I can't justify making something for the Nature Festival that directly harms the real nature outside, that'd be sad.

If y'all never hear from me again, assume the Forbidden Forest or the Whomping Willow got me. I have my old copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, but there are ferocious things out there... and I don't even have my wand yet. xD

@Xarina, in the unlikely event that I survive, this is the thread to return to. :P
Galaxy-Skull.png ~~ ZNNyeOb.pngyeet
She/Her/Hers || Plagueling/Arcanite
FR+3 || I'm forgetful, PM me if I left something unfinished!

004-002.png1538e856e41a13dba7976f5bd7ceb13ea32a79e2.gif cd29c9512a3694d23a652f31a199ebb9.png 1074515.png
[quote=Wand Contest Entry] [i]@Ebonybadger[/i] [b]Username:[/b] LadyKnightKatsa [b]Category:[/b] Most Realistic [b]Photo:[/b] [img]http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g379/LadyQueenBitterblue/image1%201_zpsqgpuj30r.jpg?t=1494193708[/img] [b]Short Description:[/b] Clay wand, about 10 inches long, patterned and unpainted. The handle is set with a white seashell, a glittery fragment of metal, and a ring. The very tip has a small stone set into it thats not very clear in the picture but catches and reflects light. I'm very proud of it, and I might paint it. If I do, I'll update the picture. [/quote] Quick question: is it possible to enter a wand into more than one catergory?
Wand Contest Entry wrote:
@Ebonybadger

Username: LadyKnightKatsa
Category: Most Realistic
Photo: [img]http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g379/LadyQueenBitterblue/image1%201_zpsqgpuj30r.jpg?t=1494193708[/img]
Short Description: Clay wand, about 10 inches long, patterned and unpainted. The handle is set with a white seashell, a glittery fragment of metal, and a ring. The very tip has a small stone set into it thats not very clear in the picture but catches and reflects light. I'm very proud of it, and I might paint it. If I do, I'll update the picture.

Quick question: is it possible to enter a wand into more than one catergory?
jUwfHJZ.pngevQiLxp.pnggiphy.gif
9dJ0IYz.png5fgEfWS.pngezgif-5-10c35f64cb.giftumblr_oznjvaReJs1w8xkufo7_250.pngtumblr_inline_nbaduayNyo1qg78ij.pngiirUfLO.pngj3jqCd5.pngLichtdrache.gif[/center]
@LadyKnightKatsa - Sorry, due to the way things are judged, we are not going to allow entries for the same wand in more than one category.

But I love the wand you made! What kind of clay did you use? I like how white it is, but if you do decide to paint it I'd love to see how it turns out. :)
@LadyKnightKatsa - Sorry, due to the way things are judged, we are not going to allow entries for the same wand in more than one category.

But I love the wand you made! What kind of clay did you use? I like how white it is, but if you do decide to paint it I'd love to see how it turns out. :)
@mauvehouseplant
Reminder to do this, looks really cool!
@mauvehouseplant
Reminder to do this, looks really cool!
ePOliyb.pnglAvpyOQ.pngJ7D1quC.png
UawspVz.pngdgZqX5Q.png0HBKL8H.png
@LadyKnightKatsa, that's awesome! I can absolutely see that being used in actual rites and stuff, should one follow such a path. :) That, or just epic Harry Potter shenanigans.

((Yeah, I'm absolutely stalking this thread right now, I want to see this get a good turnout because it's so cool!))
@LadyKnightKatsa, that's awesome! I can absolutely see that being used in actual rites and stuff, should one follow such a path. :) That, or just epic Harry Potter shenanigans.

((Yeah, I'm absolutely stalking this thread right now, I want to see this get a good turnout because it's so cool!))

004-002.png1538e856e41a13dba7976f5bd7ceb13ea32a79e2.gif cd29c9512a3694d23a652f31a199ebb9.png 1074515.png
@EbonyBadger @Xarina Thank you so much! I used Crayola Air-Dry Clay, which I really like bc its basically just clay that you don't fire. It always looks gray at first, and then lightens to white.
@EbonyBadger @Xarina Thank you so much! I used Crayola Air-Dry Clay, which I really like bc its basically just clay that you don't fire. It always looks gray at first, and then lightens to white.
jUwfHJZ.pngevQiLxp.pnggiphy.gif
9dJ0IYz.png5fgEfWS.pngezgif-5-10c35f64cb.giftumblr_oznjvaReJs1w8xkufo7_250.pngtumblr_inline_nbaduayNyo1qg78ij.pngiirUfLO.pngj3jqCd5.pngLichtdrache.gif[/center]
[quote=Wand Contest Entry] [i]@Ebonybadger[/i] [b]Username:[/b] Dragonscorch [b]Category:[/b] Most Realistic [b]Photo:[/b] [img]http://i.imgur.com/wkOP533.jpg[/img] [b]Short Description:[/b] Made with a skewer stick thing, an entire stick of Hot Glue, beads and paint. HP wands are really fun to make! This one took about an hour and a half to finish (including paint drying time, but it's acrylic paint, which dries pretty fast). [/quote] Also, could I enter another wand that I made a few months ago in a different category, or do the wands have to be made specifically for this contest?
Wand Contest Entry wrote:
@Ebonybadger

Username: Dragonscorch
Category: Most Realistic
Photo:
wkOP533.jpg
Short Description: Made with a skewer stick thing, an entire stick of Hot Glue, beads and paint. HP wands are really fun to make! This one took about an hour and a half to finish (including paint drying time, but it's acrylic paint, which dries pretty fast).

Also, could I enter another wand that I made a few months ago in a different category, or do the wands have to be made specifically for this contest?
5X7uUDht.png

~3 hours ahead of FR time~
~She/Her~
Dragons for Sale
@Dragonscorch, wow! That's fantastic! Y'all are gonna have me beat on this. xD
@Dragonscorch, wow! That's fantastic! Y'all are gonna have me beat on this. xD

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9