Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Discussion: Favorite Gene Combination!
1 2
[br][center][b][size=5]Favorite Gene Combination[/size][/b][/center] [br][br] [center]Discuss your favorites from this week's theme here![/center] [br][br] ----- [br][br] [center][b][size=4]Familiar Matching![/size][/b][/center] [br] [center][b][size=4]@SteampunkDragon's Roderick! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22264650] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/222647/22264650_350.png[/img] [/url][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/338.png[/img] [br][br][br] @SchwarzwindSin's Morpheus! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2386301] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/23864/2386301_350.png[/img] [/url][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/21432.png[/img] [br][br][br] @Acornstar's Swamp! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27057365] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/270574/27057365_350.png[/img] [/url][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/16256.png[/img][/size][/b][/center]

Favorite Gene Combination

Discuss your favorites from this week's theme here!

Familiar Matching!

@SteampunkDragon's Roderick!

22264650_350.png
338.png

@SchwarzwindSin's Morpheus!

2386301_350.png
21432.png

@Acornstar's Swamp!

27057365_350.png
16256.png
Congrats to the Familiar Matchers! Great choices!

Now as for Gene Combos, to me that depends on the dragon and the colors - but I am loving seeing so many different combos so far.
Congrats to the Familiar Matchers! Great choices!

Now as for Gene Combos, to me that depends on the dragon and the colors - but I am loving seeing so many different combos so far.
An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
@Aequorin
are we only allowed to post one dragon with that gene combo? just want to make sure since I have more than one with my fave combo. ;u;
edit: well two that I really love, and I would love to post both! but I can do with one if that's the limit~

edit: nvm, sorry for the ping~
@Aequorin
are we only allowed to post one dragon with that gene combo? just want to make sure since I have more than one with my fave combo. ;u;
edit: well two that I really love, and I would love to post both! but I can do with one if that's the limit~

edit: nvm, sorry for the ping~
fellefansigadopts1.gifartshopN.png
_
F E L L E F A N
call me Fella
Artist | 25 | +9h | he/she
• Dragonsona
• DeviantArt
• Linktree
• Speedpaints
• Characters______________
my-emblem-sig.png
@Guardianite That's a really cool scry! I hope you're able to breed/find them one day!
@Guardianite That's a really cool scry! I hope you're able to breed/find them one day!
- Ping me plenty!

- If I'm holding your dragon(s) and my account appears inactive, their bio will tell you how to get ahold of me.
Congrats! Very nice matching
Congrats! Very nice matching
giphy.gif
@Watercolour

We chose the same Gene Combo. It's awesome, though. And I'm sure others agree Skink/Spinner/Rune is a good one.
@Watercolour

We chose the same Gene Combo. It's awesome, though. And I'm sure others agree Skink/Spinner/Rune is a good one.
MementoMoe
@MementoMoe Ya it's a really good combo! :D
@MementoMoe Ya it's a really good combo! :D
___________________ adoptable by #40738 ___ petal . she/they . frt +4
Man, when I first saw this thread I thought it's be full of pet/but/glim and other matching, expensive combos. I was surprised and glad to see so many different combinations as favorites.

@Morhighana Cherub/Butterfly/Glimmer is a very solid combo, but Sanguiluna absolutely rocks it with her high-contrast Back/Red/Gold look.

@StarlightPrince It's unusual to see someone sharing crackle as one of their favorites, but Demeter looks very clean with it - i think the two-tone tarnish and her overall off-blue and brown look ties it together perfectly.

@unheardPatroness Eyespots is so under-loved IMHO, but April's soft coloration makes it look very natural, like something you'd see on a moth.

@Gypsum *skink/spin high-fives across the internet* I love it too, especially with matching terts, whatever they may be. I'm also a huge sucker for gold, so Judas wins my heart.

@ZeroEscape I hate gembond, but I love Lust. I don't know what it is about her coloration/ genes/whatever, but you've managed to pull off her look magnificently!

@Sassapphire YES! Copper crystal is so stunning, and that Opal has just the right mix of primary and secondary colours to not be too clashing.

@Chaos199 I would have never thought of Falcon/Saturn, but Narka rocks it hard!

@minnylynx Poison/Butterfly was my first love, when I first joined FR. Especially white or obsidian poisons. You've matched them very well, especially on kornerupine with his matching tert.

@houseteeth Black clown is very stunning - I find most colours don't do that gene justice. I agree that it works very well with blues.

@Wizjonerka @azhdrake Skink/Contour is one of my favorites as well (when the tert matches the accent colour). While glimmer or UB would be my go-to, I feel bad covering up that lovely gradient, so I prefer runes and contour too.

@Lilydew I realy don't see enough stained appreciation, and you've given Khamseen a very soft, war look with it. :)

@XrayAngel I agree!Safari and Thylacine look so nice together - much nicer than with any other stripy secondary

@Rosarian <3 stained. I remember when it first came out it got a lot of hate, but it realy has settled in and made some lovely soft dragons like Camellia's pink-lemonade look.

@Copperhead dark thylacine for life. I agree that it makes wonderful patterns when combined with poison or vipera (And has good potential for savannah)

@Nephalem oh my goodness. Blah Blah, Skink/spinner, Yah yah. But SILVER SKINK/SPIN WITH FIRE OPAL ?!?!?! How did I not notice this before - that's absolutely stunning!

Man, when I first saw this thread I thought it's be full of pet/but/glim and other matching, expensive combos. I was surprised and glad to see so many different combinations as favorites.

@Morhighana Cherub/Butterfly/Glimmer is a very solid combo, but Sanguiluna absolutely rocks it with her high-contrast Back/Red/Gold look.

@StarlightPrince It's unusual to see someone sharing crackle as one of their favorites, but Demeter looks very clean with it - i think the two-tone tarnish and her overall off-blue and brown look ties it together perfectly.

@unheardPatroness Eyespots is so under-loved IMHO, but April's soft coloration makes it look very natural, like something you'd see on a moth.

@Gypsum *skink/spin high-fives across the internet* I love it too, especially with matching terts, whatever they may be. I'm also a huge sucker for gold, so Judas wins my heart.

@ZeroEscape I hate gembond, but I love Lust. I don't know what it is about her coloration/ genes/whatever, but you've managed to pull off her look magnificently!

@Sassapphire YES! Copper crystal is so stunning, and that Opal has just the right mix of primary and secondary colours to not be too clashing.

@Chaos199 I would have never thought of Falcon/Saturn, but Narka rocks it hard!

@minnylynx Poison/Butterfly was my first love, when I first joined FR. Especially white or obsidian poisons. You've matched them very well, especially on kornerupine with his matching tert.

@houseteeth Black clown is very stunning - I find most colours don't do that gene justice. I agree that it works very well with blues.

@Wizjonerka @azhdrake Skink/Contour is one of my favorites as well (when the tert matches the accent colour). While glimmer or UB would be my go-to, I feel bad covering up that lovely gradient, so I prefer runes and contour too.

@Lilydew I realy don't see enough stained appreciation, and you've given Khamseen a very soft, war look with it. :)

@XrayAngel I agree!Safari and Thylacine look so nice together - much nicer than with any other stripy secondary

@Rosarian <3 stained. I remember when it first came out it got a lot of hate, but it realy has settled in and made some lovely soft dragons like Camellia's pink-lemonade look.

@Copperhead dark thylacine for life. I agree that it makes wonderful patterns when combined with poison or vipera (And has good potential for savannah)

@Nephalem oh my goodness. Blah Blah, Skink/spinner, Yah yah. But SILVER SKINK/SPIN WITH FIRE OPAL ?!?!?! How did I not notice this before - that's absolutely stunning!

@SilverLately yes! It really comes down to choosing the right colors as well. Having a light colored Thylacine on a darker primary/secondary just kind of ruins it because of the color fade behind the stripes.

Another good combo, if you prefer simpler dragons (I usually do) is Savannah/Safari/Runes. It works especially well on Guardians!
@SilverLately yes! It really comes down to choosing the right colors as well. Having a light colored Thylacine on a darker primary/secondary just kind of ruins it because of the color fade behind the stripes.

Another good combo, if you prefer simpler dragons (I usually do) is Savannah/Safari/Runes. It works especially well on Guardians!
CUTQvya.gif
@SilverLately Ah thank you! It works perfect when the colours are in the same colour range
@SilverLately Ah thank you! It works perfect when the colours are in the same colour range
image.pnglMoMteR.pngimage.png
1 2