Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | closed
1 2 3
We definitely don't regret making the apparel system. It's vast, yes, but it brings a ton of value and enjoyment to a huge swath of our community. As a development team, however, we need to make sure we're enforcing all pillars (if not THE pillar) of the game's character, and that's a variety of interesting/awesome dragon designs.
We definitely don't regret making the apparel system. It's vast, yes, but it brings a ton of value and enjoyment to a huge swath of our community. As a development team, however, we need to make sure we're enforcing all pillars (if not THE pillar) of the game's character, and that's a variety of interesting/awesome dragon designs.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
@deermary
I'm pretty sure they were well aware of the consequences of the vast apparel system. It's not that hard, I mean: more apparel=more work.
@deermary
I'm pretty sure they were well aware of the consequences of the vast apparel system. It's not that hard, I mean: more apparel=more work.
[quote name="Jussie" date="2019-04-19 11:48:13" ] You know that basket of chips or breadsticks you get at a restaurant that keeps you from getting hangry? That's what it is :-p [/quote] This & I Think It Just Gives An Opporturnity To Show Of The Dragon's Actual Potential
Jussie wrote on 2019-04-19 11:48:13:
You know that basket of chips or breadsticks you get at a restaurant that keeps you from getting hangry? That's what it is :-p
This & I Think It Just Gives An Opporturnity To Show Of The Dragon's Actual Potential
I would really love to see, though, the apparel system revamped slightly to allow for fitted and non-fitted apparel. This would still bypass asking the artists to draw an ever-increasing pile of clothes on ancients (and for that matter, permababies), while still allowing players to gussy them up with things like seasonal winds and flowerfalls, which would be much easier to overlay.
I would really love to see, though, the apparel system revamped slightly to allow for fitted and non-fitted apparel. This would still bypass asking the artists to draw an ever-increasing pile of clothes on ancients (and for that matter, permababies), while still allowing players to gussy them up with things like seasonal winds and flowerfalls, which would be much easier to overlay.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
[quote name="FallenAngel" date="2019-04-19 11:49:41" ] I feel bad honestly. That's a TTTONNN of art for a single new modern breed. I wouldn't even wish that on my worst enemy. I wouldn't even be mad if they didn't do modern anymore. That amount of clothes is insane. [/quote] My thoughts exactly. Until the announcement of ancient breeds I was just fine with the idea of bogsneaks being the last new dragon breed lol.
FallenAngel wrote on 2019-04-19 11:49:41:
I feel bad honestly. That's a TTTONNN of art for a single new modern breed. I wouldn't even wish that on my worst enemy. I wouldn't even be mad if they didn't do modern anymore. That amount of clothes is insane.

My thoughts exactly. Until the announcement of ancient breeds I was just fine with the idea of bogsneaks being the last new dragon breed lol.
Honestly, I'm fine with Ancients not having apparel, since it means artists aren't constrained by the Modern breed rules & especially because half the reason they're doing it is to avoid crunch culture, which is refreshing considering how prevalent it is within the game industry.

Also, they'll be on a more frequent release schedule, so I won't have to worry about disliking potential new breeds (which, admittedly, was something I was worried about with Moderns).
Honestly, I'm fine with Ancients not having apparel, since it means artists aren't constrained by the Modern breed rules & especially because half the reason they're doing it is to avoid crunch culture, which is refreshing considering how prevalent it is within the game industry.

Also, they'll be on a more frequent release schedule, so I won't have to worry about disliking potential new breeds (which, admittedly, was something I was worried about with Moderns).
I'm still on the fence on this one. On one hand, new breed, yey! But on the other, I love prettifying my dragons so much that skins and apparel are a HUGE motivation for me to keep playing. I really don't like naked dragons but that's just my preference. I love that artists are still able to make skins for an ancient breed, though.

But I do understand the work required is exponential so I'm just hanging on to my seat until they release ancients. I'm pretty much willing to give them a chance.
I'm still on the fence on this one. On one hand, new breed, yey! But on the other, I love prettifying my dragons so much that skins and apparel are a HUGE motivation for me to keep playing. I really don't like naked dragons but that's just my preference. I love that artists are still able to make skins for an ancient breed, though.

But I do understand the work required is exponential so I'm just hanging on to my seat until they release ancients. I'm pretty much willing to give them a chance.
Vj90o7H.png
[quote name="Sienne" date="2019-04-20 07:06:09" ] I'm still on the fence on this one. On one hand, new breed, yey! But on the other, I love prettifying my dragons so much that skins and apparel are a HUGE motivation for me to keep playing. I really don't like naked dragons but that's just my preference. I love that artists are still able to make skins for an ancient breed, though. But I do understand the work required is exponential so I'm just hanging on to my seat until they release ancients. I'm pretty much willing to give them a chance. [/quote] I think we will see a shift toward artist created apparel that can be customize a la dressing room. A different piece of apparel per layer, buyer tell which pieces they want. Print it as a custom accent. It wont be cheap, but very doable. I feel as an artist it will allow for a lot of creativity.
Sienne wrote on 2019-04-20 07:06:09:

I think we will see a shift toward artist created apparel that can be customize a la dressing room. A different piece of apparel per layer, buyer tell which pieces they want. Print it as a custom accent. It wont be cheap, but very doable.

I feel as an artist it will allow for a lot of creativity.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
[quote name="Jussie" date="2019-04-20 07:43:58" ] [quote name="Sienne" date="2019-04-20 07:06:09" ] I'm still on the fence on this one. On one hand, new breed, yey! But on the other, I love prettifying my dragons so much that skins and apparel are a HUGE motivation for me to keep playing. I really don't like naked dragons but that's just my preference. I love that artists are still able to make skins for an ancient breed, though. But I do understand the work required is exponential so I'm just hanging on to my seat until they release ancients. I'm pretty much willing to give them a chance. [/quote] I think we will see a shift toward artist created apparel that can be customize a la dressing room. A different piece of apparel per layer, buyer tell which pieces they want. Print it as a custom accent. It wont be cheap, but very doable. I feel as an artist it will allow for a lot of creativity. [/quote] Yep. This is what gives me hope, actually. <3
Jussie wrote on 2019-04-20 07:43:58:
Sienne wrote on 2019-04-20 07:06:09:

I think we will see a shift toward artist created apparel that can be customize a la dressing room. A different piece of apparel per layer, buyer tell which pieces they want. Print it as a custom accent. It wont be cheap, but very doable.

I feel as an artist it will allow for a lot of creativity.

Yep. This is what gives me hope, actually. <3
Vj90o7H.png
[quote name="Jussie" date="2019-04-19 11:48:13" ] You know that basket of chips or breadsticks you get at a restaurant that keeps you from getting hangry? That's what it is :-p [/quote] This analogy is my favorite so far lol, so true
Jussie wrote on 2019-04-19 11:48:13:
You know that basket of chips or breadsticks you get at a restaurant that keeps you from getting hangry? That's what it is :-p
This analogy is my favorite so far lol, so true
x.x
zPhqDAB.png x

tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
x

Ashki
earth dom lead

sales | mercs
goals | mochi
x

tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
x