Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Ask the Team! [Closed]
1 2 ... 153 154 155 156 157 ... 195 196
Why are Warcats eyes covered? Are they blind, or does this serve a purpose?
Why are Warcats eyes covered? Are they blind, or does this serve a purpose?
IMG_5287.png

They/Them
FR+3
Art
Shop

ACOZFAh.png

mtHAEL4.png

tyEuRXe.png
I know this question is kinda dumb, considering the new restoration feature, but if everyone exalted all their dragons, and there were no more left, what would you guys do? :v
I know this question is kinda dumb, considering the new restoration feature, but if everyone exalted all their dragons, and there were no more left, what would you guys do? :v
nqvWszd.pngLycaon1765p.gifsVQ6W82.pngCoEXf1M.png
What's it like in the office? Do any members of your team work remotely, or is everybody there?
What's it like in the office? Do any members of your team work remotely, or is everybody there?
2ECUufo.pnglYpSCN5.pngB56DTEe.png1gEpZ0H.pngBNLSVhl.png6FgVFSd.png
was there any lore for swiftwings before they were cut out?
honestly id love to know a lot of info on fr's development. maybe you can do a kinda thingy where you discuss how it went, which features were thrown out, etc? its super interestin g.
was there any lore for swiftwings before they were cut out?
honestly id love to know a lot of info on fr's development. maybe you can do a kinda thingy where you discuss how it went, which features were thrown out, etc? its super interestin g.
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
How in the world would a fae and an imperial breed? What happens if the fae is the mother? Would she just have impossibly huge eggs twice the size of herself?
How in the world would a fae and an imperial breed? What happens if the fae is the mother? Would she just have impossibly huge eggs twice the size of herself?
nK1fyjz.png astramaru

she/her

» wishlist
» about
» lore
Can you give us a more quantitative timeline of the ages? Ex. How long ago were most modern dragons created, how long ago was the Arcanist born?
Can you give us a more quantitative timeline of the ages? Ex. How long ago were most modern dragons created, how long ago was the Arcanist born?
iO2X60T.png
I'm well aware that Imperial Scrolls are never coming back, but if they were to come back, when would they come back and why?
I'm well aware that Imperial Scrolls are never coming back, but if they were to come back, when would they come back and why?
FR Time +3 | He/Him | I can be pretty strange at times
We apologize for the delay answering your questions! We hope everyone had a happy and safe new year! [br] [center][img]https://media.giphy.com/media/l49JS7J1g1bjh7JiU/giphy.gif[/img][/center] [br][br] On to your questions and our answers! [br][br] ----- [br][br] [quote]Who created Nochnyrs and Permafrost Impalers? [/quote] They were a Kickstarter-sponsored familiar, designed by Zen. Undel did the artwork for the familiar version. [br][br] [quote]What would happen if someone tried to give the Icewarden's fluffy feet a hairvdo?[/quote] The dragon gods are much larger than typical dragons. It is entirely possible to "accidentally" stepped on. Just sayin' [br][br] [quote]Can the staff and volunteers have their avatars be one of their dragons just like everyone else, instead of a familiar? Or does it HAVE to be a familiar? And do they have to have the familiar unlocked already to have it be their avatar?[/quote] We use familiars to help with additional visibility on the forums. We do not need to have the familiar activated to have it as our avatar. [br][br] [quote]What does a tundra look like in their winter coat? [/quote] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/ubT3djJ.jpg[/img][/center] [br][br] [quote]are imperial antlers suitable for combat or are they more ornamental? [/quote] They are not particularly suitable for combat as the tines are easily broken (they regrow), though when a fight breaks out, dragons will use anything available at their disposal. Imperial horns just aren't the best option. [br][br] [quote]Are Snappers the only land bound breed or are Bogsneaks and Imperials unable to fly too since they have such short wingspans compared to their bodies? [/quote] Imperials fly just fine. Bogsneaks can technically become airborne, though not for very long, and they are not very graceful. They prefer to conduct themselves on land. [br][br] [quote]How long can a guardians horns grow? This is purely for lore and art reasons [/quote] They could grow 20-30% larger than is shown in the official artwork. In general, they will be around the same size. [br][br] [quote]do bogsneals hiss? i mean dragons i guess can but like do they flick their toung like a snek? or taste the air with their tounge. or do they hiss like a snake [/quote] Many dragon species can hiss and Bogsneaks are among them! They can flick their tongue and taste the air like a snake. [br][br] [quote]DO Nocturnes hang like bats sometimes ? Or how do they sleep? [/quote] They do! [br][br] [quote]Ok, this has confused me for some time. So the Canopic Jar says "It's a bad omen to touch, move, look at, or sell this kind of artifact" in its description. Why, then, do our dragons go and get them? [/quote] By horrible accident. "Oh what a nice jaAAAR- DONT LOOK AT IT!!!!!!!!" [br][br] [quote]What, exactly, led you guys to making the Fae necks look like noodles? [/quote] Amusement. Serious answer, we thought a dragon with a long goose/swan neck would be a fun look! They've certainly provided the forums with endless confusion and delight! [br][br] [quote]I know this question is kinda dumb, considering the new restoration feature, but if everyone exalted all their dragons, and there were no more left, what would you guys do? :v [/quote] Wait for a welcome week and watch the new players profit from being able to sell the only hatchlings on-site. ;) (Really though, this is a game about breeding and collecting dragons. We think it incredibly unlikely that everyone would give up their dragons!) [br][br]
We apologize for the delay answering your questions! We hope everyone had a happy and safe new year!

giphy.gif

On to your questions and our answers!

Quote:
Who created Nochnyrs and Permafrost Impalers?

They were a Kickstarter-sponsored familiar, designed by Zen. Undel did the artwork for the familiar version.

Quote:
What would happen if someone tried to give the Icewarden's fluffy feet a hairvdo?

The dragon gods are much larger than typical dragons. It is entirely possible to "accidentally" stepped on. Just sayin'

Quote:
Can the staff and volunteers have their avatars be one of their dragons just like everyone else, instead of a familiar? Or does it HAVE to be a familiar? And do they have to have the familiar unlocked already to have it be their avatar?

We use familiars to help with additional visibility on the forums. We do not need to have the familiar activated to have it as our avatar.

Quote:
What does a tundra look like in their winter coat?
ubT3djJ.jpg

Quote:
are imperial antlers suitable for combat or are they more ornamental?

They are not particularly suitable for combat as the tines are easily broken (they regrow), though when a fight breaks out, dragons will use anything available at their disposal. Imperial horns just aren't the best option.

Quote:
Are Snappers the only land bound breed or are Bogsneaks and Imperials unable to fly too since they have such short wingspans compared to their bodies?

Imperials fly just fine. Bogsneaks can technically become airborne, though not for very long, and they are not very graceful. They prefer to conduct themselves on land.

Quote:
How long can a guardians horns grow?

This is purely for lore and art reasons

They could grow 20-30% larger than is shown in the official artwork. In general, they will be around the same size.

Quote:
do bogsneals hiss? i mean dragons i guess can but like do they flick their toung like a snek? or taste the air with their tounge. or do they hiss like a snake

Many dragon species can hiss and Bogsneaks are among them! They can flick their tongue and taste the air like a snake.

Quote:
DO Nocturnes hang like bats sometimes ? Or how do they sleep?

They do!

Quote:
Ok, this has confused me for some time. So the Canopic Jar says "It's a bad omen to touch, move, look at, or sell this kind of artifact" in its description. Why, then, do our dragons go and get them?

By horrible accident. "Oh what a nice jaAAAR- DONT LOOK AT IT!!!!!!!!"

Quote:
What, exactly, led you guys to making the Fae necks look like noodles?

Amusement.

Serious answer, we thought a dragon with a long goose/swan neck would be a fun look! They've certainly provided the forums with endless confusion and delight!

Quote:

Wait for a welcome week and watch the new players profit from being able to sell the only hatchlings on-site. ;) (Really though, this is a game about breeding and collecting dragons. We think it incredibly unlikely that everyone would give up their dragons!)

Considering the technological advances of the Lightning flight (and other flights, to a lesser extent), have dragons created their own version of the Internet? If so, do they have any social media, such as Faebook, Tundr, Imperigram? (Or hopefully more creatively named versions?)
Considering the technological advances of the Lightning flight (and other flights, to a lesser extent), have dragons created their own version of the Internet? If so, do they have any social media, such as Faebook, Tundr, Imperigram? (Or hopefully more creatively named versions?)
cruwJG.png
I can't believe it.
My question was actually answered.
Seriously, though, are faes taunted for having long necks?
I can't believe it.
My question was actually answered.
Seriously, though, are faes taunted for having long necks?
Oh, but can't you feel it?! The void, it's calling me- Calling all of us! It wants to eat our souls, so that we never ascend to the heavens, it wants to absorb us! It needs sustenance, so that it may expand and envelop this whole useless world! All that muck and grime, the ooze, it will fill every crevice of reality, and it will change the world into a paradise! All you have to do is live to see it!
And why aren't I scared? Because the void is the afterlife, and I am its Grim Reaper!
1 2 ... 153 154 155 156 157 ... 195 196