Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | Hi I'm new
1 2
Hello, I'm new here at Flight Rising. I'm excited to get started. Feel free to Message me, or add me as a friend.

My other interests are: Arts and crafts, Anime, hiking, and gaming.

Also if you have any tips for how to get started here, I'd greatly appreciate it.

thanks <3
Hello, I'm new here at Flight Rising. I'm excited to get started. Feel free to Message me, or add me as a friend.

My other interests are: Arts and crafts, Anime, hiking, and gaming.

Also if you have any tips for how to get started here, I'd greatly appreciate it.

thanks <3
@SapphireSunlight Hello, welcome on FR ! Some tips then : > feeding your dragons (if overall energy stays over 80% = 40/50 for more than 3 days n over, u get bonuses, bonus xp, more gathering turns, 1g/day, some treasure/day) > gathering items (gives either food or materials and chests, including special chests during festival (digging) or eggs (scavenging)) > bonding with familiars (if u have any > they can be found in the Coliseum [PvE fight], during gathering [a certain level is needed, for each familiar that can be found there], on the AH [quite many are cheap, 3/4g (gems) or 2.9/3kt (kt = 1000 treasure)] or by opening the chest u get by attaining new level of bond with familiar, I think u need to attain the 4th level minimum to get a chest that most likely gives familiar [not 100% prob] > these chests give gems, too u.u) > Fairground games (especially Artifracture) are a good way to get treasure, that can be used to expand your lair (it gets quite expensive after a while so it's best to save treasure as much as you can) > Also it's best to keep your lair small at first [s]just what I didn't do[/s] so you can control food expense better. And it's better to think about requirements for the dragons of your lair, whether it is breed or genes or color... my lair is a happy mess uh (edit : I'm actually considering a partial lair purge at this point..... sob) > Breeding is also something to think through, an unbred dragon will sell for more for example, also you need to plan the oncoming hatchlings, who'll take space in your lair. Overall looks of the dragon are important but colors and genes will influence the offpspring's looks so you want to keep this in mind, Some gene/colo combinations are rarer than others, too, for example nice looking pinstripe/trail dragons are very expensive. It's good to check what's trendy on the AH from time to time, since there are LOTS of dragons. > If you'd rather not see the dragons you put on sale being exalted I recommend you pay attention to "dom battles", every dragon just below average price can get exalted... Doesn't mean your dragon couldn't get exalted at some point, but that's something to know if you ever saw fodder price going from around 4kt to 6 or even 7... > Checking the AH for possible cuties at low price is great, I got this beauty for 7kt ! Which is like nothing when you're playing regularly. Here is the adult preview. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=132&bodygene=10&breed=13&element=10&gender=1&tert=163&tertgene=5&winggene=22&wings=72&auth=f7969b1b590d9564d912f0d307dd85df4b439e24&dummyext=prev.png[/img] > Which brings me to the last point (I think). The Scrying Workshop is your savior. Really. If you want to find a mate for one of your dragons, you need to check if they are not too closely related, especially if they have similar looks. Offspring preview is great, too. Although this website is great to get genes % and color range : http://keelanrosa.com/fr/ (I believe it's safe, I know it's used a lot) Don't hesitate to ask questions if you didn't get something, or about anything else/pm me/add me ! c: PS : totally forgot about the interests u mentioned. > Do u watch any anime atm? (prepare for a long list) I'm very fond of Hinamatsuri, Darling in the FranXX, Devils Line, Golden Kamuy, Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori, Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi and Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii?. That's all I guess. I like variety in anime. Subbed in English ofc. My ears feel as if bleeding if I watch dubbed anime... > I am very hyped for the second season of Quan Zhi Gao Shou, my gamer soul rejoices *-* as the title says it's in Chinese. Feels nice to hear another langage, makes me realize how used to how Japanese sounds c: > Which kind of games do you play? I'm more of a PC gamer for I didn't have access to game consoles except for a Nintendo Gamecube (I love Mario Kart with all my heart hehe) :3 > Do you draw or are you more into admiring? There's an art section that's why I say that, one can make some treasure/gems by doing commissions :D edit edit : don't forget to ping me otherwise I won't be notified of your answer (that is, if you didn't get scared of this VERY long post...)
@SapphireSunlight

Hello, welcome on FR !
Some tips then :

> feeding your dragons (if overall energy stays over 80% = 40/50 for more than 3 days n over, u get bonuses, bonus xp, more gathering turns, 1g/day, some treasure/day)
> gathering items (gives either food or materials and chests, including special chests during festival (digging) or eggs (scavenging))
> bonding with familiars (if u have any > they can be found in the Coliseum [PvE fight], during gathering [a certain level is needed, for each familiar that can be found there], on the AH [quite many are cheap, 3/4g (gems) or 2.9/3kt (kt = 1000 treasure)] or by opening the chest u get by attaining new level of bond with familiar, I think u need to attain the 4th level minimum to get a chest that most likely gives familiar [not 100% prob] > these chests give gems, too u.u)
> Fairground games (especially Artifracture) are a good way to get treasure, that can be used to expand your lair (it gets quite expensive after a while so it's best to save treasure as much as you can)

> Also it's best to keep your lair small at first just what I didn't do so you can control food expense better. And it's better to think about requirements for the dragons of your lair, whether it is breed or genes or color... my lair is a happy mess uh (edit : I'm actually considering a partial lair purge at this point..... sob)

> Breeding is also something to think through, an unbred dragon will sell for more for example, also you need to plan the oncoming hatchlings, who'll take space in your lair. Overall looks of the dragon are important but colors and genes will influence the offpspring's looks so you want to keep this in mind,
Some gene/colo combinations are rarer than others, too, for example nice looking pinstripe/trail dragons are very expensive. It's good to check what's trendy on the AH from time to time, since there are LOTS of dragons.

> If you'd rather not see the dragons you put on sale being exalted I recommend you pay attention to "dom battles", every dragon just below average price can get exalted... Doesn't mean your dragon couldn't get exalted at some point, but that's something to know if you ever saw fodder price going from around 4kt to 6 or even 7...

> Checking the AH for possible cuties at low price is great, I got this beauty for 7kt ! Which is like nothing when you're playing regularly. Here is the adult preview.
dragon?age=1&body=132&bodygene=10&breed=13&element=10&gender=1&tert=163&tertgene=5&winggene=22&wings=72&auth=f7969b1b590d9564d912f0d307dd85df4b439e24&dummyext=prev.png
> Which brings me to the last point (I think). The Scrying Workshop is your savior. Really. If you want to find a mate for one of your dragons, you need to check if they are not too closely related, especially if they have similar looks. Offspring preview is great, too. Although this website is great to get genes % and color range : http://keelanrosa.com/fr/ (I believe it's safe, I know it's used a lot)

Don't hesitate to ask questions if you didn't get something, or about anything else/pm me/add me ! c:

PS : totally forgot about the interests u mentioned.
> Do u watch any anime atm?
(prepare for a long list)
I'm very fond of Hinamatsuri, Darling in the FranXX, Devils Line, Golden Kamuy, Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori, Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi and Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii?. That's all I guess. I like variety in anime. Subbed in English ofc. My ears feel as if bleeding if I watch dubbed anime...
> I am very hyped for the second season of Quan Zhi Gao Shou, my gamer soul rejoices *-* as the title says it's in Chinese. Feels nice to hear another langage, makes me realize how used to how Japanese sounds c:

> Which kind of games do you play? I'm more of a PC gamer for I didn't have access to game consoles except for a Nintendo Gamecube (I love Mario Kart with all my heart hehe) :3

> Do you draw or are you more into admiring? There's an art section that's why I say that, one can make some treasure/gems by doing commissions :D

edit edit : don't forget to ping me otherwise I won't be notified of your answer (that is, if you didn't get scared of this VERY long post...)
He/Him - They/Them
FR+10
Potato Wannabe
Wheeeewze ♥
63453886.png
Welcome to FR!

I'm a gamer myself although my main games right now are Fallout, The Sims and Stardew Valley XD

Enjoy yourself!
Welcome to FR!

I'm a gamer myself although my main games right now are Fallout, The Sims and Stardew Valley XD

Enjoy yourself!
t88jSp8.png oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png FIND A DRAGON FORUM: If I make you an offer, please ping me either way! I would rather be told no than left hanging! Thank you! tumblr_inline_njw5iwmQUG1qg2i5p.gif
@SapphireSunlight hello! welcome to FR!
i think spectralkitten covered basically all the tips for getting started at the game lol

i'd suggest that you wander a little bit into the guides in the forums, especially if you're looking for anything more specific.

if you find yourself getting into the coliseum & dominance-related efforts, definitely check out your flight's dom forums and this guide here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1040710 it'll save you a lot of headache!

and don't be afraid to pick up cuties for cheap on the auction house and/or free from hatcheries that offer them if you'd like!
@SapphireSunlight hello! welcome to FR!
i think spectralkitten covered basically all the tips for getting started at the game lol

i'd suggest that you wander a little bit into the guides in the forums, especially if you're looking for anything more specific.

if you find yourself getting into the coliseum & dominance-related efforts, definitely check out your flight's dom forums and this guide here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1040710 it'll save you a lot of headache!

and don't be afraid to pick up cuties for cheap on the auction house and/or free from hatcheries that offer them if you'd like!
i literally have no idea what to have as a signature
@SpectralKitten

Thanks for all those tips. Those will definitely come in handy. I'll make sure to refer back to these. That is a very pretty dragon.
I'm currently re-watching Naruto. I tend to watch English dubbed because I can't see subtitles.

I play pc when I can. Wow, Minecraft and Vindictus mostly. I play Sims 3 on xbox 360 along with Elder Scrolls. and Soul caliber.
@SassmasterMaxie
@SpectralKitten

Thanks for all those tips. Those will definitely come in handy. I'll make sure to refer back to these. That is a very pretty dragon.
I'm currently re-watching Naruto. I tend to watch English dubbed because I can't see subtitles.

I play pc when I can. Wow, Minecraft and Vindictus mostly. I play Sims 3 on xbox 360 along with Elder Scrolls. and Soul caliber.
@SassmasterMaxie
@Sunbell
Thanks for the advice ^.^
@Sunbell
Thanks for the advice ^.^
@SapphireSunlight Awesome!

By the way, I have dragons available in my hatchery (link is in my signature at the bottom), and since you're new, you can have one of them for free! :3 Let me know if you'd like one!
@SapphireSunlight Awesome!

By the way, I have dragons available in my hatchery (link is in my signature at the bottom), and since you're new, you can have one of them for free! :3 Let me know if you'd like one!
t88jSp8.png oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png FIND A DRAGON FORUM: If I make you an offer, please ping me either way! I would rather be told no than left hanging! Thank you! tumblr_inline_njw5iwmQUG1qg2i5p.gif
@SapphireSunlight You're welcome, most of it was already written, I think of additions each time I use it, it's gonna be so long.... XD Foxy says thanks :3

Naruto... brings back memories. I remember seeing my brother watching it and I was in awe "omg he watches with English subtitles...". Now I'm like "so what? No biggie" XD
@SapphireSunlight You're welcome, most of it was already written, I think of additions each time I use it, it's gonna be so long.... XD Foxy says thanks :3

Naruto... brings back memories. I remember seeing my brother watching it and I was in awe "omg he watches with English subtitles...". Now I'm like "so what? No biggie" XD
He/Him - They/Them
FR+10
Potato Wannabe
Wheeeewze ♥
63453886.png
@SpectralKitten- yea I wish I could watch subs. Actually I'd love to learn Japanese. It's such a beautiful Language.

@Sunbell- That's so nice of you! I love Ziava's markings. Should I comment on the hatchery?
@SpectralKitten- yea I wish I could watch subs. Actually I'd love to learn Japanese. It's such a beautiful Language.

@Sunbell- That's so nice of you! I love Ziava's markings. Should I comment on the hatchery?
@SapphireSunlight
Agreed ! I kinda lack motivation to do that tbh, but it's definitely something I want to achieve. For now I slowly get vocabulary... XD
@SapphireSunlight
Agreed ! I kinda lack motivation to do that tbh, but it's definitely something I want to achieve. For now I slowly get vocabulary... XD
He/Him - They/Them
FR+10
Potato Wannabe
Wheeeewze ♥
63453886.png
1 2