Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Update] Rules & Policies (Feb 22, 2024)
Hello everyone! We've made some big changes to the [b]Rules and Guidelines[/b] and [b]Forum Code of Conduct[/b]! Instead of two (2) separate sets of rules, we now have [b]one[/b] (1) set of rules and policies for both account and forum behavior. [b]There are two (2) sections[/b]: [list][*][b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/115001242143]The Code of Conduct[/url][/b] covers both [b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004957106]Forum Etiquette[/url][/b] and our rules regarding harassment and obscenity. [*][b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/115001438903]The Policies[/url][/b], which lay out our overall guidelines and expectations for players when interacting with the website, other players, volunteers, and our employees.[/list] If you follow the above links, you'll find the [i]Flight Rising[/i] Rules & Policies are now located in our [b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us]Knowledge Base[/url][/b]. [br] ----- [br] [b][size=4]Why the change?[/size][/b] Our goal is to give you a single set of rules and policies in an easier to read format. We've wanted to merge the Rules and Guidelines and Forum Code of Conduct into one set of rules and policies for some time now. Having two separate documents was overwhelming and often confusing; however, we didn't want to continue building a giant wall of text for you to sort through. [br] [b][size=4]I want to give feedback but this post is locked. What do I do?[/size][/b] If you would like to give feedback on our rules or policies, please send us a message through [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/site/contact-us]Contact Us[/url][/b] with the title [b]'Rules & Policies.'[/b] You can read more on how to give feedback in this [b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005918783-How-to-Submit-Feedback]support article[/url][/b]. [br] [b][size=4]This all sounds scary, you talk about account closure a lot. I don't want to lose my account![/size][/b] We mention 'account closure' often because there are offenses that lead to account closure [i]without[/i] going up the warning/suspensions escalation path. We don't want to scare anyone but we also need to be very clear about the more serious offenses and their penalties. If your account is closed, in almost all cases players may return on a new account. As long as our rules and policies are followed, that account will be allowed to remain open. Having your account closed on the first offense means it was a severe violation of our rules or Terms, like cheating through the use of bots, extensions that play the game for you, or multiple accounts. [br] [b][size=4]Why is this hosted through the [i]Flight Rising[/i] Zendesk Knowledge Base and not on the [i]Flight Rising[/i] website?[/size][/b] Rather than redirect valuable engineering time to creating our own dynamic encyclopedia for our rules and policies, this is an out-of-the-box option already available to us. In using the existing Knowledge Base, you will be able to search, find, and link to specific rules or policies. On our end, we will be able to add, remove, and update as needed with greater efficiency and transparency. Our [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/site/terms-use]Terms of Use[/url][/b] and our [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/site/privacy-policy]Privacy Policy[/url][/b] will remain on our website. [br] [b][size=4]If you add something to an existing article or policy, how will we know what you add?[/size][/b] If we add a clarification or update an existing article, addition/update will have a note marking the date of the change. If we add a new article or policy, it will be announced in the Site Status box on our [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/]front page[/url][/b]. [br] ----- [br] [b]Please read through our merged rules and policies at your earliest convenience.[/b]The first article you should read is the [b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004336543]Introduction[/url][/b] as it covers the basics and lays out how we investigate rule violations. [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2356771#post_31304371]You can also read it in this post here.[/url][/b] As always, if you have any questions or feedback, please send us a message through [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/site/contact-us]Contact Us[/url][/b]. We may not be able to provide you with a personalized reply but all feedback is documented for the [i]Flight Rising[/i] team to review.
Hello everyone!

We've made some big changes to the Rules and Guidelines and Forum Code of Conduct! Instead of two (2) separate sets of rules, we now have one (1) set of rules and policies for both account and forum behavior.

There are two (2) sections:
  • The Code of Conduct covers both Forum Etiquette and our rules regarding harassment and obscenity.
  • The Policies, which lay out our overall guidelines and expectations for players when interacting with the website, other players, volunteers, and our employees.

If you follow the above links, you'll find the Flight Rising Rules & Policies are now located in our Knowledge Base.

Why the change?

Our goal is to give you a single set of rules and policies in an easier to read format.

We've wanted to merge the Rules and Guidelines and Forum Code of Conduct into one set of rules and policies for some time now. Having two separate documents was overwhelming and often confusing; however, we didn't want to continue building a giant wall of text for you to sort through.

I want to give feedback but this post is locked. What do I do?

If you would like to give feedback on our rules or policies, please send us a message through Contact Us with the title 'Rules & Policies.' You can read more on how to give feedback in this support article.

This all sounds scary, you talk about account closure a lot. I don't want to lose my account!

We mention 'account closure' often because there are offenses that lead to account closure without going up the warning/suspensions escalation path. We don't want to scare anyone but we also need to be very clear about the more serious offenses and their penalties. If your account is closed, in almost all cases players may return on a new account. As long as our rules and policies are followed, that account will be allowed to remain open.

Having your account closed on the first offense means it was a severe violation of our rules or Terms, like cheating through the use of bots, extensions that play the game for you, or multiple accounts.

Why is this hosted through the Flight Rising Zendesk Knowledge Base and not on the Flight Rising website?

Rather than redirect valuable engineering time to creating our own dynamic encyclopedia for our rules and policies, this is an out-of-the-box option already available to us. In using the existing Knowledge Base, you will be able to search, find, and link to specific rules or policies. On our end, we will be able to add, remove, and update as needed with greater efficiency and transparency.

Our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy will remain on our website.

If you add something to an existing article or policy, how will we know what you add?

If we add a clarification or update an existing article, addition/update will have a note marking the date of the change.

If we add a new article or policy, it will be announced in the Site Status box on our front page.

Please read through our merged rules and policies at your earliest convenience.The first article you should read is the Introduction as it covers the basics and lays out how we investigate rule violations. You can also read it in this post here.

As always, if you have any questions or feedback, please send us a message through Contact Us. We may not be able to provide you with a personalized reply but all feedback is documented for the Flight Rising team to review.
Rather than have two separate sets of rules where one applies to account penalties and the other to forum behavior, we have created a single set of rules, guidelines, and policies which apply to both overall account behavior and what is posted in the Flight Rising forums.

We have broken our rules and policies into two separate parts:
  • The Code of Conduct covers both Forum Etiquette and our rules regarding harassment and obscenity. 
  • The Policies, which lay out our overall guidelines and expectations for players when interacting with the website, other players, volunteers, and our employees.

NOTE: While we have done our best to provide you with a clear set of examples, it is not possible to account for every scenario.

What happens when a Flight Rising Support team member investigates a report?
When we investigate a report or possible violation, we keep in mind the following:
  • Context
  • Severity
  • Intent
  • Account history

What this means is if something is posted with the intent to harass, shock, offend, find or exploit a loophole, and/or the account has a history of posting such content to the Flight Rising website, it doesn’t matter if the specific scenario or example isn't listed in this document.

In other words, “I’m not touching you” didn’t work in kindergarten and it isn’t going to work now.

Where do these rules apply?
These rules apply anywhere a player can input text on the Flight Rising website.

While we do not moderate off-site content, we do moderate content posted on our website that links to off-site, rule violating content.

Example: A player has linked to a gallery of sexually explicit content in a dragon's profile. Even though the player has not linked a direct image, they have still posted a link on the Flight Rising website that leads to content that violates our rules. This link would be removed.

I don't have to read all of it, right?
Use of our website constitutes agreement to our rules. That means if you break a rule, the appropriate penalty will still be applied, regardless of whether or not you've read them.
Rather than have two separate sets of rules where one applies to account penalties and the other to forum behavior, we have created a single set of rules, guidelines, and policies which apply to both overall account behavior and what is posted in the Flight Rising forums.

We have broken our rules and policies into two separate parts:
  • The Code of Conduct covers both Forum Etiquette and our rules regarding harassment and obscenity. 

NOTE: While we have done our best to provide you with a clear set of examples, it is not possible to account for every scenario.

What happens when a Flight Rising Support team member investigates a report?
When we investigate a report or possible violation, we keep in mind the following:
  • Context
  • Severity
  • Intent
  • Account history

What this means is if something is posted with the intent to harass, shock, offend, find or exploit a loophole, and/or the account has a history of posting such content to the Flight Rising website, it doesn’t matter if the specific scenario or example isn't listed in this document.

In other words, “I’m not touching you” didn’t work in kindergarten and it isn’t going to work now.

Where do these rules apply?
These rules apply anywhere a player can input text on the Flight Rising website.

While we do not moderate off-site content, we do moderate content posted on our website that links to off-site, rule violating content.

Example: A player has linked to a gallery of sexually explicit content in a dragon's profile. Even though the player has not linked a direct image, they have still posted a link on the Flight Rising website that leads to content that violates our rules. This link would be removed.

I don't have to read all of it, right?
Use of our website constitutes agreement to our rules. That means if you break a rule, the appropriate penalty will still be applied, regardless of whether or not you've read them.
We've made some changes to our [b]Cross-Site Trading Policy[/b]. We now have one single article dedicated to both [I]Flight Rising[/I] trades and cross-site trades called [b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045766772]Trading: FR Trades & Cross-Site Trades.[/url][/b] [b]This update replaces the previous Cross-Site Trading Policy.[/b] It addresses several types of trades or questions that have come up since the last time this policy was updated. Sections marked with [I](July 13, 2020)[/I] are either new to the policy or additional clarification. We encourage our community to read the updated trading policy in full at your earliest convenience. When you do, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the definitions at the start of the article. [b]We've also included this list below:[/b] [info][b]For the purpose of this policy, “trading” is defined as:[/b] When a player exchanges [i]Flight Rising[/i] items, dragons, or currency with another player for [i]Flight Rising[/i] items, dragons, or currency. [b]“Cross-site trading” is defined as:[/b] When a player who plays [i]Flight Rising[/i] and another virtual pet game wants to exchange [i]Flight Rising[/i] items, dragons, or currency with another player for the other virtual pet game’s virtual items. Cross-site trading is done at the player's own risk. [b]“Supported” is defined as:[/b] In the event something goes wrong with the trade, [i]Flight Rising[/i] Support will be able to provide assistance. [b]“Unsupported” is defined as:[/b] In the event something goes wrong with the trade, [i]Flight Rising[/i] Support will not be able to provide assistance. [/info] Thank you for reading and happy trading! [emoji=new friend size=1]
We've made some changes to our Cross-Site Trading Policy. We now have one single article dedicated to both Flight Rising trades and cross-site trades called Trading: FR Trades & Cross-Site Trades.

This update replaces the previous Cross-Site Trading Policy. It addresses several types of trades or questions that have come up since the last time this policy was updated. Sections marked with (July 13, 2020) are either new to the policy or additional clarification.

We encourage our community to read the updated trading policy in full at your earliest convenience. When you do, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the definitions at the start of the article. We've also included this list below:
For the purpose of this policy, “trading” is defined as: When a player exchanges Flight Rising items, dragons, or currency with another player for Flight Rising items, dragons, or currency.

“Cross-site trading” is defined as: When a player who plays Flight Rising and another virtual pet game wants to exchange Flight Rising items, dragons, or currency with another player for the other virtual pet game’s virtual items. Cross-site trading is done at the player's own risk.

“Supported” is defined as: In the event something goes wrong with the trade, Flight Rising Support will be able to provide assistance.

“Unsupported” is defined as: In the event something goes wrong with the trade, Flight Rising Support will not be able to provide assistance.

Thank you for reading and happy trading!
Hello everyone! We’ve recently updated several articles in our Knowledge Base. Our goal with these updates is to address moderation and community needs. They're based on site history, player reports submitted to us, and the evolving nature of online communities.

Some articles received significant updates with new titles, and some articles only received updates. To help you understand these changes, we've provided you with a short glossary below.

Articles with new titles

Account & Support:
  • "How do account penalties work?" is now "Account Penalties Explained".

Code of Conduct:
  • "Introduction" is now "Overview & Supplemental".
  • "Obscene & Vulgar" is now "Inappropriate Content & Conduct".
  • "How to Submit Feedback" is now "Non-Gameplay Feedback".

Updated Articles

The Updates
  • New rules are marked by (May 26, 2022) in superscript.
  • Clarifications are marked with (Updated May 26, 2022) in superscript.
  • Articles listed above marked as (overhauled) no longer look like their previous version. They have new formatting, maybe new rules, and have expanded clarifications of existing rules or policies. Any new rules added to overhauled articles will be marked as noted above.

Please take the time to read through these updates at your earliest convenience. Thank you!

(edit note: Corrected the timestamp example from 'March' to 'May'.)
Hello everyone! We’ve recently updated several articles in our Knowledge Base. Our goal with these updates is to address moderation and community needs. They're based on site history, player reports submitted to us, and the evolving nature of online communities.

Some articles received significant updates with new titles, and some articles only received updates. To help you understand these changes, we've provided you with a short glossary below.

Articles with new titles

Account & Support:
  • "How do account penalties work?" is now "Account Penalties Explained".

Code of Conduct:
  • "Introduction" is now "Overview & Supplemental".
  • "Obscene & Vulgar" is now "Inappropriate Content & Conduct".
  • "How to Submit Feedback" is now "Non-Gameplay Feedback".

Updated Articles

The Updates
  • New rules are marked by (May 26, 2022) in superscript.
  • Clarifications are marked with (Updated May 26, 2022) in superscript.
  • Articles listed above marked as (overhauled) no longer look like their previous version. They have new formatting, maybe new rules, and have expanded clarifications of existing rules or policies. Any new rules added to overhauled articles will be marked as noted above.

Please take the time to read through these updates at your earliest convenience. Thank you!

(edit note: Corrected the timestamp example from 'March' to 'May'.)
We've updated our Forum Etiquette article found under our Code of Conduct in Rules & Policies. Today's updates are based on site history, player reports submitted to us, and the evolving nature of online communities.
  • Clarifications are marked by a (Updated June 1, 2022) in superscript.
  • New rules are marked by a (June 1, 2022) in superscript.

We have also introduced a new policy on URL shorteners. This information can be found in both Forum Etiquette and in the new policy article titled: URL Shorteners.

Our article on Harassment had broken links which are now fixed.
We've updated our Forum Etiquette article found under our Code of Conduct in Rules & Policies. Today's updates are based on site history, player reports submitted to us, and the evolving nature of online communities.
  • Clarifications are marked by a (Updated June 1, 2022) in superscript.
  • New rules are marked by a (June 1, 2022) in superscript.

We have also introduced a new policy on URL shorteners. This information can be found in both Forum Etiquette and in the new policy article titled: URL Shorteners.

Our article on Harassment had broken links which are now fixed.
The following Rules & Policies updates were updated and [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3317140#post_3317140]originally announced[/url][/b] on [b]February 22, 2024[/b]: [list][*][b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005005646-Religion-Politics]Religious Images & Iconography[/url][/b] [*][b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/23166022959643-AI-Images-Writing-Videos]AI Images, Writing, Videos[/url][/b] [*][b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045766772-Trading-FR-Trades-Cross-Site-Trades]Cross-Site Trading[/url][/b] [*][b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004336543-Overview-Supplemental]Do not broadcast, advertise, or otherwise highlight or call attention to your age.[/url][/b][/list] [info]This is not a new update. Today's post is documentation of the February 22, 2024 update previously communicated in the [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3317140#post_3317140]Updates, Misinformation, & Moderation[/url][/b] thread.[/info]
The following Rules & Policies updates were updated and originally announced on February 22, 2024:

This is not a new update. Today's post is documentation of the February 22, 2024 update previously communicated in the Updates, Misinformation, & Moderation thread.