Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ17] Story Contest (Finished)
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
@RaikuKawisa Pinglist please! Hopefully will be able to get enough time together to submit a couple of entries :)
@RaikuKawisa Pinglist please! Hopefully will be able to get enough time together to submit a couple of entries :)
@DividedAnimus I cannot accept your submission until you provide a public link that can be viewed.
@DividedAnimus I cannot accept your submission until you provide a public link that can be viewed.
forum_readjust_by_arykhdragon777-db9mzp6.pngforum_2_by_starrytak-db9ld8u.pngforum_3_by_starrytak-db9ld8t.pngforum_4_by_starrytak-db9ld8r.pngforum5readjust_by_arykhdragon777-db9mzpa.png
@RaikuKawisa oh ok. How do I do that? I don't really use google docs.
@RaikuKawisa oh ok. How do I do that? I don't really use google docs.
xeDKNxe.pngeNitZGp.gif
@dividedAnimus
It's quite simple. ;3

On the google docs, go up to the right hand corner where it says 'Share' and click it.

When the white box pops up, in the bottom right hand corner there should be in grey wording the word 'Advanced' and click on it.

Now, the white box should be bigger and in the middle your name should be listed underneath the word 'Private'. To the right on the 'Private' row, there should be the word 'Change...', and click on it.

Now, you can either make it so that anyone with the link you share with can access the google docs, or anyone on the web can simply look up your google doc and access it, it's up to you how you do it, but choose one of the options.

(I go with 'Anyone with Link' and unless I'm sharing with project partners, then I just leave it as 'Can View' which is what you need to leave it as right now, but just know you can change that whenever to allow others to edit your Google Docs/Sheets/etc in the future!)

Once you've chosen your option, click 'Save' and you should be taken back to the larger white box. Now copy the link provided at the top and paste it wherever! (In this case, paste it in your post and you know the rest. ;3)

Does this help? C: (I know it's a bit long, but I tried to explain it simply. ^^;;)

( @RaikuKawisa Might I suggest you add a 'How to Create a Public Link in Google Docs' section to the main page? Just so others who aren't used to using Google Docs know how to submit their stories. ;3)
@dividedAnimus
It's quite simple. ;3

On the google docs, go up to the right hand corner where it says 'Share' and click it.

When the white box pops up, in the bottom right hand corner there should be in grey wording the word 'Advanced' and click on it.

Now, the white box should be bigger and in the middle your name should be listed underneath the word 'Private'. To the right on the 'Private' row, there should be the word 'Change...', and click on it.

Now, you can either make it so that anyone with the link you share with can access the google docs, or anyone on the web can simply look up your google doc and access it, it's up to you how you do it, but choose one of the options.

(I go with 'Anyone with Link' and unless I'm sharing with project partners, then I just leave it as 'Can View' which is what you need to leave it as right now, but just know you can change that whenever to allow others to edit your Google Docs/Sheets/etc in the future!)

Once you've chosen your option, click 'Save' and you should be taken back to the larger white box. Now copy the link provided at the top and paste it wherever! (In this case, paste it in your post and you know the rest. ;3)

Does this help? C: (I know it's a bit long, but I tried to explain it simply. ^^;;)

( @RaikuKawisa Might I suggest you add a 'How to Create a Public Link in Google Docs' section to the main page? Just so others who aren't used to using Google Docs know how to submit their stories. ;3)
U4Cs8mx.gif
|| He/She/They | FRT+3 | INFP | Demi x3 | Lore Clan | Eternal Acolight ||
floating_hearts_demiromantic_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz7.giffloating_hearts_demigirl_by_awesomewaffle11-dczoifg.giffloating_hearts_demisexual_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz2.gif
@Saraceaser It was very helpful thank you! Should be fixed now.
@Saraceaser It was very helpful thank you! Should be fixed now.
xeDKNxe.pngeNitZGp.gif
@dividedAnimus
Any time! ^^ (When I started using Google Docs, I also got confused and such a lot as well. XD)

@dividedAnimus
Any time! ^^ (When I started using Google Docs, I also got confused and such a lot as well. XD)

U4Cs8mx.gif
floating_hearts_demiromantic_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz7.giffloating_hearts_demigirl_by_awesomewaffle11-dczoifg.giffloating_hearts_demisexual_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz2.gif
@RaikuKawisa
By the way, I have a question for the word counts. I'm going to go ahead and assume that the word count max/min doesn't include the Title and all that, right? Or... should that count? Just wanted to ask for clarification. ^^;;
@RaikuKawisa
By the way, I have a question for the word counts. I'm going to go ahead and assume that the word count max/min doesn't include the Title and all that, right? Or... should that count? Just wanted to ask for clarification. ^^;;
U4Cs8mx.gif
@Saraceaser correct, only the story content counts. Title does not. Thank you for helping dividedAnimus.
@Saraceaser correct, only the story content counts. Title does not. Thank you for helping dividedAnimus.
forum_readjust_by_arykhdragon777-db9mzp6.pngforum_2_by_starrytak-db9ld8u.pngforum_3_by_starrytak-db9ld8t.pngforum_4_by_starrytak-db9ld8r.pngforum5readjust_by_arykhdragon777-db9mzpa.png
@dividedAnimus Approved! Adding your story to the main page
@dividedAnimus Approved! Adding your story to the main page
@raikukawisa do previously-written fanfics count for freestyle, or must they be written in this time frame (I.e. the week before/during the Jamboree)? Sorry to bother!
@raikukawisa do previously-written fanfics count for freestyle, or must they be written in this time frame (I.e. the week before/during the Jamboree)? Sorry to bother!
more permas in my hibden!
fandragon list
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17