Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 753 754
I'm just curious but why did the other Couriers stop showing up as their avatars?

We get deliveries from all three of them still, but Edgar is the only one to show his avatar now.

I miss the other two, Pearl and Spitfire.
I'm just curious but why did the other Couriers stop showing up as their avatars?

We get deliveries from all three of them still, but Edgar is the only one to show his avatar now.

My Art Shop (CLOSED for now)
Will the random site downtimes ever be explained? (I'm not talking about the maintenance after rollover.) It seems to happen at least once a day, usually about three hours after rollover, but occasionally later. No explanation has been offered for this, and I was just wondering what the reason was.

Thanks.
Will the random site downtimes ever be explained? (I'm not talking about the maintenance after rollover.) It seems to happen at least once a day, usually about three hours after rollover, but occasionally later. No explanation has been offered for this, and I was just wondering what the reason was.

Thanks.
9XjxFmm.png FR +10 skKqZtO.png
Sort of a strange question, but is there any official stance on one user duplicating another user's dragon? For instance, a Thor fan-dragon with forgetools is fairly common and to be expected (and what prompted my wondering about this), but if User X were to duplicate User Y's dragon right down to the name, breed, genes, apparel, and accent, would it be considered a form of harassment? What if User X copy/pasted several of User Y's dragons, or even an entire page?

I realize the site is still comparatively small due to closed reg, but it seems like this could become an issue.
Sort of a strange question, but is there any official stance on one user duplicating another user's dragon? For instance, a Thor fan-dragon with forgetools is fairly common and to be expected (and what prompted my wondering about this), but if User X were to duplicate User Y's dragon right down to the name, breed, genes, apparel, and accent, would it be considered a form of harassment? What if User X copy/pasted several of User Y's dragons, or even an entire page?

I realize the site is still comparatively small due to closed reg, but it seems like this could become an issue.
tumblr_o2ivzpFeFE1uzmlc4o1_500.gif
[quote]What would happen if two flights won dominance the same week with the EXACT SAME ratio of exalts, levels, and active users? Would both win 1st? I know that is very VERY unlikely, but still, who'd win?[/quote] The Flight with the lowest elemental ID would probably win; however, it is astronomically unlikely that an identical ratio will ever happen, even if players were trying to achieve one. Someone will always be just a little bit ahead, from the combination of number of dragons exalted + their level + the amount of active players per flight. If it ever did happen we might step in to make sure it's fair, but it's about as close to impossible as it comes! :) [br][br] [quote]During [i]Night of the Nocturne[/i], chest gave us the false bear Familiars. Next year will the phony bears be available again or will there be versions of next year's holiday Familiars?[/quote] The phony bears are currently [b]cycled[/b], not retired. The 2014 bears and their counterparts will be available during next [i]Night of the Nocturne[/i], but at much lower ratios. 2015 bears and their phony counterparts will be more likely. We have no plans at this time to include elemental holiday Familiars except the bears in the [i]Night of the Nocturne[/i] event at this time. [br][br] [quote]Also, are skin items real physical changes to a dragon, or just body paint/magical holograms (for example, would a dragon with a skin like the Trickmurk Circus's Dullahan really be headless)?[/quote] The lore explanation for skin items is that it's paint. However, if you create a skin for a dragon and think that that's how the dragon really looks, that's fine too! Have fun! [br][br] [quote]I know you can't give an ETA for various projects and that, but would it be possible to let us know if they are still planned and if they are give a preview or bigger description/blurb or various projects mentioned in the Launch Plans. We know a fair amount about Baldwin's Brew, but with things like Adventure and DragonMeet it would be nice to know a bit more.[/quote] Usually, until significant development and resources have gone into a feature, we prefer not to release information on features. Long-term features are likely to change, evolve and grow over time. In the case of some of the items mentioned in our Launch Plans: we regret that they were not ready for launch, but are absolutely something we're still committed to. [br][br] [quote]Something that just came up in our Light Flight Dominance Roleplay: Do Beastclan and Dragons speak the same language, or different ones? Do they have some sort of Pidgin to communicate if it's the latter?[/quote] Beastclan and dragons do not speak the same language, though it is possible for a dragon to learn a particular beastclan's language and visa versa. [br][br] [quote]I'm just curious but why did the other Couriers stop showing up as their avatars? We get deliveries from all three of them still, but Edgar is the only one to show his avatar now. I miss the other two, Pearl and Spitfire.[/quote] This is a known issue, but it happened around the time that we transitioned to the new message center on www1. Right now they are suffering a bit of an identity crisis! [br][br] [quote]Sort of a strange question, but is there any official stance on one user duplicating another user's dragon? For instance, a Thor fan-dragon with forgetools is fairly common and to be expected (and what prompted my wondering about this), but if User X were to duplicate User Y's dragon right down to the name, breed, genes, apparel, and accent, would it be considered a form of harassment? What if User X copy/pasted several of User Y's dragons, or even an entire page? I realize the site is still comparatively small due to closed reg, but it seems like this could become an issue.[/quote] We investigate and determine harassment on a case-by-case basis. Context and intent are important. Duplicating entire lairs, descriptions, and what-not in an attempt to clone or troll will be investigated if reported by the players involved; If the players involved are happy and trying to create twin-lairs, that's one thing. If a player is trolling another player by attempting to duplicate their dragons and stories, that's another. Fan-dragons are given a bit more leeway because the mash-up and concept behind them is not unique.
Quote:
What would happen if two flights won dominance the same week with the EXACT SAME ratio of exalts, levels, and active users? Would both win 1st?

I know that is very VERY unlikely, but still, who'd win?

The Flight with the lowest elemental ID would probably win; however, it is astronomically unlikely that an identical ratio will ever happen, even if players were trying to achieve one. Someone will always be just a little bit ahead, from the combination of number of dragons exalted + their level + the amount of active players per flight. If it ever did happen we might step in to make sure it's fair, but it's about as close to impossible as it comes! :)

Quote:
During Night of the Nocturne, chest gave us the false bear Familiars. Next year will the phony bears be available again or will there be versions of next year's holiday Familiars?

The phony bears are currently cycled, not retired. The 2014 bears and their counterparts will be available during next Night of the Nocturne, but at much lower ratios. 2015 bears and their phony counterparts will be more likely. We have no plans at this time to include elemental holiday Familiars except the bears in the Night of the Nocturne event at this time.

Quote:
Also, are skin items real physical changes to a dragon, or just body paint/magical holograms (for example, would a dragon with a skin like the Trickmurk Circus's Dullahan really be headless)?

The lore explanation for skin items is that it's paint. However, if you create a skin for a dragon and think that that's how the dragon really looks, that's fine too! Have fun!

Quote:
I know you can't give an ETA for various projects and that, but would it be possible to let us know if they are still planned and if they are give a preview or bigger description/blurb or various projects mentioned in the Launch Plans. We know a fair amount about Baldwin's Brew, but with things like Adventure and DragonMeet it would be nice to know a bit more.

Usually, until significant development and resources have gone into a feature, we prefer not to release information on features. Long-term features are likely to change, evolve and grow over time. In the case of some of the items mentioned in our Launch Plans: we regret that they were not ready for launch, but are absolutely something we're still committed to.

Quote:
Something that just came up in our Light Flight Dominance Roleplay: Do Beastclan and Dragons speak the same language, or different ones? Do they have some sort of Pidgin to communicate if it's the latter?

Beastclan and dragons do not speak the same language, though it is possible for a dragon to learn a particular beastclan's language and visa versa.

Quote:

This is a known issue, but it happened around the time that we transitioned to the new message center on www1. Right now they are suffering a bit of an identity crisis!

Quote:

We investigate and determine harassment on a case-by-case basis. Context and intent are important.

Duplicating entire lairs, descriptions, and what-not in an attempt to clone or troll will be investigated if reported by the players involved; If the players involved are happy and trying to create twin-lairs, that's one thing. If a player is trolling another player by attempting to duplicate their dragons and stories, that's another.

Fan-dragons are given a bit more leeway because the mash-up and concept behind them is not unique.
So I have a question concerning Swipp

I'm glad to see a lot more skins and what not, but each time there's an item added it seems like it takes forever until it cycles through, or for an item others are waiting for ((AKA waiting forever on Maned Cobra but all the items come up instead))

Will there be any updates to taking items out of swipp and retiring them? Like the Fallout Streak, Tawny Antlers, Radioactive Slime, any of the items that can be obtained outside swipp and just as easily?

We fear that more items will become delayed in showing up, thus taking forever for them to appear.
So I have a question concerning Swipp

I'm glad to see a lot more skins and what not, but each time there's an item added it seems like it takes forever until it cycles through, or for an item others are waiting for ((AKA waiting forever on Maned Cobra but all the items come up instead))

Will there be any updates to taking items out of swipp and retiring them? Like the Fallout Streak, Tawny Antlers, Radioactive Slime, any of the items that can be obtained outside swipp and just as easily?

We fear that more items will become delayed in showing up, thus taking forever for them to appear.
I collect all the Quails yes yes
False-Peacock Quail Valley Quail Flecked Bushrunner Bobwhite Quail
Bit of a weird question, but some of us have noticed that updates have been slower or less frequent this year and that the updates we have had have been light on ... stuff. It hasn't escaped attention that the (still incomplete?) Filigree armour set has been stretched over at least two months.

Does this mean that weekly content (not TOS revisions/clarifications, WOTW, State of the Community, known bug announcements/Festivals/whatever else) updates are a thing of the past?
Bit of a weird question, but some of us have noticed that updates have been slower or less frequent this year and that the updates we have had have been light on ... stuff. It hasn't escaped attention that the (still incomplete?) Filigree armour set has been stretched over at least two months.

Does this mean that weekly content (not TOS revisions/clarifications, WOTW, State of the Community, known bug announcements/Festivals/whatever else) updates are a thing of the past?
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
Version 1 of this thread "Questions and concerns"

Version 2: "Questions and Concerns"

Version 3: "Questions and Concerns"

Version 4: "Questions and Answers"

Why was the concerns part removed?
Version 1 of this thread "Questions and concerns"

Version 2: "Questions and Concerns"

Version 3: "Questions and Concerns"

Version 4: "Questions and Answers"

Why was the concerns part removed?
I'm EIGHT/8/Eight hours ahead of FR Time.
Is us asking questions about threads being locked and posts being deleted without notification against the rules? Is that why admin has not answered them, or are they going to be answered at a later date?
Is us asking questions about threads being locked and posts being deleted without notification against the rules? Is that why admin has not answered them, or are they going to be answered at a later date?
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
So....names. "Mulch" happened and then "Kittencruncher" happened. Is it too much to ask for some reassurance that we won't have to go through that again?
So....names. "Mulch" happened and then "Kittencruncher" happened. Is it too much to ask for some reassurance that we won't have to go through that again?
I'm EIGHT/8/Eight hours ahead of FR Time.
Lore questions:
How do Kelp Beds familiars live with clans who are located in areas away from the sea/bodies of water (like in the middle of the Ashfall Waste)? I can't see a Maren sitting happily in a giant fishbowl, for example.

Also, where do the familiars get the treasure chests from? My Glowing Pocket Mouse seems, despite her size, able to get even a Gilded Chest just fine while my whole clan of Imperials seem unable to find more than a single pebble when digging. What is the secret of the familiars? Or are dragons just too dumb to find as many chests as basically every familiar out there?
Lore questions:
How do Kelp Beds familiars live with clans who are located in areas away from the sea/bodies of water (like in the middle of the Ashfall Waste)? I can't see a Maren sitting happily in a giant fishbowl, for example.

Also, where do the familiars get the treasure chests from? My Glowing Pocket Mouse seems, despite her size, able to get even a Gilded Chest just fine while my whole clan of Imperials seem unable to find more than a single pebble when digging. What is the secret of the familiars? Or are dragons just too dumb to find as many chests as basically every familiar out there?
tumblr_nl9xvjI7se1tisuvqo2_500.png
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 753 754