Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Coliseum: AGI Update
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
Oh praise I thought I'd have to spend a mil on tincts
Oh praise I thought I'd have to spend a mil on tincts
s0CjrtN.gif
◊ [ Deus ] ◊
[ Art | Accents ]
[ He/Him | FR +2 ]..
[ G1 Search ]
[ comms OPEN ]
yUJyALg.png649jXJG.pngsEBxtxA.png
h3hyeue.png
I should reiterate that we do plan on addressing stats at a later date, especially as we look toward the future for the feature. I need that to be clear.

Of course, we're going to try our hardest to approach those changes in a way that fulfills our goals of allowing the Coliseum to expand and scale and makes sense for the players and how they have become accustomed to using it. We got a lot of good feedback and we're going to do what we can to be considerate towards that when we get to that point.
I should reiterate that we do plan on addressing stats at a later date, especially as we look toward the future for the feature. I need that to be clear.

Of course, we're going to try our hardest to approach those changes in a way that fulfills our goals of allowing the Coliseum to expand and scale and makes sense for the players and how they have become accustomed to using it. We got a lot of good feedback and we're going to do what we can to be considerate towards that when we get to that point.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
Thank you; this is very reassuring to see, and I'm glad you'll consider looking into other stats as well as AGI once you hit the next milestone.
Thank you; this is very reassuring to see, and I'm glad you'll consider looking into other stats as well as AGI once you hit the next milestone.
This is going to make the Coli update simpler and less crazy, thanks Xhaztol
This is going to make the Coli update simpler and less crazy, thanks Xhaztol
Thanks staff! If all stats get a look-see along with AGI, I'm sure balancing efforts will turn out better. Looking forward to the new Coli even more now.
Thanks staff! If all stats get a look-see along with AGI, I'm sure balancing efforts will turn out better. Looking forward to the new Coli even more now.
60Avnmu.png
QgilwX7.png Looking for colors or near miss:
—Mantis/Peacock/Peridot
—Ginger/Auburn/Sanguine
—Cerulean/Teal/Ice
—Periwinkle/Plum/Fuschia
I'm glad that you all decided to implement the stat change at a later date. I was talking with some friends in Discord about the changes to AGI while we were beta-testing and it just seemed like it would be too much to watch out for. Glad to see that we won't be too stressed during the beta!!
I'm glad that you all decided to implement the stat change at a later date. I was talking with some friends in Discord about the changes to AGI while we were beta-testing and it just seemed like it would be too much to watch out for. Glad to see that we won't be too stressed during the beta!!
Whew! Glad to hear it! EDIT: [quote name="Xhaztol" date=2018-01-31 14:08:54] I should reiterate that we do plan on addressing stats at a later date, especially as we look toward the future for the feature. I need that to be clear. Of course, we're going to try our hardest to approach those changes in a way that fulfills our goals of allowing the Coliseum to expand and scale and makes sense for the players and how they have become accustomed to using it. We got a lot of good feedback and we're going to do what we can to be considerate towards that when we get to that point. [/quote] I understand that the way that a lot of users use coli may or may [b]not[/b] but the way coli was meant to be implemented (and this can be seen by the way that fairgrounds grinding is as well) but I think that it's important to give users the opportunity to min-max games and breed that level of efficiency that sometimes overwhelms the "fun" aspect of games......because to some users like Culex and other creators of well-known builds the technical min-maxing IS the fun part. Personally I would be interested in seeing new venues that had enemies that required more intricate playstyles that had greater rewards- but still allowed for some degree of fodder leveling. Maybe there are venues where magic-users are REQUIRED to succeed, so elim could be deflated. Maybe there could be venues where you HAVE to have a tank to do well. I think adding more complexity is better than radically shifting what already exists- fodder levelers are the backbone of the FR economy, and messing with their groove could have massively negative effects on the player base. That being said, I'm excited for so many things in the new coli, and with the knowledge that it won't include radical stat shifting, I know it'll be easier to focus on functionality.
Whew! Glad to hear it!

EDIT:
Xhaztol wrote on 2018-01-31:

I understand that the way that a lot of users use coli may or may not but the way coli was meant to be implemented (and this can be seen by the way that fairgrounds grinding is as well) but I think that it's important to give users the opportunity to min-max games and breed that level of efficiency that sometimes overwhelms the "fun" aspect of games......because to some users like Culex and other creators of well-known builds the technical min-maxing IS the fun part.

Personally I would be interested in seeing new venues that had enemies that required more intricate playstyles that had greater rewards- but still allowed for some degree of fodder leveling. Maybe there are venues where magic-users are REQUIRED to succeed, so elim could be deflated. Maybe there could be venues where you HAVE to have a tank to do well. I think adding more complexity is better than radically shifting what already exists- fodder levelers are the backbone of the FR economy, and messing with their groove could have massively negative effects on the player base.

That being said, I'm excited for so many things in the new coli, and with the knowledge that it won't include radical stat shifting, I know it'll be easier to focus on functionality.
cinnamonsmall.png 9Ts3Q4r.png
JvUa9ma.png
mjtJ868.png
WI7lnRZ.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks very much for a productive discussion with players. We appreciate it!
Thanks very much for a productive discussion with players. We appreciate it!
Bless! And thank you!
Bless! And thank you!
rlfh5f.jpg
Thank you so much for deciding to hold off and really focus your attention at a later time! It's reliving to know the staff is taking player feedback and concerns seriously, as I know changing stats of dragons and enemies will have an effect on nearly every corner of the game, not just the Coli itself. It deserves careful consideration all on its own.

@Xhaztol But I do have a question. Will battlestone bugs, like losing the first turn for Ambush be fixed in this Coli update, or will that be saved for later?
Thank you so much for deciding to hold off and really focus your attention at a later time! It's reliving to know the staff is taking player feedback and concerns seriously, as I know changing stats of dragons and enemies will have an effect on nearly every corner of the game, not just the Coli itself. It deserves careful consideration all on its own.

@Xhaztol But I do have a question. Will battlestone bugs, like losing the first turn for Ambush be fixed in this Coli update, or will that be saved for later?
by-Joydom-FR.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16