Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Rainbow Challenge!
1 2 3 4
Hey everyone, welcome to the Rainbow Challenge!
Basically it's where you get a trio of dragons that between them can produce any color on the color wheel! You keep breeding them together until that one trio has produced at least one hatchling with each color. it requires a lot of lair space and may or may not drive you to insanity BUT LETS NOT WORRY ABOUT THAT IM SURE YOULL BE FINE HA HA HA LTS GET STARTED SHALL WE
So your founders are going to have these following traits:
Quote:
FOUNDERS
will be one female and two male, or vice versa
One will have whatever color you want. Another one will have the color DIRECTLY ACROSS from that color on the color wheel. The last one will have a color right next to the second one, example Cyan, Garnet, Crimson.
The above colors absolutely must be the same as in like whether they're tertiary or secondary or primary.
These three dragons can be any breed, but I recommend them all be plentiful breed because it'll let you breed them as often as possible. Think of how difficult it would be with Coatls or wildclaws.
And then you start breeding! Just breed those three dragons over and over until you get at least one hatchling of each color. A good way to keep track of this is to name the hatchling it's color, so you can see a list of what you've gotten.
Once you've bred every color, let me know, and I'll check your founders. I'll award you a special trophy/badge once the challenge has been completed.
Thread for starter sharing: Rainbow Challenge Share Thread thank you Hsoup for creating the thread! :D
Current participants:
Pretty much just CelestialPrime

Completed:
None :T

Good luck!
Hey everyone, welcome to the Rainbow Challenge!
Basically it's where you get a trio of dragons that between them can produce any color on the color wheel! You keep breeding them together until that one trio has produced at least one hatchling with each color. it requires a lot of lair space and may or may not drive you to insanity BUT LETS NOT WORRY ABOUT THAT IM SURE YOULL BE FINE HA HA HA LTS GET STARTED SHALL WE
So your founders are going to have these following traits:
Quote:
FOUNDERS
will be one female and two male, or vice versa
One will have whatever color you want. Another one will have the color DIRECTLY ACROSS from that color on the color wheel. The last one will have a color right next to the second one, example Cyan, Garnet, Crimson.
The above colors absolutely must be the same as in like whether they're tertiary or secondary or primary.
These three dragons can be any breed, but I recommend them all be plentiful breed because it'll let you breed them as often as possible. Think of how difficult it would be with Coatls or wildclaws.
And then you start breeding! Just breed those three dragons over and over until you get at least one hatchling of each color. A good way to keep track of this is to name the hatchling it's color, so you can see a list of what you've gotten.
Once you've bred every color, let me know, and I'll check your founders. I'll award you a special trophy/badge once the challenge has been completed.
Thread for starter sharing: Rainbow Challenge Share Thread thank you Hsoup for creating the thread! :D
Current participants:
Pretty much just CelestialPrime

Completed:
None :T

Good luck!
Clan Lore
@CelestialPrime - If we play your challenge, we don't have to keep any of the offspring, right? So we only need space for the 3 parents and enough room to hatch the nests?

Okay, so I decided to join you in this breeding challenge. I have 2 of the 3 dragons and I'm hunting for the third. I figure if it takes me a few day, that's okay as I have to wait for the first ones to be off cool down and they can be the first on a nest.
@CelestialPrime - If we play your challenge, we don't have to keep any of the offspring, right? So we only need space for the 3 parents and enough room to hatch the nests?

Okay, so I decided to join you in this breeding challenge. I have 2 of the 3 dragons and I'm hunting for the third. I figure if it takes me a few day, that's okay as I have to wait for the first ones to be off cool down and they can be the first on a nest.
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
63776550.png94501001.png87809713.png.png
@CelestialPrime Does it matter which slot, or would it need to be every color in every slot? Theoretically, if the spot didn't matter my progens could almost make it on their own - except they're missing most of the orange/yellow range...
@CelestialPrime Does it matter which slot, or would it need to be every color in every slot? Theoretically, if the spot didn't matter my progens could almost make it on their own - except they're missing most of the orange/yellow range...
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@hsoup right, you can exalt hatchlings. So you would need a total of eight free slots. Three for the founders and five in case of quintuplets:)
@leopardmask I think it would be best if you could get every color between the three founders, but if you'd like to do it with your progens you could try it!
@hsoup right, you can exalt hatchlings. So you would need a total of eight free slots. Three for the founders and five in case of quintuplets:)
@leopardmask I think it would be best if you could get every color between the three founders, but if you'd like to do it with your progens you could try it!
Clan Lore
@CelestialPrime My progens couldn't do it on their own anyway, especially since the color wheel expansion added a bunch of new oranges and yellows. Anyway, if I do this challenge (which I might, but not immediately) I think it would be easier to keep track if you start with unbred dragons. My progens were just an example.
@CelestialPrime My progens couldn't do it on their own anyway, especially since the color wheel expansion added a bunch of new oranges and yellows. Anyway, if I do this challenge (which I might, but not immediately) I think it would be easier to keep track if you start with unbred dragons. My progens were just an example.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
@leopardmask I just spent like half an hour looking for three spirals with close to the right colors, and then I realized they were all male... anyway good luck! Should i add you to the participation list?
@leopardmask I just spent like half an hour looking for three spirals with close to the right colors, and then I realized they were all male... anyway good luck! Should i add you to the participation list?
Clan Lore
@CelestialPrime Not yet - I have a couple things going that are taking up most of my space right now. I'm bookmarking the thread though, and I'll come back to it later!
@CelestialPrime Not yet - I have a couple things going that are taking up most of my space right now. I'm bookmarking the thread though, and I'll come back to it later!
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
@CelestialPrime - I would like to be added to the list please. Are you going to have a thread in Dragon Share where we can post our starters?
@CelestialPrime - I would like to be added to the list please. Are you going to have a thread in Dragon Share where we can post our starters?
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
@hsoup I'll add you now! I'm debating whether people can post their starters here or in a separate thread, if you like you can start one :)
@hsoup I'll add you now! I'm debating whether people can post their starters here or in a separate thread, if you like you can start one :)
Clan Lore
@CelestialPrime - If we post them here, this thread will get moved to Dragon share by the mods. I am on mobile at the moment, but I can start one in a little bit when I can use my laptop and you can link to it in this thread if you like. =D
@CelestialPrime - If we post them here, this thread will get moved to Dragon share by the mods. I am on mobile at the moment, but I can start one in a little bit when I can use my laptop and you can link to it in this thread if you like. =D
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
1 2 3 4