Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Breed Out the Ugly Challenge! - v.FR
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 251 252

@Judithan Man that PCs primary is so nice, and then the rest just clashes way too hard. I feel bad for it.
Also, that first Tundra baby is so gorgeous. I’m not a Tundra person at all, but look at that chocolate fluff. *o*

@ViridianSylph That’s neat! I think that’s my favorite part of this challenge. You can have two ‘ugly’ (at this point I think we’ve all seen how subjective that is haha) dragons that can actually produce something really nice together.

@Yunimori That’s sweet of you! Unfortunately, the plague eyes just ruin her completely for me. I cannot get past those.
Also, wowzers to those predictions! That’s a lot of potential!

@Judithan Man that PCs primary is so nice, and then the rest just clashes way too hard. I feel bad for it.
Also, that first Tundra baby is so gorgeous. I’m not a Tundra person at all, but look at that chocolate fluff. *o*

@ViridianSylph That’s neat! I think that’s my favorite part of this challenge. You can have two ‘ugly’ (at this point I think we’ve all seen how subjective that is haha) dragons that can actually produce something really nice together.

@Yunimori That’s sweet of you! Unfortunately, the plague eyes just ruin her completely for me. I cannot get past those.
Also, wowzers to those predictions! That’s a lot of potential!
[center]@dreamnorn hoo buddy we're going on a wild ride aren't we? and do i have some HOT MESSES for your viewing pleasure i'm pretty much going for a "just eff me up fam" this round because i can't decide on final color ranges at the moment my final goal is hopefully going to either a male pearlcatcher or snapper because i hate them and am giving myself some extra challenge we have this wonderful founder here who is SO GOOD and SO AMAZING i literally couldn't stop myself [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24600415] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/246005/24600415_350.png[/img] [/url] his name is widerlich and he is going to haunt my dreams for always and eternity and his mate, who's honestly not the worst, but i do not like bright colored smoke AT ALL [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24959177] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/249592/24959177_350.png[/img] [/url] she's definitely got redeeming qualities as far as genes so we'll see! just bred them and they're sitting on two eggs! rng please bless these poor children i am also looking for another [s]awful[/s] breeding pair, but man it hurts me so much[/center]
@dreamnorn
hoo buddy we're going on a wild ride aren't we?
and do i have some HOT MESSES for your viewing pleasure
i'm pretty much going for a "just eff me up fam" this round because i can't decide on final color ranges at the moment
my final goal is hopefully going to either a male pearlcatcher or snapper because i hate them and am giving myself some extra challenge

we have this wonderful founder here who is SO GOOD and SO AMAZING i literally couldn't stop myself

24600415_350.png

his name is widerlich and he is going to haunt my dreams for always and eternity

and his mate, who's honestly not the worst, but i do not like bright colored smoke AT ALL

24959177_350.png

she's definitely got redeeming qualities as far as genes so we'll see!

just bred them and they're sitting on two eggs! rng please bless these poor children

i am also looking for another awful breeding pair, but man
it hurts me
so much
water_banner.pngice_banner.pngplague_banner.pngice_banner.pngarcane_banner.pngplague_banner.png
@raisin
im praying to every rng god there is that i get one of those cute choco or blood babies if i can get one of those i will die happy
if not... well... its a pretty good chance i wont get one but i do have a red pair for my hatchery that i can totes use once the heir is more in the red/warm range
@raisin
im praying to every rng god there is that i get one of those cute choco or blood babies if i can get one of those i will die happy
if not... well... its a pretty good chance i wont get one but i do have a red pair for my hatchery that i can totes use once the heir is more in the red/warm range
NqTy8Tb.png
@felinekind

...you're going to think I'm strange, but I LOVE Widerlich. I think he's absolutely gorgeous. don't like the smoke, but that could be fixed easily. He's beautiful in an eyeburny way. XD
@felinekind

...you're going to think I'm strange, but I LOVE Widerlich. I think he's absolutely gorgeous. don't like the smoke, but that could be fixed easily. He's beautiful in an eyeburny way. XD
FoJ8nwr.pngWfi70uM.png
@yunimori
nah man, it's all good! he'd probably look a lot better with different genes i just
can't with him
if you want him after the incubation period is up, just let me know! i'll probably be shoving him off to icewarden after it's done!
@yunimori
nah man, it's all good! he'd probably look a lot better with different genes i just
can't with him
if you want him after the incubation period is up, just let me know! i'll probably be shoving him off to icewarden after it's done!
water_banner.pngice_banner.pngplague_banner.pngice_banner.pngarcane_banner.pngplague_banner.png
@felinekind I do have to agree with Yunimori, solely so I can say that... widerlich, is not in fact that widerlich. ;p

@Judithan Sacrifice a bar of chocolate to the RNG, because that choco baby is so worth it. Seriously, I haven't owned a Tundra in my life and I would be all over that thing. I might have to start looking into something similar. Either way, this is only the first pair after all... you can definitely narrow it down to something really nice. I'm starting to feel like my ill-thought-out choices are gonna cause me a lot of pain. xD
@felinekind I do have to agree with Yunimori, solely so I can say that... widerlich, is not in fact that widerlich. ;p

@Judithan Sacrifice a bar of chocolate to the RNG, because that choco baby is so worth it. Seriously, I haven't owned a Tundra in my life and I would be all over that thing. I might have to start looking into something similar. Either way, this is only the first pair after all... you can definitely narrow it down to something really nice. I'm starting to feel like my ill-thought-out choices are gonna cause me a lot of pain. xD
@felinekind

I may take you up on that. He's GORGEOUS with Saturn and Glimmer. XD;
@felinekind

I may take you up on that. He's GORGEOUS with Saturn and Glimmer. XD;
FoJ8nwr.pngWfi70uM.png
[center]@raisin @yunimori he's salvagable but that initial reaction i had to him when i saw him was enough to make me buy him also @judithan needs to stop trying to make widerlich look better because he looks so good as a guardian with cherub/hex/underbelly [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=170&bodygene=10&breed=2&element=8&gender=0&tert=85&tertgene=5&winggene=14&wings=72&auth=449b55c05266272b5bf558952d1517f536422f3f&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center]
@raisin @yunimori
he's
salvagable
but that initial reaction i had to him when i saw him was enough to make me buy him

also @judithan needs to stop trying to make widerlich look better because he looks so good as a guardian with cherub/hex/underbelly
dragon?age=1&body=170&bodygene=10&breed=2&element=8&gender=0&tert=85&tertgene=5&winggene=14&wings=72&auth=449b55c05266272b5bf558952d1517f536422f3f&dummyext=prev.png
@Dreamnorn I'm starting this challenge with Tundry's but...which ones??? I bought two males and two females so I have no clue which pair I'm gonna start with but I might do both. Female 1(Founder 1) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25766921] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/257670/25766921_350.png[/img] [/url] Male 1 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25780751] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/257808/25780751_350.png[/img] [/url] Female 2(Founder 2) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25791262] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/257913/25791262_350.png[/img] [/url] Male 2 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25759452] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/257595/25759452_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Dreamnorn
I'm starting this challenge with Tundry's but...which ones??? I bought two males and two females so I have no clue which pair I'm gonna start with but I might do both.

Female 1(Founder 1)

25766921_350.png

Male 1

25780751_350.png

Female 2(Founder 2)

25791262_350.png

Male 2

25759452_350.png

Looks like another massive update post and I was only gone an hour. xD

~

@Raisin (first post) Ah, that's true. Provided no boons are used, it'll be, what... five days or so until we see our first batch of hopefully-less-hideous babies? Okay. That makes me feel a little less rushed. Which is good, because I work best when I'm chiller than the Ice Flight's puns. <3

Here are some thoughts on your suggestions:

Additional / Alternative Rules Box: I'm definitely doing this! It only makes sense, too, so that if someone asks "why is Dreamnorn using only Tundras?" or "why is Raisin picking ugly mates?" -- they can be pre-emptively answered.

Filters: I'm not sure how best I would implement that in a Google Document... it's a good idea, don't get me wrong, but maybe using Ctrl+F for some things might have to be the more low-tech solution.

Option to See Just Founders and Final Product: I feel like this will be implemented in the form -- a little "victory bar," so to speak, so people viewing completed challenges can take a quick look and go "woah, how did THAT generate THAT?" Then they can browse the challenge log and see for themselves. c:

Differentiating Between Active and Finished Challenges: Either these will be on separate documents or follow a certain "major" header in the Table of Contents I think, while the individual links to challenges will be subheaders. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Let me know if any of you come up with any ideas or solutions!

(But yeah, I totally feel you. And don't feel bad about eventual Exaltation... I'm pretty sure all of my dragons except my custom progen, Veridios, are all going to meet Glademama one day. My clan considers it an honor. xD Though I wouldn't do that without offering any of them UFA for a little bit.)

~

@Yunimori Haha, fair enough. xD I mean, I'm definitely gonna be posting up my babies here when the time comes... in like three weeks. FML. :'D If you're interested in any of the legitimate ones that come out of it, just ask and I'll be happy to sell one to you! Lair space why are you so smol.

Plenty of crazy range for your Faes, though. I hope RNGsus blesses you!

~

@Raisin (second post) Pff, it's fine. I ain't ashamed to answer you twice in one response. ;D I'm actually pleasantly surprised with you regarding those Mirror scrys. All pleasant colors, although I would probably wish to breed the species out of that founder, since Mirrors are also not exactly my favorite dragon either.

Dat last one, though.

~

@TheHeroicOne Red, white, and blue? Your founder is an all American Ridgeback. XD If I weren't doing a Tundra-only version of this challenge, mine would've been a male Ridgie as well. Them snoots. I can't handle the snoots.

I love the mate, though! Good luck, and I can't wait to see the results! Judging by those scry possibilities, I think you might be on a fast track to victory.

Although... dose others. Dat Tundra. Dat blue color.

I can't even.

Maybe that challenge is the one you'll need real luck for...

~

@Judithan I'm pleasantly impressed with the nice ranges on those potential Tundras and Guardians! And honestly, even those rejects look ugly in kind of a charming way -- like they got into their parents' paintsets and just screwed them up a ton.

~

@Impception Ooh! Not even bad with those scry possibilities. I especially love that white and blue Tundra but I'm biased because I feel like those colors suit Tundras especially well. Good luck!

~

@felinekind Holy COW I am in awe of that founder and his mate. The fact that you're searching for a male Snapper or Pearlie when you don't like them, though... may RNGsus favor you that your challenge won't last for the rest of your FR life.

Honestly, working with those purples and blues and pinks might not be bad, though...

~

@Lavendeer Oh man, what if, though? F1 looks like she got beaten with the ugly genes, but her colors are actually pretty decent; meanwhile, F2 looks like she got beaten with the ugly colors, but her genes are pretty decent. I mean, you could probably go for a double uglies challenge. If you do, though, here are the pairs I'd do:

F1 x M2

F2 x M1
Looks like another massive update post and I was only gone an hour. xD

~

@Raisin (first post) Ah, that's true. Provided no boons are used, it'll be, what... five days or so until we see our first batch of hopefully-less-hideous babies? Okay. That makes me feel a little less rushed. Which is good, because I work best when I'm chiller than the Ice Flight's puns. <3

Here are some thoughts on your suggestions:

Additional / Alternative Rules Box: I'm definitely doing this! It only makes sense, too, so that if someone asks "why is Dreamnorn using only Tundras?" or "why is Raisin picking ugly mates?" -- they can be pre-emptively answered.

Filters: I'm not sure how best I would implement that in a Google Document... it's a good idea, don't get me wrong, but maybe using Ctrl+F for some things might have to be the more low-tech solution.

Option to See Just Founders and Final Product: I feel like this will be implemented in the form -- a little "victory bar," so to speak, so people viewing completed challenges can take a quick look and go "woah, how did THAT generate THAT?" Then they can browse the challenge log and see for themselves. c:

Differentiating Between Active and Finished Challenges: Either these will be on separate documents or follow a certain "major" header in the Table of Contents I think, while the individual links to challenges will be subheaders. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Let me know if any of you come up with any ideas or solutions!

(But yeah, I totally feel you. And don't feel bad about eventual Exaltation... I'm pretty sure all of my dragons except my custom progen, Veridios, are all going to meet Glademama one day. My clan considers it an honor. xD Though I wouldn't do that without offering any of them UFA for a little bit.)

~

@Yunimori Haha, fair enough. xD I mean, I'm definitely gonna be posting up my babies here when the time comes... in like three weeks. FML. :'D If you're interested in any of the legitimate ones that come out of it, just ask and I'll be happy to sell one to you! Lair space why are you so smol.

Plenty of crazy range for your Faes, though. I hope RNGsus blesses you!

~

@Raisin (second post) Pff, it's fine. I ain't ashamed to answer you twice in one response. ;D I'm actually pleasantly surprised with you regarding those Mirror scrys. All pleasant colors, although I would probably wish to breed the species out of that founder, since Mirrors are also not exactly my favorite dragon either.

Dat last one, though.

~

@TheHeroicOne Red, white, and blue? Your founder is an all American Ridgeback. XD If I weren't doing a Tundra-only version of this challenge, mine would've been a male Ridgie as well. Them snoots. I can't handle the snoots.

I love the mate, though! Good luck, and I can't wait to see the results! Judging by those scry possibilities, I think you might be on a fast track to victory.

Although... dose others. Dat Tundra. Dat blue color.

I can't even.

Maybe that challenge is the one you'll need real luck for...

~

@Judithan I'm pleasantly impressed with the nice ranges on those potential Tundras and Guardians! And honestly, even those rejects look ugly in kind of a charming way -- like they got into their parents' paintsets and just screwed them up a ton.

~

@Impception Ooh! Not even bad with those scry possibilities. I especially love that white and blue Tundra but I'm biased because I feel like those colors suit Tundras especially well. Good luck!

~

@felinekind Holy COW I am in awe of that founder and his mate. The fact that you're searching for a male Snapper or Pearlie when you don't like them, though... may RNGsus favor you that your challenge won't last for the rest of your FR life.

Honestly, working with those purples and blues and pinks might not be bad, though...

~

@Lavendeer Oh man, what if, though? F1 looks like she got beaten with the ugly genes, but her colors are actually pretty decent; meanwhile, F2 looks like she got beaten with the ugly colors, but her genes are pretty decent. I mean, you could probably go for a double uglies challenge. If you do, though, here are the pairs I'd do:

F1 x M2

F2 x M1
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 251 252