Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Scrying workshop Background Revamp
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I love how it looks now! I find the arcane theme a bit weird too, at first I thought they did different backdrops depending on your flight but apparently not :|
I love how it looks now! I find the arcane theme a bit weird too, at first I thought they did different backdrops depending on your flight but apparently not :|
39068.png xx.
xx»they/them
xxx»FR+9
xxx»badges .»coli quests
Its a bit distracting.
Its a bit distracting.
xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
They might be changing its location on the upcoming map revamp. It makes sense to be in both territories, given the themes of both flights.

That said, it would be nice if it could be given different themes later on. I'm still waiting for a dark mode.
They might be changing its location on the upcoming map revamp. It makes sense to be in both territories, given the themes of both flights.

That said, it would be nice if it could be given different themes later on. I'm still waiting for a dark mode.
Why does air even come in different temperatures?
[quote name="Adabat" date="2019-05-23 03:42:04" ] looks way less cluttered and is fancy! edit: lol why do people think that the feature about predicting a dragon's appearance with magical scrolls should be water themed [/quote] @Adabat Because canonically the Scrying Workshop is in Spiral Keep aka in Water.
Adabat wrote on 2019-05-23 03:42:04:
looks way less cluttered and is fancy!

edit: lol why do people think that the feature about predicting a dragon's appearance with magical scrolls should be water themed

@Adabat

Because canonically the Scrying Workshop is in Spiral Keep aka in Water.
My username is MariLiLL | She/Her | FR +10
DLrWmez.png
[quote name="Adabat" date="2019-05-23 03:42:04" ] looks way less cluttered and is fancy! edit: lol why do people think that the feature about predicting a dragon's appearance with magical scrolls should be water themed [/quote] The official Announcement for Scrying Workshop literally says it is in the Spiral Keep. http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1053870#post_1053870 "[i]Within the twisting halls of Spiral Keep, the scrying pool of the TideLord has been opened to all dragonkind. Those who show proper reverence to the god of the fathomless depths may use this workshop to peer into every possible future outcome for the dragons of their clan.[/i]" Plus, predicting stuff and seeing the future is Water's entire thing.
Adabat wrote on 2019-05-23 03:42:04:
looks way less cluttered and is fancy!

edit: lol why do people think that the feature about predicting a dragon's appearance with magical scrolls should be water themed

The official Announcement for Scrying Workshop literally says it is in the Spiral Keep.

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1053870#post_1053870

"Within the twisting halls of Spiral Keep, the scrying pool of the TideLord has been opened to all dragonkind. Those who show proper reverence to the god of the fathomless depths may use this workshop to peer into every possible future outcome for the dragons of their clan."

Plus, predicting stuff and seeing the future is Water's entire thing.
output-onlinepngtools.pngI refuse...
i just noticed this omg it’s so beautiful
i just noticed this omg it’s so beautiful
nN0tSiK.png7PSccRO.pngsIB6VNJ.pngG1JDeXL.png
[quote name="LeafeonWarrior" date="2019-05-23 02:42:45" ] hmmm this star theme going on, i like it examples of recent star stuff we've gotten, The star n telesope vista from notn, the sticker star vista from merch shop, the starsilks, n now star themed constellation havin' scrying shop, starmap and constellation genes. I wonder if the ancient breed we're getting is actually arcane with all this star stuff, or whether arcanist is influencing things and about to bring about another Apocalypse [/quote] quoting myself on this because the announcement says it was changed in prep for ancient breeds so "Predict Morphology has a new look and back end changes in preparation for Ancient Breeds." I'm callin' it in boys [emoji=planet size=1]
LeafeonWarrior wrote on 2019-05-23 02:42:45:
hmmm this star theme going on, i like it
examples of recent star stuff we've gotten, The star n telesope vista from notn, the sticker star vista from merch shop, the starsilks, n now star themed constellation havin' scrying shop, starmap and constellation genes.
I wonder if the ancient breed we're getting is actually arcane with all this star stuff, or whether arcanist is influencing things and about to bring about another Apocalypse
quoting myself on this because the announcement says it was changed in prep for ancient breeds so
"Predict Morphology has a new look and back end changes in preparation for Ancient Breeds."
I'm callin' it in boys
clashes with lots of colors when designing dragons but the bg itself is pretty
clashes with lots of colors when designing dragons but the bg itself is pretty
6OECEOe.pnglWOVJox.png
Keep in mind that dragon culture doesn't exist solely in 11 vacuums! Although water dragons are experts at scrying, it doesn't mean that they are the only ones that do so. It also doesn't meant that they don't do business with, for example, the scholars of the arcane flight, who may or may not be the creators of magical scrolls. There are mages and oracles spread out across the realm. This wasn't a conversion of a feature to become elementally-themed, despite the color palette used. [emoji=crystal ball size=1] (Mostly this was just an opportunity to revamp some art while we did some backend work to accommodate ancient breeds. The scroll was widened to allow for potentially longer-than-normal gene names if we need it in the future)
Keep in mind that dragon culture doesn't exist solely in 11 vacuums!

Although water dragons are experts at scrying, it doesn't mean that they are the only ones that do so. It also doesn't meant that they don't do business with, for example, the scholars of the arcane flight, who may or may not be the creators of magical scrolls. There are mages and oracles spread out across the realm.

This wasn't a conversion of a feature to become elementally-themed, despite the color palette used.

(Mostly this was just an opportunity to revamp some art while we did some backend work to accommodate ancient breeds. The scroll was widened to allow for potentially longer-than-normal gene names if we need it in the future)
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2019-05-23 13:48:05" ] Although water dragons are experts at scrying, it doesn't mean that they are the only ones that do so. It also doesn't meant that they don't do business with, for example, the scholars of the arcane flight, who may or may not be the creators of magical scrolls. There are mages and oracles spread out across the realm. [/quote] Woah woah! This makes me wonder what other scrying scrolls would look like if they came from different flights. Would Light be a crystal ball? Is shadow like...a pit of swirling goo?
Xhaztol wrote on 2019-05-23 13:48:05:
Although water dragons are experts at scrying, it doesn't mean that they are the only ones that do so. It also doesn't meant that they don't do business with, for example, the scholars of the arcane flight, who may or may not be the creators of magical scrolls. There are mages and oracles spread out across the realm.

Woah woah! This makes me wonder what other scrying scrolls would look like if they came from different flights. Would Light be a crystal ball? Is shadow like...a pit of swirling goo?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9