Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Dragon Breed Development
1 2 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 158 159
YAY!!
YAY!!
-CA
[quote name="MurkyDepths" date="2019-04-15 13:58:42" ] Wait wait, so EACH ancient breed will have their own genes? That sounds like so much more work! Unique genes for every breed? How much would it suck if we still get one gene update per month but not it only effects one breed? Answer: A WHOLE LOT Unless, ancient breeds only have one set of genes? Yeah then they're just familiars you can change the colour of. Liking this less and less the more I think about it. [/quote] This is starting to become my thought, too... :( As exciting as the base concept is, it sounds like a massive amount of extra work? If every Ancient will have its own unique genes, [b]plus[/b] the ongoing work on new Modern breeds, genes, and apparel... That’s looking to be quite a hassle. Let’s say we have 4 Ancient breeds. Each Ancient has 3 unique genes. That’s 12 breed-exclusive genes, multiplied by female, male, and hatchling— so 36 unique patterns/“mutations” that would need to be drawn, on top of the already-heavy workload for Modern breeds. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still looking forward to seeing what Ancients we’ll get, but... Are you guys sure that it won’t pull away from work on new Modern breeds? Quality over quantity: I don’t mind waiting a while longer if it means we can get a fully fleshed-out dragon breed! Right now, I’m concerned that this will spread the art team too thin and essentially be a “Look, something new and shiny!” update that falls into obscurity when the novelty wears off. If each Ancient breed has exclusive genes, and isn’t compatible with Modern or even other Ancient breeds’ genes, I can’t imagine that each breed will have many genes of its own (as that’s a lot of work for something so exclusive)... That makes them glorified familiars, basically.
MurkyDepths wrote on 2019-04-15 13:58:42:
Wait wait, so EACH ancient breed will have their own genes? That sounds like so much more work! Unique genes for every breed?

How much would it suck if we still get one gene update per month but not it only effects one breed?

Answer: A WHOLE LOT

Unless, ancient breeds only have one set of genes?

Yeah then they're just familiars you can change the colour of.

Liking this less and less the more I think about it.

This is starting to become my thought, too... :(

As exciting as the base concept is, it sounds like a massive amount of extra work? If every Ancient will have its own unique genes, plus the ongoing work on new Modern breeds, genes, and apparel... That’s looking to be quite a hassle.

Let’s say we have 4 Ancient breeds. Each Ancient has 3 unique genes. That’s 12 breed-exclusive genes, multiplied by female, male, and hatchling— so 36 unique patterns/“mutations” that would need to be drawn, on top of the already-heavy workload for Modern breeds.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m still looking forward to seeing what Ancients we’ll get, but... Are you guys sure that it won’t pull away from work on new Modern breeds?

Quality over quantity: I don’t mind waiting a while longer if it means we can get a fully fleshed-out dragon breed!

Right now, I’m concerned that this will spread the art team too thin and essentially be a “Look, something new and shiny!” update that falls into obscurity when the novelty wears off. If each Ancient breed has exclusive genes, and isn’t compatible with Modern or even other Ancient breeds’ genes, I can’t imagine that each breed will have many genes of its own (as that’s a lot of work for something so exclusive)...

That makes them glorified familiars, basically.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
I've decided to reserve judgment on these.

However, I will say that this feels a lot like the beginning of the site, where dragons had more individual value and there were fewer genes. It will be interesting to see how the economy reacts to this new breed which will NOT be able to breed with pre-existing dragons.

Guess I'm saving up for new releases now.
I've decided to reserve judgment on these.

However, I will say that this feels a lot like the beginning of the site, where dragons had more individual value and there were fewer genes. It will be interesting to see how the economy reacts to this new breed which will NOT be able to breed with pre-existing dragons.

Guess I'm saving up for new releases now.
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
Wow. Ancient breeds? Cool! And with a separate set of genes for [b]each individual ancient breed[/b]? Also cool! It's just a shame I won't be around to see the first one [emoji=guardian sad] At least I have plenty of treasure and gems saved up. Just gotta make sure I don't spend it all, right? [emoji=coatl tongue] [emoji=coatl winking] Kudos to you guys for taking care of all your employees in terms of fair pay and avoiding "crunch" situations!
Wow. Ancient breeds? Cool! And with a separate set of genes for each individual ancient breed? Also cool! It's just a shame I won't be around to see the first one
At least I have plenty of treasure and gems saved up. Just gotta make sure I don't spend it all, right?

Kudos to you guys for taking care of all your employees in terms of fair pay and avoiding "crunch" situations!
0gldo0m.png
Im a little worried, too. Seems like dragons you cant dress up, can only mate with each other, and have 1 type of gene..? I mean I def like the way they are adding new breeds, but at the same time I wish they would release breeds like the ones we have, even if we only get them every couple of years. Quality over quantity, guys.. I guess we can't know for sure 'till they come out, but its doesnt sound too good to me at least. Cool though, even if they are just color changing familiars
Im a little worried, too. Seems like dragons you cant dress up, can only mate with each other, and have 1 type of gene..? I mean I def like the way they are adding new breeds, but at the same time I wish they would release breeds like the ones we have, even if we only get them every couple of years. Quality over quantity, guys.. I guess we can't know for sure 'till they come out, but its doesnt sound too good to me at least. Cool though, even if they are just color changing familiars
145147204&trans=1.jpg
Pet's name: Rosette
So the first ancient breed will be those ridiculous looking things from the silhouette then? Hahaha
So the first ancient breed will be those ridiculous looking things from the silhouette then? Hahaha
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
Whoo, I might just be mad enough to make a mono-ancient dragon lair. I'd save millions on avoiding dress up.
Whoo, I might just be mad enough to make a mono-ancient dragon lair. I'd save millions on avoiding dress up.
hisscale_fr_sig_fun_just_top___copy_by_hisscale-dalw0n9.png
I'm excited for June 8th, can't wait to see what the 1st ancient breed looks like :)
I'm excited for June 8th, can't wait to see what the 1st ancient breed looks like :)
April showers bring forth May flowers
We understand some of you may feel concerned, but hang in there! The feature isn't even out yet. [emoji=spiral winking] We're documenting your questions and suggestions for review. I encourage anyone worried about breed development to please to re-read the section about how we tackle it as a team. We have artists dedicated to new modern breeds. Modern breed development continues [b]uninterrupted[/b]. As for ancient breeds, they're designed with [b]efficiency[/b] and exclusivity at the forefront. Once the first ancient breed is released on our 6th Anniversary Celebration, give them some time to be a part of daily gameplay. Get a feel for them. See where they fit. If you still feel concerned then, please feel free to send the team a message through [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/site/contact-us]Contact Us[/url][/b] to share your thoughts and concerns with us. [emoji=new friend]
We understand some of you may feel concerned, but hang in there! The feature isn't even out yet.

We're documenting your questions and suggestions for review. I encourage anyone worried about breed development to please to re-read the section about how we tackle it as a team.

We have artists dedicated to new modern breeds. Modern breed development continues uninterrupted. As for ancient breeds, they're designed with efficiency and exclusivity at the forefront.

Once the first ancient breed is released on our 6th Anniversary Celebration, give them some time to be a part of daily gameplay. Get a feel for them. See where they fit. If you still feel concerned then, please feel free to send the team a message through Contact Us to share your thoughts and concerns with us.
awesome!! im so excited to see the ancient breeds designs :D
awesome!! im so excited to see the ancient breeds designs :D
1 2 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 158 159