Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 753 754
Sorry if this has been asked, I just know it hasn't been answered yet :)

Why is there no skydancer lore yet?
Sorry if this has been asked, I just know it hasn't been answered yet :)

Why is there no skydancer lore yet?
Two questions, on quite disparate subjects:

1)So, I went and foraged today. I have just noticed that gathering turns end with a 'Success' up at the top. Does that mean there was once a plan for there to be the potential for gathering turns to fail?

2)I understand not discussing specific real disciplinary actions. Why are we not allowed to ask about hypothetical cases, though?
Two questions, on quite disparate subjects:

1)So, I went and foraged today. I have just noticed that gathering turns end with a 'Success' up at the top. Does that mean there was once a plan for there to be the potential for gathering turns to fail?

2)I understand not discussing specific real disciplinary actions. Why are we not allowed to ask about hypothetical cases, though?
I'm EIGHT/8/Eight hours ahead of FR Time.
How're we doing with the new forum optimizations?
How're we doing with the new forum optimizations?
177499lightofknowledge2.png
HOW BIG ARE BUGS?? ok im sorry im just v excited about insects and like ive been thinking a lot about the size of familiars vs. dragon sizes anyway (I dont think we have a comprehensive guide per se, I know that faes can ride elk but that's about all I know for sure) - but then when you go to do your gathering for the day and there's the insect catching image [img]http://flightrising.com/images/layout/insectcatching.jpg[/img] is this any indication of how big insects can be?? I mean, imperials can [i]eat[/i] insects, and I guess that could be like whales eating krill, but also it makes me wonder, how many insects is a mouthful to an imp? how big is that spider?? how big is that beetle??? Can a fae ride that beetle??? CAN AN ELK RIDE THE BEETLE???? I have to know
HOW BIG ARE BUGS??

ok im sorry im just v excited about insects and like

ive been thinking a lot about the size of familiars vs. dragon sizes anyway (I dont think we have a comprehensive guide per se, I know that faes can ride elk but that's about all I know for sure) - but then when you go to do your gathering for the day and there's the insect catching image

insectcatching.jpg

is this any indication of how big insects can be?? I mean, imperials can eat insects, and I guess that could be like whales eating krill, but also it makes me wonder, how many insects is a mouthful to an imp? how big is that spider?? how big is that beetle??? Can a fae ride that beetle??? CAN AN ELK RIDE THE BEETLE????

I have to know
............................ P583N5e.png ....
{ jimmie · he/him · fr +2 }

adopts // clan lorebook
.... 6IsQP.gif
What's the current approximate wait time on Contact Us? Should we just resend a Contact Us if we don't hear back within a week or two? I'm asking because I sent one in on the 12th and I haven't heard anything back yet. Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask in!
What's the current approximate wait time on Contact Us? Should we just resend a Contact Us if we don't hear back within a week or two? I'm asking because I sent one in on the 12th and I haven't heard anything back yet. Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask in!
I'm on FR time! Pronouns: she/her
Accents | Tumblr | Commissions
Excerpts from a Longneck Journal - beastclans-POV illustrated fic, finished
tumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.gif tumblr_inline_n6kdumWg7l1qlye38.gif tumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.gif
@Aequorin Your links in the second comment appear to be broken.
@Aequorin Your links in the second comment appear to be broken.
According to their encyclopedia entry, Snappers can't fly. So how do Snappers in Wind clans get to the Cloudsong? Do other dragons have to lift them up? Is there magic involved? Giant balloons?
According to their encyclopedia entry, Snappers can't fly. So how do Snappers in Wind clans get to the Cloudsong? Do other dragons have to lift them up? Is there magic involved? Giant balloons?
em6w7kr.gif
IbBoqrd.png
2uhpogl.jpg
GLORY TO THE DREAMERS
5QvVNEC.png
[quote]So, it's already known that exalting either of one's progens doesn't give a treasure reward. Does this carry over into the dominance counter? For instance, if I exalt my random progen to the Plaguebringer at level 10, does that count for 10 levels towards Plague, one level towards Plague, or nothing at all (as though the dragon hadn't been exalted)?[/quote] Progenitors do not count towards [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/dominance][b]Dominance[/b][/url]. [br][br] [quote]Is there a set process as to what day the skin and accent submissions for the next festival go up? Is it the day after the previous festival ends? Or is there something else you look at when posting?[/quote] There is not a set day. We tend to try to make sure it does not overlap it into the week of a currently running festival, and to get it up when a content update arrives. [br][br] [quote]Is the Windsinger still staying at the Observatory or back at his lair? If he's still at Arcanist's place, then why has he been there for so long and not at home yet? His little windies are calling for their daddy back. Windsinger better not be eating Arcanist out of house and home.[/quote] The [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=3&tab=dragon&did=3][b]Windsinger[/b][/url] is on an epic journey. We hear he's at [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=explore&map=2][b]Wyrmwound[/b][/url] these days. [br][br] [quote]Are the shellbugs based off a RL invertebrate?[/quote] They are loosely based off pillbugs and Podid familiars. [br][br] [quote]Who composed the Fairgrounds BGMs? I really like the one for Runestones, it gets me awfully pumped up for a memory game.[/quote] A fellow who goes by the handle "Slogra" composed the melody for [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=faire&game=runestones][b]Runestones of the Arcanist[/b][/url]. We like it too! [br][br] [quote]1)So, I went and foraged today. I have just noticed that gathering turns end with a 'Success' up at the top. Does that mean there was once a plan for there to be the potential for gathering turns to fail?[/quote] There were no failed gathering turns - but some turn up more loot than others. "Success!" makes it feel better to gather, like your dragons have done something really great! "As expected!" just isn't as fun! [br][br] [quote]HOW BIG ARE BUGS?? ok im sorry im just v excited about insects and like ive been thinking a lot about the size of familiars vs. dragon sizes anyway (I dont think we have a comprehensive guide per se, I know that faes can ride elk but that's about all I know for sure) - but then when you go to do your gathering for the day and there's the insect catching image insectcatching.jpg is this any indication of how big insects can be?? I mean, imperials can eat insects, and I guess that could be like whales eating krill, but also it makes me wonder, how many insects is a mouthful to an imp? how big is that spider?? how big is that beetle??? Can a fae ride that beetle??? CAN AN ELK RIDE THE BEETLE???? I have to know[/quote] Most of the non-familiar bugs are slightly larger than their Earth analogs. We'd say you're looking at prehistoric-sized creepy crawlies. Despite this, even a large insect is very small when compared with a dragon, let alone [i]Flight Rising[/i]'s giant dragons! We like to think that insects are particularly nutritious and filling! [br][br] [quote]What's the current approximate wait time on Contact Us? Should we just resend a Contact Us if we don't hear back within a week or two? I'm asking because I sent one in on the 12th and I haven't heard anything back yet. Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask in![/quote] No need to apologize! :) Wait time varies based on type and severity. As for what to do, I want to call everyone's attention to our [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/help/1197864][b]Customer Support sticky[/b][/url] in [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/help][b]the Help Center[/b][/url]. If you haven't received a reply to your ticket after two full weeks have passed, please private message me with your ticket number. I'll do some digging and see what I can find out for you. [br][br] [quote]According to their encyclopedia entry, Snappers can't fly. So how do Snappers in Wind clans get to the Cloudsong? Do other dragons have to lift them up? Is there magic involved? Giant balloons?[/quote] Most [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=23][b]Snappers[/b][/url] would need assistance to reach [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/wiki/world-map/region/3][b]the Cloudsong[/b][/url]; however, Snappers who are Wind Element may be able to lift themselves upward. Those of the Arcane Flight may be able to twist the laws of gravity in their general area.
Quote:
So, it's already known that exalting either of one's progens doesn't give a treasure reward. Does this carry over into the dominance counter? For instance, if I exalt my random progen to the Plaguebringer at level 10, does that count for 10 levels towards Plague, one level towards Plague, or nothing at all (as though the dragon hadn't been exalted)?

Progenitors do not count towards Dominance.

Quote:
Is there a set process as to what day the skin and accent submissions for the next festival go up? Is it the day after the previous festival ends? Or is there something else you look at when posting?

There is not a set day. We tend to try to make sure it does not overlap it into the week of a currently running festival, and to get it up when a content update arrives.

Quote:
Is the Windsinger still staying at the Observatory or back at his lair? If he's still at Arcanist's place, then why has he been there for so long and not at home yet? His little windies are calling for their daddy back. Windsinger better not be eating Arcanist out of house and home.

The Windsinger is on an epic journey. We hear he's at Wyrmwound these days.

Quote:
Are the shellbugs based off a RL invertebrate?

They are loosely based off pillbugs and Podid familiars.

Quote:
Who composed the Fairgrounds BGMs? I really like the one for Runestones, it gets me awfully pumped up for a memory game.

A fellow who goes by the handle "Slogra" composed the melody for Runestones of the Arcanist. We like it too!

Quote:

There were no failed gathering turns - but some turn up more loot than others. "Success!" makes it feel better to gather, like your dragons have done something really great! "As expected!" just isn't as fun!

Quote:
HOW BIG ARE BUGS??

ok im sorry im just v excited about insects and like

ive been thinking a lot about the size of familiars vs. dragon sizes anyway (I dont think we have a comprehensive guide per se, I know that faes can ride elk but that's about all I know for sure) - but then when you go to do your gathering for the day and there's the insect catching image

insectcatching.jpg

is this any indication of how big insects can be?? I mean, imperials can eat insects, and I guess that could be like whales eating krill, but also it makes me wonder, how many insects is a mouthful to an imp? how big is that spider?? how big is that beetle??? Can a fae ride that beetle??? CAN AN ELK RIDE THE BEETLE????

I have to know

Most of the non-familiar bugs are slightly larger than their Earth analogs. We'd say you're looking at prehistoric-sized creepy crawlies.

Despite this, even a large insect is very small when compared with a dragon, let alone Flight Rising's giant dragons! We like to think that insects are particularly nutritious and filling!

Quote:

No need to apologize! :)

Wait time varies based on type and severity.

As for what to do, I want to call everyone's attention to our Customer Support sticky in the Help Center. If you haven't received a reply to your ticket after two full weeks have passed, please private message me with your ticket number. I'll do some digging and see what I can find out for you.

Quote:

Most Snappers would need assistance to reach the Cloudsong; however, Snappers who are Wind Element may be able to lift themselves upward. Those of the Arcane Flight may be able to twist the laws of gravity in their general area.
Hi! I assume Hiveworks is responsible for delivering advertisements for their comics and wanted to see if I could get a confirmation that they are not responsible for non-comic ads (advertisements for stores, items, etc)
Thanks!

I think I may have missed the asking window but this wasn't a concern until just now, sorry xD
Hi! I assume Hiveworks is responsible for delivering advertisements for their comics and wanted to see if I could get a confirmation that they are not responsible for non-comic ads (advertisements for stores, items, etc)
Thanks!

I think I may have missed the asking window but this wasn't a concern until just now, sorry xD
We've been told before by Undel that festival currency drop rates are higher in higher Coliseum venues. Is that true only for elemental enemies, or for neutral enemies as well? (Looking at the data we have so far, there's an upward trend for elemental enemies, but not really for neutral ones, thus the question.)
We've been told before by Undel that festival currency drop rates are higher in higher Coliseum venues. Is that true only for elemental enemies, or for neutral enemies as well? (Looking at the data we have so far, there's an upward trend for elemental enemies, but not really for neutral ones, thus the question.)
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 753 754