Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Ask the Team! [Closed]
1 2 ... 145 146 147 148 149 ... 195 196
I noticed that the Beast Clans got in the top three this week. How often has this happened in the past?
I noticed that the Beast Clans got in the top three this week. How often has this happened in the past?
Many say that as your level in Scavenging increases your chance of getting an egg decreases. Is this true?
Many say that as your level in Scavenging increases your chance of getting an egg decreases. Is this true?
mM2VM9X.png
If I wanted to make an accent that copied the rune tert, is that something I could make?
If I wanted to make an accent that copied the rune tert, is that something I could make?
tumblr_paowz6ygV51s79fpho3_400.png Mediscoot's Projects and Quests
NPC Color Guide
Monthly Coliseum Challenge Thread
Big Book of FR Memes
Currently Questing:
Frigid fugitive shackles
[quote]When the live updates are happening, how are staff communicating? I like to imagine you all on a big video chat all yelling status updates at each other.[/quote] The live updates are largely implemented by Undel. Part of why many large updates are done as live updates is that trying to simultaneously launch multiple items at one time is quite difficult. Entering them one by one and then adding them to an update post allows for a more leisurely release! Our engineers have been hard at work making additional tools so that more content can be pre-loaded without making it live. This should make Undel's (and any team member that's adding content to the site) job much easier! [i](but! there will still be live updates, just at a lower frequency.)[/i] [br][br] [quote]Then what would a wet tundra smell like? Wet, musty lawn?[/quote] They smell like a much more potent version of a dry tundra. [br][br] [quote]What was the main inspiration of the line-art for the dragons? Did it take a few years, months, even weeks?[/quote] Drawing the dragon breeds is a relatively quick process, as they are a set of three single illustrations. The only reason we're not swimming in dragon breeds is also the main draw for our site - every dragon is highly customizable, and is able to have every gene and apparel item on site applied to it! [br][br] [quote]Alright, this is a thing I've been wondering about for years and never quite figured out on my own. So. What are the things coming out of mirror dragons' heads? Are they cartilaginous, bone, flesh? Since every piece of official art I've ever seen for them seems to have them in about the same position I kind of assumed they were stationary like antlers, but multiple people I know think they're less rigid and more flappy, even motile, like big raggedy ears. Does it vary? Can they articulate at all for expressive purposes? As an artist it'd be great to know whatever anatomical canon is going on there.[/quote] Mirror crests are rigid. They are made of cartilage and dense fibrous flesh, and hold their static shape well when healthy. If you'd like to have a mirror dragon with a weakened or collapsed crest that's certainly a possibility, though it would be unusual and considered a defect by their peers. The crests are used in displays of dominance. A mirror dragon without a proper fanned crest may have difficulty fighting for rank with that visual display impaired. It could result in lost station, or in the need to resort to more physical confrontations to maintain station, as much of their warning/threat displays would be missing. [br][br] [quote]How can I switch my team (shadow,light,earth, etc.)[/quote] You can change your Flight through your Account Settings! Check out the [b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004140323-Can-I-change-my-Flight-]support article in our Knowledge Base[/url][/b] for more information! [br][br] [quote]What actually happens canonically when dominance battles are fought and what happens when they win? Is there something like a cosmic increase in a certain areas magic or are the gods just happy and gives discounts for lair space and additional gathering rights?[/quote] The dragons battle for more territory, influence, and trade goods. If they win, they enjoy the favor of their patrons, as well as the ability to take advantage of additional resources, trade routes, and discounts that their expanded influence has earned.
Quote:
When the live updates are happening, how are staff communicating? I like to imagine you all on a big video chat all yelling status updates at each other.

The live updates are largely implemented by Undel. Part of why many large updates are done as live updates is that trying to simultaneously launch multiple items at one time is quite difficult. Entering them one by one and then adding them to an update post allows for a more leisurely release!

Our engineers have been hard at work making additional tools so that more content can be pre-loaded without making it live. This should make Undel's (and any team member that's adding content to the site) job much easier!

(but! there will still be live updates, just at a lower frequency.)

Quote:
Then what would a wet tundra smell like? Wet, musty lawn?

They smell like a much more potent version of a dry tundra.

Quote:
What was the main inspiration of the line-art for the dragons? Did it take a few years, months, even weeks?

Drawing the dragon breeds is a relatively quick process, as they are a set of three single illustrations. The only reason we're not swimming in dragon breeds is also the main draw for our site - every dragon is highly customizable, and is able to have every gene and apparel item on site applied to it!

Quote:
Alright, this is a thing I've been wondering about for years and never quite figured out on my own. So. What are the things coming out of mirror dragons' heads?

Are they cartilaginous, bone, flesh? Since every piece of official art I've ever seen for them seems to have them in about the same position I kind of assumed they were stationary like antlers, but multiple people I know think they're less rigid and more flappy, even motile, like big raggedy ears. Does it vary? Can they articulate at all for expressive purposes? As an artist it'd be great to know whatever anatomical canon is going on there.

Mirror crests are rigid. They are made of cartilage and dense fibrous flesh, and hold their static shape well when healthy.

If you'd like to have a mirror dragon with a weakened or collapsed crest that's certainly a possibility, though it would be unusual and considered a defect by their peers.

The crests are used in displays of dominance. A mirror dragon without a proper fanned crest may have difficulty fighting for rank with that visual display impaired. It could result in lost station, or in the need to resort to more physical confrontations to maintain station, as much of their warning/threat displays would be missing.

Quote:
How can I switch my team (shadow,light,earth, etc.)

You can change your Flight through your Account Settings! Check out the support article in our Knowledge Base for more information!

Quote:
What actually happens canonically when dominance battles are fought and what happens when they win? Is there something like a cosmic increase in a certain areas magic or are the gods just happy and gives discounts for lair space and additional gathering rights?

The dragons battle for more territory, influence, and trade goods. If they win, they enjoy the favor of their patrons, as well as the ability to take advantage of additional resources, trade routes, and discounts that their expanded influence has earned.
Who created Nochnyrs and Permafrost Impalers?
Who created Nochnyrs and Permafrost Impalers?
1163.pnglPHbqY1.png15295.pngdominator_magma_robot_by_defunctbattery-db7x12o.gifznkYagL.png
Can we maybe please have some official art of a... shaved tundra...?
Can we maybe please have some official art of a... shaved tundra...?
Clan Lore
Why wouldn't it be possible for two dragons in your lair to have the same familiar? Lore wise? We see (coli) familiars hanging out in pairs and groups all the time so why not in lairs as well?
Why wouldn't it be possible for two dragons in your lair to have the same familiar? Lore wise? We see (coli) familiars hanging out in pairs and groups all the time so why not in lairs as well?
sjinFBA.gif 32579860.png lightshieldr.png
But what soes a dry tundra smell like?
But what soes a dry tundra smell like?
BFEMrcM.png
WHAT DOES A DRY TUNDRA SMELL LIKE ??? STOP DANCING AROUND IT
WHAT DOES A DRY TUNDRA SMELL LIKE ??? STOP DANCING AROUND IT
tumblr_p2igbpsXZ01s1rufio1_250.gif
micah
he/him
don't touch me I will lose my powers
be kind to everyone
you will play half life now λ
[quote name="Aequorin" date=2017-12-05 08:19:50] [quote]Then what would a wet tundra smell like? Wet, musty lawn?[/quote] They smell like a much more potent version of a dry tundra. [/quote] Well then what does a dry tundra smell like?
Aequorin wrote on 2017-12-05:
Quote:
Then what would a wet tundra smell like? Wet, musty lawn?

They smell like a much more potent version of a dry tundra.

Well then what does a dry tundra smell like?
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
1 2 ... 145 146 147 148 149 ... 195 196