Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | {Opposites Attract} Breeding Challenge!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
@Insigna

[snort] Offal! First I laughed. And now I must say: hardly! (Good luck with this.)
@Insigna

[snort] Offal! First I laughed. And now I must say: hardly! (Good luck with this.)
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
@Deladria

I just hope it didn't offend anyone or going against some rules xD
Actually my english isn't perfect cause i'm russian so i admit that i can write something in totally wrong meaning)
@Deladria

I just hope it didn't offend anyone or going against some rules xD
Actually my english isn't perfect cause i'm russian so i admit that i can write something in totally wrong meaning)
arcane_small_by_vamonkea-dai56rq.pngcvVqYlq.pngarcane_small_by_vamonkea-dai56rq.png
@Insigna

No worries, it's a great name for a Plague dragon! But XXX Crimson is hardly the "cast-off" that the name implies, IMO!

(MEANWHILE, I looked into your lair and fed my Imperial problem, hehe...)
@Insigna

No worries, it's a great name for a Plague dragon! But XXX Crimson is hardly the "cast-off" that the name implies, IMO!

(MEANWHILE, I looked into your lair and fed my Imperial problem, hehe...)
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
@SuperfluousBear What gorgeous representatives. <3 I don't know which one I think looks more awesome. Either way, I look forward to seeing what their kids look like and am afraid of what their actual mates in your lore will say about this.
@SuperfluousBear What gorgeous representatives. <3 I don't know which one I think looks more awesome. Either way, I look forward to seeing what their kids look like and am afraid of what their actual mates in your lore will say about this.
Now that I've made a little more space in my lair, I managed to pick out my two founders! Since I'm in the Nature Flight, mine had to be Fire and Arcane... [center] ~ [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31846176] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/318462/31846176_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]The smoke whispered the name Nadya, a word that tingled his webbed ears like the warmth of an ember. He had never heard that name before, and upon looking it up, he saw it meant "hope." Hope? How strangely suiting. For, when he witnessed the Fae for the first time, he felt a strange thrill in his little chest -- a "hope," he called it, to find a voice by which to say hello.[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31805334] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/318054/31805334_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]It was many years that he hoped for this. Beau -- a little Guardian who had been told by his parents that he was destined to serve the Arcanist -- no longer derived joy from looking towards the stars. His joy came from the little snaps and crackles of the bonfires below, where Nadya would sing with a voice that made most cringe but made Beau melt. Sounding like an angel meant nothing if there was no passion behind it. That is what Nadya had: passion like the hearth of her homeland, hotter than the blood of the earth in the ages before the mammals came. She was active, dynamic, swirling herself through the smoke and making shapes that would float towards the nighttime sky. And who was Beau, but a quiet young dragon who hid in books and watched from afar in the Observatory's tower? Who was Beau to match the radiance of a star on Sornieth when he was as insignificant as a speck of dust in the expanse of space? Perhaps it would be best if he just stayed in his tower for good... That was the plan. He figured if he didn't look at her, it wouldn't hurt as much. This proved futile. Even when she was out of sight, Nadya stayed constant in Beau's mind. Thoughts of her plagued him from the moment he woke to the moment he fell asleep. And Beau wondered how it could be so, how even from such a distance, even without speaking to Nadya once, he could have flown too close to the flame and found himself burned. Until, one day, a note flitted through his window. It was singed on the edges, but Beau would not let himself feel hope anymore. With a lazy paw he picked it up, rubbing his sniffling nose and opening it. [/i]Look outside.[i] He blinked and craned his head towards his window. He had to stand on the tips of his claws to see, but oh, was it worth it. For outside, in the smoke above the bonfire, was Nadya, She was flying fast, faster than he had ever seen her go before, and it took Beau to realize that she was writing with fire on her wings. She wrote the word "hello." Beau unlocked an Arcane secret that night that moment he read her words and saw her glance his way, her orange eyes burning fervently to match the passionate smile on Nadya's face. "Love is truly magical." ~[/center] I don't always like being corny... but when I do, I make it so corny that the kingdom of Mewni becomes jealous. >:3c [s]Seriously why was this so much fun to write.[/s]
Now that I've made a little more space in my lair, I managed to pick out my two founders! Since I'm in the Nature Flight, mine had to be Fire and Arcane...

~

31846176_350.png

The smoke whispered the name Nadya, a word that tingled his webbed ears like the warmth of an ember. He had never heard that name before, and upon looking it up, he saw it meant "hope." Hope? How strangely suiting. For, when he witnessed the Fae for the first time, he felt a strange thrill in his little chest -- a "hope," he called it, to find a voice by which to say hello.

31805334_350.png

It was many years that he hoped for this. Beau -- a little Guardian who had been told by his parents that he was destined to serve the Arcanist -- no longer derived joy from looking towards the stars. His joy came from the little snaps and crackles of the bonfires below, where Nadya would sing with a voice that made most cringe but made Beau melt. Sounding like an angel meant nothing if there was no passion behind it. That is what Nadya had: passion like the hearth of her homeland, hotter than the blood of the earth in the ages before the mammals came. She was active, dynamic, swirling herself through the smoke and making shapes that would float towards the nighttime sky.

And who was Beau, but a quiet young dragon who hid in books and watched from afar in the Observatory's tower? Who was Beau to match the radiance of a star on Sornieth when he was as insignificant as a speck of dust in the expanse of space?

Perhaps it would be best if he just stayed in his tower for good...

That was the plan. He figured if he didn't look at her, it wouldn't hurt as much. This proved futile. Even when she was out of sight, Nadya stayed constant in Beau's mind. Thoughts of her plagued him from the moment he woke to the moment he fell asleep. And Beau wondered how it could be so, how even from such a distance, even without speaking to Nadya once, he could have flown too close to the flame and found himself burned.

Until, one day, a note flitted through his window. It was singed on the edges, but Beau would not let himself feel hope anymore. With a lazy paw he picked it up, rubbing his sniffling nose and opening it.

Look outside.

He blinked and craned his head towards his window. He had to stand on the tips of his claws to see, but oh, was it worth it. For outside, in the smoke above the bonfire, was Nadya, She was flying fast, faster than he had ever seen her go before, and it took Beau to realize that she was writing with fire on her wings.

She wrote the word "hello."

Beau unlocked an Arcane secret that night that moment he read her words and saw her glance his way, her orange eyes burning fervently to match the passionate smile on Nadya's face.

"Love is truly magical."

~

I don't always like being corny... but when I do, I make it so corny that the kingdom of Mewni becomes jealous. >:3c Seriously why was this so much fun to write.
@dreamnorn

!!! ohhhhh I love the lore so much wow. I wish I was actually good at writing so I could finish my med school personal statement already write my dragons some lore. And your founders are gorgeous!
@dreamnorn

!!! ohhhhh I love the lore so much wow. I wish I was actually good at writing so I could finish my med school personal statement already write my dragons some lore. And your founders are gorgeous!
96VrrKe.png8WYeVsy.png
@Hyunae Omg I'm glad you like my lore and my founders so much. :D My evening took a sour turn a little while ago and seeing this just made my day. Thank you!! <3

(Best of luck with your applications! ^^)
@Hyunae Omg I'm glad you like my lore and my founders so much. :D My evening took a sour turn a little while ago and seeing this just made my day. Thank you!! <3

(Best of luck with your applications! ^^)
This is a pretty cool challenge! I'd love to join in the future ? in the meantime I'll be working on getting more space in my lair ;7;
This is a pretty cool challenge! I'd love to join in the future ? in the meantime I'll be working on getting more space in my lair ;7;
TinyCrystal_Wind.png Lime.pngTinyCrystal_Wind.png
Goals:
Free Pixels | Art Shop | Hatchery
@nerenne I'm glad you like the challenge. ^^ Feel free to join anytime you'd like; I'd love to see the beautiful starcrossed Water and Earth dragons you'd pick as your founders. c:

In the meantime, good luck getting lair space!
@nerenne I'm glad you like the challenge. ^^ Feel free to join anytime you'd like; I'd love to see the beautiful starcrossed Water and Earth dragons you'd pick as your founders. c:

In the meantime, good luck getting lair space!
I've returned to FR, cleared my lair and now I have so much space for new challenges ! (see you in other threads too @Dreamnorn , I might have already bookmarked half of them).. I've been planning to get some Flight Representatives in my lair, so this challenge gave me a reason to find Shadow & Water ones, and makes me work towards my own Ice derg (instead of grabbing random from AH). :) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31756352] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/317564/31756352_350.png[/img] [/url] I picked her as the Shadow lady. Because, well, she's purple. And I think her wings are perfect for shadow. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31741359] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/317414/31741359_350.png[/img] [/url] Another Fae. Well, at least there wont be long breeding cycle to start with. :D He really reminds me of those glimmering tropical waters.
I've returned to FR, cleared my lair and now I have so much space for new challenges ! (see you in other threads too @Dreamnorn , I might have already bookmarked half of them)..

I've been planning to get some Flight Representatives in my lair, so this challenge gave me a reason to find Shadow & Water ones, and makes me work towards my own Ice derg (instead of grabbing random from AH). :)

31756352_350.png

I picked her as the Shadow lady. Because, well, she's purple. And I think her wings are perfect for shadow.

31741359_350.png

Another Fae. Well, at least there wont be long breeding cycle to start with. :D He really reminds me of those glimmering tropical waters.
snowclear_zpstpw7rwqt.gif
IXPY.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14