Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | insert super cool clickbait-y title here
now that you've been tricked–– i mean.. bamboozled–– I MEAN... ahem, now that your interest has been piqued by the totally legit title of this intro post that will be super cool and totally not like every other intro post except it's definitely just a run-of-the-mill intro post, let's get into it

hi! i'm lia (not actually my real name but an alias because i had to learn about #strangerdanger internet-style the hard way :s) and i'm new here (in case you couldn't tell)

i'm 21 buuut almost 22 so i feel like i'm kinda justified to just say i'm 22 already?? idk

i'm really into winter-y aesthetics, literary tropes, binge-watching stuff on netflix when i'm home alone because being alone in a quiet house freaks me out and i need the noise, fantasy books, fantasy books about dragons, writing in general, aaaand crying over fictional characters.. yup.. if you relate to any of that we should probably be friends, just sayin' c:

i've heard nice things about this site so i was kinda curious to see what all the fuss was about

so.. yeah
now that you've been tricked–– i mean.. bamboozled–– I MEAN... ahem, now that your interest has been piqued by the totally legit title of this intro post that will be super cool and totally not like every other intro post except it's definitely just a run-of-the-mill intro post, let's get into it

hi! i'm lia (not actually my real name but an alias because i had to learn about #strangerdanger internet-style the hard way :s) and i'm new here (in case you couldn't tell)

i'm 21 buuut almost 22 so i feel like i'm kinda justified to just say i'm 22 already?? idk

i'm really into winter-y aesthetics, literary tropes, binge-watching stuff on netflix when i'm home alone because being alone in a quiet house freaks me out and i need the noise, fantasy books, fantasy books about dragons, writing in general, aaaand crying over fictional characters.. yup.. if you relate to any of that we should probably be friends, just sayin' c:

i've heard nice things about this site so i was kinda curious to see what all the fuss was about

so.. yeah
@Block

Hello!! Welcome to FR! If you need any help feel free to ask me, I know it can be more than a bit overwhelming at first!

You're in Ice, right? Your elemental festival is coming up, Ice's festival is at the end of January! It'll start on the 27th at 6:00 FR time and run through the week till next Sunday at 6:00 FR time. Your flight might be planning something special for the festival, so check the Ice Forums to see what's going on!

By the way, you can get people's attention on the forums by putting an @ next to their username like I did.
@Block

Hello!! Welcome to FR! If you need any help feel free to ask me, I know it can be more than a bit overwhelming at first!

You're in Ice, right? Your elemental festival is coming up, Ice's festival is at the end of January! It'll start on the 27th at 6:00 FR time and run through the week till next Sunday at 6:00 FR time. Your flight might be planning something special for the festival, so check the Ice Forums to see what's going on!

By the way, you can get people's attention on the forums by putting an @ next to their username like I did.
YUDrFCG.png
@Block -

Ah, welcome welcome ~ I think you're bound to find your stay on FR to be a worthwhilr experience.I mean, there are dragons, so that's a given, hmm? ^^ I think that your vhoice for Ice flight was a brilliant one and you'll be happy there indeed.

The community is kindly and supportive, and speaking of those niceties you might just want to check your Crossroads - I've a little gift for you there to help you get started with your shenanigans. It seems we have a few similar interests, so feel free to PM me any time - be it to cry over a character or whatever. A merry dragoning to you!.
@Block -

Ah, welcome welcome ~ I think you're bound to find your stay on FR to be a worthwhilr experience.I mean, there are dragons, so that's a given, hmm? ^^ I think that your vhoice for Ice flight was a brilliant one and you'll be happy there indeed.

The community is kindly and supportive, and speaking of those niceties you might just want to check your Crossroads - I've a little gift for you there to help you get started with your shenanigans. It seems we have a few similar interests, so feel free to PM me any time - be it to cry over a character or whatever. A merry dragoning to you!.
@dragonpals Thank you so much! And thanks for the info, I did some googling after I read that and now i'm super pumped for the festival! looks like I chose the right time to join haha. ( also i like the background of your little forum profile thing, spooky violins = cool stuff )

@Boospookum Thank youu! c: I think you're quite right, dragons are pretty cool so realistically, the site must also be pretty cool. And thanks, I just really liked the aesthetic of it.

Thanks again for the gift, it was really kind of you ( and again, I love the name you chose! ) I'll send a friend req your way, of course if that's okay, maybe sometime we can cry over characters together :P
@dragonpals Thank you so much! And thanks for the info, I did some googling after I read that and now i'm super pumped for the festival! looks like I chose the right time to join haha. ( also i like the background of your little forum profile thing, spooky violins = cool stuff )

@Boospookum Thank youu! c: I think you're quite right, dragons are pretty cool so realistically, the site must also be pretty cool. And thanks, I just really liked the aesthetic of it.

Thanks again for the gift, it was really kind of you ( and again, I love the name you chose! ) I'll send a friend req your way, of course if that's okay, maybe sometime we can cry over characters together :P
@Block

Welcome to FR Lia! I'm Leah XD (Also not my real name but it's my main alias)

You got such a cool username lol and ice for the win, always. You have chosen the objectively coolest flight to join! I see you already got some super cool looking dragons now : 3

Aaaaaand, just out of curiosity, which fictional characters do you cry over for? (aka what fandoms are you in? I'm also a huge nerd so that's 1000% relatable
@Block

Welcome to FR Lia! I'm Leah XD (Also not my real name but it's my main alias)

You got such a cool username lol and ice for the win, always. You have chosen the objectively coolest flight to join! I see you already got some super cool looking dragons now : 3

Aaaaaand, just out of curiosity, which fictional characters do you cry over for? (aka what fandoms are you in? I'm also a huge nerd so that's 1000% relatable
FtEyaKW.png
@hompkins Thanks Leah! ( I like how we have pretty similar aliases, it's like we were fated to bump into each other haha )

Thank you! Recently I've started being a fan of one-letter usernames for the ~aesthetic~ ( what kind of aesthetic? who knows, it just looks cool to me I guess lol ) and after 7 million other tries I finally found a simple word that was available!
So far ice has been definitely cool and chill ( pun intended ) and people have been surprisingly generous with dragons, hence all the pretty ones i've got so far!

As for fandoms, I tend to stick to a few 'main' ones that I always come back to ( Harry Potter, The Magicians, A Series of Unfortunate Events ) but also I read a loooot of High Fantasy, YA Fantasy, and NA Fantasy books so there's usually some new character or other that I'm crying over from week to week :P

How about you? What fandoms are you in?
@hompkins Thanks Leah! ( I like how we have pretty similar aliases, it's like we were fated to bump into each other haha )

Thank you! Recently I've started being a fan of one-letter usernames for the ~aesthetic~ ( what kind of aesthetic? who knows, it just looks cool to me I guess lol ) and after 7 million other tries I finally found a simple word that was available!
So far ice has been definitely cool and chill ( pun intended ) and people have been surprisingly generous with dragons, hence all the pretty ones i've got so far!

As for fandoms, I tend to stick to a few 'main' ones that I always come back to ( Harry Potter, The Magicians, A Series of Unfortunate Events ) but also I read a loooot of High Fantasy, YA Fantasy, and NA Fantasy books so there's usually some new character or other that I'm crying over from week to week :P

How about you? What fandoms are you in?
@Block

I'm glad you're able to find your username lol also your newest pearly coatl is very pretty~

I'm super into the Harry Potter fandom ^ ^
I practically grew up with the books and the new Fantastic beast movies are great too! Also according to pottermore I'm a Ravenclaw.

However I'm not so familiar with The Magicians nor A Series of Unfortunate Events. As of other fantasy fandoms I'm a huge fan of the Lord of the Rings. A Song of Ice and Fire is very good too.
@Block

I'm glad you're able to find your username lol also your newest pearly coatl is very pretty~

I'm super into the Harry Potter fandom ^ ^
I practically grew up with the books and the new Fantastic beast movies are great too! Also according to pottermore I'm a Ravenclaw.

However I'm not so familiar with The Magicians nor A Series of Unfortunate Events. As of other fantasy fandoms I'm a huge fan of the Lord of the Rings. A Song of Ice and Fire is very good too.
FtEyaKW.png
@hompkins

Thank you! I really like her :D

I'm such a big fan, I used to think I was a Ravenclaw ( and even got a set of Ravenclaw robes when i was in middle school, rip ) but the pottermore test sorted me into Slytherin soo.. I guess I'm a Slytherin :P

I love LotR! I wasn't really into the newer hobbit movie trilogy, though. But the original trilogy was awesome, and the books were great too

I watched the Game of Thrones series for a while, but I never got a chance to pick up the book series. Would you recommend it?
@hompkins

Thank you! I really like her :D

I'm such a big fan, I used to think I was a Ravenclaw ( and even got a set of Ravenclaw robes when i was in middle school, rip ) but the pottermore test sorted me into Slytherin soo.. I guess I'm a Slytherin :P

I love LotR! I wasn't really into the newer hobbit movie trilogy, though. But the original trilogy was awesome, and the books were great too

I watched the Game of Thrones series for a while, but I never got a chance to pick up the book series. Would you recommend it?