Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flight Rising Team Update
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 63 64
May you heal as quickly as possible with as little pain as possible, Undel.
May you heal as quickly as possible with as little pain as possible, Undel.
Get well soon Undel! Please recover well!
Get well soon Undel! Please recover well!
dhJpGiJ.gif
Get well soon Undel, take the time you need and rest well, even if its hard (as I know from experience xD)
Get well soon Undel, take the time you need and rest well, even if its hard (as I know from experience xD)
0daf0bq.gif3CqUIAq.gifhQ5VT34.gif
[quote name="SpaceHeart" date="2018-06-18 13:11:45" ] Why would you need to have a weird schedule with Thundercrack? It doesn't make sense why you would need to. As much as I wish for Undel's recovery, setting Thundercrack's schedule at a weird time is unexplained other than "it's going to happen". I'm curious as to know just why is Thundercrack getting put on a weird schedule? [/quote] We understand this is a departure from how it's been for the past five years, but we have to put the rest of the team's health first. This means we have to move away from midnight (or 3 am) updates, announcements, and festival start/end times. We will keep the community up to date on the festivals as we work out our team's new work flow and needs. @SpaceHeart
SpaceHeart wrote on 2018-06-18 13:11:45:
Why would you need to have a weird schedule with Thundercrack? It doesn't make sense why you would need to.

As much as I wish for Undel's recovery, setting Thundercrack's schedule at a weird time is unexplained other than "it's going to happen". I'm curious as to know just why is Thundercrack getting put on a weird schedule?

We understand this is a departure from how it's been for the past five years, but we have to put the rest of the team's health first. This means we have to move away from midnight (or 3 am) updates, announcements, and festival start/end times.

We will keep the community up to date on the festivals as we work out our team's new work flow and needs.

@SpaceHeart
Best wishes to Undel, I hope she feels better soon!
Best wishes to Undel, I hope she feels better soon!
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!

she/her or they/them
Oof I almost didn't notice this!
Sending Undel wishes of healing until she feels better!
Oof I almost didn't notice this!
Sending Undel wishes of healing until she feels better!
xwx

POV YOURE JUST A LITTLE HATER
Wishing you a speedy recovery, Undel! And wishing the rest of the FR all of the best in getting the site through this time!
Wishing you a speedy recovery, Undel! And wishing the rest of the FR all of the best in getting the site through this time!
l29.pngs21.pngo664-d02-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d03-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d04-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d01-R-Cirrostratus.png - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - iA6Dl9p.png
Hope she get better soon!
Hope she get better soon!
3d8637d4e0c3a40a9104ee27b702ba84.png
TvGyETb.gif
NbSkF1v.gif
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2018-06-18 13:29:10" ] [quote name="SpaceHeart" date="2018-06-18 13:11:45" ] Why would you need to have a weird schedule with Thundercrack? It doesn't make sense why you would need to. As much as I wish for Undel's recovery, setting Thundercrack's schedule at a weird time is unexplained other than "it's going to happen". I'm curious as to know just why is Thundercrack getting put on a weird schedule? [/quote] We understand this is a departure from how it's been for the past five years, but we have to put the rest of the team's health first. This means we have to move away from midnight (or 3 am) updates, announcements, and festival start/end times. We will keep the community up to date on the festivals as we work out our team's new work flow and needs. @SpaceHeart [/quote] What she said! To elaborate a lil' more: When the site first began, we implemented and kicked off holidays during the rollover period as a matter of technical necessity. We were a young site, and in case there were issues with the deployment, we wanted to make sure we utilized the already-scheduled maintenance to take care of it. As we've grown, the technical reason for deploying the holiday at rollover has become less necessary, as those processes have become more defined, more routine, and our site is that much more stable. That being said, implementing a holiday still requires manual work, and that work (as Aequorin mentioned) is being conducted at what amounts to 3:00am (EST) for most of our team. That's not a great time slot for those that don't normally work a night shift, so we are looking to bring the festivals into a more comfortable time period for our team to be present, engaged, and have a night's rest beforehand. While we certainly don't [i]mind[/i] launching the holidays at rollover, this is going to be a healthier move for us as a team to better support the site and Undel through her recovery.
Aequorin wrote on 2018-06-18 13:29:10:
SpaceHeart wrote on 2018-06-18 13:11:45:
Why would you need to have a weird schedule with Thundercrack? It doesn't make sense why you would need to.

As much as I wish for Undel's recovery, setting Thundercrack's schedule at a weird time is unexplained other than "it's going to happen". I'm curious as to know just why is Thundercrack getting put on a weird schedule?

We understand this is a departure from how it's been for the past five years, but we have to put the rest of the team's health first. This means we have to move away from midnight (or 3 am) updates, announcements, and festival start/end times.

We will keep the community up to date on the festivals as we work out our team's new work flow and needs.

@SpaceHeart

What she said! To elaborate a lil' more:

When the site first began, we implemented and kicked off holidays during the rollover period as a matter of technical necessity. We were a young site, and in case there were issues with the deployment, we wanted to make sure we utilized the already-scheduled maintenance to take care of it.

As we've grown, the technical reason for deploying the holiday at rollover has become less necessary, as those processes have become more defined, more routine, and our site is that much more stable. That being said, implementing a holiday still requires manual work, and that work (as Aequorin mentioned) is being conducted at what amounts to 3:00am (EST) for most of our team. That's not a great time slot for those that don't normally work a night shift, so we are looking to bring the festivals into a more comfortable time period for our team to be present, engaged, and have a night's rest beforehand. While we certainly don't mind launching the holidays at rollover, this is going to be a healthier move for us as a team to better support the site and Undel through her recovery.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
Best of wishes to you, Undel!
Best of wishes to you, Undel!
Oh, but can't you feel it?! The void, it's calling me- Calling all of us! It wants to eat our souls, so that we never ascend to the heavens, it wants to absorb us! It needs sustenance, so that it may expand and envelop this whole useless world! All that muck and grime, the ooze, it will fill every crevice of reality, and it will change the world into a paradise! All you have to do is live to see it!
And why aren't I scared? Because the void is the afterlife, and I am its Grim Reaper!
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 63 64