Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WS] Labyrinthine Levitos Tours - CYOA
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
That was fun! Hopefully there will be more next year?
That was fun! Hopefully there will be more next year?
I always subscribe to my threads, but not to other people's.

I also like roleplaying.
@Krycelli Thank you for pinging me to the correct ending! :D I'm glad I got to read the end of the story.

Thanks also for all of your hard work putting this together and making it a fun event - I very much enjoyed it. ^-^ I'm going to come back and post the final bit of RP, hopefully shortly but maybe tomorrow - I'm glad that this got me writing again!
@Krycelli Thank you for pinging me to the correct ending! :D I'm glad I got to read the end of the story.

Thanks also for all of your hard work putting this together and making it a fun event - I very much enjoyed it. ^-^ I'm going to come back and post the final bit of RP, hopefully shortly but maybe tomorrow - I'm glad that this got me writing again!
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
@Krycelli Could you stat her with the second culex build? The one for training two dragons at once? [img]http://i.imgur.com/SvmCVMv.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/JJupiqe.png[/img] (Once again, I have to say thank you for organizing this event. It was a boatload of fun, and I loved the many different paths one could take.)
@Krycelli

Could you stat her with the second culex build? The one for training two dragons at once?
SvmCVMv.png
JJupiqe.png

(Once again, I have to say thank you for organizing this event. It was a boatload of fun, and I loved the many different paths one could take.)
tumblr_inline_pi905v48pa1rhxln1_100.png - She/Her
- FR Time
- 20 y/o
- Wishlist
1EVlM.gif FsbHk.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=266115&tab=dragon&did=31550438][img]https://i.imgbox.com/0Fhklbnm.png[/img][/url] Nils' claws firmly wrapped around the stolen object of interest, the Nocturne had long since slipped away into the crowds once more. The Pearlcatcher nodded excitedly at his partner. "Yes, we must return the ring at once. Oh my, a RING?" Inspecting the curious etchings and dainty designs, it must have been something of extreme significance. Perhaps some fancy hotel he did not know of... yet. The Spiral's knotted words were right. Nils signaled Fary and began making his way to the disoriented dragon. "Pardon me. I believe this is yours." Nils gently tapped the Spiral's shoulder and offered the possession. Instinctively, they checked their own person only to find that, indeed, it was not on them. "Wherein did you find that? Did I drop it in my panic?" They questioned curiously. Nils shook his head. "Not at all. In fact it was stolen. By a Nocturne." The Spiral took the key and looked around, as if searching for any other suspicious figures. "Thank you very much! I promise to be more attentive in the near future. You two have done me a great service." Nils lowered his head respectfully. "It was our pleasure, truly." The started heading out. "Perhaps we will see each other during the ceremony later!" And they were off. Nils smiled, pleased at the job he and Octantis have done "Thank you for your assistance as always, Octantis!" The dynamic duo had arrived once again and Nils situated himself in his usual position. Once everyone was in the gondola, GIovanni pushed the boat back and set sail once again. "We are arriving at our destination steadily. Unfortunately, our detours and delays will not permit us time to visit the gift shop, I apologize for the inconvenience." He mentioned. Nils shook his head. "It was unlikely I would have visited. I still need to search for that blasted Goblin!" The moment his sentence finished, Nils was skulking about again, loosely listening to GIovanni's words. He was pleased to share some of his local culture with Faryelle, Octantis, and Nils. "When I find that wretched beast... I promise I will..!" He rubbed his electric blue orbs in disbelief, squinting in the direction of the drop-off. Could it be? The Bubbling Goblin was jostling their paws in the water, book safely tucked behind them. It would seem they were waiting for something. The golden Pearlcatcher wasted no time in hopping off and giving chase. Hopefully he would catch them this time. Upon seeing the angry bard, it expressed something akin to a smile and ran off gleefully with his tome. Defeated, Nils remained by the drop off for the others. "I think... the Goblin was headed towards the center of Levitos to celebrate the Marriage of the Sea. Perhaps if you were to follow? It looked rather fond of you." Giovanni offered. An imaginary bulb flashed in his mind. yes, that was it! "Would anyone else care to join me? While we are here we shouldn't miss the opportunity to experience something so grand!" Nils asked excitedly, assisting Giovanni in the docking of his gondola. "And herein our tour reaches its end. Disembark with caution, my friends. It was more than a pleasure to guide you through Levitos." --------- @Stanzascale Will you go to the ceremony with Nils?~ XD
0Fhklbnm.png
Nils' claws firmly wrapped around the stolen object of interest, the Nocturne had long since slipped away into the crowds once more. The Pearlcatcher nodded excitedly at his partner. "Yes, we must return the ring at once. Oh my, a RING?" Inspecting the curious etchings and dainty designs, it must have been something of extreme significance. Perhaps some fancy hotel he did not know of... yet. The Spiral's knotted words were right. Nils signaled Fary and began making his way to the disoriented dragon.

"Pardon me. I believe this is yours." Nils gently tapped the Spiral's shoulder and offered the possession. Instinctively, they checked their own person only to find that, indeed, it was not on them.

"Wherein did you find that? Did I drop it in my panic?" They questioned curiously. Nils shook his head.

"Not at all. In fact it was stolen. By a Nocturne." The Spiral took the key and looked around, as if searching for any other suspicious figures.

"Thank you very much! I promise to be more attentive in the near future. You two have done me a great service." Nils lowered his head respectfully.

"It was our pleasure, truly." The started heading out.

"Perhaps we will see each other during the ceremony later!" And they were off. Nils smiled, pleased at the job he and Octantis have done

"Thank you for your assistance as always, Octantis!" The dynamic duo had arrived once again and Nils situated himself in his usual position. Once everyone was in the gondola, GIovanni pushed the boat back and set sail once again.

"We are arriving at our destination steadily. Unfortunately, our detours and delays will not permit us time to visit the gift shop, I apologize for the inconvenience." He mentioned. Nils shook his head.

"It was unlikely I would have visited. I still need to search for that blasted Goblin!" The moment his sentence finished, Nils was skulking about again, loosely listening to GIovanni's words. He was pleased to share some of his local culture with Faryelle, Octantis, and Nils.

"When I find that wretched beast... I promise I will..!" He rubbed his electric blue orbs in disbelief, squinting in the direction of the drop-off. Could it be? The Bubbling Goblin was jostling their paws in the water, book safely tucked behind them. It would seem they were waiting for something. The golden Pearlcatcher wasted no time in hopping off and giving chase. Hopefully he would catch them this time. Upon seeing the angry bard, it expressed something akin to a smile and ran off gleefully with his tome. Defeated, Nils remained by the drop off for the others.

"I think... the Goblin was headed towards the center of Levitos to celebrate the Marriage of the Sea. Perhaps if you were to follow? It looked rather fond of you." Giovanni offered. An imaginary bulb flashed in his mind. yes, that was it!

"Would anyone else care to join me? While we are here we shouldn't miss the opportunity to experience something so grand!" Nils asked excitedly, assisting Giovanni in the docking of his gondola.

"And herein our tour reaches its end. Disembark with caution, my friends. It was more than a pleasure to guide you through Levitos."

@Stanzascale
Will you go to the ceremony with Nils?~ XD
OxagJgG.png
mlHpBMC.png
fFNApWQ.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
S3J5uo7.png
Open to all Pings/PMs. Don't be shy, I'd love to chat!

Beasts collected: 1070. If you're offering any familiars I'm missing, please contact me!
u6ogC2Q.gif
@Krycelli
May I have the Toxin gene?
@Krycelli
May I have the Toxin gene?
hXx1ctn.png1st_Place.pngegkPazK.png7XI1FUO.pngzMlwDtk.png3rdterra100_by_aavanaa-db6hwka.pngVZ1FSMH.png
@riseandshine

Sent!
@riseandshine

Sent!
zqpG63L.png image0.png
[center][url=http://msb-lair.tumblr.com/post/138749447634/more-flight-dividers][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/d343b9f934935a05aefe997bda6be646/tumblr_inline_o23f50NgMo1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=382756] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/3828/382756_350.png[/img] [/url] [b][color=#3f3bd1]~ Ending 2 ~[/color][/b][/center] The simple wooden mask complemented Mimir's worn and sea-spray-stained garments as he wound his way through the crowds at the Marriage of the Sea ceremony at the end of the festival. Despite the thousands of dragons filling the banks of the canals, the atmosphere was as calm and reflective as the canals themselves. He found a good vantage point to watch the ceremony and afterwards watched the expressions of the dragons who passed him - those he could see behind their half-masks, at least, and the eyes of those whose entire faces were covered. Many wore a pensive expression, as though the ceremony or the whole festival weighed heavily on their minds - though the majority also appeared grateful to the Sea for its continued blessings. Afterwards, Mimir sat down on the edge of a canal, carefully tucking his tail in around himself, and pulled out the potion that the stranger had given him. Now that the sun had set on the final day of the Wavecrest Saturnalia, it had lost some of its sparkle and didn't seem quite as mystical as before. There was no guarantee it really was the perfume that the Spiral had been looking for. It could well be nothing more than bilgewater, enchanted with a glamour to make it sparkle by the light of day. Mimir sighed to himself, tipping the potion back and forth before he slipped it back into his wasitcoat pocket. So much for his Flight's supposed prophetic powers, he thought to himself as he recalled that the stranger had said he would need the potion. Unless they had peered further ahead into the future than Mimir had anticipated, they had been dead wrong. Still, he had seen Levitos again, for the first time since his hatchlinghood. The sightseeing tour on the gondola had been fun and he had seen both the Ca d'Oro and the Belltower - which almost made up for his financial loss. That was still a matter of bitter disappointment for him, particularly since he should have known better than to hand over the goods before agreeing a price. However, he had received a mask he very much liked and which would fit the decor of his cavern back home, and of course he still had the potion, whatever it might be - not to mention a good tale to spin to his Clanmates when he returned home. As Mimir got to his feet and started to wander back towards the docks. Yes, he could imagine telling the rest of the Clan about his gondola ride through the canals of Levitos. They didn't need to hear the part where he lost a piece of jewellery - only that he had been favoured by a mysterious stranger, and received the potion as a gift. That would certainly make him the talk of the Clan - at least for a short while. He started to smile to himself. That would be something to look forward to when he got home. [br][center][url=http://msb-lair.tumblr.com/post/138749447634/more-flight-dividers][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/d343b9f934935a05aefe997bda6be646/tumblr_inline_o23f50NgMo1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/url][/center] [size=2]Despite Mimir's whingeing, [i]I[/i] definitely enjoyed this whole thing! The writing was great and I'm in awe of how much detail and how many different paths there were!
tumblr_inline_o23f50NgMo1r3lvtf_500.png

382756_350.png

~ Ending 2 ~

The simple wooden mask complemented Mimir's worn and sea-spray-stained garments as he wound his way through the crowds at the Marriage of the Sea ceremony at the end of the festival. Despite the thousands of dragons filling the banks of the canals, the atmosphere was as calm and reflective as the canals themselves.

He found a good vantage point to watch the ceremony and afterwards watched the expressions of the dragons who passed him - those he could see behind their half-masks, at least, and the eyes of those whose entire faces were covered. Many wore a pensive expression, as though the ceremony or the whole festival weighed heavily on their minds - though the majority also appeared grateful to the Sea for its continued blessings.

Afterwards, Mimir sat down on the edge of a canal, carefully tucking his tail in around himself, and pulled out the potion that the stranger had given him. Now that the sun had set on the final day of the Wavecrest Saturnalia, it had lost some of its sparkle and didn't seem quite as mystical as before. There was no guarantee it really was the perfume that the Spiral had been looking for. It could well be nothing more than bilgewater, enchanted with a glamour to make it sparkle by the light of day. Mimir sighed to himself, tipping the potion back and forth before he slipped it back into his wasitcoat pocket.

So much for his Flight's supposed prophetic powers, he thought to himself as he recalled that the stranger had said he would need the potion. Unless they had peered further ahead into the future than Mimir had anticipated, they had been dead wrong.

Still, he had seen Levitos again, for the first time since his hatchlinghood. The sightseeing tour on the gondola had been fun and he had seen both the Ca d'Oro and the Belltower - which almost made up for his financial loss. That was still a matter of bitter disappointment for him, particularly since he should have known better than to hand over the goods before agreeing a price. However, he had received a mask he very much liked and which would fit the decor of his cavern back home, and of course he still had the potion, whatever it might be - not to mention a good tale to spin to his Clanmates when he returned home.

As Mimir got to his feet and started to wander back towards the docks. Yes, he could imagine telling the rest of the Clan about his gondola ride through the canals of Levitos. They didn't need to hear the part where he lost a piece of jewellery - only that he had been favoured by a mysterious stranger, and received the potion as a gift. That would certainly make him the talk of the Clan - at least for a short while. He started to smile to himself. That would be something to look forward to when he got home.

tumblr_inline_o23f50NgMo1r3lvtf_500.png

Despite Mimir's whingeing, I definitely enjoyed this whole thing! The writing was great and I'm in awe of how much detail and how many different paths there were!
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
@Rocwylde
Bahahaha, it seems this ship’s been hijacked as we sail on to more CYOA decisions! XD
Well, so long as you don’t mind the remaining two dragons of their group joining them for the highlight of the festival. I know I want to see how the shenanigans conclude. :)

@Krycelli

Do dragons ever go to the ceremony without masks? I'm wondering whether we need to find an overpriced emergency stall on our way there, heh.
@Rocwylde
Bahahaha, it seems this ship’s been hijacked as we sail on to more CYOA decisions! XD
Well, so long as you don’t mind the remaining two dragons of their group joining them for the highlight of the festival. I know I want to see how the shenanigans conclude. :)

@Krycelli

Do dragons ever go to the ceremony without masks? I'm wondering whether we need to find an overpriced emergency stall on our way there, heh.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
@Stanzascale

If it allows for more shenanigans then you're forbidden to enter without one

Otherwise, the majority of dragons will be wearing one so if you don't mind sticking out a bit it's not required at all.
@Stanzascale

If it allows for more shenanigans then you're forbidden to enter without one

Otherwise, the majority of dragons will be wearing one so if you don't mind sticking out a bit it's not required at all.
zqpG63L.png image0.png
@Stanzascale
[Hacker voice] My ship now.
And of course not, the more the merrier! But you heard, we have to spend obscene amounts of coin on masks now or we are FORBIDDEN TO CELEBRATE. XD
@Stanzascale
[Hacker voice] My ship now.
And of course not, the more the merrier! But you heard, we have to spend obscene amounts of coin on masks now or we are FORBIDDEN TO CELEBRATE. XD
OxagJgG.png
mlHpBMC.png
fFNApWQ.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
S3J5uo7.png
Open to all Pings/PMs. Don't be shy, I'd love to chat!

Beasts collected: 1070. If you're offering any familiars I'm missing, please contact me!
u6ogC2Q.gif
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44