Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Services Subforum - Master List
1 2
Edit: HAHA, went to go make an edit and found a lot of these threads have cropped up in suggestions.

1. "Services" Section in the Fourms - xXShiverXx
  2. We Need A Services Subforum - Amut (This thread originally)
  3. Services forum section - CapriciousCrony (Dec. 2018)
  4. Services Forum - Gelid (Dec. 2017)
  5. "Services" forum - PiecesOSky (Jul, 2017)
  6. New Forum: Services - Kedreeva (Feb. 2017)
  7. Forum Suggestion: Services - Banyan (June, 2016)
  8. Items for sale forum needs to be split? - lunawolf (July, 2015)

Can we agree that we've needed/wanted a Services area for quite a few years now? Basically from the game's start, actually.

What it says on the tin.

Make a new subforum for Services.

ex.
  • Added 02/19 Dedicated Gem : Treasure Converters
  • Cauldron Rentals / Recruiting Brewers/ Renderers
  • Pay for Coli Grinding / Training
  • Renting Grinding Dragon Teams
  • Dom Shops (does sell items, but actually is running a dom-benefit MP sharing service)
  • Custom Bio Coding Writers/Debuggers (not exactly art, but is a service)
  • Dragon Costumers (would probably pull from Dragon Share)
  • Nest Rentals (sug. by @/Avessa) (would pull it out of Dragon Trading)
  • Whatever else people come up with as the site adds new features

I think it just clutters up the Items for Sale forum to have people selling cauldron rendering services in between gem-exchanges and someone hawking their retired UMs sets, and burying the person selling foods and someone else selling their Celebration Sage sets. Since the cauldron rentals are a recurring service, they'll keep circulating back to the top, but the sales are by definition finite.

There seems to be enough people who just do services that they could probably use their own forum to advertise, rather than lump in with people selling items. Ex. Even though both of these users have something to do with Clothes Items. One person is selling clothes; Someone else is selling outfit designs but does not sell clothes, but both float around in Item Sales.

Edit: HAHA, went to go make an edit and found a lot of these threads have cropped up in suggestions.

1. "Services" Section in the Fourms - xXShiverXx
  2. We Need A Services Subforum - Amut (This thread originally)
  3. Services forum section - CapriciousCrony (Dec. 2018)
  4. Services Forum - Gelid (Dec. 2017)
  5. "Services" forum - PiecesOSky (Jul, 2017)
  6. New Forum: Services - Kedreeva (Feb. 2017)
  7. Forum Suggestion: Services - Banyan (June, 2016)
  8. Items for sale forum needs to be split? - lunawolf (July, 2015)

Can we agree that we've needed/wanted a Services area for quite a few years now? Basically from the game's start, actually.

What it says on the tin.

Make a new subforum for Services.

ex.
  • Added 02/19 Dedicated Gem : Treasure Converters
  • Cauldron Rentals / Recruiting Brewers/ Renderers
  • Pay for Coli Grinding / Training
  • Renting Grinding Dragon Teams
  • Dom Shops (does sell items, but actually is running a dom-benefit MP sharing service)
  • Custom Bio Coding Writers/Debuggers (not exactly art, but is a service)
  • Dragon Costumers (would probably pull from Dragon Share)
  • Nest Rentals (sug. by @/Avessa) (would pull it out of Dragon Trading)
  • Whatever else people come up with as the site adds new features

I think it just clutters up the Items for Sale forum to have people selling cauldron rendering services in between gem-exchanges and someone hawking their retired UMs sets, and burying the person selling foods and someone else selling their Celebration Sage sets. Since the cauldron rentals are a recurring service, they'll keep circulating back to the top, but the sales are by definition finite.

There seems to be enough people who just do services that they could probably use their own forum to advertise, rather than lump in with people selling items. Ex. Even though both of these users have something to do with Clothes Items. One person is selling clothes; Someone else is selling outfit designs but does not sell clothes, but both float around in Item Sales.

Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
I can support this as I often use a grinding service during the holidays and it would be a nightmare to find if I didn't have it bookmarked.

The big nest rental service could go in here as well.
I can support this as I often use a grinding service during the holidays and it would be a nightmare to find if I didn't have it bookmarked.

The big nest rental service could go in here as well.
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
Support, it really shouldn't go in Item Sales but we don't have anywhere else to put them.
Support, it really shouldn't go in Item Sales but we don't have anywhere else to put them.
wq9PoXA.png
Support, so long as there's heavy moderation checks at first to prevent people just putting threads in both forums.
Support, so long as there's heavy moderation checks at first to prevent people just putting threads in both forums.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
This would be very helpful! There're enough 'services' that people do spread around the site that could warrant a new subform.
This would be very helpful! There're enough 'services' that people do spread around the site that could warrant a new subform.
Nq0eoGi.png
I would actually love this and think its a great idea. Shoving them all into items sales makes it harder to find services that aren't actually selling items but services. I do think heavy modification in the beginning would really benefit the forum too.
I would actually love this and think its a great idea. Shoving them all into items sales makes it harder to find services that aren't actually selling items but services. I do think heavy modification in the beginning would really benefit the forum too.
XriSV9h.gif
As a player who has started to rent out their cauldron for festivals to try and level up, I support.
As a player who has started to rent out their cauldron for festivals to try and level up, I support.
output-onlinepngtools.pngI refuse...
Support, I think this is a really nice idea
Support, I think this is a really nice idea
CLVpsxr.gif
Adding an additional suggestion.

It might also be wise to sticky the specific sections as official lists.

Then users could update their posts inside the stickied threads for their availabliity (or delete their posts outright if they're done).

Then the regular threads undernearth the stickied sections could probably be used for Interests Checks or people who just want to one-off offer services to test the waters for themselves.

I think another good inclusion for a Service is Gem : Treasure converting, because there are a few regular faces I keep seeing in Items for sale and their specific deal is only buying, selling /converting gems and treasure.

Heavily agreed on needing Hard Moderation at first. To the point where I think we should probably have a Dedicated Moderator or, preferably, TWO to move threads and be strict about double-posting. (Maybe also include a bit for post reporting so people don't abuse it.)
Adding an additional suggestion.

It might also be wise to sticky the specific sections as official lists.

Then users could update their posts inside the stickied threads for their availabliity (or delete their posts outright if they're done).

Then the regular threads undernearth the stickied sections could probably be used for Interests Checks or people who just want to one-off offer services to test the waters for themselves.

I think another good inclusion for a Service is Gem : Treasure converting, because there are a few regular faces I keep seeing in Items for sale and their specific deal is only buying, selling /converting gems and treasure.

Heavily agreed on needing Hard Moderation at first. To the point where I think we should probably have a Dedicated Moderator or, preferably, TWO to move threads and be strict about double-posting. (Maybe also include a bit for post reporting so people don't abuse it.)
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
i really like this idea! it'd definitely help a lot of people navigate a lot of the forums easier.
i really like this idea! it'd definitely help a lot of people navigate a lot of the forums easier.
i kneel & wait in silence
kiss the ground & slip away
1 2