Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | fix other genes first
1 2 3 4
[quote name="Midorikage" date="2018-10-21 13:25:04" ] [quote name="BlindBard" date="2018-10-21 11:13:23" ] Support. I love the newest set of genes, but I'd rather see some of the art errors fixed that have stopped me from buying certain colour/gene combos that I really want [b]for years[/b]. [...] No, no, no. If it's an error it should be fixed. There may be some people who get dragons because of their quirks, but there's other people who want the dragons with the fixed colours/genes. Staff should rather release genes that do the all black markings or create an effect like the one Python has on f Pearlcatchers or whatever [i]on purpose[/i]. I want to be able to get my dream dragon in a specific colouration but I can't get it on my preferred breed because it's broken on that breed (Copper Runes) and I'm certain other people feel that way about some of the other art errors. [/quote] You need to consider that some paid actual irl moneys to buys said genes, especially in the case of Iri/Shim I own a few dragons with the "wrong" shading myself (checked because of this thread) and I'd hate for them to change; I'm sure that for many others it's the same. Also it's absolutely not possible for them to do an identycal gene with slightly different colorations on a few colors only, just like they couldn't keep two versions of Jup/Sat [/quote] Unfortunately, you can't really use the 'real money' because the site reserves the right to change anything they want at any time. (paraphrasing) Plus, if that were the case, they couldn't have changed any old colors (see the seafoam debacle), apparel, or the old eyes, because people have paid money to get those, and/or paid money for accessories with those specific things in mind, not the revamped versions. I do agree that they shouldn't do identical genes except for colors as that would just be very confusing, but I often wish for similar genes that are done differently. Such as with jupiter/saturn, I believe the one the yorigiinally released was looser and now releasing a new version that has the looser patterning in different colors would be something I think wouldn't be TOO confusing. They could also mitigate problems with the confusion by making the new genes the exact same cost and rarity, so that even if a person DOES buy a dragon, thinking they have one gene, but it has the other, unless they specifically needed THAT particular gene (instead of buying the dragon because they like it and wanted to breed it to a nother dragon with genes with similar rarity), then they can still breed it to another dragon without having to regene it. (and with the new AH, if they wanted a dragon with specific genes, it is easy to only look for those specific genes) @Ningyo Thank you, I always got confused on that, because I was never quite sure whether it was NEW iri/shim that had the incorrect brightness or whether it was the OLD iri/shim.
Midorikage wrote on 2018-10-21 13:25:04:
BlindBard wrote on 2018-10-21 11:13:23:
Support. I love the newest set of genes, but I'd rather see some of the art errors fixed that have stopped me from buying certain colour/gene combos that I really want for years.

[...]

No, no, no. If it's an error it should be fixed. There may be some people who get dragons because of their quirks, but there's other people who want the dragons with the fixed colours/genes.

Staff should rather release genes that do the all black markings or create an effect like the one Python has on f Pearlcatchers or whatever on purpose.

I want to be able to get my dream dragon in a specific colouration but I can't get it on my preferred breed because it's broken on that breed (Copper Runes) and I'm certain other people feel that way about some of the other art errors.

You need to consider that some paid actual irl moneys to buys said genes, especially in the case of Iri/Shim

I own a few dragons with the "wrong" shading myself (checked because of this thread) and I'd hate for them to change; I'm sure that for many others it's the same.

Also it's absolutely not possible for them to do an identycal gene with slightly different colorations on a few colors only, just like they couldn't keep two versions of Jup/Sat
Unfortunately, you can't really use the 'real money' because the site reserves the right to change anything they want at any time. (paraphrasing)

Plus, if that were the case, they couldn't have changed any old colors (see the seafoam debacle), apparel, or the old eyes, because people have paid money to get those, and/or paid money for accessories with those specific things in mind, not the revamped versions.

I do agree that they shouldn't do identical genes except for colors as that would just be very confusing, but I often wish for similar genes that are done differently. Such as with jupiter/saturn, I believe the one the yorigiinally released was looser and now releasing a new version that has the looser patterning in different colors would be something I think wouldn't be TOO confusing. They could also mitigate problems with the confusion by making the new genes the exact same cost and rarity, so that even if a person DOES buy a dragon, thinking they have one gene, but it has the other, unless they specifically needed THAT particular gene (instead of buying the dragon because they like it and wanted to breed it to a nother dragon with genes with similar rarity), then they can still breed it to another dragon without having to regene it. (and with the new AH, if they wanted a dragon with specific genes, it is easy to only look for those specific genes)

@Ningyo

Thank you, I always got confused on that, because I was never quite sure whether it was NEW iri/shim that had the incorrect brightness or whether it was the OLD iri/shim.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Please! I would be perfectly fine if they delayed things to fix some errors. They don't have to stop releases completely. They could just take turns with releases. New release, fixed errors, new release, etc. Also, can we get a fix on spines and capsule? There are anatomy errors on those genes that are just garish to look at. Spines needs to follow the path of the spine, and we shouldn't be able to seen entirely through a dragon with capsule.
Please! I would be perfectly fine if they delayed things to fix some errors. They don't have to stop releases completely. They could just take turns with releases. New release, fixed errors, new release, etc. Also, can we get a fix on spines and capsule? There are anatomy errors on those genes that are just garish to look at. Spines needs to follow the path of the spine, and we shouldn't be able to seen entirely through a dragon with capsule.
Ribbon1.pngRibbon2.pngRibbon3.png
Fixing markings that go outside the lines should be a priority- why aren't masks used during pattern creation? And spines (+ capsule on M Spirals) needs a lot of help. I like spines on the breeds where it works, but it looks so wonky on things like Snappers I can't use it on them. I'm not a fan of fixing things that weren't broken (I still miss the old roundhorns] but those kinds of mistakes are, well, broken.
Fixing markings that go outside the lines should be a priority- why aren't masks used during pattern creation? And spines (+ capsule on M Spirals) needs a lot of help. I like spines on the breeds where it works, but it looks so wonky on things like Snappers I can't use it on them. I'm not a fan of fixing things that weren't broken (I still miss the old roundhorns] but those kinds of mistakes are, well, broken.
r63jyAi.png
I wish I could unsee all these gene errors... seriously, these need fixing before ANY more genes are added.
I wish I could unsee all these gene errors... seriously, these need fixing before ANY more genes are added.
So. Much. Support. Especially on those quite noticable ones, especially on one I found myself:hunter buttefly on male tundras. errors are everywhere:slow down, rethink, and fix those genes that have been broken for 2 years. Theres no excuse
So. Much. Support. Especially on those quite noticable ones, especially on one I found myself:hunter buttefly on male tundras. errors are everywhere:slow down, rethink, and fix those genes that have been broken for 2 years. Theres no excuse
zorua.gif He/they/it/xe ani_bw-S_487-origin.gif
Full support. New content is given way to much priority if it means ignoring art bugs for multiple years. We don't need new genes, familiars, and apparel every month.
If bugs are corrected within the first couple months of somethings release, it minimizes the problem of people buying for that bug (ex. new iri/shim colors) and getting used to the bug as the norm. They've let all these bugs fester for so long that fixing them now would likely result in an enormous player backlash.

Some of these mistakes give the sense that the artists are far to rushed in getting something out "on time". I can understand the auto-coloring tool mistakes far more than forgetting to add a gene pattern to entire areas of a dragon or not checking genes over for out-bounds-marks. How those even happen is beyond me as I would have assumed genes are drawn on with clipping masks and that shouldn't even be possible...
Full support. New content is given way to much priority if it means ignoring art bugs for multiple years. We don't need new genes, familiars, and apparel every month.
If bugs are corrected within the first couple months of somethings release, it minimizes the problem of people buying for that bug (ex. new iri/shim colors) and getting used to the bug as the norm. They've let all these bugs fester for so long that fixing them now would likely result in an enormous player backlash.

Some of these mistakes give the sense that the artists are far to rushed in getting something out "on time". I can understand the auto-coloring tool mistakes far more than forgetting to add a gene pattern to entire areas of a dragon or not checking genes over for out-bounds-marks. How those even happen is beyond me as I would have assumed genes are drawn on with clipping masks and that shouldn't even be possible...
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
Hello! Please report any gene-specific art errors to the tracking thread in the Bug Reports forum. Thank you!
Hello! Please report any gene-specific art errors to the tracking thread in the Bug Reports forum. Thank you!
1 2 3 4