Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Breed Out the Ugly Challenge! - v.FR
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 251 252
@raisin grainlord is literally the best name ever holy bajesus thats good @dreamnorn yeah and she was only 3.5k! im so good at finding steals on the ah im not sure what to name my guardian but im thinking some kind of roman/greek god. maybe Mars or somethin there were a few other candidates for my founder but i couldnt bring myself to let this guy go (trogdor does have a sibling though if anyone is interested in that hot mess) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25756209] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/257563/25756209_350.png[/img] [/url]
@raisin grainlord is literally the best name ever holy bajesus thats good

@dreamnorn
yeah and she was only 3.5k! im so good at finding steals on the ah
im not sure what to name my guardian but im thinking some kind of roman/greek god. maybe Mars or somethin
there were a few other candidates for my founder but i couldnt bring myself to let this guy go
(trogdor does have a sibling though if anyone is interested in that hot mess)

25756209_350.png

NqTy8Tb.png
@Dreamnorn Thank you! I do love my new children. I’m ashamed to say, but just the fact that I bought them for a purpose makes me… kind of attached. I had a lot of trouble narrowing it down to them too!
For a while I used behindthename to name my actual dragons, but something about naming dragons after words just always has the potential to be hilarious to me. My Pokemon get named after household appliances and objects in German. :P

@Judithan I am so glad I’m not the only one who thinks so. I’ll probably name a pet Grainlord one day. Also, right back at you on the name, cause Trogdor is just as brilliant.

Good luck to all of you too! I’m so excited.
@Dreamnorn Thank you! I do love my new children. I’m ashamed to say, but just the fact that I bought them for a purpose makes me… kind of attached. I had a lot of trouble narrowing it down to them too!
For a while I used behindthename to name my actual dragons, but something about naming dragons after words just always has the potential to be hilarious to me. My Pokemon get named after household appliances and objects in German. :P

@Judithan I am so glad I’m not the only one who thinks so. I’ll probably name a pet Grainlord one day. Also, right back at you on the name, cause Trogdor is just as brilliant.

Good luck to all of you too! I’m so excited.
@dreamnorn
don't know if you're interested, but we should definitely keep a little log of all the people participating and their current founder/heirs that's being bred, and the final 'winning dragon' (and maybe a score board for the optional scoring?)

also for any offspring i get that aren't my heir, i am offering them for free to people who want to do this challenge! (or any of my other unfortunate children from my random breeding lmao)
@dreamnorn
don't know if you're interested, but we should definitely keep a little log of all the people participating and their current founder/heirs that's being bred, and the final 'winning dragon' (and maybe a score board for the optional scoring?)

also for any offspring i get that aren't my heir, i am offering them for free to people who want to do this challenge! (or any of my other unfortunate children from my random breeding lmao)
NqTy8Tb.png
@Dreamnorn Ooh boy, here we go. First the Truly Ugly, Charoa. I feel bad for her for calling her that, but oooh how she made me FLINCH when I saw her. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25126923] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/251270/25126923_350.png[/img] [/url] And her new mate, Ashur. Who I decided I actually really liked when I saw him, though he may not be everyone's cup of tea. *they have such a horrendous range omg WHY* [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25587973] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/255880/25587973_350.png[/img] [/url] They will be ready to breed in 7 days. We will see what happens. @Yunimori to not lose my place.
@Dreamnorn

Ooh boy, here we go. First the Truly Ugly, Charoa. I feel bad for her for calling her that, but oooh how she made me FLINCH when I saw her.

25126923_350.png

And her new mate, Ashur. Who I decided I actually really liked when I saw him, though he may not be everyone's cup of tea. *they have such a horrendous range omg WHY*

25587973_350.png

They will be ready to breed in 7 days. We will see what happens.

@Yunimori to not lose my place.
FoJ8nwr.pngWfi70uM.png
XD I may do this once I get an expansion!
XD I may do this once I get an expansion!
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
Holy toledo! Looks like I'll be replying to quite a few people! (Sorry if I miss anyone; I'll edit and add if I do.)

@Ankha Not bad! Definitely a "fascinating" bundle of colors for your founder. I'm actually surprised that his mate made Circuit look so good -- normally I don't really care much for it. She's a real cutie! Best of luck to you!

~

@Pandacow Haha, sounds good to me. XD I hope my name suggestions helped. Let me know what you decide on!

And don't be afraid to buy Truly Ugly. Maybe you can start his challenge at a later point... that, and I'm super curious to see what story ideas you come up with him in your lair.

~

@Judithan Regarding the first post I missed -- wow, that's another impressive bundle of Tundy ugliness right there! I'm honestly tempted to snag him to start my own challenge... it would be so much fun to do it alongside you guys!

Regarding the second post I missed -- that sounds like a great idea, actually, though I wouldn't know where to put such a record. On another thread? On a tumblr? I'm open to suggestions on how best to store the awesome legacies of these uglies and their beautiful future progeny. Any thoughts?

~

@Raisin Oh, cool! :D I love naming themes like that. And don't feel ashamed for growing attached to these dragons -- they can stick around and see all their lovely progeny growing more and more beautiful with every generation, then. <3 A very sweet thought, don't you think? ^^

~

@Yunimori Flinching when you see a dragon is a perfect sign that they're ripe for a Breed Out the Ugly Challenge founder. ;D I quite like the colors on Ashur, though. Man, all of you guys do so well picking out mates for these folks!

Sorry about the wide range. Hope you'll get lucky, though!

~

@ImpossibleJedi4 You totally should! I would love to see your founders and their progress. :D I might even be starting one with that Tundy...
Holy toledo! Looks like I'll be replying to quite a few people! (Sorry if I miss anyone; I'll edit and add if I do.)

@Ankha Not bad! Definitely a "fascinating" bundle of colors for your founder. I'm actually surprised that his mate made Circuit look so good -- normally I don't really care much for it. She's a real cutie! Best of luck to you!

~

@Pandacow Haha, sounds good to me. XD I hope my name suggestions helped. Let me know what you decide on!

And don't be afraid to buy Truly Ugly. Maybe you can start his challenge at a later point... that, and I'm super curious to see what story ideas you come up with him in your lair.

~

@Judithan Regarding the first post I missed -- wow, that's another impressive bundle of Tundy ugliness right there! I'm honestly tempted to snag him to start my own challenge... it would be so much fun to do it alongside you guys!

Regarding the second post I missed -- that sounds like a great idea, actually, though I wouldn't know where to put such a record. On another thread? On a tumblr? I'm open to suggestions on how best to store the awesome legacies of these uglies and their beautiful future progeny. Any thoughts?

~

@Raisin Oh, cool! :D I love naming themes like that. And don't feel ashamed for growing attached to these dragons -- they can stick around and see all their lovely progeny growing more and more beautiful with every generation, then. <3 A very sweet thought, don't you think? ^^

~

@Yunimori Flinching when you see a dragon is a perfect sign that they're ripe for a Breed Out the Ugly Challenge founder. ;D I quite like the colors on Ashur, though. Man, all of you guys do so well picking out mates for these folks!

Sorry about the wide range. Hope you'll get lucky, though!

~

@ImpossibleJedi4 You totally should! I would love to see your founders and their progress. :D I might even be starting one with that Tundy...
Alright, I can't resist this. Meet the ugly Myes and the unfortunate Nebekh. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/252613/25261201_350.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/247440/24743948_350.png[/img]
Alright, I can't resist this. Meet the ugly Myes and the unfortunate Nebekh.

25261201_350.png

24743948_350.png
maGaaTX.png Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come.
-Revelation 4: 8b
W1ufEjp.png
@Dreamnorn

I'll think I'll buy Truly Ugly once I get home. And I'll buy a Renaming scroll.

-looks at scry-

... Wow, some of these are pretty nice. I would actually keep some of these. and exalt them once I need space. They have a better range than I thought they would. To keep the challenge going, I'll think I'll do it when it's WOW NEVER EXALTING THIS ONE pretty.
@Dreamnorn

I'll think I'll buy Truly Ugly once I get home. And I'll buy a Renaming scroll.

-looks at scry-

... Wow, some of these are pretty nice. I would actually keep some of these. and exalt them once I need space. They have a better range than I thought they would. To keep the challenge going, I'll think I'll do it when it's WOW NEVER EXALTING THIS ONE pretty.
@dreamnorn
a tumblr would work well since it would be more of a 'live update' feel, or something like a google docs page so it can be organized a little better
it could be like 'current challenges' and have all of the people currently doing the challenge, have it list their starting founder and mate, then the heirs and heirs' mates, etc etc. eventually it would have the Final Dragon and a score if they want, along with an extra section for any lore they want to put in!
@dreamnorn
a tumblr would work well since it would be more of a 'live update' feel, or something like a google docs page so it can be organized a little better
it could be like 'current challenges' and have all of the people currently doing the challenge, have it list their starting founder and mate, then the heirs and heirs' mates, etc etc. eventually it would have the Final Dragon and a score if they want, along with an extra section for any lore they want to put in!
NqTy8Tb.png
@Aluna Oh my! So many Tundy starters! Breaks my Tundy-loving heart, but like... you guys are really finding all the ugliest ones, haha! Good luck! ~ @Pandacow Sounds good to me! And ooh, I'm glad that your scrying is yielding you with some nice hatches. Fingers crossed you get some of the good ones! Also, I was figuring that this would be the requirement for winning: the "wow, there's no way I'm giving this one up!" sort of feeling upon seeing the hatchling. c: A perfect feeling to go with a victory! ~ @Judithan Both of those ideas sound excellent to me. I feel like a Tumblr might be more the way to go since I can be a tad anxious about sharing my Google Docs information, but the organization involved therein would simply be to use tags to ensure that everyone can find certain posts on their individual BOTUC. ~ By the way, everyone, I couldn't resist... I'm doing a Tundras Only version of the challenge. My unnamed founder, a male: [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/257808/25780752_350.png[/img] And his unnamed mate, a female: [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/257062/25706113_350.png[/img] While his mate looks simple and elegant with those snowy colors, my founder is... well, actually reminding me of yours, Judithan. I think they might be siblings! Working on their names right now! [b]EDIT:[/b] I've decided on my founders names. They are Tarnish and Eira! What a lovely couple, don't you think? ;)
@Aluna Oh my! So many Tundy starters! Breaks my Tundy-loving heart, but like... you guys are really finding all the ugliest ones, haha!

Good luck!

~

@Pandacow Sounds good to me! And ooh, I'm glad that your scrying is yielding you with some nice hatches. Fingers crossed you get some of the good ones!

Also, I was figuring that this would be the requirement for winning: the "wow, there's no way I'm giving this one up!" sort of feeling upon seeing the hatchling. c: A perfect feeling to go with a victory!

~

@Judithan Both of those ideas sound excellent to me. I feel like a Tumblr might be more the way to go since I can be a tad anxious about sharing my Google Docs information, but the organization involved therein would simply be to use tags to ensure that everyone can find certain posts on their individual BOTUC.

~

By the way, everyone, I couldn't resist... I'm doing a Tundras Only version of the challenge.

My unnamed founder, a male:

25780752_350.png

And his unnamed mate, a female:

25706113_350.png

While his mate looks simple and elegant with those snowy colors, my founder is... well, actually reminding me of yours, Judithan. I think they might be siblings!

Working on their names right now!

EDIT: I've decided on my founders names. They are Tarnish and Eira! What a lovely couple, don't you think? ;)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 251 252