Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Names....
I would love to know the reasoning for not being able to name a dragon place names like Chernobyl... among others.
Why does it say it is inappropriate. By whose standard is this inappropriate and why is it not allowed anymore?
Considering there are 600+ dragons (Exalted and Not Exalted) named Chernobyl.

56 named Hiroshima
36 named Nagasaki

Yet I was able to name a dragon Fukushima.

I would love to hear the reasoning why.
I would love to know the reasoning for not being able to name a dragon place names like Chernobyl... among others.
Why does it say it is inappropriate. By whose standard is this inappropriate and why is it not allowed anymore?
Considering there are 600+ dragons (Exalted and Not Exalted) named Chernobyl.

56 named Hiroshima
36 named Nagasaki

Yet I was able to name a dragon Fukushima.

I would love to hear the reasoning why.
bcPLEkL.png crystalgeneeggfire.pngsimplicity.png
Sensitive topic. It could be considered bad taste. I had a breeding pair named Hiroshima and Nagasaki once, but I changed their names because I felt guilty.

A lot of people died in those cities/incidents. As I said before, it’s likely just a matter of bad taste and the conversations it could spawn, political and otherwise.
Sensitive topic. It could be considered bad taste. I had a breeding pair named Hiroshima and Nagasaki once, but I changed their names because I felt guilty.

A lot of people died in those cities/incidents. As I said before, it’s likely just a matter of bad taste and the conversations it could spawn, political and otherwise.
touch-grass-i-cant-i-eated-it-all.gif
Weird they were allowed before, but not anymore. Maybe they were meant to be blocked, but got overlooked until recently?
Weird they were allowed before, but not anymore. Maybe they were meant to be blocked, but got overlooked until recently?
goSc2L4.png
I can understand why but I find it odd it wasn’t blocked until now. I have a dragon named Chernobyl in my lair
I can understand why but I find it odd it wasn’t blocked until now. I have a dragon named Chernobyl in my lair
Sharpened Serthis Spear
I am the patron saint of having bad taste
(insert joke about heated water towers here)
Our [b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004996723]naming policy[/url][/b] does not allow names that refer to or glorify real world tragedies. All the names listed here are real world tragedies, in which lives were lost and/or entire areas of the planet rendered uninhabitable. Many of these names slipped by or didn't become an issue until the radioactive color was added to the color wheel. This thread's now locked under our [b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005918783]How To Submit Feedback[/url][/b] policy: [quote]If you wish to submit feedback regarding our rules, policies, or Flight Rising employees, you must do so directly through Contact Us. [/quote]
Our naming policy does not allow names that refer to or glorify real world tragedies.

All the names listed here are real world tragedies, in which lives were lost and/or entire areas of the planet rendered uninhabitable. Many of these names slipped by or didn't become an issue until the radioactive color was added to the color wheel.

This thread's now locked under our How To Submit Feedback policy:
Quote:
If you wish to submit feedback regarding our rules, policies, or Flight Rising employees, you must do so directly through Contact Us.