Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Contest Winners! Faire games!
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
@ChristineFury
yeah I'm actually kind of confused about the wildclaw thing. i didnt know if they meant wildclaws will get 1-2 eggs or if that was only if theyre crossbred? I'm near the bottom of a list for someone's wildclaw hatchlings so I'm hoping the post didnt mean that 2 eggs is going to be the average. Unless wildclaws were already laying that many from the start :?

@linnet
this is another thing I had some trouble understanding from what they wrote about the jigsaw game. sometimes i have a hard time comprehending what i read so I could use clarification.
even when you put a puzzle together irl the best method is to use corner and edge piece and stack up similar pieces to help you out, which is what a lot of us were doing. But in their post they said -all- the pieces so does this mean that some people were somehow stacking literally every piece on top of each other in a certain way and getting it completed without even having to put together the whole thing?
I think if the pieces are gonna nudge out of the way we should definitely get a bigger space for playing in that case.
@ChristineFury
yeah I'm actually kind of confused about the wildclaw thing. i didnt know if they meant wildclaws will get 1-2 eggs or if that was only if theyre crossbred? I'm near the bottom of a list for someone's wildclaw hatchlings so I'm hoping the post didnt mean that 2 eggs is going to be the average. Unless wildclaws were already laying that many from the start :?

@linnet
this is another thing I had some trouble understanding from what they wrote about the jigsaw game. sometimes i have a hard time comprehending what i read so I could use clarification.
even when you put a puzzle together irl the best method is to use corner and edge piece and stack up similar pieces to help you out, which is what a lot of us were doing. But in their post they said -all- the pieces so does this mean that some people were somehow stacking literally every piece on top of each other in a certain way and getting it completed without even having to put together the whole thing?
I think if the pieces are gonna nudge out of the way we should definitely get a bigger space for playing in that case.
@kadaashi
That's correct - the stacking method being described involves putting every single puzzle piece onto a single space to the side or a corner of the board. When you took a piece from the stack and moved it a block over, the piece would automatically find a matching part and snap onto it - you could then progressively continue building onto your chunk by moving it next to the pile.

I can understand why they would want to prevent this - unfortunately the current solution does make the game inconvenient for anyone who likes to keep their pieces organised.
@kadaashi
That's correct - the stacking method being described involves putting every single puzzle piece onto a single space to the side or a corner of the board. When you took a piece from the stack and moved it a block over, the piece would automatically find a matching part and snap onto it - you could then progressively continue building onto your chunk by moving it next to the pile.

I can understand why they would want to prevent this - unfortunately the current solution does make the game inconvenient for anyone who likes to keep their pieces organised.
they/them | GMT+9
i buy art & fic send me your store links

ezreal@cara
ezreal_04.png?width=100&height=100&ext=ext.jpg
Wonderful skins!

I agree with many of the complaints about jigsaw. Although it is running a lot smoother for me now, and it's far easier for me to organize my pieces.
Wonderful skins!

I agree with many of the complaints about jigsaw. Although it is running a lot smoother for me now, and it's far easier for me to organize my pieces.
they/them | horror fan | 20s | writer
I'm also experiencing a lack of treasure gain from flipping runes :( I don't know how I feel about that. The puzzle also keeps timing out. I suppose I can deal with the puzzle, but really I only did what I did because I wanted to be organized and it hurt my eyes to try and look at a really busy puzzle(such as the plague nest), for too long without it being organized.

-Edit-
Also I never knew it was an exploit to begin with. In reality it's how I do my puzzles.
I'm also experiencing a lack of treasure gain from flipping runes :( I don't know how I feel about that. The puzzle also keeps timing out. I suppose I can deal with the puzzle, but really I only did what I did because I wanted to be organized and it hurt my eyes to try and look at a really busy puzzle(such as the plague nest), for too long without it being organized.

-Edit-
Also I never knew it was an exploit to begin with. In reality it's how I do my puzzles.
[quote=Thrage]Puzzle pieces in Jigsaw now drift apart when stacked on top of each other. This change was made in response to an exploit involving moving all of the pieces onto one spot to solve puzzles without the use of the puzzle image itself.[/quote] [img]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb4o4asTFu1r23lnc.gif[/img]
Thrage wrote:
Puzzle pieces in Jigsaw now drift apart when stacked on top of each other. This change was made in response to an exploit involving moving all of the pieces onto one spot to solve puzzles without the use of the puzzle image itself.

tumblr_mb4o4asTFu1r23lnc.gif
tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gifpw4DoZq.giftumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif

3178.png9614.png17111.png26198.png38829.png44325.png
I strongly dislike the changes that have been made to this game. The coliseum has too many bugs and errors, not to mention the connection issues with anything we pretty much do. And now, the only means of income is gone, too? I am serious when I say that I find it sad that this game will become Pay To Win.
I strongly dislike the changes that have been made to this game. The coliseum has too many bugs and errors, not to mention the connection issues with anything we pretty much do. And now, the only means of income is gone, too? I am serious when I say that I find it sad that this game will become Pay To Win.
tumblr_mobg0cyIZE1sula9po1_400.gif
It's really upsetting to not only have a puzzle that bounces around as you play (Apparently the jigsaw pieces are like middle schoolers at a dance, all afraid to touch each other), but also times out as you're [i]just a few pieces away from completing it[/i]. [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69288031/1356920130172.jpg[/img] Considering how slow and painful it is to gain treasure via Runes (compared to yesterday when it felt a lot faster...) I was hoping Jigsaw would help. But nooooo. /crywhingemoan
It's really upsetting to not only have a puzzle that bounces around as you play (Apparently the jigsaw pieces are like middle schoolers at a dance, all afraid to touch each other), but also times out as you're just a few pieces away from completing it.

1356920130172.jpg

Considering how slow and painful it is to gain treasure via Runes (compared to yesterday when it felt a lot faster...) I was hoping Jigsaw would help. But nooooo.

/crywhingemoan
[quote name="kerru" date="2013-06-26 19:46:41" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=8&id=165554#172561"]I strongly dislike the changes that have been made to this game. The coliseum has too many bugs and errors, not to mention the connection issues with anything we pretty much do. And now, the only means of income is gone, too? I am serious when I say that I find it sad that this game will become Pay To Win. [/quote] @kerru - Whoa, whoa, whoa. Income has [b]not [/b]been removed; I'm not sure where that's coming from! If the games aren't producing treasure, that's most certainly a bug. However, I just checked in on both [i]Runestones of the Arcanist [/i]and [i]Jigsaw [/i]and they are both producing treasure -- are they not functioning for you?

@kerru -

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Income has not been removed; I'm not sure where that's coming from! If the games aren't producing treasure, that's most certainly a bug. However, I just checked in on both Runestones of the Arcanist and Jigsaw and they are both producing treasure -- are they not functioning for you?
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2013-06-26 19:53:48" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=8&id=165554#172639"][quote name="kerru" date="2013-06-26 19:46:41" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=8&id=165554#172561"]I strongly dislike the changes that have been made to this game. The coliseum has too many bugs and errors, not to mention the connection issues with anything we pretty much do. And now, the only means of income is gone, too? I am serious when I say that I find it sad that this game will become Pay To Win. [/quote] @kerru - Whoa, whoa, whoa. Income has [b]not [/b]been removed; I'm not sure where that's coming from! If the games aren't producing treasure, that's most certainly a bug. However, I just checked in on both [i]Runestones of the Arcanist [/i]and [i]Jigsaw [/i]and they are both producing treasure -- are they not functioning for you?[/quote] Please try to understand where I am coming from. People have said that the Runestones aren't giving a lot of treasure and we all know how well the Coliseum is working. Now the puzzle is glitching too...If it's not broken....don't fix it.

@kerru -

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Income has not been removed; I'm not sure where that's coming from! If the games aren't producing treasure, that's most certainly a bug. However, I just checked in on both Runestones of the Arcanist and Jigsaw and they are both producing treasure -- are they not functioning for you?

Please try to understand where I am coming from. People have said that the Runestones aren't giving a lot of treasure and we all know how well the Coliseum is working. Now the puzzle is glitching too...If it's not broken....don't fix it.
tumblr_mobg0cyIZE1sula9po1_400.gif
[quote name="Meowfred" date="2013-06-26 18:02:51" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=8&id=165554#171250"]Well, doesn't affect me that much since I hate puzzles in general and would just play runes game instead.... but seriously we need some more games, those same old games are making me tired of the site already.... and I'd really recommended bubbles, bejeweled and games of these sort that do not make one exhausted too quickly....[/quote] @Meowfred - We've got several more games in the pipe! :) We're working on making sure the ones we have are as stable as possible before adding more variables to the mix, though.
Well, doesn't affect me that much since I hate puzzles in general and would just play runes game instead.... but seriously we need some more games, those same old games are making me tired of the site already.... and I'd really recommended bubbles, bejeweled and games of these sort that do not make one exhausted too quickly....

@Meowfred - We've got several more games in the pipe! :) We're working on making sure the ones we have are as stable as possible before adding more variables to the mix, though.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21