Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WCS] Aquatic Artisans (OVER)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Username: Amaranth41

Prompt: Creature Feature

Entry: Nautilus
Kaimana padded softly along the sopping wet sand at the edge of the Sea of a Thousand Currents, her talons leaving prints to get washed away by the sparkling waves. Satisfied she was in a spot unclaimed by a Water clan, Kaimana spread her enormous leathery wings and slipped into the water. She let the salty liquid flow over her streamlined blue body, reveling in the familiarity of it. Living in the Shifting Expanse for so long, she had almost forgotten what the ocean had felt like. Sighing with pleasure, Kaimana tipped her wings forward, took a deep breath, and dove beneath the waves.

Kaimana slipped easily through the water, her Imperial wings catching currents as if it was second nature. Sunlight filtered through the water in beams, creating a shifting geometric pattern on the sandy ocean floor. As Kaimana swam towards a drop off, the current slowed and grew cold. Kaimana tucked in her wings and swam, moving her body like an iguana. She quickly reached the drop off and placed her talons in the sand. She didn't see any patrolling dragons, so the area was clear of clans. Eagerly Kaimana spread her wings and leapt off the ledge and into the water beyond. The Fishspine Reef was spread out below her, brightly colored and bustling with life.

Kaimana dove down towards the reef, swimming along the edge. She watched as eel, angelfish, clownfish, and juvenile octoflyers darted past. On any other day she would've caught one, but today she simply wanted to enjoy the reef's beauty. She turned her head to look over the reef, the quick motion sending up bubbles. Swimming over the center of the reef was a small creature in a spiral shell.

Nautilus! Kaimana cried internally. She pushed up off the sand and centered herself above the reef, keeping as close to the tips of the coral as possible without breaking them. The nautilus swam in front of her, not seeing the blue Imperial because of her natural camouflage. The nautilus had a shell like a snail, mostly white with stripes of red. The top of its head was a rusty red with white spots. It had fleshy white eyes on the side of its head that looked like octopus suckers with a black dot in the center. It's head consisted of many tiny tentacles, which surrounded a small water jet that the nautilus used to move. It moved slowly, speeding up every couple seconds as it expelled water to propel itself forward. Kaimana followed the curious creature as it traversed the reef, weaving in and out of the spines for which the reef was named. After several minutes the nautilus dove into a tiny cave, probably its home. Figuring she should follow the crustacean's example, Kaimana swam up and caught a current that would bring her back to the beach.

Entry: Nautilus
Kaimana padded softly along the sopping wet sand at the edge of the Sea of a Thousand Currents, her talons leaving prints to get washed away by the sparkling waves. Satisfied she was in a spot unclaimed by a Water clan, Kaimana spread her enormous leathery wings and slipped into the water. She let the salty liquid flow over her streamlined blue body, reveling in the familiarity of it. Living in the Shifting Expanse for so long, she had almost forgotten what the ocean had felt like. Sighing with pleasure, Kaimana tipped her wings forward, took a deep breath, and dove beneath the waves.

Kaimana slipped easily through the water, her Imperial wings catching currents as if it was second nature. Sunlight filtered through the water in beams, creating a shifting geometric pattern on the sandy ocean floor. As Kaimana swam towards a drop off, the current slowed and grew cold. Kaimana tucked in her wings and swam, moving her body like an iguana. She quickly reached the drop off and placed her talons in the sand. She didn't see any patrolling dragons, so the area was clear of clans. Eagerly Kaimana spread her wings and leapt off the ledge and into the water beyond. The Fishspine Reef was spread out below her, brightly colored and bustling with life.

Kaimana dove down towards the reef, swimming along the edge. She watched as eel, angelfish, clownfish, and juvenile octoflyers darted past. On any other day she would've caught one, but today she simply wanted to enjoy the reef's beauty. She turned her head to look over the reef, the quick motion sending up bubbles. Swimming over the center of the reef was a small creature in a spiral shell.

Nautilus! Kaimana cried internally. She pushed up off the sand and centered herself above the reef, keeping as close to the tips of the coral as possible without breaking them. The nautilus swam in front of her, not seeing the blue Imperial because of her natural camouflage. The nautilus had a shell like a snail, mostly white with stripes of red. The top of its head was a rusty red with white spots. It had fleshy white eyes on the side of its head that looked like octopus suckers with a black dot in the center. It's head consisted of many tiny tentacles, which surrounded a small water jet that the nautilus used to move. It moved slowly, speeding up every couple seconds as it expelled water to propel itself forward. Kaimana followed the curious creature as it traversed the reef, weaving in and out of the spines for which the reef was named. After several minutes the nautilus dove into a tiny cave, probably its home. Figuring she should follow the crustacean's example, Kaimana swam up and caught a current that would bring her back to the beach.
NAfHsH1.png

Amaranth41
kOascjf.png HSk834N.png
they/them · EST · USA · writer · artist · scientist

jJluim0.png
Username: casuallySleepy Prompt: Creature Feature Entry: A jellyfish is really cute! <3 [img]http://i.imgur.com/bMBoPun.png[/img]
Username: casuallySleepy

Entry: A jellyfish is really cute! <3

bMBoPun.png
@Hydria
Can I please be added to the pinglist? Thanks!
@Hydria
Can I please be added to the pinglist? Thanks!
84d669668790b279a1734f4a81a8e75e9ae50900.png fLdYOuE.png
Gj9DhHn.png
bYt72YT.png
fdUVIfW.png
FObX7rS.png
UIuKM01.pngzwkSD6b.png
Some current special interests: Dokibird, Fuwamoco, magical girls, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation.. more here!
Previous usernames: MystaRias, dokidokibunni, Sylphiette, Toothless
z3FSuck.pngK9W8Tym.png
TBVYKs7.jpeg
@Hydria, add me to the pinglist, if you would. I enjoy this! (Also including the dragon image with my writing for the [i]shell[/i] of it, hope that's no big deal) ----- [b]Username:[/b] Xarina [b]Prompt:[/b] Edge of the Sea [b]Entry:[/b] "Unnameable" [quote][size=2] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30567332] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/305674/30567332_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Eyes, swollen and red, tinged with grey and fading skin, stared almost blankly up from the water's surface. There was an emptiness there, an astute awareness of temporality that didn't vanish as a straggling breath crossed the glass-like tide pool, momentarily warping the face in ripples. "So... they see me... like this," a voice whispered, almost as if whispering was the loudest the speaker could achieve, and as if each collection of words was painful to say aloud. He wouldn't have spoken, but he felt in that moment that the words needed to be made manifest in the world, even if only his own straining ears and the water itself would ever really hear them. The vision in the waves that he saw needed to be validated, both in his mind and to the serene rocky outcroppings that surrounded him. It was no monster reflected there, no alien beast of the deep, only his own visage. He closed his eyes slowly, letting the salty sea air rest on what was left of him. He had avoided mirrors for so long, had hidden himself from this very reality, all in the hopes of making a world around which his condition did not revolve. And yet, here he was, standing among pockets of water at low tide as a gaunt old Coatl stared back at him, unavoidably twisted in rippling water, all while others elsewhere celebrated and rejoiced. But in some way, he knew, this was his celebration, too. There was something very freeing about being grounded by this image, and the weight of years of not knowing what he looked like was lifted from him. There was nothing to fear, now, nothing to worry about. No mental images projecting something far worse or uselessly hoping for anything far better. He saw how his feathers were becoming translucent, many having fallen out while many more prepared their escape. He saw how the wrappings around his face had become stained with old blood, and how his once-powerful wings held themselves at uselessly weakened angles, the only way to avoid too much soreness in their joints. He saw how far he had fallen (or how far he had come), a vibrant hatchling reduced (or elevated) to a pale and dying dragon. As these thoughts wafted through his head, his vision began to shift, as if suddenly looking not at himself, but past himself, into the shallow depths of the pool before him. And then, as his focus returned to what his eyes were beholding, he saw it. He saw the reason he had been aided by clanmates and his enchanted "service familiar" to go to this place. "You must see it at least once, you know," one of the chosen exalts from the Tsunami Flats had said as she rested from a day of grueling training, "before your time is over, you should see the pools. There is so much..." "...Life!" He let the word go from his mouth with so much force that his ailing body reprimanded him with a fit of coughing, loud hacking sounds that disturbed the water and caused a school of small fish to dart away in the opposite direction. But, by now so accustomed to such painful outbursts, he just let the coughs become dry laughter. He watched them flit away, diving between small anemones and other strange collections of underwater beings, things seemingly impossibly torn between being animal or plant. "Nameless?" A voice, loud and deep, cut through his observations. She, like all others in this new clan that had adopted him, called him by that word. He had refused a name, forgotten his, and simply allowed the meaninglessness of his own, slowly fading existence to become his shelter. "I heard you coughing. Need anything?" He just shook his head, mentally saying, "no, no, I'm as fine as I'll ever be," but knowing it would take far too long for him to say those words. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32128921]A formidable Imperial[/url] that was actively picking at a tide pool nearby nodded in return. Her aims were different. Where he wished to merely see life, she wished to collect it, discern its properties, discover what it could become if altered in this way or that. She would be putting these impossibly brilliant sea slugs into jars, knowing them not as examples of what abundance there could be in such small spaces, but as potential ingredients in a poison or additions to a cure. He did not approve of her intentions, but he did not disapprove, either. She was a collector, and for a small moment, he almost saw how her disregard for conservation in this moment fit into the larger system of the known lands of Sornieth. It felt, somehow, like everything was connected. If he were to die here, or on the journey back, his fallen form would become part of the scenery, part of the life, a small ecosystem that teemed with things he couldn't imagine, just as this tide pool was. A celebration indeed, he nodded slowly. Wavecrest Saturnalia was taken for granted, just like so many other things he'd come to understand over the progression of his terminal infection. It wasn't about gondola rides or prophecies, though those were small parts of it. He smiled as best he could. Wavecrest Saturnalia, he decided, was a celebration of life, of the little things in the tide pool, of the collectors and the observers both, of the grand scheme of things that water itself was necessary to maintain. He let himself stop staring at the myriad of rainbow-colored beautiful beings in the water before him, and again saw the gaunt, pale Coatl staring back at him. Its head turned with his, bobbed with his, and spoke weakly with his. "There is no... such thing... as a meaningless existence... and you are," he stared hard into the eyes of his own reflection, "unnameable." [/size][/quote]
@Hydria, add me to the pinglist, if you would. I enjoy this! (Also including the dragon image with my writing for the shell of it, hope that's no big deal)

Username: Xarina

Prompt: Edge of the Sea

Entry: "Unnameable"
Quote:

Eyes, swollen and red, tinged with grey and fading skin, stared almost blankly up from the water's surface. There was an emptiness there, an astute awareness of temporality that didn't vanish as a straggling breath crossed the glass-like tide pool, momentarily warping the face in ripples. "So... they see me... like this," a voice whispered, almost as if whispering was the loudest the speaker could achieve, and as if each collection of words was painful to say aloud. He wouldn't have spoken, but he felt in that moment that the words needed to be made manifest in the world, even if only his own straining ears and the water itself would ever really hear them. The vision in the waves that he saw needed to be validated, both in his mind and to the serene rocky outcroppings that surrounded him. It was no monster reflected there, no alien beast of the deep, only his own visage. He closed his eyes slowly, letting the salty sea air rest on what was left of him.

He had avoided mirrors for so long, had hidden himself from this very reality, all in the hopes of making a world around which his condition did not revolve. And yet, here he was, standing among pockets of water at low tide as a gaunt old Coatl stared back at him, unavoidably twisted in rippling water, all while others elsewhere celebrated and rejoiced.

But in some way, he knew, this was his celebration, too. There was something very freeing about being grounded by this image, and the weight of years of not knowing what he looked like was lifted from him. There was nothing to fear, now, nothing to worry about. No mental images projecting something far worse or uselessly hoping for anything far better. He saw how his feathers were becoming translucent, many having fallen out while many more prepared their escape. He saw how the wrappings around his face had become stained with old blood, and how his once-powerful wings held themselves at uselessly weakened angles, the only way to avoid too much soreness in their joints. He saw how far he had fallen (or how far he had come), a vibrant hatchling reduced (or elevated) to a pale and dying dragon.

As these thoughts wafted through his head, his vision began to shift, as if suddenly looking not at himself, but past himself, into the shallow depths of the pool before him. And then, as his focus returned to what his eyes were beholding, he saw it. He saw the reason he had been aided by clanmates and his enchanted "service familiar" to go to this place. "You must see it at least once, you know," one of the chosen exalts from the Tsunami Flats had said as she rested from a day of grueling training, "before your time is over, you should see the pools. There is so much..."

"...Life!" He let the word go from his mouth with so much force that his ailing body reprimanded him with a fit of coughing, loud hacking sounds that disturbed the water and caused a school of small fish to dart away in the opposite direction. But, by now so accustomed to such painful outbursts, he just let the coughs become dry laughter. He watched them flit away, diving between small anemones and other strange collections of underwater beings, things seemingly impossibly torn between being animal or plant.

"Nameless?" A voice, loud and deep, cut through his observations. She, like all others in this new clan that had adopted him, called him by that word. He had refused a name, forgotten his, and simply allowed the meaninglessness of his own, slowly fading existence to become his shelter. "I heard you coughing. Need anything?"

He just shook his head, mentally saying, "no, no, I'm as fine as I'll ever be," but knowing it would take far too long for him to say those words. A formidable Imperial that was actively picking at a tide pool nearby nodded in return. Her aims were different. Where he wished to merely see life, she wished to collect it, discern its properties, discover what it could become if altered in this way or that. She would be putting these impossibly brilliant sea slugs into jars, knowing them not as examples of what abundance there could be in such small spaces, but as potential ingredients in a poison or additions to a cure.

He did not approve of her intentions, but he did not disapprove, either. She was a collector, and for a small moment, he almost saw how her disregard for conservation in this moment fit into the larger system of the known lands of Sornieth. It felt, somehow, like everything was connected. If he were to die here, or on the journey back, his fallen form would become part of the scenery, part of the life, a small ecosystem that teemed with things he couldn't imagine, just as this tide pool was.

A celebration indeed, he nodded slowly. Wavecrest Saturnalia was taken for granted, just like so many other things he'd come to understand over the progression of his terminal infection. It wasn't about gondola rides or prophecies, though those were small parts of it. He smiled as best he could. Wavecrest Saturnalia, he decided, was a celebration of life, of the little things in the tide pool, of the collectors and the observers both, of the grand scheme of things that water itself was necessary to maintain.

He let himself stop staring at the myriad of rainbow-colored beautiful beings in the water before him, and again saw the gaunt, pale Coatl staring back at him. Its head turned with his, bobbed with his, and spoke weakly with his. "There is no... such thing... as a meaningless existence... and you are," he stared hard into the eyes of his own reflection, "unnameable."
Galaxy-Skull.png ~~ ZNNyeOb.pngyeet
She/Her/Hers || Plagueling/Arcanite
FR+3 || I'm forgetful, PM me if I left something unfinished!

004-002.png1538e856e41a13dba7976f5bd7ceb13ea32a79e2.gif cd29c9512a3694d23a652f31a199ebb9.png 1074515.png
@Hydria
Ping me for daily prompts, please!
@Hydria
Ping me for daily prompts, please!
~Purple~
she/they/fae
ENFP
Pisces
Shadow
BWGQXgh.png 0 FFaGQFw.png
rabies banner: gutweed
0 BWGQXgh.png
pings are ok!

Entry: Outing

The waves thundered against the shore of the ocean. Avrae carefully picked her way down the slope to the Tsunami Flats, followed closely by Seregroval, India, and four bumbling hatchlings. The two Pearlcatchers, Midnight and Blackberry, were arguing about whose pearl was prettier, while Nytus and Effie, the two Tundras, simply sniffed, trying to take in all the scents of the sea. The sand was loose under Avrae's talons, and her steps were careful.

"Make sure to watch were you're walking!" Avrae called over her shoulder to the hatchlings.

"We're being careful, don't worry, Avrae!" Blackberry squeaked. He smacked Midnight with the tuft on the end of his tail as his brother tumbled over his pearl. "At least I am!" Effie snickered and shoved Nytus playfully, who squealed as he stumbled.

"Seriously, you guys do need to calm down a bit." India remarked, helping Nytus back to his talons. "Don't want you tumbling into any of these tide pools. Who knows what might be hiding in the depths." India feigned trying to grab Effie, and the Tundra shrieked, diving over Blackberry and Midnight. The three other hatchlings laughed, and India repressed a chuckle. Effie laughed too, popping up from behind the Pearlcatchers.

"Watch out!" She exclaimed, running towards Nytus. "I'm a Mantarune and I'm going to get you!"

"Oh no!" Nytus yelled. "Not an evil Mantarune!" He laughed and pelted down the slope, Blackberry, Midnight, and Effie hot on his heels.

"Rawr!" Effie roared. "I'm going to get you all!" The two Pearlcatchers had sped past her, and now Effie leapt onto Blackberry's back. Blackberry shrieked in delight and fell dramatically.

"Oh no, the Mantarune has me!" Blackberry cried.

"I'll save you!" Midnight responded, turning quickly. He charged up the slope towards Effie and Blackberry, Nytus following suit. Seeing the pair barreling towards her, Effie squeaked and leapt off Blackberry.

"The Mantarune gives up!" She exclaimed, throwing up her forepaws.

"That is quite good, seeing as we're at the tide pools." Seregroval interrupted, turning to the hatchlings. Immediately all four of them turned their heads to see the fabled ocean's edge.

"Woah..." Breathed Midnight. "I never thought the ocean would be so big!"

"Race you there!" Nytus yelled. He took off down the sand, Midnight, Blackberry, and Effie hot on his heels. Laughter echoed across the beach and Avrae smiled. She craned her neck to see the hatchlings and gasped.

"Careful!" She called, quickening her pace to catch up with them. "You're very close to the edge of the nearest tide pool! I wouldn't want you to fall-"

Splash!

"...in."

Entry: Outing

The waves thundered against the shore of the ocean. Avrae carefully picked her way down the slope to the Tsunami Flats, followed closely by Seregroval, India, and four bumbling hatchlings. The two Pearlcatchers, Midnight and Blackberry, were arguing about whose pearl was prettier, while Nytus and Effie, the two Tundras, simply sniffed, trying to take in all the scents of the sea. The sand was loose under Avrae's talons, and her steps were careful.

"Make sure to watch were you're walking!" Avrae called over her shoulder to the hatchlings.

"We're being careful, don't worry, Avrae!" Blackberry squeaked. He smacked Midnight with the tuft on the end of his tail as his brother tumbled over his pearl. "At least I am!" Effie snickered and shoved Nytus playfully, who squealed as he stumbled.

"Seriously, you guys do need to calm down a bit." India remarked, helping Nytus back to his talons. "Don't want you tumbling into any of these tide pools. Who knows what might be hiding in the depths." India feigned trying to grab Effie, and the Tundra shrieked, diving over Blackberry and Midnight. The three other hatchlings laughed, and India repressed a chuckle. Effie laughed too, popping up from behind the Pearlcatchers.

"Watch out!" She exclaimed, running towards Nytus. "I'm a Mantarune and I'm going to get you!"

"Oh no!" Nytus yelled. "Not an evil Mantarune!" He laughed and pelted down the slope, Blackberry, Midnight, and Effie hot on his heels.

"Rawr!" Effie roared. "I'm going to get you all!" The two Pearlcatchers had sped past her, and now Effie leapt onto Blackberry's back. Blackberry shrieked in delight and fell dramatically.

"Oh no, the Mantarune has me!" Blackberry cried.

"I'll save you!" Midnight responded, turning quickly. He charged up the slope towards Effie and Blackberry, Nytus following suit. Seeing the pair barreling towards her, Effie squeaked and leapt off Blackberry.

"The Mantarune gives up!" She exclaimed, throwing up her forepaws.

"That is quite good, seeing as we're at the tide pools." Seregroval interrupted, turning to the hatchlings. Immediately all four of them turned their heads to see the fabled ocean's edge.

"Woah..." Breathed Midnight. "I never thought the ocean would be so big!"

"Race you there!" Nytus yelled. He took off down the sand, Midnight, Blackberry, and Effie hot on his heels. Laughter echoed across the beach and Avrae smiled. She craned her neck to see the hatchlings and gasped.

"Careful!" She called, quickening her pace to catch up with them. "You're very close to the edge of the nearest tide pool! I wouldn't want you to fall-"

Splash!

"...in."
NAfHsH1.png

Amaranth41
kOascjf.png HSk834N.png
they/them · EST · USA · writer · artist · scientist

jJluim0.png
I'd like to be on the ping list for this.
I'd like to be on the ping list for this.
giphy.gif
@Hydria
Quote:

Username: Crystalinastar

Entry:

The waves come in and out, the white seafoam announcing its arrival. I breath in the salty sea air, the scent that always calms me down. The sun is shining down on my wings, pleasantly warming them up. The rough grains of sand crunch as my claws go over them.

I am perfectly at home in the sea. My mate, however, so used to the Abiding Boneyard, she hovers a few feet away from me. "Vanir," I gently coo, "it's really not that hot. The sand is quite pleasing, really."

Vanir shakes her head disbelievingly, her eyes sparing a fleeting glance on the rolling waves.

"The water is much cooler, if you'd prefer," I try to convince.

Vanir squeaks, and shoots up into a palm tree nearby. "The sea is dangerous. I could drown." Her voice comes out muffled.

I have to giggle a little. "Come on now, Vanir, the sea won't drown you. Not if you stay at the edge. See, the water's coming in and out."

My Spiral mate peeks out from behind a coconut. She hesitatingly flies over to me. "That's it now..." I say, guiding her to the water.

She dips her tail in it. "EEP!" she yelps. "It's cold!" I stamp my claw firmly on the ground. "Vaitai! I don't wanna!"

I give Vanir a reassuring smile. "No worries, you'll be holding onto me the whole time. What could go wrong?"

Slowly but surely, she comes toward my embrace. I hold my pearl near her, letting her know that I will protect her from the "vile sea creatures". "It's not so bad anymore, is it?" I ask. The seawater swirls around my feet, the tide rising just a slight bit.

"Not really," comes the reply from my chest. "It's better than hot, hot, hot, hot sand."

I feel something squirming in the water. Dipping my claws in, I pull out a starfish. It wiggles in my claws as Vanir starts to slowly back away. “Ah! Squirmy thing! Get away!” she shrieks, accidentally going deeper into the ocean. I doubt she noticed.

“Vanir, come closer,” I urge. The starfish wiggles still. “I can put it down.” I lower it to the water to make a point.

“A-alright.” Vanir slowly comes back as the starfish makes an audible ‘plop!’ into the water.

The wave comes crashing in. “Eek!” I hear Vanir scream as she lands face first into the water. The wave starts getting rough and the winds beat my face. Never have I been so worried so near the shore ever before.

My heart pounding in my chest, I rush over to my beloved. “Vanir! Vanir, grab on!” I feel the Spiral clutching my claws.

I try to heave her up, but the water keeps pushing her down. I use both claws. It still doesn’t work.

Vanir’s pulse is rapidly increasing. Salty sea air, I tell myself. Breathe in, breathe out.

My pearl glows golden. I take a fleeting glance at it. It fills me with strength and hope. “I CAN do it,” I murmur.

Vanir comes out of the sea, crashing into me. The salty droplets of water splash onto me as she hugs me tight, determined not to let go.

The sunshine illuminates Vanir’s scales. “Thank you,” she mumbles, buried in my chest again. “You saved me.”

“I will protect you always, my dear.” I stroke her head. “Just, please, stay at the edge of the sea.”
@Hydria
Quote:

Username: Crystalinastar

Entry:

The waves come in and out, the white seafoam announcing its arrival. I breath in the salty sea air, the scent that always calms me down. The sun is shining down on my wings, pleasantly warming them up. The rough grains of sand crunch as my claws go over them.

I am perfectly at home in the sea. My mate, however, so used to the Abiding Boneyard, she hovers a few feet away from me. "Vanir," I gently coo, "it's really not that hot. The sand is quite pleasing, really."

Vanir shakes her head disbelievingly, her eyes sparing a fleeting glance on the rolling waves.

"The water is much cooler, if you'd prefer," I try to convince.

Vanir squeaks, and shoots up into a palm tree nearby. "The sea is dangerous. I could drown." Her voice comes out muffled.

I have to giggle a little. "Come on now, Vanir, the sea won't drown you. Not if you stay at the edge. See, the water's coming in and out."

My Spiral mate peeks out from behind a coconut. She hesitatingly flies over to me. "That's it now..." I say, guiding her to the water.

She dips her tail in it. "EEP!" she yelps. "It's cold!" I stamp my claw firmly on the ground. "Vaitai! I don't wanna!"

I give Vanir a reassuring smile. "No worries, you'll be holding onto me the whole time. What could go wrong?"

Slowly but surely, she comes toward my embrace. I hold my pearl near her, letting her know that I will protect her from the "vile sea creatures". "It's not so bad anymore, is it?" I ask. The seawater swirls around my feet, the tide rising just a slight bit.

"Not really," comes the reply from my chest. "It's better than hot, hot, hot, hot sand."

I feel something squirming in the water. Dipping my claws in, I pull out a starfish. It wiggles in my claws as Vanir starts to slowly back away. “Ah! Squirmy thing! Get away!” she shrieks, accidentally going deeper into the ocean. I doubt she noticed.

“Vanir, come closer,” I urge. The starfish wiggles still. “I can put it down.” I lower it to the water to make a point.

“A-alright.” Vanir slowly comes back as the starfish makes an audible ‘plop!’ into the water.

The wave comes crashing in. “Eek!” I hear Vanir scream as she lands face first into the water. The wave starts getting rough and the winds beat my face. Never have I been so worried so near the shore ever before.

My heart pounding in my chest, I rush over to my beloved. “Vanir! Vanir, grab on!” I feel the Spiral clutching my claws.

I try to heave her up, but the water keeps pushing her down. I use both claws. It still doesn’t work.

Vanir’s pulse is rapidly increasing. Salty sea air, I tell myself. Breathe in, breathe out.

My pearl glows golden. I take a fleeting glance at it. It fills me with strength and hope. “I CAN do it,” I murmur.

Vanir comes out of the sea, crashing into me. The salty droplets of water splash onto me as she hugs me tight, determined not to let go.

The sunshine illuminates Vanir’s scales. “Thank you,” she mumbles, buried in my chest again. “You saved me.”

“I will protect you always, my dear.” I stroke her head. “Just, please, stay at the edge of the sea.”
pm6sAxv.png
@Hanelli @JetFeather @Origamer @Amaranth41 @Rocwylde @Siennia @Lenox @SocklessWonder @Feorin @Fabro @Paintminion @CasuallySleepy @Sylphiette @Xarina @ThePurple @Andreaissy

Today's prompt, The Floating City, and its prizes are up!
@Hanelli @JetFeather @Origamer @Amaranth41 @Rocwylde @Siennia @Lenox @SocklessWonder @Feorin @Fabro @Paintminion @CasuallySleepy @Sylphiette @Xarina @ThePurple @Andreaissy

Today's prompt, The Floating City, and its prizes are up!
waterfull.png
Username: Origamer

Prompt: Floating City

Entry: Wavecrest Saturnalia, day 3.

' Our staying in Levithos has have gone most pleasant so far. Many of our dragons have been eyeing the many wares being offered by artisans of all flights, in this marvelous city.
The mechanism of water flowing back, after Wavecrest and draining, before, is one of the most interesting i have yet seen.

Times the tundras got lost on the streets: 3 4.

Hydro particularly has been very enthusiastic of being back to her natural place. Hyrr is mingling with almost every philosopher and artist. Purity has been changing color non-stop. My daughter is flying from street to street, checking every type of poetry she can.

I do believe we will be left treasure-less.

Second-in-command, Nobunaga.'
Username: Origamer

Prompt: Floating City

Entry: Wavecrest Saturnalia, day 3.

' Our staying in Levithos has have gone most pleasant so far. Many of our dragons have been eyeing the many wares being offered by artisans of all flights, in this marvelous city.
The mechanism of water flowing back, after Wavecrest and draining, before, is one of the most interesting i have yet seen.

Times the tundras got lost on the streets: 3 4.

Hydro particularly has been very enthusiastic of being back to her natural place. Hyrr is mingling with almost every philosopher and artist. Purity has been changing color non-stop. My daughter is flying from street to street, checking every type of poetry she can.

I do believe we will be left treasure-less.

Second-in-command, Nobunaga.'
a6UQvR2.png

Art by Rytil
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10