Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Ask the Team! [Closed]
1 2 ... 114 115 116 117 118 ... 195 196
Would it be possible for a Guardian to have their charge be theirself?
Would it be possible for a Guardian to have their charge be theirself?
968.png ...| #145955 |
...| She/Her |
...| INFP |
...| 23 |
...| FR+3 |
Could we please get an answer to whether or not we will get more lair space.
Could we please get an answer to whether or not we will get more lair space.
1L5TGl1.pngjn0pAcU.pngNVgCjtR.pngghAVYGe.pngx3J6SUS.png
Just how much bigger is the Crowned Roc in relation to say, an imperial? The tooltip mentions that the roc is just one of the few airborne creatures bigger than a dragon.. [item=Crowned Roc] ALSO, what species are all of the deities?
Just how much bigger is the Crowned Roc in relation to say, an imperial? The tooltip mentions that the roc is just one of the few airborne creatures bigger than a dragon..

Crowned Roc

ALSO, what species are all of the deities?
SbvRDbG.gif
Are the Pocketmouse familiars really pocket-sized? Would one fit in a Fae's tunic pocket, or are Pocketmice surprisingly large?
Are the Pocketmouse familiars really pocket-sized? Would one fit in a Fae's tunic pocket, or are Pocketmice surprisingly large?
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
why was the deities' birthday date set to november 30th 2010?
why was the deities' birthday date set to november 30th 2010?
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
can baldwin carry a conversation w/ other dragons or does he mutter and talk to himself constantly? Can only certain people talk to him because of that? Does he mutter things such as "beaker" or "red ooze" under his breath a lot?
can baldwin carry a conversation w/ other dragons or does he mutter and talk to himself constantly? Can only certain people talk to him because of that? Does he mutter things such as "beaker" or "red ooze" under his breath a lot?
2zthk0p.png #240634
Matthew 7:15 || FR Time +2 (CST)

"I never gave anyone hell. I just told the truth and they thought it was hell." - Harry S Truman
200zs43.png
What do fae nests look like? Are they similar to any insect-built hives/nests we know off?
What do fae nests look like? Are they similar to any insect-built hives/nests we know off?
larvesta.gifvolcarona.giflarvesta.gifvolcarona.gif -
why is the stained color stronger in the underbelly area and possibly a few others?
why is the stained color stronger in the underbelly area and possibly a few others?
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
I've tried searching this problem in many spots and only come up with scattered partial results anywhere so I have decided to ask about this here. Here is my problem. Every species and gender combination I have tried seems to have a visible tail end except the Male Wildclaw. This makes many apparel accessories almost or completely pointless for this gender of only this species. Is this intentional? Are there any plans to address this issue? As my lair is mostly wildclaws I would appreciate this issue at the very least acknowledged even if it can't be realistically addressed.

Thank you for your time.
I've tried searching this problem in many spots and only come up with scattered partial results anywhere so I have decided to ask about this here. Here is my problem. Every species and gender combination I have tried seems to have a visible tail end except the Male Wildclaw. This makes many apparel accessories almost or completely pointless for this gender of only this species. Is this intentional? Are there any plans to address this issue? As my lair is mostly wildclaws I would appreciate this issue at the very least acknowledged even if it can't be realistically addressed.

Thank you for your time.
tGP5upT.gifixX6pap.png
[quote]Will the upside down skydancer ever return?[/quote] He has found his upside down way into another dimension, but surely we can bring him back! We stopped using him because the typography on his image is old, pre-front-page-face-lift. We will see about updating his graphic so that he can return to our dimension and temporarily grace our live updates while they are implemented. [br][br] [quote]With Joxar's Spare Inventory, how often will the items be switched? Will it be every several months, or will it be the same items for the rest of the year?[/quote] We will shuffle the most recent festival items into the past-festival-items pool periodically, as well as add new color variant items to the color-variant and token-purchasable pools. This will typically happen every three to four festivals. [br][br] [quote]It seems to me that alerts older than one month are automatically deleted. Is this true? Personally, I like to ping myself to certain threads that get buried a lot so that I can always find them, but lately I've been noticing that those pings are gone after a month. Do they simply disappear? I know I'm not deleting them.[/quote] Yes, to help with site performance, old pings are purged. If you'd like to keep track of a thread, click the star button at the top of it. That will subscribe you to the thread and you will receive notifications when a thread is updated. [br][br] [quote]What does Swipp do with all the items you give him? Surely, a few canopic jars and skulls are not the most useful of things to have laying around...[/quote] Everything's got a value! For all you know, Swipp could be selling them on some sort of Beastclan black market or feeding Crim's penchant for collecting items. But we're not accusing him of anything... [br][br] [quote]Are y'all ever going to do an event like the 'RPG' things in the dragon share again? (Like the one where we had a team of five dragons who each represented different things) or like the NotN event where we were sharing what dragon/familiar etc would be a mimic and who was investigating? Any plans to do any more of those via dragon share weeks, or any similar or bigger events?[/quote] We had fun with those, too! There will be more clan/lore focused theme weeks in the future. [br][br] [quote]unless theres a big list of mods on a list where i can look at.[/quote] There is! You can find it on our [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/site/credits]Credits page.[/url][/b] [br][br] [quote]Sometimes when I click an alert for a forum, it brings me to the 404 handler page. I can't access the page until I either close the tab, or use the search. I don't think it's supposed to do this...[/quote] If you follow a ping to a thread and you get a 404 error, it means the thread has either been deleted by the original poster, or moved/removed by a volunteer moderator or a member of the [i]Flight Rising[/i] team. [br][br] [quote] I see that the blooming is now out and a very wonderful update might I add. I love everything you have release recently as well. But this edit is to ask what the next hint words are and I still have need for the hint words to help me calm the raging groups of speculators that will want to know and ask. So I ask what are the new words to be obsessed about?[/quote] Sure thing! [list] [*]Gladiator [*]Druid [*]Cerberus [*]Conch [/list] [br][br] [quote]I'm just wondering if the site will ever get any new activities on the site. I know you don't give timelines but there are still very few things to do.[/quote] There are several features in the pipeline for [i]Flight Rising.[/i] [b]We're in this for the long haul.[/b] Some are new, some are overhauls. We are trying to balance renovations and improvements to existing features with the addition of new ones. We've been slowly re-coding our entire site. The best way to track this is via URL. If a url has www1 in it, the code has been refactored. In many cases, we have also added requested features when we refresh features and pages, such as with Crossroads and the Auction House. [b]We're closing in on a completely re-coded site, including but not limited to:[/b] the Coliseum, lairs, dragon profiles, the Bestiary, the Hoard, and completely redesigning/relaunching the achievement system. Your suggestions and feedback on these features are always very helpful! [br][br] [quote]Why does the scrying workshop have issues with deities?[/quote] This is due to their unique design. They use static images and the Scrying Workshop isn't coded for dragons that can't have different colors and genes applied. [br][br] [quote]If coatls are native to the ashfall waste, why is their diet exclusively seafood? Wouldn't fish be kinda hard to come by in a volcanic region?[/quote] The Ashfall Waste borders bodies of water on two sides. Coatl lairs dot the border (much to the dismay of the Tidelord) almost leading one to wonder if the Flamecaller intended her children to harry his territory above others... [br][br] [quote]Would the staff inform us if a feature or item was scrapped?[/quote] Yes. [br][br] [quote]How do y'all choose which questions to answer? Or is there no process and it's mostly a random thing (with reason mixed in there somewhere)?[/quote] If a question is a suggestion (or veiled suggestion), seeking unannounced timelines, or looking for a way around our rules, we will not answer it. We have a forum for suggestions, we do not provide hard timelines until we know exactly when something will be released, and our rules are our rules. From there, we look at what we can or are comfortable with answering at the time of review.
Quote:
Will the upside down skydancer ever return?

He has found his upside down way into another dimension, but surely we can bring him back! We stopped using him because the typography on his image is old, pre-front-page-face-lift. We will see about updating his graphic so that he can return to our dimension and temporarily grace our live updates while they are implemented.

Quote:
With Joxar's Spare Inventory, how often will the items be switched? Will it be every several months, or will it be the same items for the rest of the year?

We will shuffle the most recent festival items into the past-festival-items pool periodically, as well as add new color variant items to the color-variant and token-purchasable pools. This will typically happen every three to four festivals.

Quote:
It seems to me that alerts older than one month are automatically deleted. Is this true? Personally, I like to ping myself to certain threads that get buried a lot so that I can always find them, but lately I've been noticing that those pings are gone after a month. Do they simply disappear? I know I'm not deleting them.

Yes, to help with site performance, old pings are purged. If you'd like to keep track of a thread, click the star button at the top of it. That will subscribe you to the thread and you will receive notifications when a thread is updated.

Quote:
What does Swipp do with all the items you give him? Surely, a few canopic jars and skulls are not the most useful of things to have laying around...

Everything's got a value! For all you know, Swipp could be selling them on some sort of Beastclan black market or feeding Crim's penchant for collecting items. But we're not accusing him of anything...

Quote:
Are y'all ever going to do an event like the 'RPG' things in the dragon share again? (Like the one where we had a team of five dragons who each represented different things) or like the NotN event where we were sharing what dragon/familiar etc would be a mimic and who was investigating?

Any plans to do any more of those via dragon share weeks, or any similar or bigger events?

We had fun with those, too! There will be more clan/lore focused theme weeks in the future.

Quote:
unless theres a big list of mods on a list where i can look at.

There is! You can find it on our Credits page.

Quote:
Sometimes when I click an alert for a forum, it brings me to the 404 handler page. I can't access the page until I either close the tab, or use the search. I don't think it's supposed to do this...

If you follow a ping to a thread and you get a 404 error, it means the thread has either been deleted by the original poster, or moved/removed by a volunteer moderator or a member of the Flight Rising team.

Quote:
I see that the blooming is now out and a very wonderful update might I add. I love everything you have release recently as well. But this edit is to ask what the next hint words are and I still have need for the hint words to help me calm the raging groups of speculators that will want to know and ask. So I ask what are the new words to be obsessed about?

Sure thing!
  • Gladiator
  • Druid
  • Cerberus
  • Conch

Quote:
I'm just wondering if the site will ever get any new activities on the site. I know you don't give timelines but there are still very few things to do.

There are several features in the pipeline for Flight Rising. We're in this for the long haul. Some are new, some are overhauls.

We are trying to balance renovations and improvements to existing features with the addition of new ones. We've been slowly re-coding our entire site. The best way to track this is via URL. If a url has www1 in it, the code has been refactored. In many cases, we have also added requested features when we refresh features and pages, such as with Crossroads and the Auction House.

We're closing in on a completely re-coded site, including but not limited to: the Coliseum, lairs, dragon profiles, the Bestiary, the Hoard, and completely redesigning/relaunching the achievement system. Your suggestions and feedback on these features are always very helpful!

Quote:
Why does the scrying workshop have issues with deities?

This is due to their unique design. They use static images and the Scrying Workshop isn't coded for dragons that can't have different colors and genes applied.

Quote:
If coatls are native to the ashfall waste, why is their diet exclusively seafood? Wouldn't fish be kinda hard to come by in a volcanic region?

The Ashfall Waste borders bodies of water on two sides. Coatl lairs dot the border (much to the dismay of the Tidelord) almost leading one to wonder if the Flamecaller intended her children to harry his territory above others...

Quote:
Would the staff inform us if a feature or item was scrapped?

Yes.

Quote:
How do y'all choose which questions to answer? Or is there no process and it's mostly a random thing (with reason mixed in there somewhere)?

If a question is a suggestion (or veiled suggestion), seeking unannounced timelines, or looking for a way around our rules, we will not answer it. We have a forum for suggestions, we do not provide hard timelines until we know exactly when something will be released, and our rules are our rules. From there, we look at what we can or are comfortable with answering at the time of review.
1 2 ... 114 115 116 117 118 ... 195 196