Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | PSA : No Scattervials in Roundsey
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
[quote name="GoldenCharm" date="2019-05-20 13:11:23" ] Honestly even if the scattersight would come back, it might be on the more expensive side of things despite all eye types being fodder at this point. Pretty much any eye type other than the new ones and Primal are fodder, and primal and the new eye types are only valuable if the dragon looks good with it. But people are willing to pay lots to get their gene projects done. 100 000 treasure on one scattersight sold instantly when it came out after all. [/quote] I would [i]still [/i]buy it even if it were the price of a Gem gene. A price like that just for a few pixels of [i]already-made art [/i]that gets me the eyes I want for my gen ones. The staff is out of their minds to pass this opportunity up.
GoldenCharm wrote on 2019-05-20 13:11:23:
Honestly even if the scattersight would come back, it might be on the more expensive side of things despite all eye types being fodder at this point. Pretty much any eye type other than the new ones and Primal are fodder, and primal and the new eye types are only valuable if the dragon looks good with it. But people are willing to pay lots to get their gene projects done. 100 000 treasure on one scattersight sold instantly when it came out after all.

I would still buy it even if it were the price of a Gem gene. A price like that just for a few pixels of already-made art that gets me the eyes I want for my gen ones. The staff is out of their minds to pass this opportunity up.
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
[quote name="arcaneidolriots" date="2019-05-20 13:17:02" ] [quote name="BlueJaysFeather" date="2019-05-20 11:24:53" ] I'm so done with everything about natural eye types at this point. I wish they had never been added to the game. Nothing about them feels like it's been implemented in a way that considers the feelings of older players, and I'm honestly about ready to cry over how the staff have expressed their plans to move forward with it. [/quote] Eyepocalypse will always be the one update where I believe the devs just did not think their concept through [b]at all[/b]. And part of that is because players were never told that this feature was coming, unlike many of the other site revamp features over the years. They could have avoided so many issues surrounding Eyepocalypse if there was a Developer Update news post about this release several months beforehand where they announced they were going to update dragon eye colours to standardize them and introduce an RNG element to eyes in breeding. Because players would have had a chance to warn them of the potential issues of such an update. Eyepocalypse was a mess of poor implementation, lack of forethought, and missed opportunities. (Seriously, Eye Type Vials could have been an amazing and much needed treasure sink if the devs actually thought their concept out more.) And it's so sad because I think most players really do like the Eye Types. It's a cool idea and fun cosmetic element to play with. But it's not cool when our only option to get the cool thing amounts to get lucky with RNG because randomness is fun, [i]right?[/i] [/quote] Like if the anniversary last year had just been Eyewings and all the new features they were going to roll out I personally would've been stoked. I just remember logging in that night at rollover expecting a cool familiar and being so confused because the eyes looked more like a Marva thing than like a baked-in site feature, and that was even before it came to light just how broken the Scattersight odds were. Edit: I didn't finish my thought before posting oops... Like the complete lack of transparency from Staff beforehand and the way it was announced and it's limited run felt very forced-gimmicky from the get go and nothing since it's released has given me any indication that it was planned out for more than a month before released, aside from maybe Marva's eye apparel. Even then I'd argue that Marva's eye apparel was handled way better than the actual breedable eyes were...
arcaneidolriots wrote on 2019-05-20 13:17:02:
BlueJaysFeather wrote on 2019-05-20 11:24:53:
I'm so done with everything about natural eye types at this point. I wish they had never been added to the game. Nothing about them feels like it's been implemented in a way that considers the feelings of older players, and I'm honestly about ready to cry over how the staff have expressed their plans to move forward with it.

Eyepocalypse will always be the one update where I believe the devs just did not think their concept through at all. And part of that is because players were never told that this feature was coming, unlike many of the other site revamp features over the years. They could have avoided so many issues surrounding Eyepocalypse if there was a Developer Update news post about this release several months beforehand where they announced they were going to update dragon eye colours to standardize them and introduce an RNG element to eyes in breeding. Because players would have had a chance to warn them of the potential issues of such an update.

Eyepocalypse was a mess of poor implementation, lack of forethought, and missed opportunities. (Seriously, Eye Type Vials could have been an amazing and much needed treasure sink if the devs actually thought their concept out more.) And it's so sad because I think most players really do like the Eye Types. It's a cool idea and fun cosmetic element to play with. But it's not cool when our only option to get the cool thing amounts to get lucky with RNG because randomness is fun, right?
Like if the anniversary last year had just been Eyewings and all the new features they were going to roll out I personally would've been stoked.

I just remember logging in that night at rollover expecting a cool familiar and being so confused because the eyes looked more like a Marva thing than like a baked-in site feature, and that was even before it came to light just how broken the Scattersight odds were.

Edit: I didn't finish my thought before posting oops...

Like the complete lack of transparency from Staff beforehand and the way it was announced and it's limited run felt very forced-gimmicky from the get go and nothing since it's released has given me any indication that it was planned out for more than a month before released, aside from maybe Marva's eye apparel.

Even then I'd argue that Marva's eye apparel was handled way better than the actual breedable eyes were...

“Denizens of the Volt-Lands”
She/They/He | FR Time +0
[quote name="Dokvganryuu" date="2019-05-20 13:18:34" ] I would [i]still [/i]buy it even if it were the price of a Gem gene. A price like that just for a few pixels of [i]already-made art [/i]that gets me the eyes I want for my gen ones. The staff is out of their minds to pass this opportunity up. [/quote] Exactly!! The concept related to making money for them is right there! People would be enticed to buy gems to finish their breeding project and they would get a decent sum of money if a fair amount of time. This is partly why I am so sad that they do not take the time to at least reconsider about the scatterscolls. So many players want them. I still have one in my hoard just in case there is something about the scatterscolls that will come out one day in one way or another.
Dokvganryuu wrote on 2019-05-20 13:18:34:

I would still buy it even if it were the price of a Gem gene. A price like that just for a few pixels of already-made art that gets me the eyes I want for my gen ones. The staff is out of their minds to pass this opportunity up.

Exactly!! The concept related to making money for them is right there! People would be enticed to buy gems to finish their breeding project and they would get a decent sum of money if a fair amount of time. This is partly why I am so sad that they do not take the time to at least reconsider about the scatterscolls. So many players want them. I still have one in my hoard just in case there is something about the scatterscolls that will come out one day in one way or another.
Everything about this is just poorly thought out on their end.

I don't like the element of sneakiness they participated in on this front. It really feels like the news post was posted as a way to distract most players from the fact that someone then posted on the suggestion threads, gave a firm, resounding "no" where it just seems like they're ignoring user feedback, and then close the threads.

I've never been as disappointed with the design decisions made in this game as I have been now.
Everything about this is just poorly thought out on their end.

I don't like the element of sneakiness they participated in on this front. It really feels like the news post was posted as a way to distract most players from the fact that someone then posted on the suggestion threads, gave a firm, resounding "no" where it just seems like they're ignoring user feedback, and then close the threads.

I've never been as disappointed with the design decisions made in this game as I have been now.
Why does air even come in different temperatures?
[quote name="BlueJaysFeather" date="2019-05-20 11:24:53" ] I'm so done with everything about natural eye types at this point. I wish they had never been added to the game. Nothing about them feels like it's been implemented in a way that considers the feelings of older players, and I'm honestly about ready to cry over how the staff have expressed their plans to move forward with it. [/quote] This is how I feel too, honestly. :c I almost cried when I opened up FR to two alerts for subscribed threads... which were just announcements to say they’d been locked. I’ve [b]never[/b] seen a thread in Suggestions get locked for “we won’t add this” before, and never expected to see these harmless, creative, discussion-filled threads get shut down. I’d rather have the old default eyes back and no extra eye types than these terribly-handled Natural eye types. It was such a cool concept, but changing the eyes of all 40 million dragons on site (as of June 8, 2018), locking everyone out of ever getting new Natural eyes on their favorite dragons, and walling new breeding projects behind absolutely dismal RNG... That’s not fun; that just hurts. ;__;
I'm so done with everything about natural eye types at this point. I wish they had never been added to the game. Nothing about them feels like it's been implemented in a way that considers the feelings of older players, and I'm honestly about ready to cry over how the staff have expressed their plans to move forward with it.

This is how I feel too, honestly. :c I almost cried when I opened up FR to two alerts for subscribed threads... which were just announcements to say they’d been locked. I’ve never seen a thread in Suggestions get locked for “we won’t add this” before, and never expected to see these harmless, creative, discussion-filled threads get shut down.

I’d rather have the old default eyes back and no extra eye types than these terribly-handled Natural eye types. It was such a cool concept, but changing the eyes of all 40 million dragons on site (as of June 8, 2018), locking everyone out of ever getting new Natural eyes on their favorite dragons, and walling new breeding projects behind absolutely dismal RNG... That’s not fun; that just hurts. ;__;
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
I'm a little confused as to why they can give out a skycat/sprites/ect but the vials are a special type of retired?

I mean, i also think the statement 'we wish we hadn't done it' is a bit odd when it would b a pretty easy to fix to just make them available again somehow. I don't think anyone would care at this point. Its still a randomiser so the amount of treasure/gems you'd have to sink into it would vary person to person no matter what the price was. I spent 30k gems on scatterscrolls for a double, my friend spent like 3k. It's fine. Thats how randomisers are. So no one's gonna get salty about paying more for it whilst it was limited (I doubt)
I'm a little confused as to why they can give out a skycat/sprites/ect but the vials are a special type of retired?

I mean, i also think the statement 'we wish we hadn't done it' is a bit odd when it would b a pretty easy to fix to just make them available again somehow. I don't think anyone would care at this point. Its still a randomiser so the amount of treasure/gems you'd have to sink into it would vary person to person no matter what the price was. I spent 30k gems on scatterscrolls for a double, my friend spent like 3k. It's fine. Thats how randomisers are. So no one's gonna get salty about paying more for it whilst it was limited (I doubt)
Calathea-elderflower.png
@Illiobillium
That's all fair. I deleted my original post in the thread, since I don't think it added much to the discussion.
Someone else in this thread mentioned that FR was specifically advertised as not having unavoidable random mechanics - which I didn't know, and I can't say I know much about what other pet sites are out there. I personally don't mind having a blend of random and nonrandom mechanics, but I guess there's a bigger context to that debate than I was aware of.

I tend to get a bit stressed out when it seems like people are getting really angry with the developers, because it often seems to me to be coming out of the blue, and if I were in the developers position, people getting suddenly super mad about random aspects of something I'd put a lot of work into would be upsetting! But again, there's probably context I'm missing.

Threads on the topic being deleted rather than locked is genuinely pretty weird and skeevy. If that's something that's happened before, especially if it's happened often, I can see where people would be getting upset.

People have mentioned that the developers used to be more directly engaged with the community on suggestions/feedback, and used to have polls and the like. I'm guessing part of why that stopped was just the community getting too large to engage with as an entity? But if the developers end up seeing the community as an adversary or as something to be managed, rather than engaged with, even just for practical reasons, that could definitely be detrimental.

I'm probably gonna go right back to being a casual player and not really engaging with long-running issues like this, but this has been interesting.
@Illiobillium
That's all fair. I deleted my original post in the thread, since I don't think it added much to the discussion.
Someone else in this thread mentioned that FR was specifically advertised as not having unavoidable random mechanics - which I didn't know, and I can't say I know much about what other pet sites are out there. I personally don't mind having a blend of random and nonrandom mechanics, but I guess there's a bigger context to that debate than I was aware of.

I tend to get a bit stressed out when it seems like people are getting really angry with the developers, because it often seems to me to be coming out of the blue, and if I were in the developers position, people getting suddenly super mad about random aspects of something I'd put a lot of work into would be upsetting! But again, there's probably context I'm missing.

Threads on the topic being deleted rather than locked is genuinely pretty weird and skeevy. If that's something that's happened before, especially if it's happened often, I can see where people would be getting upset.

People have mentioned that the developers used to be more directly engaged with the community on suggestions/feedback, and used to have polls and the like. I'm guessing part of why that stopped was just the community getting too large to engage with as an entity? But if the developers end up seeing the community as an adversary or as something to be managed, rather than engaged with, even just for practical reasons, that could definitely be detrimental.

I'm probably gonna go right back to being a casual player and not really engaging with long-running issues like this, but this has been interesting.
[quote name="Ningyo" date="2019-05-20 13:24:21" ] [quote name="BlueJaysFeather" date="2019-05-20 11:24:53" ] I'm so done with everything about natural eye types at this point. I wish they had never been added to the game. Nothing about them feels like it's been implemented in a way that considers the feelings of older players, and I'm honestly about ready to cry over how the staff have expressed their plans to move forward with it. [/quote] This is how I feel too, honestly. :c I almost cried when I opened up FR to two alerts for subscribed threads... which were just announcements to say they’d been locked. I’ve [b]never[/b] seen a thread in Suggestions get locked for “we won’t add this” before, and never expected to see these harmless, creative, discussion-filled threads get shut down. I’d rather have the old default eyes back and no extra eye types than these terribly-handled Natural eye types. It was such a cool concept, but changing the eyes of all 40 million dragons on site (as of June 8, 2018), locking everyone out of ever getting new Natural eyes on their favorite dragons, and walling new breeding projects behind absolutely dismal RNG... That’s not fun; that just hurts. ;__; [/quote] This so much. The whole situation has been a slap in the face for many users. From the bad implementation, the nearly year long silence despite many helpful and well thought out suggestions, and today's less than encouraging 'fix' to it all. To see a suggestion thread so resolutely locked like that really hurt: not even the "Bring back the sprites!" threads ever got locked (despite them saying for years it won't happen.)
Ningyo wrote on 2019-05-20 13:24:21:

This is how I feel too, honestly. :c I almost cried when I opened up FR to two alerts for subscribed threads... which were just announcements to say they’d been locked. I’ve never seen a thread in Suggestions get locked for “we won’t add this” before, and never expected to see these harmless, creative, discussion-filled threads get shut down.

I’d rather have the old default eyes back and no extra eye types than these terribly-handled Natural eye types. It was such a cool concept, but changing the eyes of all 40 million dragons on site (as of June 8, 2018), locking everyone out of ever getting new Natural eyes on their favorite dragons, and walling new breeding projects behind absolutely dismal RNG... That’s not fun; that just hurts. ;__;

This so much. The whole situation has been a slap in the face for many users. From the bad implementation, the nearly year long silence despite many helpful and well thought out suggestions, and today's less than encouraging 'fix' to it all. To see a suggestion thread so resolutely locked like that really hurt: not even the "Bring back the sprites!" threads ever got locked (despite them saying for years it won't happen.)
[b]ah [emoji=guardian deadpan size=2], here we go again[/b] ok in all seriousness, i feel there's improvement in how new eyes are being distributed but yeah, there should be some way to put the older eye types on old dragons
ah , here we go again

ok in all seriousness, i feel there's improvement in how new eyes are being distributed but yeah, there should be some way to put the older eye types on old dragons
shira // any pronouns // // +3 FR time
kirby.gif
The problem with the Vials of Scattersight is the hard reality you could need [s]an infinite amount*[/s] a very high number of vials (and clicks) to get the desired eye on your dragon(s). That's frustrating, stressful, and not fun. If we had to go back and make the choice again, we wouldn't release the item. Galore did present a way for us to find a compromise on natural eye type implementation. We agree with you, this could have been implemented better and we're working on that. Regarding the forums, feedback, and the perception of censorship, please remember that the [i]Flight Rising[/i] forums are for discussion of the game and gameplay. [b]What does this mean?[/b] This means suggestions and discussions about gameplay are okay and welcome. Negative feedback or criticism is valuable, often more valuable than positive feedback—but for it to be on our forums, to be on our website, it needs to be [b]constructive[/b]. Threads with negative feedback, criticism, or discussion require moderation when the discussion goes from constructive gameplay focused feedback to comments that are focused more on the staff or team. These types of comments [b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005918783]must be submitted through Contact Us[/url][/b]: [quote]The [i]Flight Rising[/i] website is for entertainment purposes, it is a game and a space for players to relax and enjoy. However, for [i]Flight Rising[/i] employees, the website is their virtual workspace or office. What this means is: Stormlight Workshop, LLC has the obligation to ensure that their employees are able be present on and engage with the [i]Flight Rising[/i] website free from harassment or targeting. For this reason, discussion of our rules, policies, or employees on the [i]Flight Rising[/i] website is not permitted. [/quote] We aren't always able to respond with personalized replies but we read through and document all submitted feedback. I understand the intent of the thread was not to go in this direction, but after reading through it, the discussion's reached a point where the thread has to be locked under the above policy. [i]*(edit: hyperbole, my apologies!)[/i]
The problem with the Vials of Scattersight is the hard reality you could need an infinite amount* a very high number of vials (and clicks) to get the desired eye on your dragon(s). That's frustrating, stressful, and not fun. If we had to go back and make the choice again, we wouldn't release the item.

Galore did present a way for us to find a compromise on natural eye type implementation. We agree with you, this could have been implemented better and we're working on that.

Regarding the forums, feedback, and the perception of censorship, please remember that the Flight Rising forums are for discussion of the game and gameplay.

What does this mean?
This means suggestions and discussions about gameplay are okay and welcome. Negative feedback or criticism is valuable, often more valuable than positive feedback—but for it to be on our forums, to be on our website, it needs to be constructive.

Threads with negative feedback, criticism, or discussion require moderation when the discussion goes from constructive gameplay focused feedback to comments that are focused more on the staff or team.

These types of comments must be submitted through Contact Us:
Quote:
The Flight Rising website is for entertainment purposes, it is a game and a space for players to relax and enjoy. However, for Flight Rising employees, the website is their virtual workspace or office.

What this means is: Stormlight Workshop, LLC has the obligation to ensure that their employees are able be present on and engage with the Flight Rising website free from harassment or targeting.

For this reason, discussion of our rules, policies, or employees on the Flight Rising website is not permitted.

We aren't always able to respond with personalized replies but we read through and document all submitted feedback.

I understand the intent of the thread was not to go in this direction, but after reading through it, the discussion's reached a point where the thread has to be locked under the above policy.

*(edit: hyperbole, my apologies!)
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14