Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Daily exalt bonus invalid gene bug
Wine Primary+ 2500 Gaoler Breed + 1250 [b]Python Gene + 1250[/b] Gaolers do not have access to this gene? [item= primary gene: Python]. At least not in the scrying workshop. Or any other place I looked. Is it not possible to "lockout" the unavailable genes for Ancients for the exalt bonus? Not sure how much of an impact it will have in the dominance fights since I don't understand the details of how that all gets tallied.
Wine Primary+ 2500
Gaoler Breed + 1250
Python Gene + 1250

Gaolers do not have access to this gene? Primary Gene: Python . At least not in the scrying workshop. Or any other place I looked.

Is it not possible to "lockout" the unavailable genes for Ancients for the exalt bonus? Not sure how much of an impact it will have in the dominance fights since I don't understand the details of how that all gets tallied.
I'm not sure why they'd need to 'lockout' the gene since the bonuses don't have to all be on the same dragon to count.

I suppose I can see it being unfortunate for some that you can't get all of them on the same dragon but I don't think it's ever been expected that you exalt dragons with all three bonuses

Also, the bonuses have no effect on dominance iirc. It's JUST the amount of treasure you get from exalting said dragon.

Edit: I also just remembered that there are no Gaoler genes in the bonus lists. As in they're excluded from ever being bonuses. So there'd need to remove the Gaoler breed bonus to make it possible for the bonuses to always be applicable to one single dragon.
I'm not sure why they'd need to 'lockout' the gene since the bonuses don't have to all be on the same dragon to count.

I suppose I can see it being unfortunate for some that you can't get all of them on the same dragon but I don't think it's ever been expected that you exalt dragons with all three bonuses

Also, the bonuses have no effect on dominance iirc. It's JUST the amount of treasure you get from exalting said dragon.

Edit: I also just remembered that there are no Gaoler genes in the bonus lists. As in they're excluded from ever being bonuses. So there'd need to remove the Gaoler breed bonus to make it possible for the bonuses to always be applicable to one single dragon.
IT7iTv8.png
This is a bit long and rambly. I am a total fail at concise. [quote]@AlphaSobek : Edit: I also just remembered that there are no Gaoler genes in the bonus lists. As in they're excluded from ever being bonuses.[/quote] I haven't seen where the above on[u] they will always be excluded[/u] part or didn't see it in the announcement anyway. Do you have a link to where they say that? IF it's not a bug that's disappointing. I was starting to work on going full ancient outside my current fandergs and well If that is true then I Will perma a couple of the Gaolers. I invested a ton into and just work on getting rid of the rest since they are already pretty restricted. Gaolers are not going to be the bonus every other day or even every third day so it's better to just have a more diverse Lair so the babies I don't want can be fodder with a decent chance at at least hitting the gene bonus ( I get the gene bonus way way more often then the color or breed bonus. The color bonus may as well not exist given how often I hit it). I can treat the Gaolers like the ringlets gene and eyeburners. Just a hard pass on bonus days because having 1/2 of the bonuses being locked out would be frustrating just on principle when I have the bonus dragon. I would say 1/3 but this is going off the assumption that I have the breed. [quote name="AlphaSobek" date="2019-07-25 18:26:08" ] I'm not sure why they'd need to 'lockout' the gene since the bonuses don't have to all be on the same dragon to count. [/quote] Right now Gaoler genes are "locked out" despite as you say if it's not locked to the breed. Which brings me to my next question. I have been assuming the exalt bonuses for color and gene are only bonus for the breed of the day. Instead of just a bonus in general. Is that assumption wrong? I assuming that the bonus's only counted for the breed that's up as bonus. Not in general. if The bonus counts separate from the breed then having the ancient genes in the rotation wouldn't be any dif then having the ancients in the rotation. It's still a case of you have it or you don't. But not having the ancient genes in the rotation takes away that option from gaoler only or gaoler majority lairs. It's an unfair restriction. Because I know it will be brought up, yes I can still level and exalt gaolers even if they don't have any of the bonuses, I am aware of that. I can't help that I will resent the system on Gaoler bonus days anywa it will sit at the back of my brain. If I just avoid breeding them it's less off-putting. [s]edit: see preview assumptions)Would be nice if they added the genes and just locked the genes to Gaoler on the days they are the bonus dragon.[/s]( going off my current assumptions on how the bonus works.) Or added the genes so that I can participate in the exalt if I don't have the daily breed. ( example spiral is the bonus breed, but the gaoler gene phantom is the bonus. isn't any dif then having gaoler as the breed but the bonus is a modern gene). I would love to recoup some of what I have invested into Gaolers on the bonus days yo their genes were spendy. As it is colors are so limited with gaolers since they are new it's bout impossible to hit the bonus unless your really lucky. Thank you for responding and answering my questions esp concerning the Dom battles. Please understand that none of the above is frustration is directed at you. It's directed at the situation. spent a few minutes looking. This is the closest I can find to what you are referencing. [quote name="Kaepora" date="2019-06-10 23:01:41" ] So you don't have to remain in suspense - Gaoler genes are not currently in the pool for possible genes for exalt bonuses. Since they are both very rare, and only available for a single breed, they would be a pretty unfortunate bonus. [emoji=gaoler scared size=2] [/quote] ^ reverse that for people who set up Gaoler lairs. It's unfortunate either way. For being a rare breed they have come up as the bonus dragon a couple times already. So at this point I may as well go to the suggestion forum and maybe ask them to please add Gaoler genes since its not any more unfortunate to have them come up as a gene then having mostly gaolers and NEVER getting gaoler genes to come up. edits: I can't type. Also added a question based on assumptions.
This is a bit long and rambly. I am a total fail at concise.

Quote:
@AlphaSobek : Edit: I also just remembered that there are no Gaoler genes in the bonus lists. As in they're excluded from ever being bonuses.

I haven't seen where the above on they will always be excluded part or didn't see it in the announcement anyway. Do you have a link to where they say that? IF it's not a bug that's disappointing. I was starting to work on going full ancient outside my current fandergs and well If that is true then I Will perma a couple of the Gaolers. I invested a ton into and just work on getting rid of the rest since they are already pretty restricted. Gaolers are not going to be the bonus every other day or even every third day so it's better to just have a more diverse Lair so the babies I don't want can be fodder with a decent chance at at least hitting the gene bonus ( I get the gene bonus way way more often then the color or breed bonus. The color bonus may as well not exist given how often I hit it). I can treat the Gaolers like the ringlets gene and eyeburners. Just a hard pass on bonus days because having 1/2 of the bonuses being locked out would be frustrating just on principle when I have the bonus dragon. I would say 1/3 but this is going off the assumption that I have the breed.
AlphaSobek wrote on 2019-07-25 18:26:08:

Right now Gaoler genes are "locked out" despite as you say if it's not locked to the breed.

Which brings me to my next question. I have been assuming the exalt bonuses for color and gene are only bonus for the breed of the day. Instead of just a bonus in general. Is that assumption wrong? I assuming that the bonus's only counted for the breed that's up as bonus. Not in general. if The bonus counts separate from the breed then having the ancient genes in the rotation wouldn't be any dif then having the ancients in the rotation. It's still a case of you have it or you don't. But not having the ancient genes in the rotation takes away that option from gaoler only or gaoler majority lairs. It's an unfair restriction.

Because I know it will be brought up, yes I can still level and exalt gaolers even if they don't have any of the bonuses, I am aware of that. I can't help that I will resent the system on Gaoler bonus days anywa it will sit at the back of my brain. If I just avoid breeding them it's less off-putting. edit: see preview assumptions)Would be nice if they added the genes and just locked the genes to Gaoler on the days they are the bonus dragon.( going off my current assumptions on how the bonus works.) Or added the genes so that I can participate in the exalt if I don't have the daily breed. ( example spiral is the bonus breed, but the gaoler gene phantom is the bonus. isn't any dif then having gaoler as the breed but the bonus is a modern gene). I would love to recoup some of what I have invested into Gaolers on the bonus days yo their genes were spendy. As it is colors are so limited with gaolers since they are new it's bout impossible to hit the bonus unless your really lucky.

Thank you for responding and answering my questions esp concerning the Dom battles. Please understand that none of the above is frustration is directed at you. It's directed at the situation.

spent a few minutes looking. This is the closest I can find to what you are referencing.
Kaepora wrote on 2019-06-10 23:01:41:
So you don't have to remain in suspense - Gaoler genes are not currently in the pool for possible genes for exalt bonuses.

Since they are both very rare, and only available for a single breed, they would be a pretty unfortunate bonus.

^ reverse that for people who set up Gaoler lairs. It's unfortunate either way.

For being a rare breed they have come up as the bonus dragon a couple times already.

So at this point I may as well go to the suggestion forum and maybe ask them to please add Gaoler genes since its not any more unfortunate to have them come up as a gene then having mostly gaolers and NEVER getting gaoler genes to come up.

edits: I can't type. Also added a question based on assumptions.
@Yserin [quote name="Yserin" date="2019-07-25 20:40:12" ] Which brings me to my next question. I have been assuming the exalt bonuses for color and gene are only bonus for the breed of the day. Instead of just a bonus in general. Is that assumption wrong? I assuming that the bonus's only counted for the breed that's up as bonus. Not in general. if The bonus counts separate from the breed then having the ancient genes in the rotation wouldn't be any dif then having the ancients in the rotation. It's still a case of you have it or you don't. But not having the ancient genes in the rotation takes away that option from gaoler only or gaoler majority lairs. It's an unfair restriction. [/quote] I couldn't tell if you figured it out or got an answer, but that assumption is incorrect. The bonuses are all independent, you get the bonus for anything with the colour, gene, and/or breed.
@Yserin
Yserin wrote on 2019-07-25 20:40:12:
Which brings me to my next question. I have been assuming the exalt bonuses for color and gene are only bonus for the breed of the day. Instead of just a bonus in general. Is that assumption wrong? I assuming that the bonus's only counted for the breed that's up as bonus. Not in general. if The bonus counts separate from the breed then having the ancient genes in the rotation wouldn't be any dif then having the ancients in the rotation. It's still a case of you have it or you don't. But not having the ancient genes in the rotation takes away that option from gaoler only or gaoler majority lairs. It's an unfair restriction.

I couldn't tell if you figured it out or got an answer, but that assumption is incorrect. The bonuses are all independent, you get the bonus for anything with the colour, gene, and/or breed.
4NA9bEO.gif
Need an ice nest? Just send food
I train dragons! Elemental egg or 250kt/g to lvl25, 2-3 days
If you're waiting on a response, please check username spelling and ping/PM again :)
mTHWciO.gif tumblr_inline_nsthqhH2Q11s23g03_540.png
Because of the way gaoler's have genes called "pattern (gaoler)" and not just "pattern", yeah, the exalt bonus are not kind to the gaoler breed. You still have equal chance of getting the exalt bonus for breed and color, but no chance at getting that gene bonus. That's something at a suggestion could potentially fix. Have the parallel ancient and modern genes both count towards the same gene bonus. Things like gnarlhorn would still be excluded, but crystal would not. [quote]I have been assuming the exalt bonuses for color and gene are only bonus for the breed of the day. Instead of just a bonus in general. Is that assumption wrong? I assuming that the bonus's only counted for the breed that's up as bonus. Not in general. if The bonus counts separate from the breed then having the ancient genes in the rotation wouldn't be any dif then having the ancients in the rotation. It's still a case of you have it or you don't. But not having the ancient genes in the rotation takes away that option from gaoler only or gaoler majority lairs. It's an unfair restriction.[/quote] As it works right now, no... you don't need a dragon to match all three to get the bonuses. If the daily bonuses are: Color: Cyan secondary +2500 Gene: Cherub +1250 Breed: Bogsneak +1250 [center][morphology=1679][morphology=1702][morphology=1713] Each of these dragons matches exactly one bonus. [morphology=1717] AND THIS, the holy grail of daily exalts, gets a whopping +5000 bonus on exalting for hitting all three bonus categories.[/center] Your statement that it wouldn't be any different isn't quite right though. Right now, if there is a bonus for "python" gene, I can exalt a coatl with python, a bog with python, a fae with python... 14 of the current 15 breeds can be found with that gene. If the bonus is for "gnarlhorn", that's exactly 1 (one) breed that could potentially have that gene in my lair. The odds go down. Mono lairs have a bit of a disadvantage anyways because they can't get many breed bonuses, but they can at least get gene and color. I don't think it's fair to cater specifically to people who deliberately throtle themselves to a single breed that has specific genes by tossing breed specific genes in. Like said above, you can still get a bonus for cyan secondary no matter the breed. But a gnarlhorn bonus IS dependant on the breed - which may not be the daily bonus breed! If there are bonuses for cyan secondary, bog breed, and gnarlhorns, you can say goodbye to the holy grail! There's no way for you to match all three of those, you can at most match 2! (You did cross out the part about locking the breed to gaolers when there's a gaoler gene bonus, so I won't harp on that too much, but that's even worse at trying to match bonuses. You might have the breed... but not the gene. And if you don't have the gene, you definitely won't have the breed. So you can only exalt by color, which you did point out is super rare enough to be nonexistant, so not much fun those days.) [quote]For being a rare breed they have come up as the bonus dragon a couple times already.[/quote] Theoretically with 15 breeds, they should be showing up once every 15 days, or, twice a month. How long ago were they released? June 8? We should have seen them three times now if they fall exactly average. Averages are also really wonky in the beginning and tend to smooth out the longer you collect data, so I would give it a year of daily exalt bonuses before seeing if they're showing up too much or not enough. Also, I'm confused by what you mean "rarity"? They haven't been bred as much because nest cool downs. The longer they're on the site, the more of them there will be. It's kinda unfair to say they're more rare than breeds that have been makin' the baby for six years. And rarity as in their breeding cooldowns doesn't play into how often breeds come up in the bonuses afaik. Otherwise it would be all tundras, mirrors, guardians and fae all the time. [quote]So at this point I may as well go to the suggestion forum and maybe ask them to please add Gaoler genes since its not any more unfortunate to have them come up as a gene then having mostly gaolers and NEVER getting gaoler genes to come up.[/quote] I think actually the best would be to ask if staff could link ancient and parallel modern genes together so that both versions of the same gene work for the exalt bonuses. That way you're not hamstringing 14 breeds to benefit 1, you're bringing that 1 breed up to *almost* equal with the 14.
Because of the way gaoler's have genes called "pattern (gaoler)" and not just "pattern", yeah, the exalt bonus are not kind to the gaoler breed. You still have equal chance of getting the exalt bonus for breed and color, but no chance at getting that gene bonus. That's something at a suggestion could potentially fix. Have the parallel ancient and modern genes both count towards the same gene bonus. Things like gnarlhorn would still be excluded, but crystal would not.
Quote:
I have been assuming the exalt bonuses for color and gene are only bonus for the breed of the day. Instead of just a bonus in general. Is that assumption wrong? I assuming that the bonus's only counted for the breed that's up as bonus. Not in general. if The bonus counts separate from the breed then having the ancient genes in the rotation wouldn't be any dif then having the ancients in the rotation. It's still a case of you have it or you don't. But not having the ancient genes in the rotation takes away that option from gaoler only or gaoler majority lairs. It's an unfair restriction.

As it works right now, no... you don't need a dragon to match all three to get the bonuses.
If the daily bonuses are:
Color: Cyan secondary +2500
Gene: Cherub +1250
Breed: Bogsneak +1250
color match
gene match
breed match

Each of these dragons matches exactly one bonus.

GRAIL

AND THIS, the holy grail of daily exalts, gets a whopping +5000 bonus on exalting for hitting all three bonus categories.

Your statement that it wouldn't be any different isn't quite right though. Right now, if there is a bonus for "python" gene, I can exalt a coatl with python, a bog with python, a fae with python... 14 of the current 15 breeds can be found with that gene. If the bonus is for "gnarlhorn", that's exactly 1 (one) breed that could potentially have that gene in my lair. The odds go down.

Mono lairs have a bit of a disadvantage anyways because they can't get many breed bonuses, but they can at least get gene and color. I don't think it's fair to cater specifically to people who deliberately throtle themselves to a single breed that has specific genes by tossing breed specific genes in.

Like said above, you can still get a bonus for cyan secondary no matter the breed. But a gnarlhorn bonus IS dependant on the breed - which may not be the daily bonus breed! If there are bonuses for cyan secondary, bog breed, and gnarlhorns, you can say goodbye to the holy grail! There's no way for you to match all three of those, you can at most match 2!

(You did cross out the part about locking the breed to gaolers when there's a gaoler gene bonus, so I won't harp on that too much, but that's even worse at trying to match bonuses. You might have the breed... but not the gene. And if you don't have the gene, you definitely won't have the breed. So you can only exalt by color, which you did point out is super rare enough to be nonexistant, so not much fun those days.)

Quote:
For being a rare breed they have come up as the bonus dragon a couple times already.
Theoretically with 15 breeds, they should be showing up once every 15 days, or, twice a month. How long ago were they released? June 8? We should have seen them three times now if they fall exactly average. Averages are also really wonky in the beginning and tend to smooth out the longer you collect data, so I would give it a year of daily exalt bonuses before seeing if they're showing up too much or not enough. Also, I'm confused by what you mean "rarity"? They haven't been bred as much because nest cool downs. The longer they're on the site, the more of them there will be. It's kinda unfair to say they're more rare than breeds that have been makin' the baby for six years. And rarity as in their breeding cooldowns doesn't play into how often breeds come up in the bonuses afaik. Otherwise it would be all tundras, mirrors, guardians and fae all the time.
Quote:
So at this point I may as well go to the suggestion forum and maybe ask them to please add Gaoler genes since its not any more unfortunate to have them come up as a gene then having mostly gaolers and NEVER getting gaoler genes to come up.

I think actually the best would be to ask if staff could link ancient and parallel modern genes together so that both versions of the same gene work for the exalt bonuses. That way you're not hamstringing 14 breeds to benefit 1, you're bringing that 1 breed up to *almost* equal with the 14.
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
Hello everyone! As this is not a bug and the answer has been given I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. Thank you!
Hello everyone! As this is not a bug and the answer has been given I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. Thank you!