Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Breed Out the Ugly Challenge! - v.FR
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 251 252
@Dreamnorn

Yeeeah. What makes it so sad is that if Charoa JUST had a different primary colour, she'd be absolutely gorgeous with the genes she has. But as things are, no. Just...no. She's cringy with how much she clashes; at least to my eyes, anyway. Once I get my first heir from her and Ashur I'm probably gonna train and exalt her.

...dunno about Ashur, though. He may wind up becoming a permaderg, regardless of how bad (or MAYBE perfectly good) the heir turns out.
@Dreamnorn

Yeeeah. What makes it so sad is that if Charoa JUST had a different primary colour, she'd be absolutely gorgeous with the genes she has. But as things are, no. Just...no. She's cringy with how much she clashes; at least to my eyes, anyway. Once I get my first heir from her and Ashur I'm probably gonna train and exalt her.

...dunno about Ashur, though. He may wind up becoming a permaderg, regardless of how bad (or MAYBE perfectly good) the heir turns out.
FoJ8nwr.pngWfi70uM.png
@yunimori
that fae... oh jeez. it does hurt a bit to look at

@aluna
holy christmas that tundra
oof
and i thought mine was bad
that nocturne is so cute with its little shirt omg ; v ;

@dreamnorn
for google doc pages theres a share option that just shares that page/document and nothing else (i use google docs for everything so i know how it all works but thats totally understandable if u dont wanna use that)
and yeah you could totally make a page for it on a tumblr and then have update posts (ive been meaning to make a separate fr tumblr for a while but never got around to it lmao)
@yunimori
that fae... oh jeez. it does hurt a bit to look at

@aluna
holy christmas that tundra
oof
and i thought mine was bad
that nocturne is so cute with its little shirt omg ; v ;

@dreamnorn
for google doc pages theres a share option that just shares that page/document and nothing else (i use google docs for everything so i know how it all works but thats totally understandable if u dont wanna use that)
and yeah you could totally make a page for it on a tumblr and then have update posts (ive been meaning to make a separate fr tumblr for a while but never got around to it lmao)
NqTy8Tb.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25109382] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/251094/25109382_350.png[/img] [/url] PORKMISER and Nia! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25230852] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/252309/25230852_350.png[/img] [/url] Please kill me.

25109382_350.png

PORKMISER

and Nia!

25230852_350.png

Please kill me.
jotaro_by_kawiku-d9ga4oc.pngkakyoin_by_kawiku-d9ga4of.png
@Dreamnorn

Is it bad that I like your founder?

and that I don't think that everybody's founders aren't so bad
@Dreamnorn

Is it bad that I like your founder?

and that I don't think that everybody's founders aren't so bad
@Dreamnorn I actually like Tundras, but the Gembond... let's just say I don't like Gembond.
And by the way, your founder is actually kind of ugly in a nice way.
@Dreamnorn I actually like Tundras, but the Gembond... let's just say I don't like Gembond.
And by the way, your founder is actually kind of ugly in a nice way.
maGaaTX.png Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come.
-Revelation 4: 8b
W1ufEjp.png
@Yunimori That's perfectly acceptable! You're allowed to exalt your founders / heirs / mates once they've bred, or any additional hatchlings that you decide not to continue the challenge with. But yeah... I understand what you mean. Those colors clashed in a magnificent sort of way.

~

@Judithan Oh, really? Because that would be a preferable way to use Google Docs. The only catch is that I would want to ensure that nobody could "edit out" someone else's work, although I feel like the chances of that happening are pretty low. The people on these forums -- at least from what I've seen so far -- are pretty chill. Like. I love you guys. <3

In either case, which do you think would be the better method overall -- a Google Doc or a Tumblr? Think I should make a separate thread asking for opinions and pinging those who were in this thread, or...?

~

@Doggo EURGH WOW, that Guardian though! That's a truly fascinating level of awful... but I gotta love his name! His mate is also lovely... though I may be biased, since Spirals are one of my favorite breeds on this site. XD

I love your username, by the way. Undertale, I presume?

~

@Pandacow It's not bad at all! I quite like yours, too. The Destined. :'D And I picked one that reminded me of Disney's Quasimodo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame: ugly... but in an easy-on-the-eyes sort of way. It's terrible because I found uglier hatchlings, too, but something about him just... made me very eager to adopt him.

His name is Tarnish, by the way. And his lovely mate is Eira. c:

~

@Aluna Ah, I feel you. For me, Gembond has to be on very specific dragons or in a very specific color to appeal. Like, I tend to like it on things like Snappers... not so much on fluffies like Tundras.

But yeah, I actually kind of like Tarnish's brand of ugliness. Like... I could actually keep him, in spite of (or perhaps even because of) those colors and genes. Disney-Quasimodo-ugly.

I could've picked a real eyebleeder, but he spoke to me.
@Yunimori That's perfectly acceptable! You're allowed to exalt your founders / heirs / mates once they've bred, or any additional hatchlings that you decide not to continue the challenge with. But yeah... I understand what you mean. Those colors clashed in a magnificent sort of way.

~

@Judithan Oh, really? Because that would be a preferable way to use Google Docs. The only catch is that I would want to ensure that nobody could "edit out" someone else's work, although I feel like the chances of that happening are pretty low. The people on these forums -- at least from what I've seen so far -- are pretty chill. Like. I love you guys. <3

In either case, which do you think would be the better method overall -- a Google Doc or a Tumblr? Think I should make a separate thread asking for opinions and pinging those who were in this thread, or...?

~

@Doggo EURGH WOW, that Guardian though! That's a truly fascinating level of awful... but I gotta love his name! His mate is also lovely... though I may be biased, since Spirals are one of my favorite breeds on this site. XD

I love your username, by the way. Undertale, I presume?

~

@Pandacow It's not bad at all! I quite like yours, too. The Destined. :'D And I picked one that reminded me of Disney's Quasimodo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame: ugly... but in an easy-on-the-eyes sort of way. It's terrible because I found uglier hatchlings, too, but something about him just... made me very eager to adopt him.

His name is Tarnish, by the way. And his lovely mate is Eira. c:

~

@Aluna Ah, I feel you. For me, Gembond has to be on very specific dragons or in a very specific color to appeal. Like, I tend to like it on things like Snappers... not so much on fluffies like Tundras.

But yeah, I actually kind of like Tarnish's brand of ugliness. Like... I could actually keep him, in spite of (or perhaps even because of) those colors and genes. Disney-Quasimodo-ugly.

I could've picked a real eyebleeder, but he spoke to me.
@dreamnorn if it were me, i would make a google docs page for it and have a solid rubric/quideline for it like [code]username: founder and mate: (the url and image of them along with their names and/or color combos if you wanna go that far) first heir and mate: (and etc. for however many heirs they have) final dragon: score (optional): lore (optional): (copy/paste their lore and then put a link to all/most of it)[/code] and there should be an opt in/out pinglist for whenever the doc gets a solid update (like new content, not just typo correction or pinglist update) you can set the share url to 'view only' and it only lets people look at it (theres also an 'add comments' selection that lets people add on but not edit anything!) and you could totally just have the url on the first post so you dont have to make a new thread if you dont want to. it probably wouldve been better in hindsight to have a couple reserved posts for this but one big first post never hurt anyone!
@dreamnorn
if it were me, i would make a google docs page for it and have a solid rubric/quideline for it like
Code:
username: founder and mate: (the url and image of them along with their names and/or color combos if you wanna go that far) first heir and mate: (and etc. for however many heirs they have) final dragon: score (optional): lore (optional): (copy/paste their lore and then put a link to all/most of it)

and there should be an opt in/out pinglist for whenever the doc gets a solid update (like new content, not just typo correction or pinglist update)

you can set the share url to 'view only' and it only lets people look at it (theres also an 'add comments' selection that lets people add on but not edit anything!) and you could totally just have the url on the first post so you dont have to make a new thread if you dont want to.

it probably wouldve been better in hindsight to have a couple reserved posts for this but one big first post never hurt anyone!

NqTy8Tb.png
@Yunimori I have to say… I’m actually kinda partial to Charoa, aside from the eyes. Oops.

And @Doggo I love PORKMISER’s name.

@Dreamnorn That’s a good point! I’m not sure if I can truly stand them staying in my lair, but I definitely want to at least keep track of the lineage I’ll be creating.

Also, not to give you more work, but I very much liked @Judinath’s suggestion of giving up the not-heirs to other people who’d like to participate. I’d definitely be offering mine for that as well. So if you do make a page to keep track of things, there could be a list of free founders that are being offered?
My vote would be on Google Docs, so things can be all clean and organised. I’m really excited to see everybody’s results now! I feel like if there’s an external page somewhere, this thread might make for a good discussion hub? :o
@Yunimori I have to say… I’m actually kinda partial to Charoa, aside from the eyes. Oops.

And @Doggo I love PORKMISER’s name.

@Dreamnorn That’s a good point! I’m not sure if I can truly stand them staying in my lair, but I definitely want to at least keep track of the lineage I’ll be creating.

Also, not to give you more work, but I very much liked @Judinath’s suggestion of giving up the not-heirs to other people who’d like to participate. I’d definitely be offering mine for that as well. So if you do make a page to keep track of things, there could be a list of free founders that are being offered?
My vote would be on Google Docs, so things can be all clean and organised. I’m really excited to see everybody’s results now! I feel like if there’s an external page somewhere, this thread might make for a good discussion hub? :o
@Dreamnorn Behold, my Founder, Gadget: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25714786] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/257148/25714786_350.png[/img] [/url] I winced when I saw him grown up. And his mate, Hana, whom I like significantly more: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25783284] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/257833/25783284_350.png[/img] [/url] This is gonna be fun. XD
@Dreamnorn
Behold, my Founder, Gadget:
25714786_350.png

I winced when I saw him grown up.

And his mate, Hana, whom I like significantly more:
25783284_350.png

This is gonna be fun. XD
VAAnkLY.png
@Judithan / @Raisin

Hmm... okay. I'm not sure if I can make it today per say, since I'm going out a bit later, but I can probably have one set up tomorrow. Then this thread can be relegated to discussion (things like rules clarification or lore building ideas).

I'll toy around with a format for it this evening and then post a link -- pinging everyone in the chat, so that if they want to be on the updates pinglist they can! We could even have a Table of Contents on the first page to keep better track of the challenges and the progeny without having to use Ctrl+F!

(Also, Raisin -- no worries on whether or not you'll ultimately keep your founders. Either way, they'll be happy to have been given a chance. Or, at least, that's what I like to think. I assign too much personality to my dragons for my own good. xD)

~

@ViridianSylph That Mirror is probably the most challenging sort of ugly for this challenge, tbh. So much color clash... but in a weird way, I kind of find him cute? I'm not into Mirrors but Gadget's an "interesting" fella to say the least. (His mate, of course, is beautiful!)
@Judithan / @Raisin

Hmm... okay. I'm not sure if I can make it today per say, since I'm going out a bit later, but I can probably have one set up tomorrow. Then this thread can be relegated to discussion (things like rules clarification or lore building ideas).

I'll toy around with a format for it this evening and then post a link -- pinging everyone in the chat, so that if they want to be on the updates pinglist they can! We could even have a Table of Contents on the first page to keep better track of the challenges and the progeny without having to use Ctrl+F!

(Also, Raisin -- no worries on whether or not you'll ultimately keep your founders. Either way, they'll be happy to have been given a chance. Or, at least, that's what I like to think. I assign too much personality to my dragons for my own good. xD)

~

@ViridianSylph That Mirror is probably the most challenging sort of ugly for this challenge, tbh. So much color clash... but in a weird way, I kind of find him cute? I'm not into Mirrors but Gadget's an "interesting" fella to say the least. (His mate, of course, is beautiful!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 251 252