Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Importing gaoler ID then changing breed
I just discovered that if you import a gaoler ID to the scrying workshop, and then change the breed (ex. changing gaoler to guardian and then changing guardian to tundra) will reset the genes to basic each time. Very frustrating to have to put the genes back every time I want to view a different breed. Sequence: gaoler->guardian->tundra Gaoler->guardian is normal for the genes to be wiped, but they shouldn’t have been wiped on guardian->tundra Gaoler I used [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52479128] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/524792/52479128_350.png[/img] [/url]
I just discovered that if you import a gaoler ID to the scrying workshop, and then change the breed (ex. changing gaoler to guardian and then changing guardian to tundra) will reset the genes to basic each time. Very frustrating to have to put the genes back every time I want to view a different breed.

Sequence: gaoler->guardian->tundra
Gaoler->guardian is normal for the genes to be wiped, but they shouldn’t have been wiped on guardian->tundra

Gaoler I used

52479128_350.png
giphy.gifold_mansig.pngmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
That's not a bug. Gaolers have different genes from modern breeds, which don't show up in the menu unless you have gaoler selected, so you have to select the breed *then* select the Gene's.
That's not a bug. Gaolers have different genes from modern breeds, which don't show up in the menu unless you have gaoler selected, so you have to select the breed *then* select the Gene's.
vbbuHj.png FR -1
LF: BANANA, ROSE, & ROBIN
mEb1lVG.png
@desiher I know they have different genes. That’s not what I’m reporting.
I’m reporting that I put a gaolers ID into the scrying workshop, previewed them as a guardian (changed gaoler to guardian) input the genes, then wanted to preview them (the guardian with all genes applied) as a tundra. Changing from guardian to tundra still wiped the genes as if I had changed them back to a gaoler.

Gaoler->guardian is normal for the genes to be wiped, but they shouldn’t have been wiped on guardian->tundra
@desiher I know they have different genes. That’s not what I’m reporting.
I’m reporting that I put a gaolers ID into the scrying workshop, previewed them as a guardian (changed gaoler to guardian) input the genes, then wanted to preview them (the guardian with all genes applied) as a tundra. Changing from guardian to tundra still wiped the genes as if I had changed them back to a gaoler.

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
Oh okay. Sorry for the misunderstanding! That's weird, I haven't had that problem. Thanks for the clarification.

Edit: Just tried it and ran into the same thing!
Oh okay. Sorry for the misunderstanding! That's weird, I haven't had that problem. Thanks for the clarification.

Edit: Just tried it and ran into the same thing!
vbbuHj.png FR -1
LF: BANANA, ROSE, & ROBIN
mEb1lVG.png
@Shinyumbreon i tried yours and gave me this? :o [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=67&bodygene=28&breed=11&element=7&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=86&tertgene=0&winggene=37&wings=52&auth=6217821e5a6463def908b80bb8f59420c9e0a0b0&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
@Shinyumbreon

i tried yours and gave me this? :o

dragon?age=0&body=67&bodygene=28&breed=11&element=7&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=86&tertgene=0&winggene=37&wings=52&auth=6217821e5a6463def908b80bb8f59420c9e0a0b0&dummyext=prev.png
He/They
@bayodino Wow that is... weird. What did you do for that to happen?

(I’ll add the gaoler I used to the first post, cause that’s not mine ;^^)
@bayodino Wow that is... weird. What did you do for that to happen?

(I’ll add the gaoler I used to the first post, cause that’s not mine ;^^)

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
@Shinyumbreon

choose a gaoler id and gene it. then shuffle the breed :)
@Shinyumbreon

choose a gaoler id and gene it. then shuffle the breed :)
He/They
I tried gening a gaoler, (was a nocturne to begin with) and then changing it to a guardian. It should just reset all the genes to basic, but this happened instead: [img]https://i.imgur.com/dPU9dMw.png[/img] edit: hehe...multigaze [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=30&bodygene=39&breed=3&element=10&eyetype=5&gender=0&tert=148&tertgene=26&winggene=37&wings=62&auth=fa6219d1a6fb54655d78f9d6c9d89e8602abe7ff&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
I tried gening a gaoler, (was a nocturne to begin with) and then changing it to a guardian. It should just reset all the genes to basic, but this happened instead:
dPU9dMw.png

edit: hehe...multigaze

dragon?age=1&body=30&bodygene=39&breed=3&element=10&eyetype=5&gender=0&tert=148&tertgene=26&winggene=37&wings=62&auth=fa6219d1a6fb54655d78f9d6c9d89e8602abe7ff&dummyext=prev.png
underskrift-geo.png
Thank you for the report.

There are a few different things going on here, so I'll address them separately.

Broken Images
The broken images issues should now be fixed - invalid options will jump to basic, as that's universally supported for all breeds.

Dragon Import Issues
The form should now be better at tracking dragon changes over multiple breed switches. Please let me know if this continues to be an issue.

Pro Tip
Altering the URL provided by the Copy Scry URL feature will let you perform actions like de-linking an imported dragon ID.

I use this method to, for example, create a URL that will give me a different random Adult Male Imp with primal eyes every time I load it: http://www1.flightrising.com/scrying/predict?breed=8&gender=0&age=1&eyetype=6
Thank you for the report.

There are a few different things going on here, so I'll address them separately.

Broken Images
The broken images issues should now be fixed - invalid options will jump to basic, as that's universally supported for all breeds.

Dragon Import Issues
The form should now be better at tracking dragon changes over multiple breed switches. Please let me know if this continues to be an issue.

Pro Tip
Altering the URL provided by the Copy Scry URL feature will let you perform actions like de-linking an imported dragon ID.

I use this method to, for example, create a URL that will give me a different random Adult Male Imp with primal eyes every time I load it: http://www1.flightrising.com/scrying/predict?breed=8&gender=0&age=1&eyetype=6
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies