Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | tab description error
1 2 3
whenever I try to submit a tab desc. I get a popup for only a brief second that says something along the lines of error, try again later. i would screenshot it but it only pops up for half of a second.
whenever I try to submit a tab desc. I get a popup for only a brief second that says something along the lines of error, try again later. i would screenshot it but it only pops up for half of a second.
y61dWJx.png
Same here

There's supposed to be maintenance this hour, are they still working on it and forgot to take the site offline for it?

EDIT:
Ivory is gorgeous, btw--I can see why they're a permabab!
Same here

There's supposed to be maintenance this hour, are they still working on it and forgot to take the site offline for it?

EDIT:
Ivory is gorgeous, btw--I can see why they're a permabab!
Thank you for the report @AstraLily & @Cocomere

The following should help us figure out what's happening:
- Does the tab description save anyway, or does it fail?
- Can you include the description text with the report?
- Please include a link to the tab you're working on, unless it's happening to every tab in both lair and den
- Please include the usual bug report info (browser & computer OS)

Thanks!
Thank you for the report @AstraLily & @Cocomere

The following should help us figure out what's happening:
- Does the tab description save anyway, or does it fail?
- Can you include the description text with the report?
- Please include a link to the tab you're working on, unless it's happening to every tab in both lair and den
- Please include the usual bug report info (browser & computer OS)

Thanks!
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies
It does not save anyway, all work is erased. It occurs in all tabs

I'm using the most recent version of Firefox and as far as I know a completely up to date Windows 10 OS.
It does not save anyway, all work is erased. It occurs in all tabs

I'm using the most recent version of Firefox and as far as I know a completely up to date Windows 10 OS.
I'm running into the same thing. Also on the newest Firefox.

In the main den, 2 of my 5 tabs get a quick peek of the error, and all work is erased. On the other 3, I see the error but the description still shows up. Same thing in the hibernal den - I receive the error and the description still shows up.

The error says "An error occurred while processing your request. Please try again later."
I'm running into the same thing. Also on the newest Firefox.

In the main den, 2 of my 5 tabs get a quick peek of the error, and all work is erased. On the other 3, I see the error but the description still shows up. Same thing in the hibernal den - I receive the error and the description still shows up.

The error says "An error occurred while processing your request. Please try again later."
Waystone5.gif GJKdk86.gif
hyuukiru
alex, 29
she/they

KC5x7Vb.png

QAPGmOf.gif
@hyuukiru the mix of broken and working tabs is very interesting, and may help out a lot!

If you take a description from a tab that worked and place it into a tab that didn't work, does it still fail to save? In other words, we're checking if the cause might have something to do with the text, or if it's more closely related to the tab. Of course, it could also be something more random, which will require more tests.
@hyuukiru the mix of broken and working tabs is very interesting, and may help out a lot!

If you take a description from a tab that worked and place it into a tab that didn't work, does it still fail to save? In other words, we're checking if the cause might have something to do with the text, or if it's more closely related to the tab. Of course, it could also be something more random, which will require more tests.

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

I am on Firefox, windows 10. It is happening on all tabs, and all work is erased. I got my sales tab to save a description after basically sending it like 6 times?
I am on Firefox, windows 10. It is happening on all tabs, and all work is erased. I got my sales tab to save a description after basically sending it like 6 times?
y61dWJx.png
Thank you @AstraLily

When that description finally saved, was it the same description as all the times it failed?
Thank you @AstraLily

When that description finally saved, was it the same description as all the times it failed?

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

I copied and pasted in one of the descriptions that worked into the non-working tabs, and they worked! @o@ Then I replaced that same text with what I wanted originally, and it's finally staying. No matter what I receive the error, but the descriptions show up with the workaround above. [emoji=red star size=1]
I copied and pasted in one of the descriptions that worked into the non-working tabs, and they worked! @o@ Then I replaced that same text with what I wanted originally, and it's finally staying.

No matter what I receive the error, but the descriptions show up with the workaround above.
Waystone5.gif GJKdk86.gif
hyuukiru
alex, 29
she/they

KC5x7Vb.png

QAPGmOf.gif
@hyuukiru - I'm glad it's working, but this is still very weird.

Can I assume that the error you're getting is around long enough to read?

When it works properly, it SHOULD say "Saving..." "Saved!"

If that's going by really quickly, it might look like an error, even though it's exactly what we want.
@hyuukiru - I'm glad it's working, but this is still very weird.

Can I assume that the error you're getting is around long enough to read?

When it works properly, it SHOULD say "Saving..." "Saved!"

If that's going by really quickly, it might look like an error, even though it's exactly what we want.

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

1 2 3