Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Did Ghost get nerfed?
So Ghost has behaved like an Uncommon-tier gene basically since its release, but in the past couple of months it's started behaving more like a Rare-tier gene in terms of inheritance and it's screwing with my breeding projects. Has anyone else been seeing this?
So Ghost has behaved like an Uncommon-tier gene basically since its release, but in the past couple of months it's started behaving more like a Rare-tier gene in terms of inheritance and it's screwing with my breeding projects. Has anyone else been seeing this?
A man asked me for a quarter for a cup of coffee so I bit him.
@BunjyWunjy No offense, but you haven't given the detail necessary to to say what's going on. You didn't say what gene you're breeding it against or what the numbers of offspring are with ghost and the other gene(s). I ran a ghost/lace cross in the Scrying Workshop for 160 offspring and it came out within the expected range for both being equal tier rarity (which is uncommon). The classic experiment is having someone flip a coin 100 times and seeing streaks of 7 of the same side coming up in a row are common enough. You're welcome to try more, but then you'd be claiming two genes were stealth changed in rarity or the whole system is breaking and both claims are very unlikely. Hope you have better luck with future nests [emoji=guardian happy size=1]
@BunjyWunjy

No offense, but you haven't given the detail necessary to to say what's going on. You didn't say what gene you're breeding it against or what the numbers of offspring are with ghost and the other gene(s).

I ran a ghost/lace cross in the Scrying Workshop for 160 offspring and it came out within the expected range for both being equal tier rarity (which is uncommon). The classic experiment is having someone flip a coin 100 times and seeing streaks of 7 of the same side coming up in a row are common enough.

You're welcome to try more, but then you'd be claiming two genes were stealth changed in rarity or the whole system is breaking and both claims are very unlikely. Hope you have better luck with future nests
@dagomor Ahah, I could have included more information in my original post, but I didn't because I didn't think I needed to be that detailed on anything short of a bug report, oops! Sorry for the confusion. [emoji=spiral laughing size=1] The specific genes I've been having trouble matching against Ghost the past few months are Capsule and Underbelly, but Capsule is definitely the worst offender. If it had happened just a couple times it would be one thing, but it's been at least three separate incidences at this point! That's enough to make me wonder if the devs changed something a while back and I'm just the last to know about it (which has happened), and if this issue is happening for everyone. [emoji=spiral sad size=1] From your response, it sounds like that's not the case, and this might just be happening on my account. So I'll keep a close eye on it, and if it continues to happen I'll report it as a possible bug. But I'm a little confused by your response here, because if this keeps being a problem and I report it, it just means that... there's an issue that should be addressed? Bug reports definitely don't come with a value judgment, and if something's gone screwy the devs should be told about it. [emoji=spiral happy size=1] Thanks for all your help, it's appreciated! [emoji=spiral winking size=1]
@dagomor

Ahah, I could have included more information in my original post, but I didn't because I didn't think I needed to be that detailed on anything short of a bug report, oops! Sorry for the confusion.

The specific genes I've been having trouble matching against Ghost the past few months are Capsule and Underbelly, but Capsule is definitely the worst offender. If it had happened just a couple times it would be one thing, but it's been at least three separate incidences at this point! That's enough to make me wonder if the devs changed something a while back and I'm just the last to know about it (which has happened), and if this issue is happening for everyone.

From your response, it sounds like that's not the case, and this might just be happening on my account. So I'll keep a close eye on it, and if it continues to happen I'll report it as a possible bug.

But I'm a little confused by your response here, because if this keeps being a problem and I report it, it just means that... there's an issue that should be addressed? Bug reports definitely don't come with a value judgment, and if something's gone screwy the devs should be told about it.

Thanks for all your help, it's appreciated!
@BunjyWunjy

Capsule is a Limited Rarity Gene and has a 15% chance against Ghost per hatchling, If you are seeing more capsule in your hatchlings then RNG is just hitting that 15% a bit more than usual.

Underbelly is a Common Rarity Gene which has a 75% chance against Ghost per hatchling, so it's actually not surprising you'd see more underbelly than ghost in the hatchlings.

if you have any questions about which gene belongs to which rarity group, you can check out This Guide.
@BunjyWunjy

Capsule is a Limited Rarity Gene and has a 15% chance against Ghost per hatchling, If you are seeing more capsule in your hatchlings then RNG is just hitting that 15% a bit more than usual.

Underbelly is a Common Rarity Gene which has a 75% chance against Ghost per hatchling, so it's actually not surprising you'd see more underbelly than ghost in the hatchlings.

if you have any questions about which gene belongs to which rarity group, you can check out This Guide.
Welcome New Players!
Here's a small list of links to Helpful Forum Guides:
..... Gathering reference v3
Swipp/Baldwin: Items to Keep
The Data-Based Money Making Guide
Exalting Treasure Payout Chart
..... Dragon Bio Resources: Comprehensive
Coliseum loot and monsters
Festival Coliseum Guide
BASIC INTRO to the Coli!
..... [Guide] BBCode
DRAGONOMICS charts
[Answers] Tomo's Trivia Tablet
G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver
@anourou Thank you!! That actually is the guide I use for breeding [emoji=spiral laughing size=1] I posted here because my last threeish hatches of Ghost/Capsule eggs dropped from their usual 85/15 in favor of Ghost to something like 15/85 in favor of Capsule, which is not impossible, but it is extremely strange that it happened three times. I'm going to keep an eye on it for now to see if it keeps happening, thanks again! [emoji=spiral winking size=1]
@anourou Thank you!! That actually is the guide I use for breeding
I posted here because my last threeish hatches of Ghost/Capsule eggs dropped from their usual 85/15 in favor of Ghost to something like 15/85 in favor of Capsule, which is not impossible, but it is extremely strange that it happened three times.

I'm going to keep an eye on it for now to see if it keeps happening, thanks again!
Ghost is an uncommon tier gene. It has not been changed.
Ghost is an uncommon tier gene. It has not been changed.