Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ] Mistral Meals: Closed
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33 34
@Eialyne Pinglist please! And I'll be RPing for today later because I'm in class right now ^^'
@Eialyne Pinglist please! And I'll be RPing for today later because I'm in class right now ^^'
eUMhm7B.png
@Eialyne
May I be on the pinglist too?
Tho I don't know how to cook, I definitely love to write about my dragons!
@Eialyne
May I be on the pinglist too?
Tho I don't know how to cook, I definitely love to write about my dragons!
122cdhe.png
@CrazyassBat @Heronwing @Somethinggetrekt

I can't do judging posts at work but I can at least update pinglists!
@CrazyassBat @Heronwing @Somethinggetrekt

I can't do judging posts at work but I can at least update pinglists!
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
@Eialyne Oooh, I want to join! Pinglist, please, and here's Lyrii, trying to create something for today's challenge! ^^ (By the way, so we only ping you for questions, and just simply post our daily RP's without pinging you, right? Just asking. ;3) [center][b]Day 1[/b][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24176845] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/241769/24176845_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Well, ah, I would just like to point out that I'm a blacksmith, and I don't know how to cook... But I tried my best!" She added hastily. She looked over the ingredients and the finished product. "I don't really know much about food or anything, but I tried to make nice rich [u][b]Surf and Turf Gumbo[/b][/u]," she said proudly. In a large black vat, the thick, reddish gumbo was heating nicely over a roaring fire. "I didn't know what to use, so I cooked it using my furnace that I use for melting down ore and metals, but I think it turned out all right...?" she added sheepishly. "To make it, I started by taking the [b]Turkey Dinner[/b] and cutting the turkey into small pieces, and I also cut the [b]Dried Anchovies[/b] into strips and grilled them to a nice brown along with some [b]Jumbo Shrimp[/b] and [b]Wild Onions[/b] for flavor. While they cooked, I then worked on the roux, a very important part in any gumbo! To make the roux, I started by taking dried and ground up [b]Maiden's Blush[/b] (I use it for the slight spiciness from the toxicity; really good to open those sinuses!) and mix it with water; I let it sit and stir it till it's a nice rich brick red-ish brown. Oh, and I also add a bit of [b]Dainty Lilypad[/b] for a more mild flavor; don't want to downplay the amazing spices that got thrown in there! Next, I take out the lilypads and add in the [b]Highland Dryleaf[/b], but because I don't want it to ruin the nice consistent flavor of the roux, I also put in dried [b]Green Algae[/b], a hint of [b]Jasmine[/b], and a lot of ground up [b]Ashfall Prickler[/b] to give the gumbo a nice kick! After everything's been cooking for a while, I combined the roux and the grilled meats together, throwing in some diced [b]Potato Onions[/b] and [b]Mycena Mushroom[/b]. After letting it simmer a while, it's now done!" She beamed with pride at the boiling vat of brownish gumbo. (I really want gumbo now. XD) [center][item=Turkey Dinner][item=Dried Anchovies][item=Jumbo Shrimp][item=Wild Onion][item=Maiden's Blush][item=Dainty Lilypad][item=Highland Dryleaf][item=Green Algae][item=Jasmine][item=Ashfall Prickler][item=Potato Onion][item=Mycena Mushroom][/center]
@Eialyne
Oooh, I want to join! Pinglist, please, and here's Lyrii, trying to create something for today's challenge! ^^ (By the way, so we only ping you for questions, and just simply post our daily RP's without pinging you, right? Just asking. ;3)
Day 1
"Well, ah, I would just like to point out that I'm a blacksmith, and I don't know how to cook... But I tried my best!" She added hastily. She looked over the ingredients and the finished product.

"I don't really know much about food or anything, but I tried to make nice rich Surf and Turf Gumbo," she said proudly. In a large black vat, the thick, reddish gumbo was heating nicely over a roaring fire. "I didn't know what to use, so I cooked it using my furnace that I use for melting down ore and metals, but I think it turned out all right...?" she added sheepishly.

"To make it, I started by taking the Turkey Dinner and cutting the turkey into small pieces, and I also cut the Dried Anchovies into strips and grilled them to a nice brown along with some Jumbo Shrimp and Wild Onions for flavor. While they cooked, I then worked on the roux, a very important part in any gumbo!

To make the roux, I started by taking dried and ground up Maiden's Blush (I use it for the slight spiciness from the toxicity; really good to open those sinuses!) and mix it with water; I let it sit and stir it till it's a nice rich brick red-ish brown. Oh, and I also add a bit of Dainty Lilypad for a more mild flavor; don't want to downplay the amazing spices that got thrown in there!

Next, I take out the lilypads and add in the Highland Dryleaf, but because I don't want it to ruin the nice consistent flavor of the roux, I also put in dried Green Algae, a hint of Jasmine, and a lot of ground up Ashfall Prickler to give the gumbo a nice kick!

After everything's been cooking for a while, I combined the roux and the grilled meats together, throwing in some diced Potato Onions and Mycena Mushroom. After letting it simmer a while, it's now done!"

She beamed with pride at the boiling vat of brownish gumbo.

(I really want gumbo now. XD)
Turkey Dinner Dried Anchovies Jumbo Shrimp Wild Onion Dainty Lilypad Highland Dryleaf Green Algae Jasmine Ashfall Prickler Potato Onion Mycena Mushroom
U4Cs8mx.gif
|| He/She/They | FRT+3 | INFP | Demi x3 | Lore Clan | Eternal Acolight ||
floating_hearts_demiromantic_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz7.giffloating_hearts_demigirl_by_awesomewaffle11-dczoifg.giffloating_hearts_demisexual_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz2.gif
@Eialyne could I be added to the pinglist please? I should get time to write later today :)
@Eialyne could I be added to the pinglist please? I should get time to write later today :)
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19226316] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/192264/19226316_350.png[/img] [/url] Gaspacho was visiting the festival tents with his mate and co-Leader of the Chiroptera Cult, Nightshade, when a delicious scent caught his attention. As a cook, he couldn't ignore the smell and the signs that read "Mistral Meals". He asked Nightshade about permission to participate in the challenge, and after a nod from his quiet Leader, he got to work at the gigantic stone slab where the ingredients were gathered. He winced a bit at seeing the [i][b]Highland Dryleaf[/b][/i]. To say those were not good was an understatement. He decided to use the ingredients for a stew with a lot of spice in order to drown out its taste. Using his thin, razor-sharp claws (that he cleaned beforehand, of course), he slice the [i][b]Dryleaf[/b][/i], some [i]Sweet Potato Vine[/i], [i]Golden Pepper[/i] into little pieces that he put in the huge pot filled with hot water. He added a bit of salf and hot sauce from some [i]Ashfall Pricklers[/i]. He then diced the [i][b]Turkey Dinner[/b][/i] and [i][b]Dried Anchovies[/b][/i], along with some [i]Cottontail Rabbit[/i]. He then mixed the whole thing together for a little while. Satisfied, Gaspacho nodded to himself and settled down to wait for the judges. [/center]

19226316_350.png

Gaspacho was visiting the festival tents with his mate and co-Leader of the Chiroptera Cult, Nightshade, when a delicious scent caught his attention. As a cook, he couldn't ignore the smell and the signs that read "Mistral Meals". He asked Nightshade about permission to participate in the challenge, and after a nod from his quiet Leader, he got to work at the gigantic stone slab where the ingredients were gathered.

He winced a bit at seeing the Highland Dryleaf. To say those were not good was an understatement. He decided to use the ingredients for a stew with a lot of spice in order to drown out its taste. Using his thin, razor-sharp claws (that he cleaned beforehand, of course), he slice the Dryleaf, some Sweet Potato Vine, Golden Pepper into little pieces that he put in the huge pot filled with hot water. He added a bit of salf and hot sauce from some Ashfall Pricklers. He then diced the Turkey Dinner and Dried Anchovies, along with some Cottontail Rabbit. He then mixed the whole thing together for a little while.

Satisfied, Gaspacho nodded to himself and settled down to wait for the judges.

eUMhm7B.png
@Eialyne May I be added to the pinglist? Thank you! I'll be posting my first submission later ;w;
@Eialyne May I be added to the pinglist? Thank you! I'll be posting my first submission later ;w;
120px-Th155Yukari3.png Girls are now preparing,
please wait warmly and have some tea.

ribbons | she/her | fr+0
@Eialyne I'd really love being added to the pinglist, too c:
@Eialyne I'd really love being added to the pinglist, too c:
50316481p.png
FR +9 G1 collector Wishlist AvatarAdoptables
@Saraceaser

Yup! Daily entries do not require a ping
@Saraceaser

Yup! Daily entries do not require a ping
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
These boys don't know the first thing about cooking, but hey, it's the taking part that counts, right? [columns][left][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30895561] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/308956/30895561_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30635768] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/306358/30635768_350.png[/img] [/url][/left] [nextcol][item=highland dryleaf] [item=dried anchovies] [item=turkey dinner] [item=crunchy moth legs] [item=fairy ears] [item=tendrilback caterpillar] [/columns] "Mistral Meals?" Riku should have known that his eager, ever-hungry mate was going to be drawn like a moth to flame to the first jubilee stall with any mention of food in its sign. He's automatically rummaging in his satchel for coins when he hears an announcement from the tired-looking Skydancer at the stall. "It's not a food cart, Van, it's a cooking competion," he sighs, turning away. For some reason he actually expects Vanitas to follow him, but he's soon aware of his mate's absence. "...Don't tell me you're actually going to enter?" The gaudily dressed Mirror is already lining up for a basket of ingredients. With a long-suffering sigh, Riku reserves them a space at the stone counter. "You know, other dragons actually [i]prepared[/i] for this," he says as Van unloads the ingredients onto a pilfered chopping board. "Who cares?" the little Mirror retorts, "We get to take this home for free afterwards." "If it's even edible. Highland dryleaf? Even a Tundra would think twice before eating this." Undeterred, Vanitas empties his own satchel onto the counter, picking through the day's snacks for anything he might use as ingredients. "We should make a soup," he says. "Strip off the turkey and cook down the carcass for the stock, we can fry the anchovies with... these fairy ears and moth legs... and the dryleaf... uh..." Vanitas glances around at the other contestants as if hoping to steal inspiration from them. "The dryleaf can be a garnish." "Did you even check how long we have for this? Or whether we're allowed to enter together?" "Nope. Hey, a tendrilback caterpillar! I forgot I had this. We'll make a [i]spicy[/i] soup!" Vanitas grabs a pot from the communal pile and shoves it into Riku's claws. "Fill that up and get it boiling. I've got a turkey to shred."
These boys don't know the first thing about cooking, but hey, it's the taking part that counts, right?
Highland Dryleaf
Dried Anchovies
Turkey Dinner
Crunchy Moth Legs
Fairy Ears
Tendrilback Caterpillar

"Mistral Meals?" Riku should have known that his eager, ever-hungry mate was going to be drawn like a moth to flame to the first jubilee stall with any mention of food in its sign. He's automatically rummaging in his satchel for coins when he hears an announcement from the tired-looking Skydancer at the stall. "It's not a food cart, Van, it's a cooking competion," he sighs, turning away. For some reason he actually expects Vanitas to follow him, but he's soon aware of his mate's absence. "...Don't tell me you're actually going to enter?"
The gaudily dressed Mirror is already lining up for a basket of ingredients. With a long-suffering sigh, Riku reserves them a space at the stone counter.
"You know, other dragons actually prepared for this," he says as Van unloads the ingredients onto a pilfered chopping board.
"Who cares?" the little Mirror retorts, "We get to take this home for free afterwards."
"If it's even edible. Highland dryleaf? Even a Tundra would think twice before eating this."
Undeterred, Vanitas empties his own satchel onto the counter, picking through the day's snacks for anything he might use as ingredients. "We should make a soup," he says. "Strip off the turkey and cook down the carcass for the stock, we can fry the anchovies with... these fairy ears and moth legs... and the dryleaf... uh..." Vanitas glances around at the other contestants as if hoping to steal inspiration from them. "The dryleaf can be a garnish."
"Did you even check how long we have for this? Or whether we're allowed to enter together?"
"Nope. Hey, a tendrilback caterpillar! I forgot I had this. We'll make a spicy soup!" Vanitas grabs a pot from the communal pile and shoves it into Riku's claws. "Fill that up and get it boiling. I've got a turkey to shred."
Na5WGHa.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33 34