Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Goat and Swirl Eye Types
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 122 123
Has anyone actually gotten one of the things yet? There is none on the ah...
Has anyone actually gotten one of the things yet? There is none on the ah...
Sometimes I wonder why people post fodder at like, 1000kt.

Then I realize it benefits me, so I don't care!

She/her Pings make me happy! Mass scryer
I gotta say, I'm beginning to understand why people were so unhappy with the eye update. :\ I understand the natural eyes are supposed to be, well, natural, but that's not really an excuse to make Goat literally impossible to obtain on old dragons. That's like saying we can't put a new gene on the launch breeds, or making a new apparel set that only works on Bogsneaks and Nocturnes. (Seriously, as bad as the RNG is for Scattersights, at least you can theoretically obtain Faceted/Multi/Primal for an old dragon)

Shame, because I was looking forward to new eye types & these two are nice, but I can't get excited because I can't apply one of them to my existing dragons & don't fancy rebreeding & grinding for levels/battlestones.
I gotta say, I'm beginning to understand why people were so unhappy with the eye update. :\ I understand the natural eyes are supposed to be, well, natural, but that's not really an excuse to make Goat literally impossible to obtain on old dragons. That's like saying we can't put a new gene on the launch breeds, or making a new apparel set that only works on Bogsneaks and Nocturnes. (Seriously, as bad as the RNG is for Scattersights, at least you can theoretically obtain Faceted/Multi/Primal for an old dragon)

Shame, because I was looking forward to new eye types & these two are nice, but I can't get excited because I can't apply one of them to my existing dragons & don't fancy rebreeding & grinding for levels/battlestones.
can we get a number on what the rarity of goat eyes?
or maybe just a "it's as common as X eyes" would do, I'd just like to know how many breeding projects I should start and what my chances are..
can we get a number on what the rarity of goat eyes?
or maybe just a "it's as common as X eyes" would do, I'd just like to know how many breeding projects I should start and what my chances are..
fellefansigadopts1.gifartshopN.png
_
F E L L E F A N
call me Fella
Artist | 25 | +9h | he/she
• Dragonsona
• DeviantArt
• Linktree
• Speedpaints
• Characters______________
my-emblem-sig.png
Hi everyone! We understand that not every update will be universally liked, but please keep your comments constructive. Comments that are not constructive or are more about employees/the team will be removed. This also includes any post quoting those comments.

If you have suggestions about eye types, please use our Suggestions forum. If you have feedback regarding the team and team decisions, please use Contact Us.
Hi everyone! We understand that not every update will be universally liked, but please keep your comments constructive. Comments that are not constructive or are more about employees/the team will be removed. This also includes any post quoting those comments.

If you have suggestions about eye types, please use our Suggestions forum. If you have feedback regarding the team and team decisions, please use Contact Us.
Yeeeeeesssss!!!!

Yeeeeeesssss!!!!

Yeeeeeesssss!!!!

Yeeeeeesssss!!!!

Nice!
Nice!
I'd love for the scattersight to give a chance of goat eyes too but I also sort of understand why they dont.

Also i love both of them so much. I am gonna have to coli grind this weekend now, staff D: (but really :D )
I'd love for the scattersight to give a chance of goat eyes too but I also sort of understand why they dont.

Also i love both of them so much. I am gonna have to coli grind this weekend now, staff D: (but really :D )
rSvYfKQ.png MjqG2rA.png QFMsHc3.png
Perm dragons are first page of lair and first two pages of hibden :)
So...I still really like the idea of different eye types, still not a fan of the execution and of adding completely uncontrollable elements to a mechanic that had been controllable for years... and I guess we're continuing on that train? I love the goat eyes a lot but I don't understand why we're completely locking out all dragons that already exist. It's really frustrating x_x
So...I still really like the idea of different eye types, still not a fan of the execution and of adding completely uncontrollable elements to a mechanic that had been controllable for years... and I guess we're continuing on that train? I love the goat eyes a lot but I don't understand why we're completely locking out all dragons that already exist. It's really frustrating x_x
UEKFohX.png
Okay, gonna try posting again since my original comment got removed:

Swirl is cool, and it’s great that it’s a Coli vial! That means that no dragons are locked out of getting those eyes. All players have a chance to get Swirl on their favorite dragons.

Goat eyes are also cool, but... I really, really don’t like that they’re hatch-only. The fact that they can’t even be applied through Scattersights means over 50,000,000 dragons are locked out of the chance to ever have those eyes. People will never, ever be able to put them on their progens or favorite dragons— which are irreplaceable! We can’t breed for new progens or old special dragons (gifts, sentimental dragons, etc.). :(

Please, if you’re going to make more Natural types, put them in the Scattersight pool- and then possibly bring back Scattersights every anniversary.

Eyes affect literally nothing at all except for aesthetic. There’s no good reason to make them 100% actually impossible to get on existing dragons— you can’t breed for them like genes, so there will still be a market for buying and selling rare-eyed dragons.

But locking all existing dragons out of the Natural eye types, particularly Goat since it’s not even scatterable, goes against the “Customize your perfect dragon” spirit that FR advertised itself with for all of these years.

Please, please reconsider your stance on breeding-exclusive eyes. :( Please.

(and... I’d still really love to see the old Common/default eyes come back. My dragons still don’t look right.)
Okay, gonna try posting again since my original comment got removed:

Swirl is cool, and it’s great that it’s a Coli vial! That means that no dragons are locked out of getting those eyes. All players have a chance to get Swirl on their favorite dragons.

Goat eyes are also cool, but... I really, really don’t like that they’re hatch-only. The fact that they can’t even be applied through Scattersights means over 50,000,000 dragons are locked out of the chance to ever have those eyes. People will never, ever be able to put them on their progens or favorite dragons— which are irreplaceable! We can’t breed for new progens or old special dragons (gifts, sentimental dragons, etc.). :(

Please, if you’re going to make more Natural types, put them in the Scattersight pool- and then possibly bring back Scattersights every anniversary.

Eyes affect literally nothing at all except for aesthetic. There’s no good reason to make them 100% actually impossible to get on existing dragons— you can’t breed for them like genes, so there will still be a market for buying and selling rare-eyed dragons.

But locking all existing dragons out of the Natural eye types, particularly Goat since it’s not even scatterable, goes against the “Customize your perfect dragon” spirit that FR advertised itself with for all of these years.

Please, please reconsider your stance on breeding-exclusive eyes. :( Please.

(and... I’d still really love to see the old Common/default eyes come back. My dragons still don’t look right.)
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 122 123