Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gender Change Scroll?
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 29 30
I totally support this. I've had a ton of female skydancers, male mirrors and male fae but a hard time hatching their opposite genders... I support the idea of changing the gender only once and possibly only on the adult dragons who never bred or on the hatchlings. But only if it would otherwise causes problems with the coding. The "there would be no challenge anymore" argument is, I think, pointless, as Scultone said : [quote name="Scultone" date=2015-01-02 11:26:14] If a gender change scroll was released, nobody will FORCE people to use it. If you don't use it, the challenge in finding the perfect dragon stays, and the people who want to change a dragon's gender - be it for breeding, role play, visuals, etc - are free to do so (at the expected high cost of gems/treasure). Thinking otherwise is pretty self-centered, because it forces others to comply to rules that you prefer and ignores legitimate complaints and suggestions. [/quote] And I would add that I don't see the problem with having the dragon of your dreams more easily (even if "easy" is relative here. You still have breeding cooldowns, not a 100% probability of getting what you want, etc... a gender change would not facilitate the task that much I think). If hardcore gamers want to struggle to have their perfect dragon, good, I like challenge sometimes too. But when your getting frustrated after months of breeding, with little else to do beside it in FR, I think th possibility of a gender swap would be preferable to just quit the game because you don't have fun anymore...
I totally support this. I've had a ton of female skydancers, male mirrors and male fae but a hard time hatching their opposite genders...

I support the idea of changing the gender only once and possibly only on the adult dragons who never bred or on the hatchlings. But only if it would otherwise causes problems with the coding.

The "there would be no challenge anymore" argument is, I think, pointless, as Scultone said :

Scultone wrote on 2015-01-02:

If a gender change scroll was released, nobody will FORCE people to use it. If you don't use it, the challenge in finding the perfect dragon stays, and the people who want to change a dragon's gender - be it for breeding, role play, visuals, etc - are free to do so (at the expected high cost of gems/treasure). Thinking otherwise is pretty self-centered, because it forces others to comply to rules that you prefer and ignores legitimate complaints and suggestions.

And I would add that I don't see the problem with having the dragon of your dreams more easily (even if "easy" is relative here. You still have breeding cooldowns, not a 100% probability of getting what you want, etc... a gender change would not facilitate the task that much I think).
If hardcore gamers want to struggle to have their perfect dragon, good, I like challenge sometimes too. But when your getting frustrated after months of breeding, with little else to do beside it in FR, I think th possibility of a gender swap would be preferable to just quit the game because you don't have fun anymore...

Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.
Sonmi-451
@Ludiya

There is one consequence that Scultone doesn't mention. No, no one would force someone to use the scroll, but it would affect other people. When people can pretty much change their dragon's sex at will (no matter what the cost of the scroll) it is going to affect nearly every single player in the game because that means it could nearly double the amount of dragons that are breedable, and those dragon's offspring will then flood the markets, and people are already complaining about the dragon market being saturated. It would probably be too expensive for new players, but as they realize that it is fairly easy to make money, that scroll will come into reach for them. While I personally don't mind the dragon market being low, there is a point where it gets TOO low, and by opening up the possibility of being able to change the sex of the dragon, unless the restriction is there is no breeding that dragon further, I am afraid that it would drive the market of the 'desirable' dragons too low.

The other thing I have wondered, for those who want to change the sex to get their 'perfect' dragon, how many of those, once they are allowed to change the sex, will want the removal of the 'five generation ban'. After all, some colors combinations are rarer than others, and you might only find the perfect colors in dragons too close in relation to breed.

Last, truthfully, from the other threads on this, I think there are more no supports than supports (at least for breeding purposes, many people, including me, would like a cosmetic pose change scroll or some way to change the dragons sex, even if they can't breed, so I don't think that there would be too many people who would quit because it is harder to breed their perfect dragon.
@Ludiya

There is one consequence that Scultone doesn't mention. No, no one would force someone to use the scroll, but it would affect other people. When people can pretty much change their dragon's sex at will (no matter what the cost of the scroll) it is going to affect nearly every single player in the game because that means it could nearly double the amount of dragons that are breedable, and those dragon's offspring will then flood the markets, and people are already complaining about the dragon market being saturated. It would probably be too expensive for new players, but as they realize that it is fairly easy to make money, that scroll will come into reach for them. While I personally don't mind the dragon market being low, there is a point where it gets TOO low, and by opening up the possibility of being able to change the sex of the dragon, unless the restriction is there is no breeding that dragon further, I am afraid that it would drive the market of the 'desirable' dragons too low.

The other thing I have wondered, for those who want to change the sex to get their 'perfect' dragon, how many of those, once they are allowed to change the sex, will want the removal of the 'five generation ban'. After all, some colors combinations are rarer than others, and you might only find the perfect colors in dragons too close in relation to breed.

Last, truthfully, from the other threads on this, I think there are more no supports than supports (at least for breeding purposes, many people, including me, would like a cosmetic pose change scroll or some way to change the dragons sex, even if they can't breed, so I don't think that there would be too many people who would quit because it is harder to breed their perfect dragon.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Like I honestly cannot believe, with the OBSCENE amount of dragons that are literally flooding and ruining the economy (thanks to the removal of egg rot and site growth) that people still want this item to function mechanically.

It is SO EASY to breed or buy any dragon you could EVER desire for a PITTANCE.
The ONLY way I'd support this, again, is if it was purely cosmetic.
Like I honestly cannot believe, with the OBSCENE amount of dragons that are literally flooding and ruining the economy (thanks to the removal of egg rot and site growth) that people still want this item to function mechanically.

It is SO EASY to breed or buy any dragon you could EVER desire for a PITTANCE.
The ONLY way I'd support this, again, is if it was purely cosmetic.
Δ KUJJm1Z.gif 6XeGCFj.gif Ω
Good morning, folks!

As a reminder, responses to suggestions need to remain constructive and respectful. If you do not like a suggestion or don't want to see it, you are not obligated to respond as suggestions made in this forum are not a to-do list for our developers.
Thank you!

Quote:
Helpful redirection to threads that already exist is permitted, if done so constructively. Similar or paralleled suggestions are going to happen, and we are fine with players helpfully redirecting others to idea threads that already exist. However, doing this in a negative or harassing manner is not permitted and will result in account penalties.

Harassment or mistreatment of players for their thread or ideas is not allowed. This is never okay.

Voicing agreement or disagreement with suggestions is allowed, but please do so constructively. Blunt, antagonizing, or negative comments will not be tolerated, and we strongly encourage that if you do not have something constructive to say, do not post in the thread.

(NOTE: Posts that state "support" or "no support" are permitted, however, we highly encourage that players constructively state why.)

Blunt, antagonizing, or negative comments (example: "read the sticky first" or "i wish people would read before they post") will not be tolerated and will result in account penalties. Be mindful and respectful when referencing this thread.
Good morning, folks!

As a reminder, responses to suggestions need to remain constructive and respectful. If you do not like a suggestion or don't want to see it, you are not obligated to respond as suggestions made in this forum are not a to-do list for our developers.
Thank you!

Quote:
Helpful redirection to threads that already exist is permitted, if done so constructively. Similar or paralleled suggestions are going to happen, and we are fine with players helpfully redirecting others to idea threads that already exist. However, doing this in a negative or harassing manner is not permitted and will result in account penalties.

Harassment or mistreatment of players for their thread or ideas is not allowed. This is never okay.

Voicing agreement or disagreement with suggestions is allowed, but please do so constructively. Blunt, antagonizing, or negative comments will not be tolerated, and we strongly encourage that if you do not have something constructive to say, do not post in the thread.

(NOTE: Posts that state "support" or "no support" are permitted, however, we highly encourage that players constructively state why.)

Blunt, antagonizing, or negative comments (example: "read the sticky first" or "i wish people would read before they post") will not be tolerated and will result in account penalties. Be mindful and respectful when referencing this thread.
@Jemadar

I must miss something because I don't see how it would affect the breeding cooldown. It would change the gender, and that's all, right? Of what I understood, it would not reset the breeding cooldown. So you always would have the same number of dragons at any given moment, it would not double them (it's as if I changed my gender, I would not split into two entities, I would still be one and only person), and they would not be able to breed more frequently. So with all honesty, I fail to understand this argument ^^'

As for the rest, I can't answer, but I think that the people who would want a removal of the five generation ban would ask for it with or without the possibility of a gender swap ^^ People always will want more (I as well, even if in that case I'm more RP and would not want a removal of the ban, incest is not my thing, and certainly not for pretty colors.)

Last, I didn't peruse all posts on the subject (I found this one by accident), so I don't know the number of support or no support. Truthfully I don't really care if the thing is done or not. FR is a game, not the meaning of my life, I'm here to have fun, that's why if I really get frustrated I would certainly go away (I personnaly don't search for a perfect dragon, I just breed some to have many pretty babies, and I love them all :p). But I would say that I think there's more people like me (who could get or already have been frustrated and quited) than you imagine. It's only that we're normally just silent (I've already spent more time on those two last posts that I would have care normally... But well, if someone adress me directly, I respond. It's the polite thing to do.)

So, I said what I prefered on the subject because I could, but I don't demand anything, I don't mean any disrespect and I'll still be glad to play here with or without the gender swap device ^^'

@Jemadar

I must miss something because I don't see how it would affect the breeding cooldown. It would change the gender, and that's all, right? Of what I understood, it would not reset the breeding cooldown. So you always would have the same number of dragons at any given moment, it would not double them (it's as if I changed my gender, I would not split into two entities, I would still be one and only person), and they would not be able to breed more frequently. So with all honesty, I fail to understand this argument ^^'

As for the rest, I can't answer, but I think that the people who would want a removal of the five generation ban would ask for it with or without the possibility of a gender swap ^^ People always will want more (I as well, even if in that case I'm more RP and would not want a removal of the ban, incest is not my thing, and certainly not for pretty colors.)

Last, I didn't peruse all posts on the subject (I found this one by accident), so I don't know the number of support or no support. Truthfully I don't really care if the thing is done or not. FR is a game, not the meaning of my life, I'm here to have fun, that's why if I really get frustrated I would certainly go away (I personnaly don't search for a perfect dragon, I just breed some to have many pretty babies, and I love them all :p). But I would say that I think there's more people like me (who could get or already have been frustrated and quited) than you imagine. It's only that we're normally just silent (I've already spent more time on those two last posts that I would have care normally... But well, if someone adress me directly, I respond. It's the polite thing to do.)

So, I said what I prefered on the subject because I could, but I don't demand anything, I don't mean any disrespect and I'll still be glad to play here with or without the gender swap device ^^'

Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.
Sonmi-451
@Ludiya

It wouldn't change the breeding cooldown, but if you could switch gender at a whim, you could breed (have children with) twice the amount of people, which is what I was getting at. Right now if a person has two dragons that he/she wants to breed, sex can be the preventing factor. Two males or Females can't breed together. However, if you could make one of those female/male then they could be bred. That is what would double the number (or at least I think I am not a statistician) of dragons able to be bred at any given time. As of right now, if I have two dragons that I think would be perfect for each other, but are the same sex, I am more likely to hold off until I get another dragon of the correct sex before breeding. I am not likely to breed those dragons to any other dragons just in case I find the perfect dragon in a day or two.

Yeah, I don't know how many people would actually ask for a lifting of the ban, but I could see it happening when people find out that the dragons they just bought were sisters or brothers (happened to me, bought two dragons shortly after I got here, both female, both nearly the same colors, but different breeds of dragon, I never even realized until much later that they were actually sisters because I didn't pay any attention to who I bought them from or who their parents were, I was just looking for pretty dragons of specific breeds). Yeah, it would happen with or without the sex change scroll, but I could see the arguments for removing it if we had the sex change scroll being pretty much like this one.

Truthfully, I would prefer it to not be done, but if it is (which I am not sure I think the admins have said it won't be, but not sure if that was in reference to a sex change scroll or same sex breeding. One of the two they said would require a nearly complete rewrite of the site to implement) then I really wouldn't be too bothered by it. I would be disappointed, but not much else. I am like you, I don't have breeding pairs because frankly I don't know what I want to breed for yet. I breed to see what comes out. I got my avvie through one breeding (and had to fight off a friend who wanted him :D) and was quite happy, the others out of that same pair aren't so pretty.

Yeah, there could be more people that get frustrated and quit, but there might also be more people who feel the same way as the no supports, that they like the challenge of needing to find SOMETHING to breed for, that just don't come onto the forums. I was just saying that i don't think that the people who would quit over not getting a scroll to change the sex outnumber the people who don't want the scroll (now if they already had the scroll at the beginning and took it away, yes, I can see that, but not just not getting the scroll) I am also the same way, someone addresses me directly I will try to answer.

Same here, some things would be nice to see, others I really hope they don't get implemented because to me they would ruin the game, but ultimately, this isn't my game, and it is only a game. I like what I have seen so far and sounds like there are some interesting things in the works.

Good luck and hope you get some pretty babies :D
@Ludiya

It wouldn't change the breeding cooldown, but if you could switch gender at a whim, you could breed (have children with) twice the amount of people, which is what I was getting at. Right now if a person has two dragons that he/she wants to breed, sex can be the preventing factor. Two males or Females can't breed together. However, if you could make one of those female/male then they could be bred. That is what would double the number (or at least I think I am not a statistician) of dragons able to be bred at any given time. As of right now, if I have two dragons that I think would be perfect for each other, but are the same sex, I am more likely to hold off until I get another dragon of the correct sex before breeding. I am not likely to breed those dragons to any other dragons just in case I find the perfect dragon in a day or two.

Yeah, I don't know how many people would actually ask for a lifting of the ban, but I could see it happening when people find out that the dragons they just bought were sisters or brothers (happened to me, bought two dragons shortly after I got here, both female, both nearly the same colors, but different breeds of dragon, I never even realized until much later that they were actually sisters because I didn't pay any attention to who I bought them from or who their parents were, I was just looking for pretty dragons of specific breeds). Yeah, it would happen with or without the sex change scroll, but I could see the arguments for removing it if we had the sex change scroll being pretty much like this one.

Truthfully, I would prefer it to not be done, but if it is (which I am not sure I think the admins have said it won't be, but not sure if that was in reference to a sex change scroll or same sex breeding. One of the two they said would require a nearly complete rewrite of the site to implement) then I really wouldn't be too bothered by it. I would be disappointed, but not much else. I am like you, I don't have breeding pairs because frankly I don't know what I want to breed for yet. I breed to see what comes out. I got my avvie through one breeding (and had to fight off a friend who wanted him :D) and was quite happy, the others out of that same pair aren't so pretty.

Yeah, there could be more people that get frustrated and quit, but there might also be more people who feel the same way as the no supports, that they like the challenge of needing to find SOMETHING to breed for, that just don't come onto the forums. I was just saying that i don't think that the people who would quit over not getting a scroll to change the sex outnumber the people who don't want the scroll (now if they already had the scroll at the beginning and took it away, yes, I can see that, but not just not getting the scroll) I am also the same way, someone addresses me directly I will try to answer.

Same here, some things would be nice to see, others I really hope they don't get implemented because to me they would ruin the game, but ultimately, this isn't my game, and it is only a game. I like what I have seen so far and sounds like there are some interesting things in the works.

Good luck and hope you get some pretty babies :D

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I have to support this.

I play another game (won't say the name) and they have a special item that allows you to change the gender of your animal.

The item can only be used once and then it expires, and you have to buy a new one.

If the price was super expensive, as in 250k+ in treasure, I don't think it'd cause a huge issue unless people started selling it for super low like 1k and everyone could get it.

There really is no issue with it >>
I have to support this.

I play another game (won't say the name) and they have a special item that allows you to change the gender of your animal.

The item can only be used once and then it expires, and you have to buy a new one.

If the price was super expensive, as in 250k+ in treasure, I don't think it'd cause a huge issue unless people started selling it for super low like 1k and everyone could get it.

There really is no issue with it >>
JYQOAT.png vista_mirror2.png SFVs3nl.png
ir82bPv.png
Support gender change as a gem option costing in excess of circa 4000 gems. That way it's a thought about action for a treasured dragon.
Support gender change as a gem option costing in excess of circa 4000 gems. That way it's a thought about action for a treasured dragon.
7ht7.jpg
@Jemadar

I think I see what you mean now :) Well, I think there's as much good reasons for and against the implement of that device, depend of the point of view. I think I'm definitly neutral now xD

Good day to you and have fun! :)

L.
@Jemadar

I think I see what you mean now :) Well, I think there's as much good reasons for and against the implement of that device, depend of the point of view. I think I'm definitly neutral now xD

Good day to you and have fun! :)

L.
Sonmi-451
There's already a way to change the gender of your dragon.
  1. Go to your dragon's page
  2. Open the bio editor
  3. Type in their desired gender. If your dragon has a bio in their bio box, add it in wherever you feel fit.
  4. Press 'save'.
There's already a way to change the gender of your dragon.
  1. Go to your dragon's page
  2. Open the bio editor
  3. Type in their desired gender. If your dragon has a bio in their bio box, add it in wherever you feel fit.
  4. Press 'save'.
tumblr_o0zdk7U6M21u3wsjco6_250.png a1rYPJ5.png

gASzi6V.pngtP5PUOX.png

they/them; +17fr
doodle art
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 29 30