Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WCS] Aquatic Artisans (OVER)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Username: clarax #150307 Prompt: Edge of the Sea Entry: (I have a few last-minute entries, I hope that's okay! ^_^) --------------- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13027409] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/130275/13027409_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] The Water Fae fluttered to the edge of the sea, wonder in his eyes. Echo had not been back to Water Flight territory since he had first left it, many years ago. In the Water Festivals of past, he had always celebrated from his new territory in the Viridian Labyrinth, spending the days by the streams through the Gladeveins, or perhaps on the beachs of the Western Ocean… But this year, things had gone differently. And perhaps the only benefit of all the recent tragedy was that he now had the opportunity to return to his birth Flight. He was a little frightened to go swimming even in the shallows of the Sea of a Thousand Currents, for fear of what the Tidelord might think of him for ever leaving the Flight. But he explored the seaside, taking part in the land-based festivities, and buying a few festive favours to bring back to his Clan in the northern rainforest. And then he had discovered the tidepools. They were in a quiet corner of the beach, away from the chaos and noise of the festival. Here, it was a different world altogether, a sacred space. Echo looked around, worried he was trespassing – it seemed private, a personal glance into the soul of the Water element itself. The small pools glinted like shed rainbow scales, and once he ensured it was safe, he approached them with bated breath. He sat quietly, respectfully, at the edge of the tidepools, positioning himself so that he could watch three pools at once. In one, there was a swirl of colour as tiny, brightly-scaled fish flitted back and forth in a mesmerizing dance. They were smaller in size than he was. Echo's wings twitched, as if begging him to join their dance. He shook the feeling away, knowing the tidepool would not be big enough for him to swim underwater. In the second, there was a family of crabs. He watched with interest and light amusement as a smaller crab poked her head curiously from the water, watching the Fae with beady eyes. "Hello, little one," Echo whispered. The crab spooked at his voice, and ducked back into the water. One of the older crabs scuttled quickly to the edge of the pool and clicked her claws in Echo's direction, as if threatening or scolding him. The Fae held up his front paws, his claws sheathed, in apology. And in the third tidepool, there was hardly any movement. It was quiet, the surface the stillest of all three. Echo peered closely, his interest outweighing his cautious instincts. There didn't seem to be much within the tidepool, although the Water dragon knew there was [i]always something.[/i] There were some delicately-shaped shells, some blue-and-pink swirled pebbles, some algae growing on the underside of the rock... "Hmm," Echo said to himself. And then the bubbles came forth, spewing from underneath the rocks in a tumble of boiling water. Prophecy after prophecy came, too quick for Echo to process. But the message was as clear as the water from which they came. The Tidelord was reaching out to his child, calling for the Water dragon to listen. The prophecies were a sign, Echo realized. His Flight was not mad at him, and his first deity was not disappointed in him. No matter the years Echo had dedicated to serving the Gladekeeper in her lands to the north, the Tidelord knew that Echo had not forgotten his birthplace nor his birth deity; and the Tidelord had not forgotten about him, either. Echo was okay. Echo was forgiven.
Username: clarax #150307

Prompt: Edge of the Sea

Entry: (I have a few last-minute entries, I hope that's okay! ^_^)

The Water Fae fluttered to the edge of the sea, wonder in his eyes.

Echo had not been back to Water Flight territory since he had first left it, many years ago. In the Water Festivals of past, he had always celebrated from his new territory in the Viridian Labyrinth, spending the days by the streams through the Gladeveins, or perhaps on the beachs of the Western Ocean… But this year, things had gone differently.

And perhaps the only benefit of all the recent tragedy was that he now had the opportunity to return to his birth Flight.

He was a little frightened to go swimming even in the shallows of the Sea of a Thousand Currents, for fear of what the Tidelord might think of him for ever leaving the Flight. But he explored the seaside, taking part in the land-based festivities, and buying a few festive favours to bring back to his Clan in the northern rainforest.

And then he had discovered the tidepools.

They were in a quiet corner of the beach, away from the chaos and noise of the festival. Here, it was a different world altogether, a sacred space. Echo looked around, worried he was trespassing – it seemed private, a personal glance into the soul of the Water element itself. The small pools glinted like shed rainbow scales, and once he ensured it was safe, he approached them with bated breath.

He sat quietly, respectfully, at the edge of the tidepools, positioning himself so that he could watch three pools at once.

In one, there was a swirl of colour as tiny, brightly-scaled fish flitted back and forth in a mesmerizing dance. They were smaller in size than he was. Echo's wings twitched, as if begging him to join their dance. He shook the feeling away, knowing the tidepool would not be big enough for him to swim underwater.

In the second, there was a family of crabs. He watched with interest and light amusement as a smaller crab poked her head curiously from the water, watching the Fae with beady eyes.

"Hello, little one," Echo whispered.

The crab spooked at his voice, and ducked back into the water. One of the older crabs scuttled quickly to the edge of the pool and clicked her claws in Echo's direction, as if threatening or scolding him.

The Fae held up his front paws, his claws sheathed, in apology.

And in the third tidepool, there was hardly any movement. It was quiet, the surface the stillest of all three. Echo peered closely, his interest outweighing his cautious instincts. There didn't seem to be much within the tidepool, although the Water dragon knew there was always something. There were some delicately-shaped shells, some blue-and-pink swirled pebbles, some algae growing on the underside of the rock...

"Hmm," Echo said to himself.

And then the bubbles came forth, spewing from underneath the rocks in a tumble of boiling water. Prophecy after prophecy came, too quick for Echo to process. But the message was as clear as the water from which they came. The Tidelord was reaching out to his child, calling for the Water dragon to listen. The prophecies were a sign, Echo realized. His Flight was not mad at him, and his first deity was not disappointed in him. No matter the years Echo had dedicated to serving the Gladekeeper in her lands to the north, the Tidelord knew that Echo had not forgotten his birthplace nor his birth deity; and the Tidelord had not forgotten about him, either.

Echo was okay.

Echo was forgiven.
1u3H6jas.png
Username: clarax #150307 Prompt: The Floating City Entry: Cascade's Tour ------------ [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12163346] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/121634/12163346_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Cascade settled into the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2172126/11#post_26882825]gondola[/url], excited for his next adventure. He hadn't ever had a chance to explore the Floating City, the City of Levitos, before, although his travels had brought him close several times before. He had even found some old journals detailing the beauty of the City when he had explored the ancient libraries in the Sunbeam Ruins (although that had been so long ago, the details were fuzzy; although Cascade remembered thinking the journals had been fabricated by a dragon looking for undeserved fame. The scent of the library brought back strong memories). The Tundra shook out these thoughts and beamed in response to the greeting his tour guide gave the boarding dragons. As the gondola ride began, Cascade turned his attention to the shores passing by. The City was breath-taking. It was one of the most majestic things that Cascade had ever seen, and he had been nearly all over Sorneith. The Clarus Clan explorer was not easily impressed as he had once been in his youth, but the City of 1000 Currents impressed him as much as anything ever could. The architecture was incredible, and caught his attention first. There was gold-inlay along the rooftops; there was decorative, water-proof paintings along the borders of windows and doors; there were seashells trailing along the outside walls of the buildings, and from his vantage point Cascade could even see them pressed into the walkways. It reminded him of the wild, free-growing gardens in the Labyrinth of his home. But it also carried the charm and ancient serenity of the ruined temples in the Sunbeam Ruins, only this City was far from ruined. But the atmosphere was even better than the architecture. The chatter of excited hosts and humbled visitors carried through the air and washed over the crowds, like the gentle currents of the rivers flowing through the City. Cascade watched with wide blue eyes, falling in love with every bend in the river the gondola took. And he could feel his heart swelling as he breathed in deep, taking in the scents of the City to ensure he would never forget this moment.

Prompt: The Floating City

Entry: Cascade's Tour

Cascade settled into the gondola, excited for his next adventure. He hadn't ever had a chance to explore the Floating City, the City of Levitos, before, although his travels had brought him close several times before. He had even found some old journals detailing the beauty of the City when he had explored the ancient libraries in the Sunbeam Ruins (although that had been so long ago, the details were fuzzy; although Cascade remembered thinking the journals had been fabricated by a dragon looking for undeserved fame. The scent of the library brought back strong memories).

The Tundra shook out these thoughts and beamed in response to the greeting his tour guide gave the boarding dragons. As the gondola ride began, Cascade turned his attention to the shores passing by.

The City was breath-taking. It was one of the most majestic things that Cascade had ever seen, and he had been nearly all over Sorneith. The Clarus Clan explorer was not easily impressed as he had once been in his youth, but the City of 1000 Currents impressed him as much as anything ever could.

The architecture was incredible, and caught his attention first. There was gold-inlay along the rooftops; there was decorative, water-proof paintings along the borders of windows and doors; there were seashells trailing along the outside walls of the buildings, and from his vantage point Cascade could even see them pressed into the walkways. It reminded him of the wild, free-growing gardens in the Labyrinth of his home. But it also carried the charm and ancient serenity of the ruined temples in the Sunbeam Ruins, only this City was far from ruined.

But the atmosphere was even better than the architecture. The chatter of excited hosts and humbled visitors carried through the air and washed over the crowds, like the gentle currents of the rivers flowing through the City.

Cascade watched with wide blue eyes, falling in love with every bend in the river the gondola took. And he could feel his heart swelling as he breathed in deep, taking in the scents of the City to ensure he would never forget this moment.
1u3H6jas.png
Username: clarax #150307 Prompt: Wild Card Entry: Hatchling Letter from Farstrider ---------------- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22218331] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/222184/22218331_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [quote][indent][indent][i]Dear [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=2688]Mother and Father[/url],[/i][/indent] Kureth and Arith of the Clan of Kyuth in the depths of the Leviathan Trench, beneath the eye of the Tidelord, Master of the Sea of a Thousand Currents [/indent] [color=transparent]____[/color]I hope this letter finds you well. I know it has been a while since we have last spoken - in fact, it has been nearly a full elemental cycle. But as the Wavecrest Saturnalia begins, my thoughts have turned to my old home in the everlasting Sea, to my birthplace in the care of the first and greatest deity whom I follow with joy, and of course, to you, my parents. [color=transparent]____[/color]Since we have last spoken, I found my way safely north to the Viridian Labyrinth. I know you had hoped I would stay near the Sea, where the water is strongest, but I do like it here - the Gladeveins are a different sort of water, but water all the same. And besides, the Clan I was with had great cliffs in their territory overlooking the western oceans, in which I loved to swim. I wish you could have visited! It's too late now, though. Things have turned sour, although I am safe and well, traveling with a few of my Clanmates. We are staying in the Labyrinth for now, and although I wish I could visit for our festival, unfortunately the tide of events has taken me down a different stream. [color=transparent]____[/color]Perhaps I should have written sooner. I have had troubling dreams in the past while, and unfortunately I was not strong enough to decipher them in time to warn the Clan which has welcomed me into their home. As such, their home has been lost... well, we hope to reclaim it, but it is still too early to say for sure what will happen, one way or another. I can't spare you the details, unfortunately, as per my matriarch's order. But if I had shared my troubles with you earlier, mayhaps I could have saved my Clan? It's too late now, and the Tidelord does not look back. I will persevere, as you have taught me to do, and if the deities grant it, we will survive yet. [color=transparent]____[/color]May the tides carry you to splendor, my beloved parents, and happy Wavecrest! [indent]Your diligent son, [i]Farstrider[/i][/indent] [/quote]

Prompt: Wild Card

Entry: Hatchling Letter from Farstrider
Quote:
Kureth and Arith of the Clan of Kyuth in the depths of the Leviathan Trench,
beneath the eye of the Tidelord, Master of the Sea of a Thousand Currents

____I hope this letter finds you well. I know it has been a while since we have last spoken - in fact, it has been nearly a full elemental cycle. But as the Wavecrest Saturnalia begins, my thoughts have turned to my old home in the everlasting Sea, to my birthplace in the care of the first and greatest deity whom I follow with joy, and of course, to you, my parents.

____Since we have last spoken, I found my way safely north to the Viridian Labyrinth. I know you had hoped I would stay near the Sea, where the water is strongest, but I do like it here - the Gladeveins are a different sort of water, but water all the same. And besides, the Clan I was with had great cliffs in their territory overlooking the western oceans, in which I loved to swim. I wish you could have visited! It's too late now, though. Things have turned sour, although I am safe and well, traveling with a few of my Clanmates. We are staying in the Labyrinth for now, and although I wish I could visit for our festival, unfortunately the tide of events has taken me down a different stream.

____Perhaps I should have written sooner. I have had troubling dreams in the past while, and unfortunately I was not strong enough to decipher them in time to warn the Clan which has welcomed me into their home. As such, their home has been lost... well, we hope to reclaim it, but it is still too early to say for sure what will happen, one way or another. I can't spare you the details, unfortunately, as per my matriarch's order. But if I had shared my troubles with you earlier, mayhaps I could have saved my Clan? It's too late now, and the Tidelord does not look back. I will persevere, as you have taught me to do, and if the deities grant it, we will survive yet.

____May the tides carry you to splendor, my beloved parents, and happy Wavecrest!
Your diligent son,
Farstrider
1u3H6jas.png
Username: clarax #150307 Prompt: Fishermen's Fiends Entry: Proteus's Swim ---------------- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32142480] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/321425/32142480_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Proteus had never swam so far south before. But he had also never experienced the Wavecrest Saturnalia, either. Since he had grown up and moved away from his parents, he had always lived near the Viridian Labyrinth. There was strong Nature magic in his blood, even as he dwelled in the depths of the sea. He even had settled in the Gladeveins, although the streams in the jungle were more shallow than he had ever known. Still, his trip to the South for the Water festivities gave him a freedom he hadn't felt in ages. The endless depths, the dark abyss, the lack of sunlight... it was so easy to lose himself in the waters, and it set his heart free. The sea monster swam as fast as he could, streaking through the ocean currents. He was large shadow hardly visible until up close, with dappled scales, swirled markings and finned wing-like appendages. If any dragon of Sorneith ever saw him from the surface, they might think he was a Dancer... although a strangely gened one, with odd lineage giving him such a ... unique... silhouette. [i]And perhaps[/i], Proteus thought to himself as he swam towards the warmer waters of the Sea of a Thousand Currents,[i] perhaps I do have some dragon in me. Way back... on mother's side? Whatever that breed is called, that Dancer one...[/i] He shifted the angle of wings, and picked up his pace. The thought that he had dragon blood made him a little uncomfortable, but perhaps it would be to his benefit - after all, he was attending a dragon festival now, wasn't he? He had never spoken to a dragon before. Sea monsters, yes; and merfolk, the Maren of the northern sea. And even some sidhe, up in the jungles of the Viridian Labyrinth. But Proteus tended to keep to himself, and even when he ran into others of his kind, he did not say much more than an initial greeting. [i]This is foolish,[/i] he thought grimly. Why would dragons welcome him, a sea monster, to their festival? Even if he swam their waters too. He shouldn't go. It was a mistake. With his decision in mind, Proteus turned sharply. Even though he had swam more than half-way to the Sea of a Thousand Currents, he couldn't continue his journey. It would only cause trouble. Suddenly, before Proteus' eyes, a single bubble drifted in his path, almost forcefully cutting him off. It was a gleaming spotlight in the dark waters. The sea monster pulled to a stop, swaying a little in the ocean current. [i]What's this...?[/i] he thought to himself. Before he could do anything, the bubble came to float above his face, before popping loudly. The sound carried like a cry through the depth. And with the sound came a tremendous feeling. There were no words or images with this prophecy, only the intense, shattering emotion that made Proteus tremble. He was humbled, a tiny thing, a speck of dust in the hurricane of this presence. [i]Holy mother of pearl, it's the god...[/i] Proteus remembered himself thinking in the moment, although he was so shocked he could hardly move. It was the dragon deity - but no, more than the deity of mere dragons, the deity of all the element of Water, including all who dwelt in it... dragons and fish, Maren, and - him. The Tidelord had noticed Proteus swimming alone through his waters, and the Tidelord had thought to send him a message. The thought was humbling, and embarrassing, and a moment of pride, and a moment of horror, all combined into a cataclysm within him. [i]Young sea-being.[/i] There were no words, but the intent of the bubble-message was strong within Proteus. The voice he gave the feeling was low, hallowed, reverberating with an ancient power. [i]You are mine, and you are welcome in my waters. You shall be treated with nothing but hospitality and grace at my festival. If you return home, you will have disappointed me, and dishonoured your kin. Come, young sea-being. Come to the Saturnalia.[/i] Proteus was stunned. For many moments after the bubble had faded from sight, after the feeling had faded to a low thrumming within him, he floated still in the water. But then he stirred, and turned once more to face south. There was no question about it - he had to go now. After all, he had an invitation to accept, and a festival to attend.

Prompt: Fishermen's Fiends

Entry: Proteus's Swim

Proteus had never swam so far south before. But he had also never experienced the Wavecrest Saturnalia, either.

Since he had grown up and moved away from his parents, he had always lived near the Viridian Labyrinth. There was strong Nature magic in his blood, even as he dwelled in the depths of the sea. He even had settled in the Gladeveins, although the streams in the jungle were more shallow than he had ever known.

Still, his trip to the South for the Water festivities gave him a freedom he hadn't felt in ages. The endless depths, the dark abyss, the lack of sunlight... it was so easy to lose himself in the waters, and it set his heart free.

The sea monster swam as fast as he could, streaking through the ocean currents. He was large shadow hardly visible until up close, with dappled scales, swirled markings and finned wing-like appendages. If any dragon of Sorneith ever saw him from the surface, they might think he was a Dancer... although a strangely gened one, with odd lineage giving him such a ... unique... silhouette.

And perhaps, Proteus thought to himself as he swam towards the warmer waters of the Sea of a Thousand Currents, perhaps I do have some dragon in me. Way back... on mother's side? Whatever that breed is called, that Dancer one... He shifted the angle of wings, and picked up his pace. The thought that he had dragon blood made him a little uncomfortable, but perhaps it would be to his benefit - after all, he was attending a dragon festival now, wasn't he?

He had never spoken to a dragon before. Sea monsters, yes; and merfolk, the Maren of the northern sea. And even some sidhe, up in the jungles of the Viridian Labyrinth. But Proteus tended to keep to himself, and even when he ran into others of his kind, he did not say much more than an initial greeting.

This is foolish, he thought grimly. Why would dragons welcome him, a sea monster, to their festival? Even if he swam their waters too. He shouldn't go. It was a mistake.

With his decision in mind, Proteus turned sharply. Even though he had swam more than half-way to the Sea of a Thousand Currents, he couldn't continue his journey. It would only cause trouble.

Suddenly, before Proteus' eyes, a single bubble drifted in his path, almost forcefully cutting him off. It was a gleaming spotlight in the dark waters.

The sea monster pulled to a stop, swaying a little in the ocean current. What's this...? he thought to himself. Before he could do anything, the bubble came to float above his face, before popping loudly. The sound carried like a cry through the depth.

And with the sound came a tremendous feeling. There were no words or images with this prophecy, only the intense, shattering emotion that made Proteus tremble. He was humbled, a tiny thing, a speck of dust in the hurricane of this presence.

Holy mother of pearl, it's the god... Proteus remembered himself thinking in the moment, although he was so shocked he could hardly move.

It was the dragon deity - but no, more than the deity of mere dragons, the deity of all the element of Water, including all who dwelt in it... dragons and fish, Maren, and - him. The Tidelord had noticed Proteus swimming alone through his waters, and the Tidelord had thought to send him a message. The thought was humbling, and embarrassing, and a moment of pride, and a moment of horror, all combined into a cataclysm within him.

Young sea-being. There were no words, but the intent of the bubble-message was strong within Proteus. The voice he gave the feeling was low, hallowed, reverberating with an ancient power. You are mine, and you are welcome in my waters. You shall be treated with nothing but hospitality and grace at my festival. If you return home, you will have disappointed me, and dishonoured your kin. Come, young sea-being. Come to the Saturnalia.

Proteus was stunned. For many moments after the bubble had faded from sight, after the feeling had faded to a low thrumming within him, he floated still in the water. But then he stirred, and turned once more to face south. There was no question about it - he had to go now. After all, he had an invitation to accept, and a festival to attend.
1u3H6jas.png
((Haha, last minute entries! If I manage to get it together, I might scrape in an actual last minute entry. We'll see!))

Username: WorldOfOurOwn

Entry: A thank you note

1. for the endless sand. Two weeks later I will suddenly feel an uncomfortable crunch while I am chewing my breakfast. I think it will have finally fallen out from deep under my fingernail.
  2. for the salt in my eyes, in my nose, on my tongue, in my belly, as well as for the stomachache that will surely come in time. I can almost feel the dry water pulling liquid out of my body as I lie in the sand, waiting for the burn to fade away.
  3. for the sand crabs who always seem to be digging yet never appear to be further than right below the surface. The bubbling of the sand makes me shiver. What else lies beneath the soles of my bare feet?
  4. for the tingling sting of a harmless sea anemone. Watch it curl into itself as though it knows it’s no match for you, and for a moment pretend that you are not afraid of the ocean’s countless secrets.
  5. for the sand castles lined up along the coast. We build them to feel humble, holding our breaths as kingdom after kingdom relinquishes its power to the might of the ocean’s hunger.
  6. for the absence of time within a pocket of infinite hours. I expect the world to freeze as the waves come roaring up, perpetually surprised when the wave recedes before it has even crashed.
  7. for the moments when I didn’t have to exist. I close my eyes and feel my weightlessness. The noise of the world fades into a different reality, and I think that this is the closest I will get to knowing what death will feel like.

Entry: Oh yes, the mighty dragon

Oh yes, the mighty dragon, who
Barks worse than she does bite.
Her roars of vicious anger burn
Infernos hot and bright.

Although I meant no harm, and I
Am harmless through and through.
She blames me for all that I am,
Attacks me for my youth.

No, mercy cannot be allowed,
For I’ve upset a god.
My life will be for her to own,
My dreams before now naught.

But when, the beast inside her sleeps,
A mother she turns back.
She treats me kind, and I want to
Forgive her though I can’t.
((Haha, last minute entries! If I manage to get it together, I might scrape in an actual last minute entry. We'll see!))

Entry: A thank you note

1. for the endless sand. Two weeks later I will suddenly feel an uncomfortable crunch while I am chewing my breakfast. I think it will have finally fallen out from deep under my fingernail.
  2. for the salt in my eyes, in my nose, on my tongue, in my belly, as well as for the stomachache that will surely come in time. I can almost feel the dry water pulling liquid out of my body as I lie in the sand, waiting for the burn to fade away.
  3. for the sand crabs who always seem to be digging yet never appear to be further than right below the surface. The bubbling of the sand makes me shiver. What else lies beneath the soles of my bare feet?
  4. for the tingling sting of a harmless sea anemone. Watch it curl into itself as though it knows it’s no match for you, and for a moment pretend that you are not afraid of the ocean’s countless secrets.
  5. for the sand castles lined up along the coast. We build them to feel humble, holding our breaths as kingdom after kingdom relinquishes its power to the might of the ocean’s hunger.
  6. for the absence of time within a pocket of infinite hours. I expect the world to freeze as the waves come roaring up, perpetually surprised when the wave recedes before it has even crashed.
  7. for the moments when I didn’t have to exist. I close my eyes and feel my weightlessness. The noise of the world fades into a different reality, and I think that this is the closest I will get to knowing what death will feel like.

Entry: Oh yes, the mighty dragon

Oh yes, the mighty dragon, who
Barks worse than she does bite.
Her roars of vicious anger burn
Infernos hot and bright.

Although I meant no harm, and I
Am harmless through and through.
She blames me for all that I am,
Attacks me for my youth.

No, mercy cannot be allowed,
For I’ve upset a god.
My life will be for her to own,
My dreams before now naught.

But when, the beast inside her sleeps,
A mother she turns back.
She treats me kind, and I want to
Forgive her though I can’t.
Username: argylion
Prompt: The Depths
Entry: Abyssopelagic

Many dark leagues beneath the ocean's frothed spray
Where sunlight is fake and leads one astray
Was there such an instance
as light in the distance?
Or shall you turn your head and silently pray?

- - - - - - - - -
Entry:
Spoonin' up a Dollar

I went a walkin' down the beach one **'noon
Brought a brick an' a hat an' a rusty ol' spoon
Well I dug up a dollar
(though not the money 'sort)
So I gave a loud holler
(for my trustiest cohort)

Well he told me right straight that I was a fool
An' he led me right down on to some ol' tidepool
We found some eatin' mussels
(or some sort o' shelled folks)
And we got in some tussles
(after one too many pokes)

And by the time the sun was a goin' down
We was walkin' back home with nary a frown
Our pockets filled with seaglass
(all gone soft from the tide)
And trippin' on beachgrass
('cause it was dark on th' hillside)

So ev'ry day an' all summer my buddy an' me
Would catch things in the pools 'fore settin' 'em free

- - - - - - - - -
((For that last one my mind just went: old man dragon. it's gotta be an old man dragon telling a story, haha

also I WAS NOT expecting to do poetry for this. I never do poetry, but idk. I didn't have lots of time or ideas for art annd... this happened instead? it turned out really fun though!))
Prompt: The Depths
Entry: Abyssopelagic

Many dark leagues beneath the ocean's frothed spray
Where sunlight is fake and leads one astray
Was there such an instance
as light in the distance?
Or shall you turn your head and silently pray?

- - - - - - - - -
Entry:
Spoonin' up a Dollar

I went a walkin' down the beach one **'noon
Brought a brick an' a hat an' a rusty ol' spoon
Well I dug up a dollar
(though not the money 'sort)
So I gave a loud holler
(for my trustiest cohort)

Well he told me right straight that I was a fool
An' he led me right down on to some ol' tidepool
We found some eatin' mussels
(or some sort o' shelled folks)
And we got in some tussles
(after one too many pokes)

And by the time the sun was a goin' down
We was walkin' back home with nary a frown
Our pockets filled with seaglass
(all gone soft from the tide)
And trippin' on beachgrass
('cause it was dark on th' hillside)

So ev'ry day an' all summer my buddy an' me
Would catch things in the pools 'fore settin' 'em free

- - - - - - - - -
((For that last one my mind just went: old man dragon. it's gotta be an old man dragon telling a story, haha

also I WAS NOT expecting to do poetry for this. I never do poetry, but idk. I didn't have lots of time or ideas for art annd... this happened instead? it turned out really fun though!))
NcSflKP.png
My bones are made of feathers, and my heart beats with the breeze.
D91RBvR.pnglHdQ8WC.gifOY3P2op.png
NQaOZu9.png
stW7qZC.png
IbGi8gf.png
@Hanelli @JetFeather @Origamer @Amaranth41 @Rocwylde @Siennia @Lenox @SocklessWonder @Feorin @Fabro @Paintminion @CasuallySleepy @Sylphiette @Xarina @ThePurple @Andreaissy @Lundlaeva @Pennifeather @Dawnsong

*Sounds an airhorn* Aquatic Artisans is now over!
Thank you so much to the many people who entered! I never thought we'd get that many entries :')
Winners will hopefully be announced within the next week, so please be patient while the judges get to work~

@WitchyWriter @Beargirl1393 @Holi @Bibliomancer @Smokeybunny

To those who haven't started: it's officially time to judge! (So far only two of you have said anything, so I just want to be sure. If the others still don't come, I can help with the judging)
I don't really have a set plan, but it's basically along the lines of "Look though the entries, pick your favorites for each category and overall, and send them to me through PM" or something like that... Sorry for not being too organized with this part; feel free to ask questions or help work out an official way of doing this ^^;

Edit: Yikes. There are apparently too many entries for the post to handle, so it's been cut off o_o I'll try to find a solution to that...
@Hanelli @JetFeather @Origamer @Amaranth41 @Rocwylde @Siennia @Lenox @SocklessWonder @Feorin @Fabro @Paintminion @CasuallySleepy @Sylphiette @Xarina @ThePurple @Andreaissy @Lundlaeva @Pennifeather @Dawnsong

*Sounds an airhorn* Aquatic Artisans is now over!
Thank you so much to the many people who entered! I never thought we'd get that many entries :')
Winners will hopefully be announced within the next week, so please be patient while the judges get to work~

@WitchyWriter @Beargirl1393 @Holi @Bibliomancer @Smokeybunny

To those who haven't started: it's officially time to judge! (So far only two of you have said anything, so I just want to be sure. If the others still don't come, I can help with the judging)
I don't really have a set plan, but it's basically along the lines of "Look though the entries, pick your favorites for each category and overall, and send them to me through PM" or something like that... Sorry for not being too organized with this part; feel free to ask questions or help work out an official way of doing this ^^;

Edit: Yikes. There are apparently too many entries for the post to handle, so it's been cut off o_o I'll try to find a solution to that...
waterfull.png
*shifty eyes here and there*

2 out of my 3 prompts were unintentionally related, I swear... >.> *shoves Damian out*

Good luck to everyone! ouo
*shifty eyes here and there*

2 out of my 3 prompts were unintentionally related, I swear... >.> *shoves Damian out*

Good luck to everyone! ouo
@Hydria
I'm so sorry I haven't checked in yet! I was supposed to be off all last week, but ended up being called in and working six days last week, with only Tuesday off (one of my coworkers' daughter was sick, so she called off to take care of her). I'm off today, though, and I'll look through all of the entries now :)
@Hydria
I'm so sorry I haven't checked in yet! I was supposed to be off all last week, but ended up being called in and working six days last week, with only Tuesday off (one of my coworkers' daughter was sick, so she called off to take care of her). I'm off today, though, and I'll look through all of the entries now :)
j4TARaG.pngkOeTXEu.png7JGzfva.pngKEtym0N.pngMorpheon Fennec Raffle Ticket
@Hydria I remembered that I hadn't finished at two this morning. (*facepalm*)

When you figure out how to post the remaining entries, let me know.
@Hydria I remembered that I hadn't finished at two this morning. (*facepalm*)

When you figure out how to post the remaining entries, let me know.
Animated%20Lauren-sm_zpswflpqod1.pngSleeping%20Meroe_zpsgdmhbnxs.gifmaGQFx6.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10