Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Quick Dominance Update!
1 2 3 4 5
Hello, everyone!

We have made a slight alteration to how Flight Dominance standings display and just wanted to let you know about it real quick!

How it functioned before:
Flight Dominance was properly resetting each week (don't worry about that), however, the standings display was showing activity from the last 7 days from the point you were viewing the standing list.

How it functions now:
Flight Dominance now displays the standings from the last time dominance was tallied. (In this case, the standings consist of the exaltation activity from the tally til now.)

We made this change so that standings were more accurately displayed for the week period that they were relevant to. Thank you!
Hello, everyone!

We have made a slight alteration to how Flight Dominance standings display and just wanted to let you know about it real quick!

How it functioned before:
Flight Dominance was properly resetting each week (don't worry about that), however, the standings display was showing activity from the last 7 days from the point you were viewing the standing list.

How it functions now:
Flight Dominance now displays the standings from the last time dominance was tallied. (In this case, the standings consist of the exaltation activity from the tally til now.)

We made this change so that standings were more accurately displayed for the week period that they were relevant to. Thank you!
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
@Xhaztol Thanks for the update! Although, how often is Dominance tallied?
@Xhaztol Thanks for the update! Although, how often is Dominance tallied?
Awesome! First post! Thanks for the update!

Ninja'd! Dang.
Awesome! First post! Thanks for the update!

Ninja'd! Dang.
FelisFire: Carnivorous Kitty #17877
Wajas: CanidaeCompanions #269314
The saturday to sunday changeover is when it gets tallied. Figure that 23:50 on saturday is the last minute you can exalt. As soon as it his 0:00 it's a new week and the previous week's winners are announced.
The saturday to sunday changeover is when it gets tallied. Figure that 23:50 on saturday is the last minute you can exalt. As soon as it his 0:00 it's a new week and the previous week's winners are announced.
@Xhaztol I'm not sure if I understand how this is supposed to help?
[quote name="Doiecism" date="2013-07-08 20:10:51" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=1&id=386082#386259"]@Xhaztol I'm not sure if I understand how this is supposed to help? [/quote] This change just makes Dominance standings more accurate, because they only display exaltation activity for the period those standings are relevant to (aka, the "new week"). :) Prior to this, it was displaying exaltation for [b]the last 7 days from when you visited the page[/b], which attributed to skewed activity that reached back into the previous week. This gives a more accurate representation of the competition climate for the current period. :)

This change just makes Dominance standings more accurate, because they only display exaltation activity for the period those standings are relevant to (aka, the "new week"). :) Prior to this, it was displaying exaltation for the last 7 days from when you visited the page, which attributed to skewed activity that reached back into the previous week.

This gives a more accurate representation of the competition climate for the current period. :)
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
Based on Ice's current position according to the chart, I am curious. Can a flight achieve dominance two weeks (or more) in a row?
Based on Ice's current position according to the chart, I am curious. Can a flight achieve dominance two weeks (or more) in a row?
MuwAAse.png
Wait, how is it "next week's" standings if it only shows the tally from right before changeover (which if I'm following right is when the current week's winner is determined)? That sounds more like last week's standings...
Wait, how is it "next week's" standings if it only shows the tally from right before changeover (which if I'm following right is when the current week's winner is determined)? That sounds more like last week's standings...
Chewy Tentacle
@Xhaztol Oh ok I see! Thank you so much for the clarification! <3
@Xhaztol Oh ok I see! Thank you so much for the clarification! <3
@thestorieswesay Ice has already proven that a flight can win two weeks in a row. There is no mechanic preventing it; they&#039;d simply have to exalt more than any other flight in the week, which can easily be done on the last day.
@thestorieswesay Ice has already proven that a flight can win two weeks in a row. There is no mechanic preventing it; they&#039;d simply have to exalt more than any other flight in the week, which can easily be done on the last day.
Tn4TEAZ.png
More tired of my treatment team than the cancer at this point
1 2 3 4 5