Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ] Mistral Meals: Closed
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 33 34
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23111612] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/231117/23111612_350.png[/img] [/url] Snickerdoodle felt bad for the poor Imperial. Hopefully Snickerdoodle's dish would be good enough to cheer her up! [item=miniature potash peach][item=honeycomb fragment][item=paradise seeds][item=sugary prickleaf] Snickerdoodle began by cutting the [b]Miniature Potash Peaches[/b] into thick horizontal slices. She brushed both sides with a glaze made from honey, ground [b]Paradise Seeds[/b], and minced sugary prickleaf, and then placed the potash peach slices onto a hot grill. The heat would caramelize the honey and natural fruit juices, hopefully bringing out a warm, sweet flavor while toning down the tartness. [item=Cattail] While the peaches were cooking, Snickerdoodle took a bunch of [b]Cattails[/b] and pulled off the heads, careful to keep them intact. She lightly toasted them, so that they were crunchy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. Snickerdoodle turned away from the cattails for a moment so she could flip the peach slices over, and then arranged the toasted cattails so that they covered a large serving plate entirely. Once the miniature potash peach slices were grilled to a honey-brown color, Snickerdoodle removed them from the grill and placed them on top of the cattails. "Grilled peach slices on a cattail bed! Hopefully the judge will like this," Snickerdoodle said to herself.

23111612_350.png

Snickerdoodle felt bad for the poor Imperial. Hopefully Snickerdoodle's dish would be good enough to cheer her up!
Miniature Potash Peach Honeycomb Fragment Paradise Seeds Sugary Prickleaf
Snickerdoodle began by cutting the Miniature Potash Peaches into thick horizontal slices. She brushed both sides with a glaze made from honey, ground Paradise Seeds, and minced sugary prickleaf, and then placed the potash peach slices onto a hot grill. The heat would caramelize the honey and natural fruit juices, hopefully bringing out a warm, sweet flavor while toning down the tartness.
Cattail
While the peaches were cooking, Snickerdoodle took a bunch of Cattails and pulled off the heads, careful to keep them intact. She lightly toasted them, so that they were crunchy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. Snickerdoodle turned away from the cattails for a moment so she could flip the peach slices over, and then arranged the toasted cattails so that they covered a large serving plate entirely.

Once the miniature potash peach slices were grilled to a honey-brown color, Snickerdoodle removed them from the grill and placed them on top of the cattails. "Grilled peach slices on a cattail bed! Hopefully the judge will like this," Snickerdoodle said to herself.
Na5WGHa.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=72316] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/724/72316_350.png[/img] [/url] Hikaze stretched, ready to start. She had a meal in mind already. She started right away by taking the skin off of the potash peach, and dicing it quickly. She set them aside in a small bowl, and took all the pollen out of all of the cattails, adding some flour, butter, sugar and eggs to the mixture to make a cattail pollen batter. She dumped the peach pieces into the cattail batter and mixed it all together. She then poured the batter into a bread tin, and started to heat the oven. While that was heating, she took the paradise seeds and roasted them a little bit, then sprinkled them on top of the bread tin, adding some texture and flavor. She put it into the oven, and waited. A while later, she took it out and made sure it was cooked all the way through before slicing it and garnish with some grilled potash peach slices and some more paradise seeds.

72316_350.png

Hikaze stretched, ready to start. She had a meal in mind already.

She started right away by taking the skin off of the potash peach, and dicing it quickly. She set them aside in a small bowl, and took all the pollen out of all of the cattails, adding some flour, butter, sugar and eggs to the mixture to make a cattail pollen batter. She dumped the peach pieces into the cattail batter and mixed it all together.

She then poured the batter into a bread tin, and started to heat the oven. While that was heating, she took the paradise seeds and roasted them a little bit, then sprinkled them on top of the bread tin, adding some texture and flavor.

She put it into the oven, and waited. A while later, she took it out and made sure it was cooked all the way through before slicing it and garnish with some grilled potash peach slices and some more paradise seeds.
120px-Th155Yukari3.png Girls are now preparing,
please wait warmly and have some tea.

ribbons | she/her | fr+0
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21535395] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/215354/21535395_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] @LexiLopezi "Hmm..I've never been too fond of seafood in egg dishes," Verismo said as he sampled Stormcloud's dish. "Well...lobster, and by extension craylets, are alright. And shrimp. And fish isn't too bad in quiches..." He trailed off, realizing his initial statement wans't quite as accurate as he thought. "Well, they're not so good in this example here. Maybe if you balanced out the seafood with some more vegetables besides the sea grass?" ((I had to google oyster omelette after you said it was a real thing and omg I'm drooling a bit...it looks delicious!)) @AthenaCorvus Verismo inhaled deeply when Aguisa presented her dish. "Smoked fish, eh? Delicious! In my opinion it's the absolute best way to eat seafood after grilling. And the fact that you grilled as well?" he continued, slurping down a craylet claw from it's shell, "Well it's the best of both worlds, now isn't it? And you [i]nailed[/i] cooking the craylets. Best part of your dish." @XrayAngel Kaiju apparentaly nailed the craylets as well as Verismo ate the entire serving of hosomaki, though he did of course sample the other two options as well. "Very nicely done, sir," he praised, "I run into so many dragons who think sushi is a very straightforward and easy dish to make. But it does work and you seem to have a knack for it." @Saraceaser "Hmm...too bad she left without taking any with her, these are white good," Verismo mused out loud as he watched Bellona storm off. "If I had any complaint about them it would be that crab shells would probably be easier to eat out of since they're less narrow." @Celesol "Delicious," the Imperial said, licking his chops after eating about half of the bowl that was presented to him, "Though what kind of gumbo is it without any heat? That needs to be ramped up!"

@LexiLopezi

"Hmm..I've never been too fond of seafood in egg dishes," Verismo said as he sampled Stormcloud's dish. "Well...lobster, and by extension craylets, are alright. And shrimp. And fish isn't too bad in quiches..." He trailed off, realizing his initial statement wans't quite as accurate as he thought.

"Well, they're not so good in this example here. Maybe if you balanced out the seafood with some more vegetables besides the sea grass?"

((I had to google oyster omelette after you said it was a real thing and omg I'm drooling a bit...it looks delicious!))

@AthenaCorvus

Verismo inhaled deeply when Aguisa presented her dish. "Smoked fish, eh? Delicious! In my opinion it's the absolute best way to eat seafood after grilling. And the fact that you grilled as well?" he continued, slurping down a craylet claw from it's shell, "Well it's the best of both worlds, now isn't it? And you nailed cooking the craylets. Best part of your dish."

@XrayAngel

Kaiju apparentaly nailed the craylets as well as Verismo ate the entire serving of hosomaki, though he did of course sample the other two options as well. "Very nicely done, sir," he praised, "I run into so many dragons who think sushi is a very straightforward and easy dish to make. But it does work and you seem to have a knack for it."

@Saraceaser

"Hmm...too bad she left without taking any with her, these are white good," Verismo mused out loud as he watched Bellona storm off. "If I had any complaint about them it would be that crab shells would probably be easier to eat out of since they're less narrow."

@Celesol

"Delicious," the Imperial said, licking his chops after eating about half of the bowl that was presented to him, "Though what kind of gumbo is it without any heat? That needs to be ramped up!"
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
[center][b]Day 10: Entry- Sweet and Sour...Cookies?!?![/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30300536] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/303006/30300536_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Sagebrush had left the Garden for a day to enjoy the Jamboree. He spotted a cluster of tents and cooking benches. Intrigued, he drew closer and chatted to some of the dragons nearby. "So it's a cooking challenge?" he asked a passing stranger. "Yep", she replied, "If you'd like to try it for yourself, the ingredients are over there!" She bustled onwards, but he walked towards the ingredients pile with interest. [item=Miniature Potash Peach][item=Paradise Seeds][item=Cattail] He might as well try, right? [item=Ripe Yellow Banana][item=Potash Peach][item=Honeycomb Fragments] Taking a pile of ingredients, he also grabbed some [i]Sugar[/i], [i]Flour[/i], [b]Ripe Yellow Banana[/b]s, [b]Potash Peache[/b]s, and [b]Honeycomb Fragment[/b]s. Whisking together the [b]Flour[/b], [b]Sugar[/b], and mashed [b]Ripe Yellow Bananas[/b], he made a base for a healthy(ish) cookie dough. Dicing the Paradise Seeds and some [b]Honeycomb Fragments[/b], he mixed that into the cookie dough. Next, he juiced a few [b]Miniature Potash Peaches[/b], getting a small dish of thick, sour liquid. He mixed this with sliced [b]Cattail[/b], sprinkling in a bit of mildly sweet [i]Cattail Pollen[/i], too. When the paste was done, he took fully matured [b]Potash Peach[/b]es and mashed them into the mix. He combined everything, rolled them into small balls, and placed them onto a tray in the oven. They cooked and flattened into disc-like cookies. A bit flatter and crunchier than usual, he noted, and tasting one, approved to the sweet and sour flavour. Placing the cookies onto a platter he waited for the judging to commence. [s](edit- coding, why?)[/s]
Day 10:
Entry- Sweet and Sour...Cookies?!?!

30300536_350.png

Sagebrush had left the Garden for a day to enjoy the Jamboree. He spotted a cluster of tents and cooking benches. Intrigued, he drew closer and chatted to some of the dragons nearby. "So it's a cooking challenge?" he asked a passing stranger. "Yep", she replied, "If you'd like to try it for yourself, the ingredients are over there!" She bustled onwards, but he walked towards the ingredients pile with interest.

Miniature Potash Peach Paradise Seeds Cattail

He might as well try, right?

Ripe Yellow Banana Potash Peach

Taking a pile of ingredients, he also grabbed some Sugar, Flour, Ripe Yellow Bananas, Potash Peaches, and Honeycomb Fragments.

Whisking together the Flour, Sugar, and mashed Ripe Yellow Bananas, he made a base for a healthy(ish) cookie dough. Dicing the Paradise Seeds and some Honeycomb Fragments, he mixed that into the cookie dough.

Next, he juiced a few Miniature Potash Peaches, getting a small dish of thick, sour liquid. He mixed this with sliced Cattail, sprinkling in a bit of mildly sweet Cattail Pollen, too. When the paste was done, he took fully matured Potash Peaches and mashed them into the mix.

He combined everything, rolled them into small balls, and placed them onto a tray in the oven. They cooked and flattened into disc-like cookies. A bit flatter and crunchier than usual, he noted, and tasting one, approved to the sweet and sour flavour.

Placing the cookies onto a platter he waited for the judging to commence.

(edit- coding, why?)
JBEajtP.gif
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21535395] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/215354/21535395_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] @Deladria "Where a lot of the other contestants shined with the craylets, I think you managed to get the most flavor out of the clownfish!" Verismo grinned, "Wich is extra surprising considering how much other seafood you have in your soup. Actualy, you have so much seafood it's almost like swimming in the ocean with my mouth open. Just tastes loads better than plain saltwater!" ((You might be onto something with Mirror prodigies with your clan o.o )) @Quinineer While a fair number of the other judges might not be keen on having the same thing twice in a row, Verismo didn't seem to mind at all. It helped immensely that they were very different flavors (beyond the basics of "fishy"). "Mushrooms were a good call, though I'm not sure about the taste the Fairy Ears gives the broth," he told Sosthenes, "Maybe swap those out for some different ones if you make it again? Plenty of options to choose form after all." ((*raises eyebrow at a particular comment and your reference to foreshadowing* Hmmm~)) @tigressRising Snickerdoodle seemed to have caught a break with this round as the judge helped himself to a fair number of the crayfish cakes (or craycakes as he started referring to them in his head). "If you could just pair this up with a light salad...maybe with a citrus vinagerette...oh yes, that would make the meal [i]perfect[/i]," he told the Tundra enthusiasticaly, closing his eyes as he imagined the flavors he had in mind. ((I love your stand in for mayonnaise there XD My roommate would agree wholeheartedly with the comparison)) @JinxMoonstone Verismo was starting to think he was having the best luck with his round compared to the other judges so far. Nothing had exploded or colapsed. He hadn't been poisoned. Very very few of the dishes he'd sampled had been average or worse...and as a result he was in a very good mood by the time he got up to Chess's station. "Having fun are you?" He asked, not recognizing him as one of the regulars from past seasons. "Perfect weather for eating all this delicious nosh, not to mention perfect weather to enjoy the Jamboree in general." After sampling the dish, he tapped his spoon against the bowl thoughtfully, "Loach is an interesting choice to use, and while it's cooked nicely it's not really going well with the flavors of your other ingredients. Swapping it out with a lighter tasting fish would counter that."

@Deladria

"Where a lot of the other contestants shined with the craylets, I think you managed to get the most flavor out of the clownfish!" Verismo grinned, "Wich is extra surprising considering how much other seafood you have in your soup. Actualy, you have so much seafood it's almost like swimming in the ocean with my mouth open. Just tastes loads better than plain saltwater!"

((You might be onto something with Mirror prodigies with your clan o.o ))

@Quinineer

While a fair number of the other judges might not be keen on having the same thing twice in a row, Verismo didn't seem to mind at all. It helped immensely that they were very different flavors (beyond the basics of "fishy").

"Mushrooms were a good call, though I'm not sure about the taste the Fairy Ears gives the broth," he told Sosthenes, "Maybe swap those out for some different ones if you make it again? Plenty of options to choose form after all."

((*raises eyebrow at a particular comment and your reference to foreshadowing* Hmmm~))

@tigressRising

Snickerdoodle seemed to have caught a break with this round as the judge helped himself to a fair number of the crayfish cakes (or craycakes as he started referring to them in his head). "If you could just pair this up with a light salad...maybe with a citrus vinagerette...oh yes, that would make the meal perfect," he told the Tundra enthusiasticaly, closing his eyes as he imagined the flavors he had in mind.

((I love your stand in for mayonnaise there XD My roommate would agree wholeheartedly with the comparison))

@JinxMoonstone

Verismo was starting to think he was having the best luck with his round compared to the other judges so far. Nothing had exploded or colapsed. He hadn't been poisoned. Very very few of the dishes he'd sampled had been average or worse...and as a result he was in a very good mood by the time he got up to Chess's station.

"Having fun are you?" He asked, not recognizing him as one of the regulars from past seasons. "Perfect weather for eating all this delicious nosh, not to mention perfect weather to enjoy the Jamboree in general."

After sampling the dish, he tapped his spoon against the bowl thoughtfully, "Loach is an interesting choice to use, and while it's cooked nicely it's not really going well with the flavors of your other ingredients. Swapping it out with a lighter tasting fish would counter that."
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6458486] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/64585/6458486_350.png[/img] [/url] "Yara," called Chess. "Nature today - all plants. You're up with your vegetarian cuisine!" [b]Entry: Panini with Tater Tots[/b] Required Ingredients: [item=Miniature Potash Peach][item=Paradise Seeds][item=Cattail] Additional Ingredients: [item=Fig][item=Cindermint][item=Honeycomb Fragment][item=Potato Onion] Yara looked over the required ingredients - they would make a very nice salad. But, that's what everyone always expected from vegetarian cuisine: salads. Instead, she'd make a hearty sandwich with a side. She grabbed a baguette, sliced it, and hollowed out the middle to create the proper bread to filling ratio. For the filling, she used sliced Miniature Potash Peach, shelled and toasted Paradise Seeds, minced Cattail leaves, sliced Fig, crushed dried Cindermint, and a tiny bit of Honeycomb Fragment to counteract the sourness of the potash peach. Yara used one of the panini presses from the pantry to press and grill the sandwich, to get it nice and hot. For a side, she grated Potato Onion and Cattail, seasoned the mixture, then created little balls, which she fried to a crispy golden brown. Plating the sandwich and tater tots, Yara added a spring of Cindermint for garnish.

6458486_350.png

"Yara," called Chess. "Nature today - all plants. You're up with your vegetarian cuisine!"

Entry: Panini with Tater Tots

Required Ingredients:

Additional Ingredients:
Fig Cindermint Honeycomb Fragment Potato Onion

Yara looked over the required ingredients - they would make a very nice salad. But, that's what everyone always expected from vegetarian cuisine: salads. Instead, she'd make a hearty sandwich with a side.

She grabbed a baguette, sliced it, and hollowed out the middle to create the proper bread to filling ratio. For the filling, she used sliced Miniature Potash Peach, shelled and toasted Paradise Seeds, minced Cattail leaves, sliced Fig, crushed dried Cindermint, and a tiny bit of Honeycomb Fragment to counteract the sourness of the potash peach. Yara used one of the panini presses from the pantry to press and grill the sandwich, to get it nice and hot.

For a side, she grated Potato Onion and Cattail, seasoned the mixture, then created little balls, which she fried to a crispy golden brown.

Plating the sandwich and tater tots, Yara added a spring of Cindermint for garnish.
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13785315] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/137854/13785315_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Zana flittered through the crowds, looking for a particular booth. They had heard one of the Tundras in the Clan - Amiens, that new baker - mention in passing... a cooking booth? Zana had been intrigued, but never thought that they would actually have a chance to check it out. But here they were, in the thick of the Mistral Jamboree - surrounded by so many dragons, it was almost enough to give them anxiety - but there was the booth! The sign outside the booth declared today's challenge to be a Nature one. Zana quivered with excitement. They had chosen a good day to do this! And today's judge had mentioned something about drinks? Zana knew that they [i]needed [/i]to include one of their famous teas! As Zana studied the list of required ingredients, a few ideas formed in their mind - oh, and peaches! Perfect for tea. The tiny Nocturne-like creature flew off to the kitchen space provided, ready to begin. After a few experiments at the counter, Zana had a recipe card ready to submit, alongside the dish in a large coconut shell, a small bun on the side, and a goblet of chilled tea. [quote] [center][center][font=garamond][i][size=6]Behemoth Bowl[/i][/size][/font] [font=garamond][size=5]With White Peach Tea[/font][/size] [left][size=3]If no coconut shells can be found, one can substitute clean seashells, a large sweet bell pepper cut in half, or make a larger bread-bowl instead of a small bun. If you're truly dull, use a plain bowl. [/left] [size=2] [b]Competition Requirements:[/b][/center] [left][item=Miniature Potash Peach] Thin, juicy slices of potash peach are lined along the inside of the bowl of your choice. The size of your bowl will determine how many peaches you'll need. Put aside two thin slices to mash up later, keeping all the juices to mix for the tea. [item=Paradise Seeds] These seeds are sprinkled over the bowl as the penultimate ingredient. [item=Cattail] The young flowers are grilled and lined on one half of the bowl, on top of the peaches. Take the stalks of the cattails and chop them up in fine rings (like you would chop chives); these are an added crunch over top of the whole bowl as the third-final ingredient. Save the pollen and roots to make some flour for the bun on the side! [/left] [center] [size=2] [b]Additional Ingredients:[/b][/size][/center] [left] [item=Honeycrisp Apple] Slices of apple are the second layer atop the peachs in the bowl, on the half across from the cattails. The sweet taste of the apple plays delightfully with the sour of the peach and the savoury of the cattails. Finely-shredded apples are also mixed into the tea. [item=Blackberry] Crushed blackberries are mixed with the apples and peaches to create the loose-leaf tea. [item=Stellaria Media] Separate and then shred the flowers and leaves of the plant - the flowers should top the apples, and the leaves top the grilled cattails. [item=Sunbeam Fig] Squeeze the juices from a whole fig over the bowl as a garnish, making sure to coat the Paradise Seeds completely! Yum.

Zana flittered through the crowds, looking for a particular booth. They had heard one of the Tundras in the Clan - Amiens, that new baker - mention in passing... a cooking booth? Zana had been intrigued, but never thought that they would actually have a chance to check it out.

But here they were, in the thick of the Mistral Jamboree - surrounded by so many dragons, it was almost enough to give them anxiety - but there was the booth! The sign outside the booth declared today's challenge to be a Nature one. Zana quivered with excitement. They had chosen a good day to do this! And today's judge had mentioned something about drinks? Zana knew that they needed to include one of their famous teas!

As Zana studied the list of required ingredients, a few ideas formed in their mind - oh, and peaches! Perfect for tea. The tiny Nocturne-like creature flew off to the kitchen space provided, ready to begin. After a few experiments at the counter, Zana had a recipe card ready to submit, alongside the dish in a large coconut shell, a small bun on the side, and a goblet of chilled tea.
Quote:
Behemoth Bowl
With White Peach Tea
If no coconut shells can be found, one can substitute clean seashells, a large sweet bell pepper cut in half, or make a larger bread-bowl instead of a small bun. If you're truly dull, use a plain bowl.

Competition Requirements:
Miniature Potash Peach Thin, juicy slices of potash peach are lined along the inside of the bowl of your choice. The size of your bowl will determine how many peaches you'll need. Put aside two thin slices to mash up later, keeping all the juices to mix for the tea.
Paradise Seeds These seeds are sprinkled over the bowl as the penultimate ingredient.
Cattail The young flowers are grilled and lined on one half of the bowl, on top of the peaches. Take the stalks of the cattails and chop them up in fine rings (like you would chop chives); these are an added crunch over top of the whole bowl as the third-final ingredient. Save the pollen and roots to make some flour for the bun on the side!

Additional Ingredients:
Honeycrisp Apple Slices of apple are the second layer atop the peachs in the bowl, on the half across from the cattails. The sweet taste of the apple plays delightfully with the sour of the peach and the savoury of the cattails. Finely-shredded apples are also mixed into the tea.
Blackberry Crushed blackberries are mixed with the apples and peaches to create the loose-leaf tea.
Stellaria Media Separate and then shred the flowers and leaves of the plant - the flowers should top the apples, and the leaves top the grilled cattails.
Sunbeam Fig Squeeze the juices from a whole fig over the bowl as a garnish, making sure to coat the Paradise Seeds completely! Yum.
1u3H6jas.png
[center]Day 10[/center] [center][item=Miniature Potash Peach][item=Paradise Seeds][item=Cattail][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30708022] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/307081/30708022_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Meathe was pleased to hear that today's judge was a vintner and seemed to be interested in drinks. He'd run into another old friend yesterday after the competition and had stayed up into the wee hours chatting and playing dice. He was paying the price today, nursing a bit of a headache and feeling entirely exhausted. So an excuse to avoid serious cooking was welcome. Time for some cocktails! First he shelled the Paradise seeds and put them on a sheet pan in a slow oven to toast. Then he pitted the Potash Peaches, chopped their fleshed and put them in a pot over low heat with some sugar and just enough water to cover them. He checked the seeds, they were done, it didn't take long to toast them, as they were naturally oily. He spread the seeds on some parchment paper and sprinkled them with sea salt and cracked pepper and left them to cool. Next Meathe addressed the Cattails. He was pleased to see that they had been provided whole, pulled roots and all from the swamp. He rinsed, peeled and chopped the roots and put them in a pan of water to boil. Then he tested the seed heads, unfortunately they were quite mature. if broken the seed fluff blew about. Pretty, but not very good for eating. After a bit of consideration he came up with an idea. He boiled up a simple syrup until it was the thick, then carefully drizzled it over the bottom of an overturned bowl. Before the sugar cage could harden he broke apart a cattail head and sprinkled the seeds over it. Then he drizzled more sugar threads. He ended up with a fluffy golden nest of spun sugar and cattail seeds. The peaches were mashed and strained. The resulting juice was set to cool. The cattail roots were treated the same. Once cooled the peach juice was mixed with Meathe's finest Sack Mead, the high sugar content should pair nicely with the sourness of peaches, which despite the sugar he'd simmered them in, had still made him pucker when he'd sampled them. He served the [b]Potash Peach Sack[/b] in a champagne flute. The Cattail roots had an earthy nutty flavor that he thought would be complimented by his Acerglyn, a mead made from maple syrup instead of honey. This he served in a highball glass over an Eternal Ice Cube and capped the glass with the spun sugar and fluff nest, this he dubbed a [b]Cattail Cooler[/b]. Between the two beverages he set a small dish of the [b]Paradise Snack Seeds[/b]. Not the most clever name, but he was tired. He hoped the judge would reach him soon, he needed to go back to camp and get some rest.
Day 10

Meathe was pleased to hear that today's judge was a vintner and seemed to be interested in drinks. He'd run into another old friend yesterday after the competition and had stayed up into the wee hours chatting and playing dice. He was paying the price today, nursing a bit of a headache and feeling entirely exhausted. So an excuse to avoid serious cooking was welcome. Time for some cocktails!

First he shelled the Paradise seeds and put them on a sheet pan in a slow oven to toast. Then he pitted the Potash Peaches, chopped their fleshed and put them in a pot over low heat with some sugar and just enough water to cover them. He checked the seeds, they were done, it didn't take long to toast them, as they were naturally oily. He spread the seeds on some parchment paper and sprinkled them with sea salt and cracked pepper and left them to cool.

Next Meathe addressed the Cattails. He was pleased to see that they had been provided whole, pulled roots and all from the swamp. He rinsed, peeled and chopped the roots and put them in a pan of water to boil. Then he tested the seed heads, unfortunately they were quite mature. if broken the seed fluff blew about. Pretty, but not very good for eating. After a bit of consideration he came up with an idea.

He boiled up a simple syrup until it was the thick, then carefully drizzled it over the bottom of an overturned bowl. Before the sugar cage could harden he broke apart a cattail head and sprinkled the seeds over it. Then he drizzled more sugar threads. He ended up with a fluffy golden nest of spun sugar and cattail seeds.

The peaches were mashed and strained. The resulting juice was set to cool. The cattail roots were treated the same.

Once cooled the peach juice was mixed with Meathe's finest Sack Mead, the high sugar content should pair nicely with the sourness of peaches, which despite the sugar he'd simmered them in, had still made him pucker when he'd sampled them. He served the Potash Peach Sack in a champagne flute.

The Cattail roots had an earthy nutty flavor that he thought would be complimented by his Acerglyn, a mead made from maple syrup instead of honey. This he served in a highball glass over an Eternal Ice Cube and capped the glass with the spun sugar and fluff nest, this he dubbed a Cattail Cooler.

Between the two beverages he set a small dish of the Paradise Snack Seeds. Not the most clever name, but he was tired. He hoped the judge would reach him soon, he needed to go back to camp and get some rest.
0mgcUEp.jpg
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21535395] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/215354/21535395_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] @BettaFishy Verismo stared down at the tiny little Imperial. Normaly he didn't have a problem not thinking of smaller dragons as his equals, but there was something about her that was making it really difficult to put his opinions into words. She was just so...tiny and adorable and he didn't want to hurt her feelings. Nevermind the fact that she had been coming to the contest nearly every day if not every single day and was no doubt used to constructive critiscisim by now. "It....needs some work," he said stiffly. "The pasta is undercooked for starters." Almost like chewing on twigs. @L1BR4 "Well...er...I'm not quite sure what to make of this," Verismo said as he surveyed Poplar's workspace, trying to figure what on earth the spiral had done to make such a mess of shells scattered pretty much everywhere. [i]Take a hammer to them maybe? No...that doesn't explain the gears laying about too unless he was spashing a clock while he was at it.[/i] Though that only explained a small part of the mess. The Imperial still wasn't quite sure how Poplar had managed to get a rather tasty result if he'd been struggling as much as his workstation seemed to suggest. @Valligator Meathe had the unfortunate circumstances of working next to Poplar's station, and sadly hadn't noticed that a good number of oyster and craylet shells had found their way into his dish when they got thrown all over. If he'd been entirely sober he might have noticed the issue but for now they escaped his notice. Verismo coughed these up after nearly breaking his teeth on them as he tried the craylet cakes (craycakes again! He'd really have to try and make that name a thing). "Ergh...lets try and find you something that tastes better. Syrah could probably whip you up a hangover cure should you need one," he added as he looked at the familiar not 100% there expression on the other Imperial's face. @deadpan "I might get as round as a mammertee if most of these entries end up being so good," the judge told Retherin, wiping his mouth after gobbling up the seafood salad. "Very nicely done." @ThisOneIsBlue "Both a gumbo and a jambalaya in one day? I'm being spoiled," Verismo grinned at Breccia. Unfortunately his hopes were set a bit too high as this latest entry didn't hold up to the same level the other dish had been on. "I think you took it off the stove much too soon," he said, setting the bowl down after only a couple of bites. "It's not ice cold, but it's just barely warm which isn't much better."

@BettaFishy

Verismo stared down at the tiny little Imperial. Normaly he didn't have a problem not thinking of smaller dragons as his equals, but there was something about her that was making it really difficult to put his opinions into words. She was just so...tiny and adorable and he didn't want to hurt her feelings. Nevermind the fact that she had been coming to the contest nearly every day if not every single day and was no doubt used to constructive critiscisim by now.

"It....needs some work," he said stiffly. "The pasta is undercooked for starters." Almost like chewing on twigs.

@L1BR4

"Well...er...I'm not quite sure what to make of this," Verismo said as he surveyed Poplar's workspace, trying to figure what on earth the spiral had done to make such a mess of shells scattered pretty much everywhere. Take a hammer to them maybe? No...that doesn't explain the gears laying about too unless he was spashing a clock while he was at it.

Though that only explained a small part of the mess. The Imperial still wasn't quite sure how Poplar had managed to get a rather tasty result if he'd been struggling as much as his workstation seemed to suggest.

@Valligator

Meathe had the unfortunate circumstances of working next to Poplar's station, and sadly hadn't noticed that a good number of oyster and craylet shells had found their way into his dish when they got thrown all over. If he'd been entirely sober he might have noticed the issue but for now they escaped his notice.

Verismo coughed these up after nearly breaking his teeth on them as he tried the craylet cakes (craycakes again! He'd really have to try and make that name a thing). "Ergh...lets try and find you something that tastes better. Syrah could probably whip you up a hangover cure should you need one," he added as he looked at the familiar not 100% there expression on the other Imperial's face.

@deadpan

"I might get as round as a mammertee if most of these entries end up being so good," the judge told Retherin, wiping his mouth after gobbling up the seafood salad. "Very nicely done."

@ThisOneIsBlue

"Both a gumbo and a jambalaya in one day? I'm being spoiled," Verismo grinned at Breccia. Unfortunately his hopes were set a bit too high as this latest entry didn't hold up to the same level the other dish had been on.

"I think you took it off the stove much too soon," he said, setting the bowl down after only a couple of bites. "It's not ice cold, but it's just barely warm which isn't much better."
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2974604] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/29747/2974604_350.png[/img] [/url] "FINALLY!" I cry enthusiastically, "I'M NOT SICK ANYMORE!" After being sick the past few days, I haven't been able to participate in Mistral Meals. This morning I woke up refreshed and not sick at all! What a miracle, Mistral Jamboree ends tomorrow after all. It's been a long week of fun for the clan and finally can I really enjoy myself with this cooking competition. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2974605] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/29747/2974605_350.png[/img][/url] "I know you're feeling better," Poplar tells me, "but it would make me feel a bit more at ease if you took Breeze with you. I don't think they're going to let me back after what happened when I tried my hand..." "Poplar, I'm sure they won't hold any grudges against you," I assure him, "but if you're uncomfortable with going, I'll definitely take Breeze with me." I bend down to let Breeze climb on (she can fly perfectly fine, but it's become a bit of tradition for me to carry her) and then we take off, making headway straight for Mistral Meals. Upon arriving, I encounter the very grumpy imperial judge. Seeing how unhappy she is, I avoid doing anything to upset her anymore. I grabbed my ingredients, curtsied to show my respect then left to find a workspace with Breeze. "Alright then Breeze," I tell my little Wind Sprite, "what are we creating today?" She twirls around and shrugs. "Nothing at all?" I ask. Getting no response, I come to the conclusion that it's all up to me then. "Alright. So... didn't Syrah mention something about drinks?" Breeze nods. "We'll do that then." I pick up the [b]Miniature Potash Peach[/b]. "Give me a hand here?" Breeze flies up and closes her eyes in concentration and in a few seconds, a wind kicks up out of thin air and mashes up the peaches to a smoothie consistency. I grab some bananas and strawberries and throw it into the winds. I grab a tall glass and hold it under the mixture being supported by the winds. Breeze opens her eyes and the mixture falls into the glass (there was a little that splashed out but I think it was a pretty good transfer). I then proceeded to crack open some [b]Paradise Seeds[/b] and sprinkled those on top along with some sprinkles and yogurt. I stuck the [b]Cattails[/b] in the glass on the side. "Breeze, considering how upset our judge is today, why don't you enchant it with a little bit of Wind Flight spirit?" She nods and floats up. She casts a spell then brings it over to the judge.

2974604_350.png

"FINALLY!" I cry enthusiastically, "I'M NOT SICK ANYMORE!"
After being sick the past few days, I haven't been able to participate in Mistral Meals. This morning I woke up refreshed and not sick at all! What a miracle, Mistral Jamboree ends tomorrow after all. It's been a long week of fun for the clan and finally can I really enjoy myself with this cooking competition.

2974605_350.png

"I know you're feeling better," Poplar tells me, "but it would make me feel a bit more at ease if you took Breeze with you. I don't think they're going to let me back after what happened when I tried my hand..."
"Poplar, I'm sure they won't hold any grudges against you," I assure him, "but if you're uncomfortable with going, I'll definitely take Breeze with me."
I bend down to let Breeze climb on (she can fly perfectly fine, but it's become a bit of tradition for me to carry her) and then we take off, making headway straight for Mistral Meals.

Upon arriving, I encounter the very grumpy imperial judge. Seeing how unhappy she is, I avoid doing anything to upset her anymore. I grabbed my ingredients, curtsied to show my respect then left to find a workspace with Breeze.
"Alright then Breeze," I tell my little Wind Sprite, "what are we creating today?"
She twirls around and shrugs.
"Nothing at all?" I ask. Getting no response, I come to the conclusion that it's all up to me then. "Alright. So... didn't Syrah mention something about drinks?" Breeze nods. "We'll do that then."
I pick up the Miniature Potash Peach.
"Give me a hand here?"
Breeze flies up and closes her eyes in concentration and in a few seconds, a wind kicks up out of thin air and mashes up the peaches to a smoothie consistency. I grab some bananas and strawberries and throw it into the winds. I grab a tall glass and hold it under the mixture being supported by the winds. Breeze opens her eyes and the mixture falls into the glass (there was a little that splashed out but I think it was a pretty good transfer). I then proceeded to crack open some Paradise Seeds and sprinkled those on top along with some sprinkles and yogurt. I stuck the Cattails in the glass on the side.
"Breeze, considering how upset our judge is today, why don't you enchant it with a little bit of Wind Flight spirit?" She nods and floats up. She casts a spell then brings it over to the judge.
KBQZyFR.pngiCquEWh.pngDKhOfI1.png
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 33 34