Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] [Art] Apparel Problems
1 2 ... 238 239 240 241 242 ... 374 375
@erwilminsa there has been people report layering issues with other apparel before that wasn't related so i'm not the first and I won't be the last, and they don't layer like this on any other breed or gender! And why would someone be upset if an issue where one apparel item layered on top is clearly being clipped through one layered UNDER it, and it literally doesn't do it on any others and on some other breeds the things from the cloak on the wing don't go over the arms of the dragons regardless
@erwilminsa there has been people report layering issues with other apparel before that wasn't related so i'm not the first and I won't be the last, and they don't layer like this on any other breed or gender! And why would someone be upset if an issue where one apparel item layered on top is clearly being clipped through one layered UNDER it, and it literally doesn't do it on any others and on some other breeds the things from the cloak on the wing don't go over the arms of the dragons regardless
tumblr_inline_nb1ke8JYzw1qg78ij.pngscroll.png8d7o509.png
@DarkDracania But those apparel work with the art of the dragon, not other apperal not the same type. So I don't know what to tell you.
@DarkDracania But those apparel work with the art of the dragon, not other apperal not the same type. So I don't know what to tell you.
S5A5nQt.png
"He he he... Crazy? Cicero?
He he he he! That's... madness..." ot3gL.gif
RyD5FgM.gif
I've reported this before, but it's been a long time and since you seem to be only fixing the most recently reported bugs, here it is again.
On female Nocturnes, the Bronze Steampunk Tail Bauble appears to have a green lantern/gem, rather than the correct red:
Not Found

Here it shows up correctly on the male Nocturne:
Not Found

Please, please fix this! It's been driving me crazy for months.

Editing to say thank you! I see someone else had posted about it too, but regardless it makes me so happy to see it fixed right after I posted this.
I've reported this before, but it's been a long time and since you seem to be only fixing the most recently reported bugs, here it is again.
On female Nocturnes, the Bronze Steampunk Tail Bauble appears to have a green lantern/gem, rather than the correct red:
Not Found

Here it shows up correctly on the male Nocturne:
Not Found

Please, please fix this! It's been driving me crazy for months.

Editing to say thank you! I see someone else had posted about it too, but regardless it makes me so happy to see it fixed right after I posted this.
gLbSZXW.gif

je67dzK.gif
@darkdracania As erwil said, this is not an issue. Those two pieces are not part of the same set, and as such do not have to work together. (If it was mandatory for items to work with every single piece of apparel already in existence, it would take an extremely long time for us to get new apparel) Also, if they change it, it would severely impact how it looks regularly. And also, it does clip on other dragons. Coatl females Guardians (male and female) Mirror females Pearlcatcher (male and female) Ridgeback female Skydancer male Wildclaw male Lastly, I don't think you read the first post in this thread because it directly links you to what an admin has already said regarding how layering works- [quote][color=red] First of all - thank you all for participating in this thread and helping us identify apparel issues. We really appreciate it. :) However, I am seeing a lot of reports that aren't actually art bugs, but symptoms of how we "carve" apparel around the shape of a dragon, and how that can appear when layering it. To give everyone an idea of how we create apparel: Essentially we will draw the piece, and make sure that, on its own, it looks good with various parts of the dragon's anatomy. Very routinely, we'll obscure parts of an item behind a shoulder or chest fluff or elbows or claws or horns, so that when you put it on your dragon, it doesn't simply look like a sticker you threw on top of the image. When the carved parts of different pieces of apparel are slightly different, this can create some interesting visual outcomes, and some that "look" wrong. While we have great-looking apparel, the drawback is that when layering certain pieces together, you're going to run into places where pieces show through. This isn't something we can really fix, as we can't designate that only certain parts of an apparel image obey the layering -- it's an all-or-nothing kind of thing. Everyone is still welcome and encouraged to let us know when you see something that is not correct, but a lot of the reports in this thread are symptomatic of the apparel layering tech and not because the apparel itself is bugged. Hope that sheds some light on things!
@darkdracania
As erwil said, this is not an issue. Those two pieces are not part of the same set, and as such do not have to work together. (If it was mandatory for items to work with every single piece of apparel already in existence, it would take an extremely long time for us to get new apparel)

Also, if they change it, it would severely impact how it looks regularly.

And also, it does clip on other dragons.
Coatl females
Guardians (male and female)
Mirror females
Pearlcatcher (male and female)
Ridgeback female
Skydancer male
Wildclaw male

Lastly, I don't think you read the first post in this thread because it directly links you to what an admin has already said regarding how layering works-
Quote:

First of all - thank you all for participating in this thread and helping us identify apparel issues. We really appreciate it. :)

However, I am seeing a lot of reports that aren't actually art bugs, but symptoms of how we "carve" apparel around the shape of a dragon, and how that can appear when layering it.

To give everyone an idea of how we create apparel:

Essentially we will draw the piece, and make sure that, on its own, it looks good with various parts of the dragon's anatomy. Very routinely, we'll obscure parts of an item behind a shoulder or chest fluff or elbows or claws or horns, so that when you put it on your dragon, it doesn't simply look like a sticker you threw on top of the image.

When the carved parts of different pieces of apparel are slightly different, this can create some interesting visual outcomes, and some that "look" wrong. While we have great-looking apparel, the drawback is that when layering certain pieces together, you're going to run into places where pieces show through.

This isn't something we can really fix, as we can't designate that only certain parts of an apparel image obey the layering -- it's an all-or-nothing kind of thing.

Everyone is still welcome and encouraged to let us know when you see something that is not correct, but a lot of the reports in this thread are symptomatic of the apparel layering tech and not because the apparel itself is bugged.

Hope that sheds some light on things!
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
[quote name="Rahkali" date=2017-09-18 14:21:23] [quote name="Gwendolyn" date=2017-09-13 19:22:14] Darksong Haori on male skydancers does not show up. [img]https://i.gyazo.com/2c6fd764635cec3bd4fbc98daf4409bb.png[/img] [/quote] I noticed this yesterday and would like to add to it-- Darksong Haori doesn't show up on either gender of Coatl, Nocturne, Skydancer, or Wildclaw. [/quote] Corrected! [quote name="Drakonishe" date=2017-09-10 04:48:19] Breed - Nocturne Sex - Female Apparel - Bronze and Gold Steampunk Tail Baubles [item=Gold steampunk tail bauble][item=Bronze steampunk tail bauble] those baubles aren't supposed to be green [/quote] Corrected! [quote name="Omemega" date=2017-09-04 11:29:34] all colors of tunics overlap the head fins of male mirrors [outfit=155595] [/quote] Corrected! [quote name="Salathielly" date=2017-08-25 09:25:43] dragon breed: snapper dragon gender: male apparel item in question: dusty sage sleeves [img]http://i.imgur.com/j1Y6Qoi.png[/img] [/quote] Corrected! [quote name="Naj" date=2017-08-31 15:24:42] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35435703] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/354358/35435703_350.png[/img] [/url] stray pixels at the top of Bogsneak Males wings when donning [item=black wooly tail] (Jerrett's apparel won't be changing regardless so I went ahead and linked the actual) [/quote] Corrected for all fluffy tail colors! (they all had the same issue.) [quote name="Erithuet" date=2017-08-29 08:56:08] Breed: Coatl Sex: Male and female Apparel: Welder's Mask The smoke/fumes clip in front of the forehead area, where it seems that particular wisp should actually be layered behind the head? I think this must be a mistake, anyway, as it looks off. This appears on both male and female coatls, but is more obvious on males. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=12&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=23997&xt=dressing.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=12&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=23997&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/quote] Corrected! [quote name="Dreamcoyote" date=2017-08-29 07:52:34] Breed: Ridgeback Sex: Female Apparel: all Three Fur legcuffs [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=5&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=1104&xt=dressing.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=5&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=&xt=dressing.png[/img] On the left leg, I think the toes should be poking out, but instead they are layers underneath the right leg. (If that makes sense) [/quote] Corrected! Please note that it may take a bit for our site's cache to register the new changes. But you should be able to see the corrected apparel soon!
Rahkali wrote on 2017-09-18:
Gwendolyn wrote on 2017-09-13:
Darksong Haori on male skydancers does not show up.
2c6fd764635cec3bd4fbc98daf4409bb.png

I noticed this yesterday and would like to add to it-- Darksong Haori doesn't show up on either gender of Coatl, Nocturne, Skydancer, or Wildclaw.

Corrected!

Drakonishe wrote on 2017-09-10:
Breed - Nocturne
Sex - Female
Apparel - Bronze and Gold Steampunk Tail Baubles

Gold Steampunk Tail Bauble Bronze Steampunk Tail Bauble

those baubles aren't supposed to be green

Corrected!

Omemega wrote on 2017-09-04:
all colors of tunics overlap the head fins of male mirrors

Not Found

Corrected!

Salathielly wrote on 2017-08-25:
dragon breed: snapper
dragon gender: male
apparel item in question: dusty sage sleeves

j1Y6Qoi.png

Corrected!

Naj wrote on 2017-08-31:

35435703_350.png

stray pixels at the top of Bogsneak Males wings when donning Black Wooly Tail

(Jerrett's apparel won't be changing regardless so I went ahead and linked the actual)

Corrected for all fluffy tail colors! (they all had the same issue.)

Erithuet wrote on 2017-08-29:
Breed: Coatl
Sex: Male and female
Apparel: Welder's Mask

The smoke/fumes clip in front of the forehead area, where it seems that particular wisp should actually be layered behind the head? I think this must be a mistake, anyway, as it looks off. This appears on both male and female coatls, but is more obvious on males.

dummy?breed=12&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=23997&xt=dressing.png

dummy?breed=12&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=23997&xt=dressing.png

Corrected!

Dreamcoyote wrote on 2017-08-29:
Breed: Ridgeback
Sex: Female
Apparel: all Three Fur legcuffs
dummy?breed=5&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=1104&xt=dressing.png
dummy?breed=5&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=&xt=dressing.png
On the left leg, I think the toes should be poking out, but instead they are layers underneath the right leg. (If that makes sense)

Corrected!

Please note that it may take a bit for our site's cache to register the new changes. But you should be able to see the corrected apparel soon!
Breed: Mirror Sex: Female Apparel: Sage Tassel (all colors) I just noticed this while dressing a Mirror of mine! I believe the Sage Tassels are supposed to go on the very tips of the tails, but for some reason, they don't on female Mirrors. Their tails curl up over their head while the tassel is currently placed on the middle of the tail. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=35837313&skin=0&apparel=20846,9223,9222,23147,6060,19651,17909,456,20849,23149&xt=dressing.png[/img] Other breeds for comparison: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=12&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=20846,9223,9222,6060,23147,19651,17909,456,20849,23149&xt=dressing.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=4&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=23149,20846,9223,9222,6060,23147,19651,17909,456,20849&xt=dressing.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=3&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=23149,20849,20846,9223,9222,6060,23147,19651,17909,456&xt=dressing.png[/img]
Breed: Mirror
Apparel: Sage Tassel (all colors)

I just noticed this while dressing a Mirror of mine! I believe the Sage Tassels are supposed to go on the very tips of the tails, but for some reason, they don't on female Mirrors. Their tails curl up over their head while the tassel is currently placed on the middle of the tail.
dragon?did=35837313&skin=0&apparel=20846,9223,9222,23147,6060,19651,17909,456,20849,23149&xt=dressing.png
Other breeds for comparison:
dummy?breed=12&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=20846,9223,9222,6060,23147,19651,17909,456,20849,23149&xt=dressing.png
dummy?breed=4&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=23149,20846,9223,9222,6060,23147,19651,17909,456,20849&xt=dressing.png
dummy?breed=3&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=23149,20849,20846,9223,9222,6060,23147,19651,17909,456&xt=dressing.png
mGBJ0tP.png
Breed- Pearlcatcher Gender- Male Apparel item- all Rose Thorn Collars I don't know if this was intentional, but the Rose Thorn Collars don't look right on male Pearlcatchers. If you look closely at the neck, the spiky collar part kinda angles away from the dragon instead of fitting properly around its neck. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=4&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=22836&xt=dressing.png[/img] And here's an example on a female Pearlcatcher, because I think the males are supposed to look like this: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=4&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=22836&xt=dressing.png[/img] I don't know if that was a mistake, but the collar just looks like it doesn't fit right on the males.
Breed- Pearlcatcher
Gender- Male
Apparel item- all Rose Thorn Collars

I don't know if this was intentional, but the Rose Thorn Collars don't look right on male Pearlcatchers. If you look closely at the neck, the spiky collar part kinda angles away from the dragon instead of fitting properly around its neck.
dummy?breed=4&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=22836&xt=dressing.png

And here's an example on a female Pearlcatcher, because I think the males are supposed to look like this:
dummy?breed=4&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=22836&xt=dressing.png

I don't know if that was a mistake, but the collar just looks like it doesn't fit right on the males.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
dragon breed: skydancer sex: female apparel item: soft pink and prismatic silk scarves [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=12606774&skin=0&apparel=14437&xt=dressing.png[/img] there are some stray pixels top center. im pretty sure this issue is unique to the skydancer f pose!
dragon breed: skydancer
sex: female
apparel item: soft pink and prismatic silk scarves

dragon?did=12606774&skin=0&apparel=14437&xt=dressing.png

there are some stray pixels top center. im pretty sure this issue is unique to the skydancer f pose!
Not sure if this was brought up before, but I figure it cant hurt pointing it out: Breed: Pearlcatcher Sex: Female Apparel: Silk Scarfs and Arm Silks (all colors) [quote name="Alixe" date=2017-10-09 14:23:20] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=4&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=3627,3687&xt=dressing.png[/img] The golden arm jewelry part lies unnaturally over the scarf... Vs [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=4&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=3687,3627&xt=dressing.png[/img] The bottom part of the scarf somehow appears above the arm silk... It doesn't matter which way I layer them, it just doesn't seem to fit. [/quote]
Not sure if this was brought up before, but I figure it cant hurt pointing it out:
Breed: Pearlcatcher
Apparel: Silk Scarfs and Arm Silks (all colors)
Alixe wrote on 2017-10-09:
dummy?breed=4&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=3627,3687&xt=dressing.png
The golden arm jewelry part lies unnaturally over the scarf...

Vs

dummy?breed=4&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=3687,3627&xt=dressing.png
The bottom part of the scarf somehow appears above the arm silk...

It doesn't matter which way I layer them, it just doesn't seem to fit.
9-F6-B0762-E746-471-B-9-A5-C-C2-D0-B32-B0-BB9.png
I've seen this reported but long ago so I hope it's not a bad thing if I post this again This seems to be a Female Coatl problem with the Woodsdrake Cape, that thing at the bottom isn't normal [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=12&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=2126&xt=dressing.png[/img]
I've seen this reported but long ago so I hope it's not a bad thing if I post this again
This seems to be a Female Coatl problem with the Woodsdrake Cape, that thing at the bottom isn't normal
dummy?breed=12&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=2126&xt=dressing.png
firevs1.png ui5ZgY1.png Avatar Dragon
ui5ZgY1.png Hatchery
ui5ZgY1.png FR +9
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
tumblr_inline_ncg01p8Uun1sl5pky.gif
OPufmRL.png
"Our home should be turned inside-out, and lava should churn violently across its surface.
Through me, it could rival the Sun itself in brightness and energy,"

spoke the Flamecaller.
tumblr_inline_nbaduayNyo1qg78ij.png
1 2 ... 238 239 240 241 242 ... 374 375