Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | The Elements - A Lineage Project
1 2 3 4 5 6
[center][size=5][color=magenta][b]The Elements A Lineage Project[/b][/color][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16542056] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/165421/16542056_350.png[/img] [/url] This is Fluorine. Like most true children of the Lightweaver, she has dedicated her life to pursuing knowledge and truth. She was adopted as a hatchling by an Arcane clan, but her circumstances have not kept her from her goal; indeed, her clanmates have been nothing but supportive of her efforts. In her wide reading, she has learned from the scholars of the Sunbeam Ruins that while there are eleven elements of magic in the world, there are also more than a hundred elements of matter. Her studies and experiments center around harmonizing the study of magic with the science of matter, and understanding how they interact with and complement each other. In the future, she plans to travel the world in pursuit of her goals.[/center] [color=magenta][size=3]*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* [b]What Is This About?[/b][/size][/color] The purpose of this thread is to share my progress on my Elements Lineage Project. My inspiration for this project was [b]middletone[/b]'s fantastic [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/1250534]To Isengard - A LotR Lineage Thread[/url]. Like middletone, I'm trying to recreate the lyrics to an entire song in one of my dragons' offspring lists. The song I'm using is [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7hO-1ItqXw]"The Elements" by Tom Lehrer[/url]. (The lyrics to the song can be found [url=http://www.guntheranderson.com/v/data/elements.htm]here.[/url]) [color=magenta][size=3][b]How Does This Project Work?[/b][/size][/color] [LIST] [*]Fluorine's hatchlings will each be named after one chemical element, in the order in which they appear in the song. (I will leave out all the 'extra' words that aren't element names.) [*]All hatchlings will be exalted for the same reason that middletone posted in his thread, namely: [/LIST] [quote name="middletone"]because I would have a fit if I got halfway through this project only for someone to rename a dragon "CccccomboBreaker" or something.[/quote] [LIST] [*]I will post an update every time a new clutch hatches. [*]I will maintain a pinglist for updates. Ping me in this thread to get on it. [*]In the interest of getting specific colors for specific hatchlings, this project will involve multiple breeding partners. [*]At various points during the project, I will be renting a nest of every FR element at least once. [*]Interested in getting involved by offering a stud or a nest to rent? Please read the next post to see what I currently need, then ping or PM me. [/LIST]
The Elements
A Lineage Project

16542056_350.png

This is Fluorine. Like most true children of the Lightweaver, she has dedicated her life to pursuing knowledge and truth. She was adopted as a hatchling by an Arcane clan, but her circumstances have not kept her from her goal; indeed, her clanmates have been nothing but supportive of her efforts.

In her wide reading, she has learned from the scholars of the Sunbeam Ruins that while there are eleven elements of magic in the world, there are also more than a hundred elements of matter. Her studies and experiments center around harmonizing the study of magic with the science of matter, and understanding how they interact with and complement each other. In the future, she plans to travel the world in pursuit of her goals.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

What Is This About?

The purpose of this thread is to share my progress on my Elements Lineage Project. My inspiration for this project was middletone's fantastic To Isengard - A LotR Lineage Thread. Like middletone, I'm trying to recreate the lyrics to an entire song in one of my dragons' offspring lists. The song I'm using is "The Elements" by Tom Lehrer. (The lyrics to the song can be found here.)

How Does This Project Work?

• Fluorine's hatchlings will each be named after one chemical element, in the order in which they appear in the song. (I will leave out all the 'extra' words that aren't element names.)
  • All hatchlings will be exalted for the same reason that middletone posted in his thread, namely:
middletone wrote:
because I would have a fit if I got halfway through this project only for someone to rename a dragon "CccccomboBreaker" or something.
  • I will post an update every time a new clutch hatches.
  • I will maintain a pinglist for updates. Ping me in this thread to get on it.
  • In the interest of getting specific colors for specific hatchlings, this project will involve multiple breeding partners.
  • At various points during the project, I will be renting a nest of every FR element at least once.
  • Interested in getting involved by offering a stud or a nest to rent? Please read the next post to see what I currently need, then ping or PM me.
Current Project Status

• Total Hatchlings Needed to Complete the Song: 102
  • Hatchlings So Far: 31
  • Hatchlings Remaining: 71
  • Next RTB Date: Currently on a nest
  • Next 5 Elements: Thallium, Yttrium, Ytterbium, Actinium, Rubidium
  • Seeking Breeding Partner: No
  • Desired Breeding Partner Traits: TBD
  • Seeking Rental Nest: No
  • Rental Nest Needed: n/a
Current Project Status

• Total Hatchlings Needed to Complete the Song: 102
  • Hatchlings So Far: 31
  • Hatchlings Remaining: 71
  • Next RTB Date: Currently on a nest
  • Next 5 Elements: Thallium, Yttrium, Ytterbium, Actinium, Rubidium
  • Seeking Breeding Partner: No
  • Desired Breeding Partner Traits: TBD
  • Seeking Rental Nest: No
  • Rental Nest Needed: n/a
Pinglist for Project Updates

UlvDakota
sgkat
Pinglist for Project Updates

UlvDakota
sgkat
~Reserved just in case~
~Reserved just in case~
@BarbaraFett Oh, I like this idea! Could ya put me on the ping list please? Also, let me know when you need a Wind nest.
@BarbaraFett Oh, I like this idea! Could ya put me on the ping list please? Also, let me know when you need a Wind nest.
vbbxBX.pngvbbEIJ.png by #341153
Thread is open! Here's my first hatchling update. The next one won't be until early December, but I was so excited about the project that I wanted to get this thread up right away. [color=magenta][size=3][b]Hatchling Update #1[/b][/size][/color] There were only two eggs in this first clutch. [b]Antimony[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18404601] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/184047/18404601_350.png[/img] [/url] He inherited his mom's Avocado Seraph and his dad's White Crystal. I think this project is off to an adorable start! (So adorable I couldn't bear to exalt him right away... sorry, fellow Arcanites. I'll be sure he gets trained for the next push.) [b]Arsenic[/b] ([url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&id=0&tab=dragon&did=18404602]Link to exalt page[/url])
Thread is open!

Here's my first hatchling update. The next one won't be until early December, but I was so excited about the project that I wanted to get this thread up right away.

Hatchling Update #1

There were only two eggs in this first clutch.

Antimony

18404601_350.png

He inherited his mom's Avocado Seraph and his dad's White Crystal. I think this project is off to an adorable start! (So adorable I couldn't bear to exalt him right away... sorry, fellow Arcanites. I'll be sure he gets trained for the next push.)

Arsenic

(Link to exalt page)
@UlvDakota : Thank you so much! I added you to the list, and I will definitely let you know when I need a Wind nest! :)
@UlvDakota : Thank you so much! I added you to the list, and I will definitely let you know when I need a Wind nest! :)
Lore Update - 11/29/2015

The first chill of winter was blowing northward from the sea. Fluorine had ventured to the southernmost border of the Starfall Isles to scavenge for ice crystals, quartz, fossils, and whatever else she might find there. As she hovered over the little waves lapping at the bases of the crystal mountain peaks, she heard a strange sound, like someone smashing something with a heavy tool. She followed the sound and peered around the edge of a stone peak. She was astonished to see what appeared to be a great mountain of ice floating in the sea. A dark, mysterious, and handsome Spiral was standing atop it, breaking pieces out of it with a pickaxe. As he worked, he sang a song:

"Born of cold and winter air
And mountain rain combining,
This icy force, both foul and fair,
Has a frozen heart worth mining..."

The pickaxe struck in time with the work song. Intrigued, Fluorine ventured closer, nodding her head to the music. She tried to stand on the ice, but the cold burned her feet, so she went back to hovering.

When the mysterious stranger saw her, he set down his pickaxe and asked her where she had come from, and what she was doing there. She said that she lived in a lair in one of the mountain peaks some distance to the north of here. When she said she had never seen snow or ice up close before, and that she had come to scavenge for ice crystals, he gave her some of those he had found in the mountain of ice. He said that he was from the Southern Icefields, and asked her if she wanted to come and see them with him. She said yes right away, but invited him to come with her to her lair first so that she could gather some food for the journey.

They went back to Clan Adeptica's lair, and Fluorine and the stranger, whose name was Onyx, went to Shadowspell, the clan's hoard manager, to ask for supplies for the journey. He had been hatched in the Ice realm himself, so he heartily approved of the journey. "Icewarden bless you," he said as he handed them packages of insects and meat, "and may your journey be enlightening and fruitful." He also gave them wolf pelts to protect them from the cold.

Together, Fluorine and Onyx set off on their journey to the south. They soared over the continent, admiring the beautiful vistas of snow and ice that glittered in the sunlight, talking about Ice and Arcane magic and forming a closer bond with each other. They landed in the Cloudscape Crags to find a clan willing to give them shelter for the night - not an easy thing to do in the Icefields, Onyx warned. Fortunately, they were able to find a friendly clan that agreed to let the pair of travelers stay with them.

The clan patriarch, Bismuth, took a liking to Fluorine right away when he learned that she was also a scientist. He told her the most fascinating stories about his inventions as they sat around the fire and ate, and she asked questions as quickly as he could answer them. She knew that whenever she decided to name one of her hatchlings Bismuth, she would remember this visit fondly.

By the end of the night, she and Onyx had two Ice eggs, and she eagerly looked forward to her next few days in this unforgiving yet beautiful land.

@UlvDakota - Progress! The next hatchling update will be in 5 days :)

Also, I'd like to give credit and thanks to @Karmarsi for being a good nest renter. :)
Lore Update - 11/29/2015

The first chill of winter was blowing northward from the sea. Fluorine had ventured to the southernmost border of the Starfall Isles to scavenge for ice crystals, quartz, fossils, and whatever else she might find there. As she hovered over the little waves lapping at the bases of the crystal mountain peaks, she heard a strange sound, like someone smashing something with a heavy tool. She followed the sound and peered around the edge of a stone peak. She was astonished to see what appeared to be a great mountain of ice floating in the sea. A dark, mysterious, and handsome Spiral was standing atop it, breaking pieces out of it with a pickaxe. As he worked, he sang a song:

"Born of cold and winter air
And mountain rain combining,
This icy force, both foul and fair,
Has a frozen heart worth mining..."

The pickaxe struck in time with the work song. Intrigued, Fluorine ventured closer, nodding her head to the music. She tried to stand on the ice, but the cold burned her feet, so she went back to hovering.

When the mysterious stranger saw her, he set down his pickaxe and asked her where she had come from, and what she was doing there. She said that she lived in a lair in one of the mountain peaks some distance to the north of here. When she said she had never seen snow or ice up close before, and that she had come to scavenge for ice crystals, he gave her some of those he had found in the mountain of ice. He said that he was from the Southern Icefields, and asked her if she wanted to come and see them with him. She said yes right away, but invited him to come with her to her lair first so that she could gather some food for the journey.

They went back to Clan Adeptica's lair, and Fluorine and the stranger, whose name was Onyx, went to Shadowspell, the clan's hoard manager, to ask for supplies for the journey. He had been hatched in the Ice realm himself, so he heartily approved of the journey. "Icewarden bless you," he said as he handed them packages of insects and meat, "and may your journey be enlightening and fruitful." He also gave them wolf pelts to protect them from the cold.

Together, Fluorine and Onyx set off on their journey to the south. They soared over the continent, admiring the beautiful vistas of snow and ice that glittered in the sunlight, talking about Ice and Arcane magic and forming a closer bond with each other. They landed in the Cloudscape Crags to find a clan willing to give them shelter for the night - not an easy thing to do in the Icefields, Onyx warned. Fortunately, they were able to find a friendly clan that agreed to let the pair of travelers stay with them.

The clan patriarch, Bismuth, took a liking to Fluorine right away when he learned that she was also a scientist. He told her the most fascinating stories about his inventions as they sat around the fire and ate, and she asked questions as quickly as he could answer them. She knew that whenever she decided to name one of her hatchlings Bismuth, she would remember this visit fondly.

By the end of the night, she and Onyx had two Ice eggs, and she eagerly looked forward to her next few days in this unforgiving yet beautiful land.

@UlvDakota - Progress! The next hatchling update will be in 5 days :)

Also, I'd like to give credit and thanks to @Karmarsi for being a good nest renter. :)
@UlvDakota [b][color=magenta]Hatchling Update #2[/color][/b] Fluorine and Onyx just returned from their adventure in the Southern Icefields with two of the most adorable baby noodles! [b]Aluminum[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18975447] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/189755/18975447_350.png[/img] [/url] Love that Teal Seraph! [b]Selenium[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18975448] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/189755/18975448_350.png[/img] [/url]
@UlvDakota

Hatchling Update #2

Fluorine and Onyx just returned from their adventure in the Southern Icefields with two of the most adorable baby noodles!

Aluminum

18975447_350.png

Love that Teal Seraph!

Selenium

18975448_350.png
@BarbaraFett

Aww, they're so adorable!
@BarbaraFett

Aww, they're so adorable!
vbbxBX.pngvbbEIJ.png by #341153
1 2 3 4 5 6