Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 739 740 741 742 743 ... 753 754
What exactly does falling in the Wyrmwound do?
What exactly does falling in the Wyrmwound do?
Clan Lore
I'm a bit curious on some enemies in the Coliseum. In particular, they are in my favorite venue, Rainsong Jungle. They are both variations of the Hippocampus, and they appear as two closely grouped enemies near the bottom of the screen. Why is their placement so different from other groups I have encountered? It's almost as if there was supposed to be 4+ more enemies to appear, but for some reason haven't.

Is this just to make the fighting more pleasing/varied looking? A goof in the code (not that I mind)? A placeholder/hint for a possible bigger enemy, ALA the Yeti and its companions? The possibilities are endless, and I must know why these two Hippocampi are so unique in their battle positions!
I'm a bit curious on some enemies in the Coliseum. In particular, they are in my favorite venue, Rainsong Jungle. They are both variations of the Hippocampus, and they appear as two closely grouped enemies near the bottom of the screen. Why is their placement so different from other groups I have encountered? It's almost as if there was supposed to be 4+ more enemies to appear, but for some reason haven't.

Is this just to make the fighting more pleasing/varied looking? A goof in the code (not that I mind)? A placeholder/hint for a possible bigger enemy, ALA the Yeti and its companions? The possibilities are endless, and I must know why these two Hippocampi are so unique in their battle positions!
[quote]Why does Baldwin have a number drop-down? [/quote] If you mean the quantity drop-down in the attachment window where you select an item to melt, the code for that is shared by multiple areas of the site (i.e. Messages, Crossroads). At this time there are no plans to introduce batch brewing. [br][br] [quote]Who takes care of exalted hatchlings until they grow up to fight for their god? Is there a deity day care service?[/quote] They are apprenticed to the flight they went to serve! [br][br] [quote]Are the deities known to address individual dragons to further their goals, or do they prefer to silently watch over their creations? Do the deities communicate with their creations at all (minus Stormcatcher, who we know shouts instructions at them)?[/quote] The gods do have the ability to communicate with their patrons if they so choose, but it is rare, if not unheard of. Speaking directly to an individual dragon would make that dragon a celebrity overnight and raise them to an overwhelming role of importance. This has not happened...yet. edit: To be clear, this is in reference to [b]individual[/b] dragons, as that is what the question was about. They can communicate individually but it is very rare, almost unheard of. The deities do, however, communicate irregularly with their followers en-masse, a group address that all dragons in their vicinity can hear. The gods are not silent in what they want of their followers, but they do not play favorites. [br][br] [quote]How exactly does the Auction House and Crossroads fit into Flight Rising lore? I mean, dragons are seen as sentimental beings so how does that work?[/quote] The auctioning of dragons (and familiars) is non-canonical. It is a vital function of a game where players want to trade different patterns and colors for their breeding projects. The Crossroads is closer to the canon. We envision it as a literal crossroads where dragons that are making pilgrimages literally cross paths on the way to their new homes, or meet to exchange good with one another. We believe that there are hundreds, if not thousands of "crossroads" near the borders of elemental regions where these situations take place. It isn't one geographical location. [br][br] [quote]Why do water dragons live in a small pond away from the grand ocean?[/quote] The Sea of a Thousand Currents is a vast territory, full of resources and artifacts of great importance. The heart of the Water Flight lives mainly within this region and is the seat of the Tidelord's power. It's certainly possible for Water dragons to live in other bodies of water. The deep ocean around the main continent is difficult to keep secure, has much less resources, and is farther away from the Tidelord's physical presence. [br][br] [quote]Where are fallout streaks?[/quote] [s]They are available as a Swipp Trade.[/s] They used to be dropped by Fallen Streaks, a pink bird in the Harpy's Roost venue. We later added a specific color variant for the pink-colored streak, and had it stop dropping the black and pink "Fallout Streaks". [b]Edit:[/b] They are available in the treasure marketplace, Pinkerton, and randomized chests. They were intended to be put there when we removed them from Swipp, but it looks like they were never given the proper back end updates for that. They should be less mysterious now. [br][br] [quote]How do you choose what Crim is wanting? Is it completely random? I've heard some rumors that it goes off what you've hoard sold, is that true?[/quote] Crim's tastes are varied! Her taste in items and current whims are random, but Pinkerton has curbed her wish-lists so they do not include items from the gem marketplace, unsalable items, or skins. Allowing her to ask for these would bankrupt them! [i](and an accidental trade of valuable items would be upsetting to many players, which is the real reason we have these items excluded!)[/i] [br][br] [quote]What program do you use for your art?[/quote] [i]Flight Rising[/i] employs the skills of several artists. Most of them work in Adobe Photoshop, though Clip Art Studio is also used by some. All art is turned in as a layered PSD file. [br][br] [quote]Exactly how many different food items are out there?[/quote] As of today? 787.
Quote:
Why does Baldwin have a number drop-down?

If you mean the quantity drop-down in the attachment window where you select an item to melt, the code for that is shared by multiple areas of the site (i.e. Messages, Crossroads). At this time there are no plans to introduce batch brewing.

Quote:
Who takes care of exalted hatchlings until they grow up to fight for their god? Is there a deity day care service?

They are apprenticed to the flight they went to serve!

Quote:
Are the deities known to address individual dragons to further their goals, or do they prefer to silently watch over their creations? Do the deities communicate with their creations at all (minus Stormcatcher, who we know shouts instructions at them)?

The gods do have the ability to communicate with their patrons if they so choose, but it is rare, if not unheard of. Speaking directly to an individual dragon would make that dragon a celebrity overnight and raise them to an overwhelming role of importance. This has not happened...yet.

edit: To be clear, this is in reference to individual dragons, as that is what the question was about. They can communicate individually but it is very rare, almost unheard of. The deities do, however, communicate irregularly with their followers en-masse, a group address that all dragons in their vicinity can hear.

The gods are not silent in what they want of their followers, but they do not play favorites.

Quote:
How exactly does the Auction House and Crossroads fit into Flight Rising lore? I mean, dragons are seen as sentimental beings so how does that work?

The auctioning of dragons (and familiars) is non-canonical. It is a vital function of a game where players want to trade different patterns and colors for their breeding projects.

The Crossroads is closer to the canon. We envision it as a literal crossroads where dragons that are making pilgrimages literally cross paths on the way to their new homes, or meet to exchange good with one another. We believe that there are hundreds, if not thousands of "crossroads" near the borders of elemental regions where these situations take place. It isn't one geographical location.

Quote:
Why do water dragons live in a small pond away from the grand ocean?

The Sea of a Thousand Currents is a vast territory, full of resources and artifacts of great importance. The heart of the Water Flight lives mainly within this region and is the seat of the Tidelord's power.

It's certainly possible for Water dragons to live in other bodies of water. The deep ocean around the main continent is difficult to keep secure, has much less resources, and is farther away from the Tidelord's physical presence.

Quote:
Where are fallout streaks?

They are available as a Swipp Trade. They used to be dropped by Fallen Streaks, a pink bird in the Harpy's Roost venue. We later added a specific color variant for the pink-colored streak, and had it stop dropping the black and pink "Fallout Streaks".

Edit: They are available in the treasure marketplace, Pinkerton, and randomized chests. They were intended to be put there when we removed them from Swipp, but it looks like they were never given the proper back end updates for that. They should be less mysterious now.

Quote:
How do you choose what Crim is wanting? Is it completely random? I've heard some rumors that it goes off what you've hoard sold, is that true?

Crim's tastes are varied! Her taste in items and current whims are random, but Pinkerton has curbed her wish-lists so they do not include items from the gem marketplace, unsalable items, or skins. Allowing her to ask for these would bankrupt them!

(and an accidental trade of valuable items would be upsetting to many players, which is the real reason we have these items excluded!)

Quote:
What program do you use for your art?

Flight Rising employs the skills of several artists. Most of them work in Adobe Photoshop, though Clip Art Studio is also used by some. All art is turned in as a layered PSD file.

Quote:
Exactly how many different food items are out there?

As of today?

Are there any plans to release FR merchandise? Like Tee Shirts or figurines?
Are there any plans to release FR merchandise? Like Tee Shirts or figurines?

carbon he/him
Which Flight's territory is the largest?
Which Flight's territory is the largest?
adff4349de2de8388b959f3125f732aff46dafa0.gif
Returning questions:

What is color is the most seen in Flight Rising dragons? (You may have an algorithm for that, right?)

What gene is most seen in FR dragons?
Returning questions:

What is color is the most seen in Flight Rising dragons? (You may have an algorithm for that, right?)

What gene is most seen in FR dragons?
Not all that active but really casual. -w-)b
[+3 FR Time]
@Aequorin

Fallout Streak has been removed from Swipp's Swap Stand, as it was not a trade-unique item and could be obtained for much less effort elsewhere.
@Aequorin

Fallout Streak has been removed from Swipp's Swap Stand, as it was not a trade-unique item and could be obtained for much less effort elsewhere.
iXNOttm.gif
@Aequorin
Crim can ask for things like eggs and Eliminates, which players find very valuable! However, Pinkerton can't give out these items... how come?
@Aequorin
Crim can ask for things like eggs and Eliminates, which players find very valuable! However, Pinkerton can't give out these items... how come?
Where are all the venues located? It's pretty clear that the new Volcanic Vent is in fire and the Rainsong Jungle is somewhere in nature, but what about some others like the mire and training fields, which are less clear?
Where are all the venues located? It's pretty clear that the new Volcanic Vent is in fire and the Rainsong Jungle is somewhere in nature, but what about some others like the mire and training fields, which are less clear?
Hi! I'm Jake or Rads
lwN7WD5.png FRT+9 | he/him

accent shop
xx Silhouette of a flying dragon
Is the progenitor restoration still ongoing? I see there hasn't been any updates there for a while now. I 100% understand if you guys need a break, I'd just like to make sure it will be resumed.
Is the progenitor restoration still ongoing? I see there hasn't been any updates there for a while now. I 100% understand if you guys need a break, I'd just like to make sure it will be resumed.
VOkp50l.png Neffi
she/her
FR +9

Arcane Dom Lead
8vElUoQ.png
1 2 ... 739 740 741 742 743 ... 753 754