Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 5th Anniversary Celebration
1 2 ... 256 257 258 259 260 ... 304 305
This thread is now locked for a time-out. Vitriol, name-calling, and fighting is never okay.

If you have constructive feedback or suggestions regarding eye types, please send us a message through Contact Us.

This thread will be unlocked tomorrow, June 10th. Thank you.
This thread is now locked for a time-out. Vitriol, name-calling, and fighting is never okay.

If you have constructive feedback or suggestions regarding eye types, please send us a message through Contact Us.

This thread will be unlocked tomorrow, June 10th. Thank you.
Hello everyone! As a heads up, this thread has been cleaned up a bit.

To reiterate what was said in the opening post and what Mutron confirmed earlier in this thread:

The Vials of Scattersight will not be collectible through the Coliseum or Baldwin after rollover tonight (June 10, 2018) but existing Vials will remain in your Hoard waiting to be used or sold to other players at your discretion. (If you start a Baldwin brew before rollover, you will still be able to collect it after!)

We have also received some questions regarding Vial of Glowing Sight: this item is a permanent fixture in the Marketplace, so you do not have to rush in buying these, they'll stick around!

With regards to the update to the old common eye artwork:

The previous default/Common dragon eyes did not share a standardized coloration across breeds. In adding new tints with the Eye Types update, we found it necessary to fix that standardization so that they were more easily distinguished from one another. As we've stated in the past that there will be times where we will make the decision to update or refresh official artwork as needed for both style and game-play reasons, and this remains to be the case.

We recognize that this is something we normally include within the 'Additional Updates' section at the end of a content post and that leaving it out caused a bit of confusion. We apologize for that.

Regarding feedback, we have seen posts that are constructive and posts that are abusive. For those participating in the former, we thank you for taking the time to express and share your feelings with us.

With that said, we will not consider any suggestions, feedback, or discussions that are vitriolic or abusive in nature, be it directed at us or your fellow players. While we appreciate your passion for your dragons and our game and while we understand your dragons mean a great deal to you, it is not okay to cross the line into abuse - in any game, towards any team of developers, or with any community.

This thread has been unlocked; however, when discussing ideas or points of view, please take care to be civil and respectful to those you disagree with - this goes for everyone. If this thread returns to the direction it was in prior to the lock, it will be locked again and permanently.
Hello everyone! As a heads up, this thread has been cleaned up a bit.

To reiterate what was said in the opening post and what Mutron confirmed earlier in this thread:

The Vials of Scattersight will not be collectible through the Coliseum or Baldwin after rollover tonight (June 10, 2018) but existing Vials will remain in your Hoard waiting to be used or sold to other players at your discretion. (If you start a Baldwin brew before rollover, you will still be able to collect it after!)

We have also received some questions regarding Vial of Glowing Sight: this item is a permanent fixture in the Marketplace, so you do not have to rush in buying these, they'll stick around!

With regards to the update to the old common eye artwork:

The previous default/Common dragon eyes did not share a standardized coloration across breeds. In adding new tints with the Eye Types update, we found it necessary to fix that standardization so that they were more easily distinguished from one another. As we've stated in the past that there will be times where we will make the decision to update or refresh official artwork as needed for both style and game-play reasons, and this remains to be the case.

We recognize that this is something we normally include within the 'Additional Updates' section at the end of a content post and that leaving it out caused a bit of confusion. We apologize for that.

Regarding feedback, we have seen posts that are constructive and posts that are abusive. For those participating in the former, we thank you for taking the time to express and share your feelings with us.

With that said, we will not consider any suggestions, feedback, or discussions that are vitriolic or abusive in nature, be it directed at us or your fellow players. While we appreciate your passion for your dragons and our game and while we understand your dragons mean a great deal to you, it is not okay to cross the line into abuse - in any game, towards any team of developers, or with any community.

This thread has been unlocked; however, when discussing ideas or points of view, please take care to be civil and respectful to those you disagree with - this goes for everyone. If this thread returns to the direction it was in prior to the lock, it will be locked again and permanently.
Man, it really seems like they're not gonna add a "revert to common eyes" item, or make the scattersight vials a permanent item...

:(
Man, it really seems like they're not gonna add a "revert to common eyes" item, or make the scattersight vials a permanent item...

:(
no bls dont retire the scatters i have a wife and kids who need them
no bls dont retire the scatters i have a wife and kids who need them
Still retiring them... I think that’s a bit of a bad decision, three days is hardly enough time to make it fair on everyone. I’ve had to rely on Baldwin exclusively and have had very little time to grind due to my job. If retiring permanently I’d say give us at least a week...

Whatever though I guess, that’s how it will be then there seems to be no point offering other suggestions to it?
Still retiring them... I think that’s a bit of a bad decision, three days is hardly enough time to make it fair on everyone. I’ve had to rely on Baldwin exclusively and have had very little time to grind due to my job. If retiring permanently I’d say give us at least a week...

Whatever though I guess, that’s how it will be then there seems to be no point offering other suggestions to it?
kIkbHva.png bsf2fqJ.jpg
understandable, have a nice day
understandable, have a nice day
mew.png
chan ! she/he
twisted cycle path

art commissions (OPEN)
dragon sales
dressing service

chantric -> chanidae
Hm. I'm sad to hear that about the old common eyes, but I'm glad to have some confirmation about that - and the Scattersights! Thank you, Aequorin.

A thought I'll probably reiterate elsewhere. I've seen a lot of users complain about their particular flight's primal eyes. However, as other users enjoy those eyes, changing them would invite nothing but more drama and unhappiness.

Would it be possible for FR to release another type of eye in the same vein, maybe called Elemental - which would have the same theme, roughly, but a different visual effect? Users could even suggest things that they wanted to see for their particular flight. If nothing else, it's variation.
Hm. I'm sad to hear that about the old common eyes, but I'm glad to have some confirmation about that - and the Scattersights! Thank you, Aequorin.

A thought I'll probably reiterate elsewhere. I've seen a lot of users complain about their particular flight's primal eyes. However, as other users enjoy those eyes, changing them would invite nothing but more drama and unhappiness.

Would it be possible for FR to release another type of eye in the same vein, maybe called Elemental - which would have the same theme, roughly, but a different visual effect? Users could even suggest things that they wanted to see for their particular flight. If nothing else, it's variation.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
Hey staff, at least give us good answers on the other two questions everyone has on this update before taking away something people really like.
1) Why is the event so short with bad chances of getting our old dragons the eyes we want for them.
2) Why do you not want us to interact with a new core mechanic on the site going forward.
Hey staff, at least give us good answers on the other two questions everyone has on this update before taking away something people really like.
1) Why is the event so short with bad chances of getting our old dragons the eyes we want for them.
2) Why do you not want us to interact with a new core mechanic on the site going forward.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
7G6xGb.png
@Chelo
The glowing sight is permanent. It's in the gem marketplace.

As for the rest of this stuff going on... It's just eyes... Honestly, with most dragons you can't even see the eyes anyway. For me, it has even less of an effect (barring multi, primal and glowing) since the majority of dragons I have are Imperials and Skydancers and everyone knows their eyes are slits. That said, I get the feeling the people complaining the most about whatever this issue is (changing the original eyes somehow?) are those that have spirals and snappers filling their lairs haha. Otherwise I honestly didn't even notice the original eyes changed in some way...
@Chelo
The glowing sight is permanent. It's in the gem marketplace.

As for the rest of this stuff going on... It's just eyes... Honestly, with most dragons you can't even see the eyes anyway. For me, it has even less of an effect (barring multi, primal and glowing) since the majority of dragons I have are Imperials and Skydancers and everyone knows their eyes are slits. That said, I get the feeling the people complaining the most about whatever this issue is (changing the original eyes somehow?) are those that have spirals and snappers filling their lairs haha. Otherwise I honestly didn't even notice the original eyes changed in some way...
gs8As9u.png
@Chelo 'u' it looks like Vial of Glowing Sight is gunna be here to stay. [quote name="Aequorin" date="2018-06-10 10:27:01" ] We have also received some questions regarding Vial of Glowing Sight: this item is a [b]permanent [/b]fixture in the Marketplace, so you do not have to rush in buying these, they'll stick around! [/quote]
@Chelo
'u' it looks like Vial of Glowing Sight is gunna be here to stay.
Aequorin wrote on 2018-06-10 10:27:01:
JZfZaEI.png
1 2 ... 256 257 258 259 260 ... 304 305