Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Breed Out the Ugly Challenge! - v.FR
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 251 252
[u][b]MAJOR EDIT (January 2017):[/b][/u] We now have a trading / adoption thread for anyone who has an ugly dragon to give away as founders, mates, etc. for someone's own Breed Out the Ugly Challenge! The hope is that this will make it easier for one to find the appalling dragon of their dreams as they start or continue their challenge. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drt/2103955]Click here to visit it![/url] ~ [u][b]MAJOR EDIT (August 2016):[/b][/u] We now have an official Google Doc to archive our progress in a more orderly fashion! Participation is optional, but don't be shy to check it out or edit it with your own challenges. Just be sure to read the Conduct section first and you'll be fine! [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IBwEpZj5LwfPmQtjaJteNk6r8jQi4oAFBG-UXyHFVEE/edit?usp=sharing]Click here to see it![/url] ~ So I've seen quite a few of you guys doing a Flight Rising version of the popular Legacy Challenge from The Sims series, and I find that pretty awesome! But have any of you considered trying your hand on a Flight Rising version of an alternative The Sims trial: the [b]Breed Out the Ugly Challenge[/b]? Depending on my upcoming set of hatchlings, I think I might try this out with a founder I'll buy from the AH. Here are some rules of the original challenge that I've adapted for Flight Rising! [quote]1. Go to the Auction House (EDIT: or the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drt/2103955]Founder and Mate Thread[/url]) and purchase [i]the ugliest dragon you can find.[/i] Preferably, the dragon will be of your least favorite breed/gender combination, have colors that make your eyes bleed, and a set of genes that make you wonder who let their pet monkey play this game. Basically, this dragon has to be one you'd grab literally ONLY to Exalt. The one restriction on selecting your founder is that [i]they must be triple-gened[/i]. Everything else is allowed. Ultimately, [b]this dragon will be your founder.[/b] 2. Find this dragon a mate. This time, there are no restrictions other than that it has to be breedable with your founder either immediately, once s/he ages up, or loses the breeding cooldown. (In other words, if your founder is male then his mate must be female, or vice versa.) Unlike with your founder, this dragon can be as beautiful as you like! Knock yourself out! [LIST] [*][b]NOTICE:[/b] You cannot use the Foresee Progeny tool in the Scrying Workshop as you look for a potential mate for your founder or their future heirs! Part of the challenge is going with your gut feeling. However, once you have purchased the mate and made your permanent decision for that generation, you may use the Foresee Progeny tool as much as you like. [*]Optional Rule: The mates you select for your founder and their heirs must also be triple-gened. [/LIST] 3. When they're ready, breed them together. If their nest has 2-5 eggs in it, then congratulations! The youngest will be your heir. If their nest has only one egg, then you may breed the founder and his or her mate together one more time, and the youngest from that batch will be your heir instead; however, this is up to you. [LIST] [*]Or, alternatively, you can use an RNG like random.org to select which hatchling will be the heir, or you can cherry pick. Just keep your method of selection consistent! I've seen Simmers do all of the above; the official "rule" is adapted from the original challenge, but as long as you're consistent, I see no harm in it. [/LIST] 4. Find a mate for your heir much like you did for your founder in #2. Repeat #3. 5. Repeat #4 as many generations as it takes to get a dragon you would [i]permanently keep.[/i] At that point, the challenge is over and you have won![/quote] [center]~[/center] Think these rules are a little too plain? Not to worry! Over the past few months, some interesting variations came to life that perhaps you might want to try. Here are some of the most prominent ones! [quote="Rule Variants"] The [b]double-ugly variant[/b] means that selected mates must [i]also[/i] be considered ugly! You can do it for just the first round, or for the duration of the challenge. For this version, I recommend checking [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drt/2103955]this affiliated thread[/url] to find the perfect candidates! For the [b]species-lock variant[/b], one may try to [i]keep[/i] a certain breed throughout the challenge -- bonus points if it's one that they usually dislike or hate -- in order to try and achieve a permanent dragon of that specific breed. For example, if you use the species-lock variant with a Bogsneak founder, then the founder's mate and every mate thereafter must also be Bogsneaks. For the [b]gene-lock variant[/b], one may try to [i]keep[/i] a certain gene throughout the challenge -- bonus points if it's one that they usually dislike or hate -- in order to try and achieve a permanent dragon with that gene. For example, if you use the gene-lock variant, then you must choose one of the genes of your founder (ex: Alloy) that must also be possessed by their mate and every mate thereafter. [LIST] [*]There is also a double- or triple-version of the gene-lock variant, where you must ensure that two or three of the founder's genes must be "kept" by their mates and the mates of their heirs. [/LIST] For the [b]color-lock[/b] variant, make a note of your least favorite color on your founder. Every mate thereafter must also have this color in at least one of their slots. It doesn't have to be the same slot unless you want it to be (which would increase the difficulty of this variant substantially). For the [b]nightmare to dream[/b] variant, you need to not only breed some random dragon you wish to keep from your founder. Your end goal must be a dragon that you're desperate to have but you know does not exist yet: your "dream dragon," if you will. To make this easier, you may use gene- or breed-changing scrolls if you'd like on your keeper with the appropriate gender and colors... or, alternatively, you can keep it difficult by not allowing either of those things. For the [b]discount mates[/b] variant, all mates used throughout the challenge must be bought at the average exalt fodder price (about 4kt for a hatchling or 7kt for an adult) [i]or lower.[/i] This will sharply limit your mate options and, in turn, will make the challenge more difficult! [/quote] [center]~[/center] [quote="Optional Scoring System"] +1 for every hatchling that gets two colors that look pleasant together; additional +2 if it's your heir. +1 for every hatchling that gets two genes that look pleasant together; additional +2 if it's your heir. +3 for every hatchling that gets three colors that look pleasant together; additional +2 if it's your heir. +3 for every hatchling that gets three genes that look pleasant together; additional +2 if it's your heir. [LIST] [*]Note: All of these can stack. So if your heir has two colors [i]and[/i] two genes that look good together, then you add 1+1+2 = 4 points for that one dragon! [/LIST] +10 for every generation below the 10th where you decide that the challenge is over and you have a permanent, beautiful dragon who was originally bred from your founder! -5 for every generation past the 10th where you decide that the challenge is over.[/quote] [b]EDIT (August 2017):[/b] @GlassOctopus made a free-to-use graphic for the Breed Out the Ugly Challenge! If you're interested in pasting this in lore threads, bios, etc. feel free to copy the code and paste it where you'd like. [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1936380][img]http://orig01.deviantart.net/0edb/f/2017/213/2/1/u2p_challenge_by_glassyoctopus-dbijt1v.png[/img][/url][/center] [code][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1936380][img]http://orig01.deviantart.net/0edb/f/2017/213/2/1/u2p_challenge_by_glassyoctopus-dbijt1v.png[/img][/url][/code]
MAJOR EDIT (January 2017): We now have a trading / adoption thread for anyone who has an ugly dragon to give away as founders, mates, etc. for someone's own Breed Out the Ugly Challenge! The hope is that this will make it easier for one to find the appalling dragon of their dreams as they start or continue their challenge.

Click here to visit it!

~

MAJOR EDIT (August 2016): We now have an official Google Doc to archive our progress in a more orderly fashion! Participation is optional, but don't be shy to check it out or edit it with your own challenges. Just be sure to read the Conduct section first and you'll be fine!

Click here to see it!

~

So I've seen quite a few of you guys doing a Flight Rising version of the popular Legacy Challenge from The Sims series, and I find that pretty awesome! But have any of you considered trying your hand on a Flight Rising version of an alternative The Sims trial: the Breed Out the Ugly Challenge?

Depending on my upcoming set of hatchlings, I think I might try this out with a founder I'll buy from the AH. Here are some rules of the original challenge that I've adapted for Flight Rising!

Quote:
1. Go to the Auction House (EDIT: or the Founder and Mate Thread) and purchase the ugliest dragon you can find. Preferably, the dragon will be of your least favorite breed/gender combination, have colors that make your eyes bleed, and a set of genes that make you wonder who let their pet monkey play this game. Basically, this dragon has to be one you'd grab literally ONLY to Exalt. The one restriction on selecting your founder is that they must be triple-gened. Everything else is allowed. Ultimately, this dragon will be your founder.

2. Find this dragon a mate. This time, there are no restrictions other than that it has to be breedable with your founder either immediately, once s/he ages up, or loses the breeding cooldown. (In other words, if your founder is male then his mate must be female, or vice versa.) Unlike with your founder, this dragon can be as beautiful as you like! Knock yourself out!

• NOTICE: You cannot use the Foresee Progeny tool in the Scrying Workshop as you look for a potential mate for your founder or their future heirs! Part of the challenge is going with your gut feeling. However, once you have purchased the mate and made your permanent decision for that generation, you may use the Foresee Progeny tool as much as you like.

• Optional Rule: The mates you select for your founder and their heirs must also be triple-gened.

3. When they're ready, breed them together. If their nest has 2-5 eggs in it, then congratulations! The youngest will be your heir. If their nest has only one egg, then you may breed the founder and his or her mate together one more time, and the youngest from that batch will be your heir instead; however, this is up to you.

• Or, alternatively, you can use an RNG like random.org to select which hatchling will be the heir, or you can cherry pick. Just keep your method of selection consistent! I've seen Simmers do all of the above; the official "rule" is adapted from the original challenge, but as long as you're consistent, I see no harm in it.

4. Find a mate for your heir much like you did for your founder in #2. Repeat #3.

5. Repeat #4 as many generations as it takes to get a dragon you would permanently keep. At that point, the challenge is over and you have won!

~

Think these rules are a little too plain? Not to worry! Over the past few months, some interesting variations came to life that perhaps you might want to try. Here are some of the most prominent ones!

Rule Variants wrote:
The double-ugly variant means that selected mates must also be considered ugly! You can do it for just the first round, or for the duration of the challenge. For this version, I recommend checking this affiliated thread to find the perfect candidates!

For the species-lock variant, one may try to keep a certain breed throughout the challenge -- bonus points if it's one that they usually dislike or hate -- in order to try and achieve a permanent dragon of that specific breed. For example, if you use the species-lock variant with a Bogsneak founder, then the founder's mate and every mate thereafter must also be Bogsneaks.

For the gene-lock variant, one may try to keep a certain gene throughout the challenge -- bonus points if it's one that they usually dislike or hate -- in order to try and achieve a permanent dragon with that gene. For example, if you use the gene-lock variant, then you must choose one of the genes of your founder (ex: Alloy) that must also be possessed by their mate and every mate thereafter.

• There is also a double- or triple-version of the gene-lock variant, where you must ensure that two or three of the founder's genes must be "kept" by their mates and the mates of their heirs.

For the color-lock variant, make a note of your least favorite color on your founder. Every mate thereafter must also have this color in at least one of their slots. It doesn't have to be the same slot unless you want it to be (which would increase the difficulty of this variant substantially).

For the nightmare to dream variant, you need to not only breed some random dragon you wish to keep from your founder. Your end goal must be a dragon that you're desperate to have but you know does not exist yet: your "dream dragon," if you will. To make this easier, you may use gene- or breed-changing scrolls if you'd like on your keeper with the appropriate gender and colors... or, alternatively, you can keep it difficult by not allowing either of those things.

For the discount mates variant, all mates used throughout the challenge must be bought at the average exalt fodder price (about 4kt for a hatchling or 7kt for an adult) or lower. This will sharply limit your mate options and, in turn, will make the challenge more difficult!

~

Optional Scoring System wrote:
+1 for every hatchling that gets two colors that look pleasant together; additional +2 if it's your heir.

+1 for every hatchling that gets two genes that look pleasant together; additional +2 if it's your heir.

+3 for every hatchling that gets three colors that look pleasant together; additional +2 if it's your heir.

+3 for every hatchling that gets three genes that look pleasant together; additional +2 if it's your heir.

• Note: All of these can stack. So if your heir has two colors and two genes that look good together, then you add 1+1+2 = 4 points for that one dragon!

+10 for every generation below the 10th where you decide that the challenge is over and you have a permanent, beautiful dragon who was originally bred from your founder!

-5 for every generation past the 10th where you decide that the challenge is over.

EDIT (August 2017): @GlassOctopus made a free-to-use graphic for the Breed Out the Ugly Challenge! If you're interested in pasting this in lore threads, bios, etc. feel free to copy the code and paste it where you'd like.

u2p_challenge_by_glassyoctopus-dbijt1v.png
Code:
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1936380][img]http://orig01.deviantart.net/0edb/f/2017/213/2/1/u2p_challenge_by_glassyoctopus-dbijt1v.png[/img][/url]
@Dreamnorn

I'm going to do this. This seems interesting!

why lair space why

I'm going to get my founders. See you soon!
@Dreamnorn

I'm going to do this. This seems interesting!

why lair space why

I'm going to get my founders. See you soon!
@Pandacow Awesome! :D I'm glad you find it interesting. Please ping me and/or reply to this thread with your founders! I'd love to see them (and get updates on your progress)!

Sorry about your lair space though.
@Pandacow Awesome! :D I'm glad you find it interesting. Please ping me and/or reply to this thread with your founders! I'd love to see them (and get updates on your progress)!

Sorry about your lair space though.
[center] @Dreamnorn ((Seriously, the first one actually made me make a noise when I saw him.)) [size=7] Chapter One [/size] I trudged through the Auction House, looking at "ugly" dragons. I wasn't really one to call all dragons ugly: I saw potential in every one of them. But I needed to do a challenge. I decided that I gasped, that dragon would be my Founder. To pass the test, one must make me gasp. I found my fair share of fodder dragons, but none that had made me Gasp. I needed one, the one that was destined to found the Challenge. But I had seen a small Guardian hatchling, that could be considered fodder. I went over to him, and checked him in the Scry, a special place that could see the adult form of dragons. When I saw him, I made a sound. One that I could not replicate, even though I tried to. It was the Gasp. However, I didn't know if it was just my mercy, or that he was actually good. I would've actually taken this dragon in if I wasn't doing the Challenge. I saw a lot of potential in him, so I didn't know if he was Worthy. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=92&bodygene=9&breed=2&element=5&gender=0&tert=79&tertgene=9&winggene=10&wings=90&auth=4350bec95c3c92d1d034309dc2969497b397bcec&dummyext=prev.png[/img] So I searched again, and I saw one that I would not take in. But, I did not exclaim the Gasp in this one. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=163&bodygene=5&breed=2&element=7&gender=0&tert=15&tertgene=7&winggene=5&wings=27&auth=d7e7f198fb49ceb89520bd2b7280a787ead6632f&dummyext=prev.png[/img] But which one should I choose? The Destined, or the Truly "Ugly?" Knowing that others could decided for me, I decided to pick a worthy female, a mate to the one I would choose. This one did not have to be "Ugly," so I decided to pick one I liked. I had decided that if I was to choose something with a longer breeding cooldown, I would not choose a Coatl that I had been eyeing. No, I did not want to wait that long! I was a person of speed. I soon found two good Faes. I had recoginzed one from I hatchery I visited (but did not buy from), so I decided to pick the hatchery one. I had found a Worthy female, a True Mate. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25692853] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/256929/25692853_350.png[/img] [/url] Even though I had chosen a Female, I still had the Male to choose between from. So I decided to let my audience decide. Which one? Farewell, readers, and I will see you next time.
@Dreamnorn
((Seriously, the first one actually made me make a noise when I saw him.))
Chapter One

I trudged through the Auction House, looking at "ugly" dragons. I wasn't really one to call all dragons ugly: I saw potential in every one of them. But I needed to do a challenge. I decided that I gasped, that dragon would be my Founder. To pass the test, one must make me gasp.

I found my fair share of fodder dragons, but none that had made me Gasp. I needed one, the one that was destined to found the Challenge.

But I had seen a small Guardian hatchling, that could be considered fodder. I went over to him, and checked him in the Scry, a special place that could see the adult form of dragons.

When I saw him, I made a sound. One that I could not replicate, even though I tried to. It was the Gasp.

However, I didn't know if it was just my mercy, or that he was actually good. I would've actually taken this dragon in if I wasn't doing the Challenge. I saw a lot of potential in him, so I didn't know if he was Worthy.
dragon?age=1&body=92&bodygene=9&breed=2&element=5&gender=0&tert=79&tertgene=9&winggene=10&wings=90&auth=4350bec95c3c92d1d034309dc2969497b397bcec&dummyext=prev.png

So I searched again, and I saw one that I would not take in. But, I did not exclaim the Gasp in this one.
dragon?age=1&body=163&bodygene=5&breed=2&element=7&gender=0&tert=15&tertgene=7&winggene=5&wings=27&auth=d7e7f198fb49ceb89520bd2b7280a787ead6632f&dummyext=prev.png

But which one should I choose? The Destined, or the Truly "Ugly?"

Knowing that others could decided for me, I decided to pick a worthy female, a mate to the one I would choose. This one did not have to be "Ugly," so I decided to pick one I liked. I had decided that if I was to choose something with a longer breeding cooldown, I would not choose a Coatl that I had been eyeing. No, I did not want to wait that long! I was a person of speed.

I soon found two good Faes. I had recoginzed one from I hatchery I visited (but did not buy from), so I decided to pick the hatchery one.

I had found a Worthy female, a True Mate.

25692853_350.png

Even though I had chosen a Female, I still had the Male to choose between from. So I decided to let my audience decide.

Which one?

Farewell, readers, and I will see you next time.
Both of them, find another female and do it double.

DOUBLE UGLIES

DOUBLE UGLIES
@Pandacow What excellent writing. I'm quite excited to get updates on this. :D And that little Fae is gorgeous.

As for which founder to choose, I suppose that depends on your personal opinion. Would you like to keep your founder to see how far you've come? Then I would select the Destined. Would you like to have an even more intense challenge? Then I would select the Truly Ugly. It all depends on the spirit with which you'd rather accept the Breed Out the Ugly Challenge: as something to become emotionally invested in, or as a puzzle-esque obstacle to overcome just because.

Given how you wrote this, though, I would cast my vote for the Destined, so that he may stay with you and watch as his children and grandchildren become more and more beautiful because someone saw the potential in him all along. <3

Either way, though, I would say either would make for a good, challenging founder.

By the way, I made a sound when I saw the Destined as well. It was more of an eep than a gasp, though!

~

EDIT: @Sopheroo

Quote:

DOUBLE UGLIES

OR THAT WORKS TOO. :'D Up to you, Pandacow!
@Pandacow What excellent writing. I'm quite excited to get updates on this. :D And that little Fae is gorgeous.

As for which founder to choose, I suppose that depends on your personal opinion. Would you like to keep your founder to see how far you've come? Then I would select the Destined. Would you like to have an even more intense challenge? Then I would select the Truly Ugly. It all depends on the spirit with which you'd rather accept the Breed Out the Ugly Challenge: as something to become emotionally invested in, or as a puzzle-esque obstacle to overcome just because.

Given how you wrote this, though, I would cast my vote for the Destined, so that he may stay with you and watch as his children and grandchildren become more and more beautiful because someone saw the potential in him all along. <3

Either way, though, I would say either would make for a good, challenging founder.

By the way, I made a sound when I saw the Destined as well. It was more of an eep than a gasp, though!

~

EDIT: @Sopheroo

Quote:

DOUBLE UGLIES

OR THAT WORKS TOO. :'D Up to you, Pandacow!
[i]Might as well use this post as I've already got it. @Dreamnorn, here's my entry! I've added an additional rule for me, which is that none of the mates are permitted to be Spirals (for lore reasons Spirals are banned from my clan, it's a LONG story) or Imperials because I'm unfairly biased towards Imps and the challenge would be over before it began.[/i] This is my Founder. Oh dear Lord Arcanist, what have I done to myself. I do NOT like Mirrors. I have a strong dislike for Circuit. I rarely like Poison (only with certain colours, and Maize is not one of those). Coal Butterfly has never been my favourite. And the part of the pink spectrum that could charitably be described as Very Bright doesn't really do it for me... just [i]oh dear[/i]. He's called Trageon. I'm tempted to change it to Tragedy. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25771109][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/257712/25771109_350.png[/img][/url] ([url=http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=11&breed=3&element=5&gender=0&tert=65&tertgene=1&winggene=13&wings=8&auth=af8431b6ae63c1f4a6644dba2b37ddde816c1b2d&dummyext=prev.png]Adult preview[/url]) As for his mate, I'm using one I found in the Arcane Sales threads a little while ago because I had no other use for her in my lore than "oh, she's pretty" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25720001] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/257201/25720001_350.png[/img] [/url] They share Butterfly, which is nice! Sadly, they also share Magenta, which means I'm not going to be getting away from that Very Bright Pink for a little while yet. Er, at least it won't clash with the eyes?
Might as well use this post as I've already got it. @Dreamnorn, here's my entry!

I've added an additional rule for me, which is that none of the mates are permitted to be Spirals (for lore reasons Spirals are banned from my clan, it's a LONG story) or Imperials because I'm unfairly biased towards Imps and the challenge would be over before it began.

This is my Founder. Oh dear Lord Arcanist, what have I done to myself. I do NOT like Mirrors. I have a strong dislike for Circuit. I rarely like Poison (only with certain colours, and Maize is not one of those). Coal Butterfly has never been my favourite. And the part of the pink spectrum that could charitably be described as Very Bright doesn't really do it for me... just oh dear.
He's called Trageon. I'm tempted to change it to Tragedy.
25771109_350.png
(Adult preview)

As for his mate, I'm using one I found in the Arcane Sales threads a little while ago because I had no other use for her in my lore than "oh, she's pretty"

25720001_350.png

They share Butterfly, which is nice! Sadly, they also share Magenta, which means I'm not going to be getting away from that Very Bright Pink for a little while yet. Er, at least it won't clash with the eyes?
0lSM1SJ.pngnnJGoJp.png
@Naurath Awesome! I look forward to seeing your founder, his mate, and the progress you make! :D
@Naurath Awesome! I look forward to seeing your founder, his mate, and the progress you make! :D
@Dreamnorn
Mini Chapter One
((I think that Mini Chapters should be OOC and Chapters should be in in character. So you know what's going on.))
- Chapter One- Mini Chapter One-

I have decided to pick the Destined. I have chosen the Destined because the Truly Ugly is like normal fodder ugly. While the Destined is like sucker punch. Hits you in the face while you don't expect it. I'm probably going to change his name, though. And I can see myself keeping the both of the Founders in this path.

Well, it's time for the waiting game, I suppose.

@Sopheroo
And I was kind of conflicted because I saw him pretty in my own special way. So I didn't know what to do. Thanks to everybody, though. And as much as I would like to do the double challenge, my lair space is crying already. So, I unfortunately can't.

Is it cheating if I check their offspring in the scry?
@Dreamnorn
Mini Chapter One
((I think that Mini Chapters should be OOC and Chapters should be in in character. So you know what's going on.))
- Chapter One- Mini Chapter One-

I have decided to pick the Destined. I have chosen the Destined because the Truly Ugly is like normal fodder ugly. While the Destined is like sucker punch. Hits you in the face while you don't expect it. I'm probably going to change his name, though. And I can see myself keeping the both of the Founders in this path.

Well, it's time for the waiting game, I suppose.

@Sopheroo
And I was kind of conflicted because I saw him pretty in my own special way. So I didn't know what to do. Thanks to everybody, though. And as much as I would like to do the double challenge, my lair space is crying already. So, I unfortunately can't.

@Pandacow That sounds good to me. c: A well-organized system is a good system. Also, amusingly, I think SuckerPunch might make a good name for him. xD That, or perhaps something to do with painting? He strikes me as an eccentric artist type for some reason.... Morbidly, I randomly came up with the idea of "Stroke" as a good name for him -- a play on a brushstroke for painting and... well... a stroke because of his wild genes. But that might be a little bit mean. xD I'll think up some other name ideas in case you're interested. c: (I love that the Fae's name is Caterpillar, by the way.) [quote name="Pandacow" date=2016-07-29 09:21:55] Is it cheating if I check their offspring in the scry? [/quote] I would say "yes" if you're checking [i]before[/i] you purchase a mate and "no" if you're checking [i]after[/i] you purchase a mate. Since they're purchased, I'd say you're all set! Think I should add that to the rules in the original post? EDIT: I added an amendment to the original post on this. c:
@Pandacow That sounds good to me. c: A well-organized system is a good system. Also, amusingly, I think SuckerPunch might make a good name for him. xD That, or perhaps something to do with painting? He strikes me as an eccentric artist type for some reason....

Morbidly, I randomly came up with the idea of "Stroke" as a good name for him -- a play on a brushstroke for painting and... well... a stroke because of his wild genes. But that might be a little bit mean. xD I'll think up some other name ideas in case you're interested. c: (I love that the Fae's name is Caterpillar, by the way.)

Pandacow wrote on 2016-07-29:

I would say "yes" if you're checking before you purchase a mate and "no" if you're checking after you purchase a mate. Since they're purchased, I'd say you're all set! Think I should add that to the rules in the original post?

EDIT: I added an amendment to the original post on this. c:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 251 252