Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update, May 2016
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 47 48
@Ingressor

Oh don't even worry about that- back in 2013 you'd be dang lucky to get a baby dragon for under 10,000t, even if it was exalt fodder. This is hardly going to crash the economy. The amount of people who have a Do Not Exalt rule are far outnumbered by those who don't. Prices may rise a slight touch, but you needn't worry about any economic crisis (until the color wheel, of course, I'm sorta bracing myself for a crash then).
@Ingressor

Oh don't even worry about that- back in 2013 you'd be dang lucky to get a baby dragon for under 10,000t, even if it was exalt fodder. This is hardly going to crash the economy. The amount of people who have a Do Not Exalt rule are far outnumbered by those who don't. Prices may rise a slight touch, but you needn't worry about any economic crisis (until the color wheel, of course, I'm sorta bracing myself for a crash then).
image.png
[quote name="Ingressor" date=2016-05-20 09:57:57] so now that people cant require their buyers to not exalt, all the prices in hatcheries are gonna go up to prevent people buying their babies just for dominance. Isn't this gonna crash the FR Economy? Especially with no new players coming in except for maybe once every 2-3 months, we cant sell babies because all the lairs are full and people cant make money. Now all the prices are gonna spike and make everything worse. [/quote] @Ingressor It won't tank the economy. And honestly, if our taking a stance on harassment does have a chance to cause an economical blip, then that's still a chance I think we would take. The well-being of our players is important to us.
Ingressor wrote on 2016-05-20:
so now that people cant require their buyers to not exalt, all the prices in hatcheries are gonna go up to prevent people buying their babies just for dominance. Isn't this gonna crash the FR Economy? Especially with no new players coming in except for maybe once every 2-3 months, we cant sell babies because all the lairs are full and people cant make money. Now all the prices are gonna spike and make everything worse.

@Ingressor

It won't tank the economy. And honestly, if our taking a stance on harassment does have a chance to cause an economical blip, then that's still a chance I think we would take. The well-being of our players is important to us.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
[quote name="@Ingressor" date=2016-05-20 09:57:57] so now that people cant require their buyers to not exalt, all the prices in hatcheries are gonna go up to prevent people buying their babies just for dominance. Isn't this gonna crash the FR Economy? Especially with no new players coming in except for maybe once every 2-3 months, we cant sell babies because all the lairs are full and people cant make money. Now all the prices are gonna spike and make everything worse. [/quote] [color=#585c4f] The only change is that they're buckling down on harassment. Player set rules about exaltation will be the same as they were before, they just can't harass a user over it. This will not effect the economy in any way, and if it did, it's for a good cause. Prices going up on dragons is a very very good thing, not a bad thing. No worries ^^ Whoops this was already answered, sorry for the ping XD
@Ingressor wrote on 2016-05-20:
so now that people cant require their buyers to not exalt, all the prices in hatcheries are gonna go up to prevent people buying their babies just for dominance. Isn't this gonna crash the FR Economy? Especially with no new players coming in except for maybe once every 2-3 months, we cant sell babies because all the lairs are full and people cant make money. Now all the prices are gonna spike and make everything worse.

The only change is that they're buckling down on harassment. Player set rules about exaltation will be the same as they were before, they just can't harass a user over it. This will not effect the economy in any way, and if it did, it's for a good cause. Prices going up on dragons is a very very good thing, not a bad thing. No worries ^^

Whoops this was already answered, sorry for the ping XD
Woot da Doot!
Woot da Doot!
OjYCOIV.png
[quote name="Ingressor" date=2016-05-20 09:57:57] so now that people cant require their buyers to not exalt, all the prices in hatcheries are gonna go up to prevent people buying their babies just for dominance. Isn't this gonna crash the FR Economy? Especially with no new players coming in except for maybe once every 2-3 months, we cant sell babies because all the lairs are full and people cant make money. Now all the prices are gonna spike and make everything worse. [/quote] @Ingressor But you also have to keep in mind that if hatchery owners raise their prices and their babies don't sell, that they will be out of lair room and unable to continue to breed more for their hatcheries. They will then have to decide to either drop their prices and potentially allow exalters to buy them, to exalt the unsold dragons themselves, or to stop breeding for their hatchery. It shouldn't affect the wide economy.
Ingressor wrote on 2016-05-20:
@Ingressor But you also have to keep in mind that if hatchery owners raise their prices and their babies don't sell, that they will be out of lair room and unable to continue to breed more for their hatcheries. They will then have to decide to either drop their prices and potentially allow exalters to buy them, to exalt the unsold dragons themselves, or to stop breeding for their hatchery.
It shouldn't affect the wide economy.
JqboqBK.png
Earth and Wind share my Heart
[quote name="Rhea" date=2016-05-20 09:59:53] Also, what's the status on things like naming dragons "DontExalt"? Would that be against the rules? [/quote] @Rhea, dragon names of that nature will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Editing to follow up/clarify: These names do fall under the umbrella; however, in any given harassment case, we need to verify intent. When in doubt, report it to us through [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/site/contact-us]Contact Us[/url][/b].
Rhea wrote on 2016-05-20:
Also, what's the status on things like naming dragons "DontExalt"? Would that be against the rules?

@Rhea, dragon names of that nature will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

Editing to follow up/clarify: These names do fall under the umbrella; however, in any given harassment case, we need to verify intent. When in doubt, report it to us through Contact Us.
Oh wow the festival's contain so much!
Oh wow the festival's contain so much!
m2YbpzO.png tumblr_inline_o0idl15pQv1qg2i5p_540.png
I'm actually really glad that the whole thing about threads making a stern 'do not exalt' rule has been addressed.... Oftentimes I buy a dragon then stop feeling for it and exalting it is the easiest thing for me
I'm actually really glad that the whole thing about threads making a stern 'do not exalt' rule has been addressed.... Oftentimes I buy a dragon then stop feeling for it and exalting it is the easiest thing for me
osuxvtf_by_deltadarklightdragon-da3lzvb.png
Great!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate it when people exalt my little ones after I sell them :(
Great!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate it when people exalt my little ones after I sell them :(
107bfb44c60c7129ba6aa5dbaf4d8420d8d99d1f.png
Thank you guys so much for finally putting your collective foot down about players trying to control what other people do with their dragons. I get that a few people are being horrible and targeting them, but the overwhelming majority of the problem has been the sellers and it'll be such a relief to see a stop put to all of that.
Thank you guys so much for finally putting your collective foot down about players trying to control what other people do with their dragons. I get that a few people are being horrible and targeting them, but the overwhelming majority of the problem has been the sellers and it'll be such a relief to see a stop put to all of that.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 47 48