Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Performance Update
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hello, everyone.

It's been another rough day over here, but we are making some headway. This afternoon the web team made several database optimizations and placed artificial stress (in the form of about 600 additional users) on the site to monitor the results. That stress test has been concluded. As you all have noticed, the site is still not in great shape, so we are going to be taking the new information and formulating another set of plans. There is a chance that tomorrow, to implement changes, we may need to go into maintenance again, but as always, we will keep our communication channels open, and the period as short as humanly dragonly possible. No one feels worse about the current scenario than we do.

It means a lot to us that you are playing, and still being so awesome to all the new players and each other. Please know we are not letting a moment pass over here without query hunting, bug testing, data analyzing, or when the coders are asleep, art content creation.

We'll get through this. Thanks again for being the most awesome community ever.
Hello, everyone.

It's been another rough day over here, but we are making some headway. This afternoon the web team made several database optimizations and placed artificial stress (in the form of about 600 additional users) on the site to monitor the results. That stress test has been concluded. As you all have noticed, the site is still not in great shape, so we are going to be taking the new information and formulating another set of plans. There is a chance that tomorrow, to implement changes, we may need to go into maintenance again, but as always, we will keep our communication channels open, and the period as short as humanly dragonly possible. No one feels worse about the current scenario than we do.

It means a lot to us that you are playing, and still being so awesome to all the new players and each other. Please know we are not letting a moment pass over here without query hunting, bug testing, data analyzing, or when the coders are asleep, art content creation.

We'll get through this. Thanks again for being the most awesome community ever.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
Just like to say, as a newbie, I've been really impressed with the staff. A lot of sites I've tried out with pay to play features tend to have huge gaps between the staff and the community and are designed -purely- for churning as much money out as possible. You guys however, actually seem to give a damn about your player base. I'll tell you, the sentiment is very much appreciated!

"No one feels worse about the current scenario than we do."

No need to feel terrible about it either. This is a work in progress and you all will have some serious bugs to iron out. You'll get there in the end and you're building a decent player base to follow you along.

I just wanna say, I've really enjoyed myself the past few days, and I'm looking forward to the final product!
Just like to say, as a newbie, I've been really impressed with the staff. A lot of sites I've tried out with pay to play features tend to have huge gaps between the staff and the community and are designed -purely- for churning as much money out as possible. You guys however, actually seem to give a damn about your player base. I'll tell you, the sentiment is very much appreciated!

"No one feels worse about the current scenario than we do."

No need to feel terrible about it either. This is a work in progress and you all will have some serious bugs to iron out. You'll get there in the end and you're building a decent player base to follow you along.

I just wanna say, I've really enjoyed myself the past few days, and I'm looking forward to the final product!
You guys are doing the best you can, and while as players/users we have a hard time with patience, it is certainly because we actually LOVE Flight Rising THAT MUCH.
And every moment spent away is us worried about our lairs, clans and pups
You guys are doing the best you can, and while as players/users we have a hard time with patience, it is certainly because we actually LOVE Flight Rising THAT MUCH.
And every moment spent away is us worried about our lairs, clans and pups

tumblr_inline_n5l9g4q8P31scrvs1.png
aww guys, things are coming along. Slowly but things are visibly happening(some might not feel this way but I can see it)
Stay healthy and rested and keep up the good work!
aww guys, things are coming along. Slowly but things are visibly happening(some might not feel this way but I can see it)
Stay healthy and rested and keep up the good work!
...and I'd like to take this moment and point out a bug that eats half the message *ahem*
ANYWAY (nutshell)
Great game, you guys do a fantastic job, we love you!!!
...and I'd like to take this moment and point out a bug that eats half the message *ahem*
ANYWAY (nutshell)
Great game, you guys do a fantastic job, we love you!!!

tumblr_inline_n5l9g4q8P31scrvs1.png
I'm an older member, and I've been through quite a bit of the slow and fast times. You guys do what you need to do and keep up the good work. Meanwhile, I'll be over here either rejoicing that it's faster than usual or minding my own business while waiting for pages to load. I know you guys are doing everything possible to get it back to where it needs to be. You did it once, and you can do it again; I have the uttermost confidence in that!

Keep up the good work and don't stress yourselves too much!
I'm an older member, and I've been through quite a bit of the slow and fast times. You guys do what you need to do and keep up the good work. Meanwhile, I'll be over here either rejoicing that it's faster than usual or minding my own business while waiting for pages to load. I know you guys are doing everything possible to get it back to where it needs to be. You did it once, and you can do it again; I have the uttermost confidence in that!

Keep up the good work and don't stress yourselves too much!
^_^ I'm just happy you guys are getting everything fixed up as fast as you can :) it's stressful on all of you but you just keep on working as hard as you can. Admin of the year awards go to you guys :D
^_^ I'm just happy you guys are getting everything fixed up as fast as you can :) it's stressful on all of you but you just keep on working as hard as you can. Admin of the year awards go to you guys :D
I too am a newb, and it is already obvious to me that those creating and maintaining this site are extremely devoted and open with their users (who, I also note with pleasure, appear to have an especially strong sense of community, likely as a result.) I will be as glad as any when the kinks are worked out but I deeply appreciate you guys and everyone else here.
I too am a newb, and it is already obvious to me that those creating and maintaining this site are extremely devoted and open with their users (who, I also note with pleasure, appear to have an especially strong sense of community, likely as a result.) I will be as glad as any when the kinks are worked out but I deeply appreciate you guys and everyone else here.
Can I at least request that it be done at a different time tomorrow? Like midnight server time? Or even 11 server time. Usually random daytime maintenance happens from as soon as I log on until I have to go to work or class, leaving me a little high and dry. Also, after today's maintenance two of my familiars will not accept my love! They keep giving errors, and I know it didn't process because one of them was supposed to give me a chest. My other 23 familiars worked fine, just these two won't. It's a Ruby Webwing and a Death's-Head-Stag, if that matters. At levels "Tolerant" and "Inquisitive."
Can I at least request that it be done at a different time tomorrow? Like midnight server time? Or even 11 server time. Usually random daytime maintenance happens from as soon as I log on until I have to go to work or class, leaving me a little high and dry. Also, after today's maintenance two of my familiars will not accept my love! They keep giving errors, and I know it didn't process because one of them was supposed to give me a chest. My other 23 familiars worked fine, just these two won't. It's a Ruby Webwing and a Death's-Head-Stag, if that matters. At levels "Tolerant" and "Inquisitive."
Vj0BLbc.png
Yanno, all things considered, the current state of affairs really isn't that bad. It's a little slow, sure, but you guys are banging out updates and doing your homework like no tomorrow. Given the circumstances, I definitely feel like things have improved, and are continuing to improve at a remarkable pace.

Not all sites handle growing pains this well, in my experience. You'll hear no lip from me :)
Yanno, all things considered, the current state of affairs really isn't that bad. It's a little slow, sure, but you guys are banging out updates and doing your homework like no tomorrow. Given the circumstances, I definitely feel like things have improved, and are continuing to improve at a remarkable pace.

Not all sites handle growing pains this well, in my experience. You'll hear no lip from me :)
3K4oOPG.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9