Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WS] Labyrinthine Levitos Tours - CYOA
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 43 44
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14038352] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/140384/14038352_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14038353] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/140384/14038353_350.png[/img] [/url] Kelran had to chase off a pair of Fae dragons who were eagerly flying after the gondola. They were clearly new to the whole merchant business, as they desperately tried to sell their makeshift jewelry made of seashells to the tourists. "No! We don't want any! Leave us alone!" The Tundra yelped, flailing about to drive them away. Gazer merely chuckled at her mate- he looked so silly doing that! Fortunately, the gondolier seemed to be prepared for such an eventuality, and she rounded yet another corner of the canal, leaving the Faes far behind them. This next section of the canal, however, was starting to look a bit more run-down than what the travelers had seen so far. "Ah, yes," the gondolier said. "The neighborhood between here and the Belltower Plaza is, shall we say, not the nicest part of the city. It tends to attract some rather troublesome characters. We could go another route, though- it would be safer, but we might not finish the whole tour in time. What do you think?" Kelran shrugged. He'd lost his wallet before he'd even gotten aboard, and Gazer only had a few coins on her. What was the worst that could happen? "We should be safe," he said. "We may not look it, but we are more than capable of defending ourselves." "Yeah!" Gazer chimed in. "Those scoundrels won't know what hit them!" "As you wish," the gondolier said, before reaching for her paddle once more. She picked up the pace. The sooner they reached the plaza, the better!

14038352_350.png

14038353_350.png

Kelran had to chase off a pair of Fae dragons who were eagerly flying after the gondola. They were clearly new to the whole merchant business, as they desperately tried to sell their makeshift jewelry made of seashells to the tourists.

"No! We don't want any! Leave us alone!" The Tundra yelped, flailing about to drive them away. Gazer merely chuckled at her mate- he looked so silly doing that!

Fortunately, the gondolier seemed to be prepared for such an eventuality, and she rounded yet another corner of the canal, leaving the Faes far behind them. This next section of the canal, however, was starting to look a bit more run-down than what the travelers had seen so far.

"Ah, yes," the gondolier said. "The neighborhood between here and the Belltower Plaza is, shall we say, not the nicest part of the city. It tends to attract some rather troublesome characters. We could go another route, though- it would be safer, but we might not finish the whole tour in time. What do you think?"

Kelran shrugged. He'd lost his wallet before he'd even gotten aboard, and Gazer only had a few coins on her. What was the worst that could happen?

"We should be safe," he said. "We may not look it, but we are more than capable of defending ourselves."

"Yeah!" Gazer chimed in. "Those scoundrels won't know what hit them!"

"As you wish," the gondolier said, before reaching for her paddle once more. She picked up the pace. The sooner they reached the plaza, the better!
xpP2XdL.png
@TroubleinSevens

Yes! I'm so sorry the ping got dropped. Thanks for checking!
@TroubleinSevens

Yes! I'm so sorry the ping got dropped. Thanks for checking!
zqpG63L.png image0.png
[size=1]Jumping into the RP with Days 1 to 3 all at once because I [s]possibly foolishly given how much stuff I have to do this week[/s] decided to do this at the last minute ...[/size] [center][url=http://msb-lair.tumblr.com/post/138749447634/more-flight-dividers][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/d343b9f934935a05aefe997bda6be646/tumblr_inline_o23f50NgMo1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=382756] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/3828/382756_350.png[/img] [/url] [b][color=#3f3bd1]~ Day 1 ~[/color][/b][/center] As a native of the Sea of a Thousand Currents, Mimir had visited Levitos before, but he hadn't returned since he was a hatchling and so, as he walked the newly-risen streets enjoying the Saturnalia atmosphere, it was like exploring somewhere entirely new. He grinned as he passed merchants and sightseers, masked revellers and bejewelled courtiers, tipping his hat to those who caught his eye. Rounding a corner, he saw a group of dragons standing beside a raft of docked gondolas. He slowed, taking in the individual details on the gondolas themselves and the dragons themselves: a boisterous green Spiral with Nature-green eyes as bright as her scales; a Skydancer with fur and feathers as red as blood or rubies and a gilded belly; a shimmering Water Spiral with wings patterned like Maren scales; a mystical-looking Pearlcatcher wearing a mask who looked almost like she was made of glass; and a cheerfully coloured Nocturne. It didn't take the gondoliers long to notice that they had caught Mimir's attention. As soon as they did, they each began to call out, trying to tempt him into their gondola with promises of all that their individual and unique tour of Levitos's sights could offer. All of the dragons had points which tempted Mimir towards them, but ultimately he climbed on board with the Nature Spiral and settled himself amid the gondola's cushions to relax and enjoy a ride through the canals. [br][center][b][color=#3f3bd1]~ Day 2 ~[/color][/b][/center] Mimir gazed around as the gondola glided smoothly through the water, heading into the Cannaregio District. The architecture of the Cannaregio Flats was impressive and he admired it as his gondolier steered them through the waterways, talking about the history of this area of Levitos and the dragons who had constructed these buildings in times past. However, Mimir could only bear so much talk of history before he became listless, and after a short while he found his attention wavering towards the artists and artisans who crowded the canal banks with their wares on show. The gleaming jewellery was of particular interest to Mimir, but he also spotted paintings, blown glass, leatherwork and various other crafts on display. As they approached the Conchcorde Bridge, the gondolier's tale about the three great failures of this historical site was rudely interrupted by an artist. The dragon thrust a glittering piece of jewellery at Mimir from the edge of the canal, offering it at a reasonable price. Mimir turned the trinket over, admiring the colours and the way the gems caught the sunlight. A part of him wanted to order his gondolier to speed away and steal the thing - but there was no way of knowing if she would be amenable to such a thing, and he didn't want to risk being tossed out of the city as a thief so early in the Wavecrest Saturnalia, not when he was enjoying himself so much. He knew he should wait and see what else he might buy later - but Mimir had never been very good at denying himself pretty trinkets, especially not ones that sparkled like this, and it would make for a good souvenir. He pulled out some treasure and graciously handed it over to the artist with his thanks. [br][center][b][color=#3f3bd1]~ Day 3A ~[/color][/b][/center] The gondola wound through the neighbourhoods of Levitos towards Belltower Plaza. This was one part of the trip that Mimir was particularly looking forward to: he had only the vaguest hatchlinghood memories of the looming Belltower with its grand columns and images of the Tidelord on each side of the bellfry. As they approached, his gondolier informed him that this year, in time for Wavecrest, one side had been remodelled to portray the Daughter of the Sea - an exciting addition to the landmark, and one Mimir was excited to set eyes on for himself. However, as they reached the edge of the Cannaregio Flats, the gondolier slowed and turned to look back at Mimir. "I'm sorry," she said, "The neighbourhood between here and the Belltower Plaza is under construction. There are sometimes - [i]unusual[/i] visitors." Her bright green gaze flicked guiltily to the side. "I know of a longer route, but - ah, we may then run out of time at the end of the tour and I may have to miss out our last scheduled stop. What would you like me to do?" Mimir glanced up at the buildings around them. The district they had entered was looking more run-down already, with loose stones missing from the bridges and tiles slipping from the roofs of the buildings. He narrowed his eyes. 'Unusual visitors' almost certainly meant thieves or cut-throats - but he was armed with his cutlass and he was willing to fight to keep hold of his coin. Besides, a little risk would spice up his tour of the city quite nicely. "Take the direct route, lass," Mimir ordered, gesturing forward with a reckless grin. "I wouldn't want to miss that final stop!" [br][center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2172126/22#post_26933349][b][color=#3f3bd1]~ Next ~[/url][/color][/b] [url=http://msb-lair.tumblr.com/post/138749447634/more-flight-dividers][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/d343b9f934935a05aefe997bda6be646/tumblr_inline_o23f50NgMo1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/url][/center]
Jumping into the RP with Days 1 to 3 all at once because I possibly foolishly given how much stuff I have to do this week decided to do this at the last minute ...
tumblr_inline_o23f50NgMo1r3lvtf_500.png

382756_350.png

~ Day 1 ~

As a native of the Sea of a Thousand Currents, Mimir had visited Levitos before, but he hadn't returned since he was a hatchling and so, as he walked the newly-risen streets enjoying the Saturnalia atmosphere, it was like exploring somewhere entirely new. He grinned as he passed merchants and sightseers, masked revellers and bejewelled courtiers, tipping his hat to those who caught his eye.

Rounding a corner, he saw a group of dragons standing beside a raft of docked gondolas. He slowed, taking in the individual details on the gondolas themselves and the dragons themselves: a boisterous green Spiral with Nature-green eyes as bright as her scales; a Skydancer with fur and feathers as red as blood or rubies and a gilded belly; a shimmering Water Spiral with wings patterned like Maren scales; a mystical-looking Pearlcatcher wearing a mask who looked almost like she was made of glass; and a cheerfully coloured Nocturne.

It didn't take the gondoliers long to notice that they had caught Mimir's attention. As soon as they did, they each began to call out, trying to tempt him into their gondola with promises of all that their individual and unique tour of Levitos's sights could offer.

All of the dragons had points which tempted Mimir towards them, but ultimately he climbed on board with the Nature Spiral and settled himself amid the gondola's cushions to relax and enjoy a ride through the canals.

~ Day 2 ~

Mimir gazed around as the gondola glided smoothly through the water, heading into the Cannaregio District. The architecture of the Cannaregio Flats was impressive and he admired it as his gondolier steered them through the waterways, talking about the history of this area of Levitos and the dragons who had constructed these buildings in times past.

However, Mimir could only bear so much talk of history before he became listless, and after a short while he found his attention wavering towards the artists and artisans who crowded the canal banks with their wares on show. The gleaming jewellery was of particular interest to Mimir, but he also spotted paintings, blown glass, leatherwork and various other crafts on display.

As they approached the Conchcorde Bridge, the gondolier's tale about the three great failures of this historical site was rudely interrupted by an artist. The dragon thrust a glittering piece of jewellery at Mimir from the edge of the canal, offering it at a reasonable price.

Mimir turned the trinket over, admiring the colours and the way the gems caught the sunlight. A part of him wanted to order his gondolier to speed away and steal the thing - but there was no way of knowing if she would be amenable to such a thing, and he didn't want to risk being tossed out of the city as a thief so early in the Wavecrest Saturnalia, not when he was enjoying himself so much. He knew he should wait and see what else he might buy later - but Mimir had never been very good at denying himself pretty trinkets, especially not ones that sparkled like this, and it would make for a good souvenir. He pulled out some treasure and graciously handed it over to the artist with his thanks.

~ Day 3A ~

The gondola wound through the neighbourhoods of Levitos towards Belltower Plaza. This was one part of the trip that Mimir was particularly looking forward to: he had only the vaguest hatchlinghood memories of the looming Belltower with its grand columns and images of the Tidelord on each side of the bellfry. As they approached, his gondolier informed him that this year, in time for Wavecrest, one side had been remodelled to portray the Daughter of the Sea - an exciting addition to the landmark, and one Mimir was excited to set eyes on for himself.

However, as they reached the edge of the Cannaregio Flats, the gondolier slowed and turned to look back at Mimir.

"I'm sorry," she said, "The neighbourhood between here and the Belltower Plaza is under construction. There are sometimes - unusual visitors." Her bright green gaze flicked guiltily to the side. "I know of a longer route, but - ah, we may then run out of time at the end of the tour and I may have to miss out our last scheduled stop. What would you like me to do?"

Mimir glanced up at the buildings around them. The district they had entered was looking more run-down already, with loose stones missing from the bridges and tiles slipping from the roofs of the buildings. He narrowed his eyes.

'Unusual visitors' almost certainly meant thieves or cut-throats - but he was armed with his cutlass and he was willing to fight to keep hold of his coin. Besides, a little risk would spice up his tour of the city quite nicely.

"Take the direct route, lass," Mimir ordered, gesturing forward with a reckless grin. "I wouldn't want to miss that final stop!"

A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
@Krycelli

Sorry, i didn't see this earlier. that's weird, i thought i only clicked it once. sorry for the mishap!
@Krycelli

Sorry, i didn't see this earlier. that's weird, i thought i only clicked it once. sorry for the mishap!
ice.gif
frostwalkers #90489
- she/her | lesbian | 21+
- double check your pings please!
- adoptables | coli challenges | projects
tumblr_inline_nb17n9a7r91qg78ij.png
"...And although the Belltower's faces usually depict the Tidelord, one of them has been remodeled to show the Bride of the Sea this festival," finished the tour guide. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29988248] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/299883/29988248_350.png[/img] [/url] "That sounds very interesting," Fulgrim agreed. "Where is the tower? I can't see it." They appeared to be in a residential neighborhood. It was much quieter here than in the bustling Flats. In fact, he couldn't see any pedestrians at all. Fulgrim's antennae twitched as he tried to sense the presence of other living creatures. Nothing. "Oh, ah, well," the gondolier stammered. "We are actually still quite a bit away. In fact, we are so behind, we may have to cut the tour short." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31116695] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/311167/31116695_350.png[/img] [/url] Courageous studied the canals around them as they passed a turn-off. "Forgive my interruption, but wouldn't it be faster to take a right here? It has been a while since I was last in this city, but I feel quite sure of this." "That route would be faster, true," the gondolier admitted, bowing his head respectfully to the noblewoman, "but I do not recommend going through the Catchfire District. It is...under construction." "Is that a euphemism?" Courageous asked. "Because I do not see evidence of anything [i]constructive[/i] happening here." It was true: the buildings along that canal were dilapidated, with missing stones and roof tiles. Fulgrim thought he saw some graffiti. "Wait, wait," interrupted Fulgrim. "This neighborhood is called Catchfire? But Levitos is mostly underwater! And made out of stone!" "That can also be blamed on Federico de Guilla," Giovanni said. "I'm willing to tell you the story - but somewhere safer, please." "No," Courageous commanded. "I will not have my tour cut short. We will go through." "But--" "Are you insane?" "I was declared sane in a court of law last year," she said. Turning to their guide, her voice softened. "Giovanni, I give you my word that no harm shall come to us. Now turn around before I grab the pole and do it myself." "She's bluffing!" Fulgrim called. After a long look at his new jewelry, the gondolier turned around nevertheless, sighing.
"...And although the Belltower's faces usually depict the Tidelord, one of them has been remodeled to show the Bride of the Sea this festival," finished the tour guide.

29988248_350.png

"That sounds very interesting," Fulgrim agreed. "Where is the tower? I can't see it." They appeared to be in a residential neighborhood. It was much quieter here than in the bustling Flats. In fact, he couldn't see any pedestrians at all. Fulgrim's antennae twitched as he tried to sense the presence of other living creatures. Nothing.

"Oh, ah, well," the gondolier stammered. "We are actually still quite a bit away. In fact, we are so behind, we may have to cut the tour short."

31116695_350.png

Courageous studied the canals around them as they passed a turn-off. "Forgive my interruption, but wouldn't it be faster to take a right here? It has been a while since I was last in this city, but I feel quite sure of this."

"That route would be faster, true," the gondolier admitted, bowing his head respectfully to the noblewoman, "but I do not recommend going through the Catchfire District. It is...under construction."

"Is that a euphemism?" Courageous asked. "Because I do not see evidence of anything constructive happening here." It was true: the buildings along that canal were dilapidated, with missing stones and roof tiles. Fulgrim thought he saw some graffiti.

"Wait, wait," interrupted Fulgrim. "This neighborhood is called Catchfire? But Levitos is mostly underwater! And made out of stone!"

"That can also be blamed on Federico de Guilla," Giovanni said. "I'm willing to tell you the story - but somewhere safer, please."

"No," Courageous commanded. "I will not have my tour cut short. We will go through."

"But--"

"Are you insane?"

"I was declared sane in a court of law last year," she said. Turning to their guide, her voice softened. "Giovanni, I give you my word that no harm shall come to us. Now turn around before I grab the pole and do it myself."

"She's bluffing!" Fulgrim called. After a long look at his new jewelry, the gondolier turned around nevertheless, sighing.
je1KGwo.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3183922] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/31840/3183922_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] The Cannaregio Flats continued to amaze Astrior; the architecture was simply breathtaking. The gondolier steered through a gentle bend that took the gondola past the Belltower Plaza. A childhood friend of hers had lived in one of the houses in a neighborhood close to the Flats, so she had often passed through this area. Astrior bowed her head toward the effigies of the Tidelord. Then, she noticed that one side was being remodeled to resemble The Daughter of the Sea. “I do apologize,” said the tour guide. “Normally, I would not suggest this, but because of the construction, we might encounter some…unusual folk. We can take a different route, but it will take longer and we could miss the last stop.” Astrior considered the gondolier’s suggestion. Some of the buildings were in desperate need of a new coat of paint. Wooden beams and trimmings were old and worn and had faded to a dull, lifeless gray. Further down the canals, Astrior realized that some bridges had loose or missing stones. Her father had warned her away from that neighborhood and she had listened to him. “Let’s go the long way,” Astrior replied. “It’s been a long time since I’ve been to Levitos. I’m enjoying the architecture.” The gondolier turned the boat down the other canal and they began to lazily sail down the scenic route.

The Cannaregio Flats continued to amaze Astrior; the architecture was simply breathtaking. The gondolier steered through a gentle bend that took the gondola past the Belltower Plaza. A childhood friend of hers had lived in one of the houses in a neighborhood close to the Flats, so she had often passed through this area. Astrior bowed her head toward the effigies of the Tidelord. Then, she noticed that one side was being remodeled to resemble The Daughter of the Sea.

“I do apologize,” said the tour guide. “Normally, I would not suggest this, but because of the construction, we might encounter some…unusual folk. We can take a different route, but it will take longer and we could miss the last stop.” Astrior considered the gondolier’s suggestion. Some of the buildings were in desperate need of a new coat of paint. Wooden beams and trimmings were old and worn and had faded to a dull, lifeless gray. Further down the canals, Astrior realized that some bridges had loose or missing stones. Her father had warned her away from that neighborhood and she had listened to him.

“Let’s go the long way,” Astrior replied. “It’s been a long time since I’ve been to Levitos. I’m enjoying the architecture.” The gondolier turned the boat down the other canal and they began to lazily sail down the scenic route.
[img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=90&bodygene=10&breed=7&element=8&gender=0&tert=78&tertgene=13&winggene=8&wings=43&auth=0975c2d566c65c8108c90e7d926e1538a2564626&dummyext=prev.png[/img] The spiral was boucing in place, obverving the jewelry he bought from the artist. [i]Maybe I should hang out there sometime. My art may improve seeing better pieces of atwork...[/i] he ended his thought with the gondola driver looking at the Belltower. "And this is the Belltower! Normally, the bellfry depicts the Tidelord, but this Wavecrest, one of them depicts the Daughter of the Sea." The Tundra said. "The...Daughter of the Sea?" He asked. "I have no idea who that is! But the belltower is still really pretty!" "Well...there is something lse to worry about." Tundra said. "the neighborhood between the Belltower Plaza and Canareggio Flats is under construction, therefore, its kind of dangerous to go there...however, I know of a longer route. You might not be able to visit the last stop on your tour if we go through it, though." "...Well, lets just hang out with the one thats still being repaired!" The Spiral said. "I mean, if our gondola explodes or something, we can just walk to the last stop!" "Thats...a terrible idea." Tundra said, but continued in the path that is still under construction.
dragon?age=1&body=90&bodygene=10&breed=7&element=8&gender=0&tert=78&tertgene=13&winggene=8&wings=43&auth=0975c2d566c65c8108c90e7d926e1538a2564626&dummyext=prev.png

The spiral was boucing in place, obverving the jewelry he bought from the artist. Maybe I should hang out there sometime. My art may improve seeing better pieces of atwork... he ended his thought with the gondola driver looking at the Belltower.

"And this is the Belltower! Normally, the bellfry depicts the Tidelord, but this Wavecrest, one of them depicts the Daughter of the Sea." The Tundra said.

"The...Daughter of the Sea?" He asked. "I have no idea who that is! But the belltower is still really pretty!"

"Well...there is something lse to worry about." Tundra said. "the neighborhood between the Belltower Plaza and Canareggio Flats is under construction, therefore, its kind of dangerous to go there...however, I know of a longer route. You might not be able to visit the last stop on your tour if we go through it, though."

"...Well, lets just hang out with the one thats still being repaired!" The Spiral said. "I mean, if our gondola explodes or something, we can just walk to the last stop!"

"Thats...a terrible idea." Tundra said, but continued in the path that is still under construction.
I always subscribe to my threads, but not to other people's.

I also like roleplaying.
@Krycelli

I borked up and forgot to include my user ID on my response. It's ID #196385 Sorry :(
@Krycelli

I borked up and forgot to include my user ID on my response. It's ID #196385 Sorry :(
goosehonk.pngXtd8gvm.pngwetturt.pngr9qdtOG.pngafNQRjo.png
@Selah

Thanks, you're good!
@Selah

Thanks, you're good!
zqpG63L.png image0.png
@Krycelli

hey, i'm not on the pinglists for some reason despite having filled out the forms. ono i signed up for gilded gambit, and my user no is #66554!
@Krycelli

hey, i'm not on the pinglists for some reason despite having filled out the forms. ono i signed up for gilded gambit, and my user no is #66554!
DYc14Nm.png ....
STARPHASE
fr+03 - crow - she/he/they

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
... you're one scary guy.
so this is your true nature.
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 43 44