Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | New Droplet Here
1 2 3 4
Hello everyone! I... like... literally just joined FR a few hours ago, after one of my friends has been bugging me for the last few months... but I always missed the registration dates. Anyways, here I am now! So hello! I guess a word about myself is probably appropriate, right?

Uh... I'm Napoleon (I kid you not - my parents must have hated me) though I tend to just go by Leo or Lee - or, if you really want to be sassy, Naps (because I sleep a lot and my friends used to do a play on words with my name and a nickname because I fell asleep in class). I am prone to tangents (as you can probably already tell) and a physics/geology major with a love for looking into the paleontology of the separation from vertebrates and invertebrates and why they developed how they did over the course of time. The love for physics probably shows in the username...

I chose the water flight because... well, I'm from an island in British Columbia and I grew up near water. I grew up swimming in the ocean, playing in the ocean, bonfires near the ocean - everything we did centered around the ocean. While a few of the other flights looked cool, it really wasn't a competition - I wanted to be in the water flight. Also, our aesthetic looks so cool - oracles? Hell yes.

Anyways. Sorry for rambling. Long story short: Hello everyone, I am excited to be here!
Hello everyone! I... like... literally just joined FR a few hours ago, after one of my friends has been bugging me for the last few months... but I always missed the registration dates. Anyways, here I am now! So hello! I guess a word about myself is probably appropriate, right?

Uh... I'm Napoleon (I kid you not - my parents must have hated me) though I tend to just go by Leo or Lee - or, if you really want to be sassy, Naps (because I sleep a lot and my friends used to do a play on words with my name and a nickname because I fell asleep in class). I am prone to tangents (as you can probably already tell) and a physics/geology major with a love for looking into the paleontology of the separation from vertebrates and invertebrates and why they developed how they did over the course of time. The love for physics probably shows in the username...

I chose the water flight because... well, I'm from an island in British Columbia and I grew up near water. I grew up swimming in the ocean, playing in the ocean, bonfires near the ocean - everything we did centered around the ocean. While a few of the other flights looked cool, it really wasn't a competition - I wanted to be in the water flight. Also, our aesthetic looks so cool - oracles? Hell yes.

Anyways. Sorry for rambling. Long story short: Hello everyone, I am excited to be here!
L0gwAN4.gif
@feynman

Welcome! Does it get cold in bc? What you are studying sounds so much fun!
@feynman

Welcome! Does it get cold in bc? What you are studying sounds so much fun!
m2YbpzO.png tumblr_inline_o0idl15pQv1qg2i5p_540.png
@feynman Wow, you have such a nice signature already! You're making me want to move to water, but I could never cheat on nature;)
What an interesting major! I really respect people who get into physics.

What kind of lair theme are you going to go for? I notice you have a few blue dragons, and then Sora, who is... not quiiiite blue, haha.
@feynman Wow, you have such a nice signature already! You're making me want to move to water, but I could never cheat on nature;)
What an interesting major! I really respect people who get into physics.

What kind of lair theme are you going to go for? I notice you have a few blue dragons, and then Sora, who is... not quiiiite blue, haha.
Sign_2.png
Wassup?
Wassup?
@ChillInAForest. Thank you for the welcome! It does actually get pretty cold in BC - we've gotten a lot of snow on the island this year and last year, which was kind of a surprise. Like, enough to build snow forts out of. But it's never really super cold. I live half of the year in Alberta - so... yeah. BC definitely doesn't get that cold compared to Alberta.

And !! It's super interesting (to me, at least). I've always loved geology and how the rock records can, like, unravel the mystery of the history of Earth, so going into paleontology with my geology major was kind of a no-brainer. I actually just finished writing an abstract for a research project a few friends and I did on the geology of the Archean and how it allowed for the formation of the first life on Earth.

@sunbones. Ah, thank you! I'm kind of addicted to making things aesthetically pleasing, and I did a lot of really basic gif edits on tumblr the last few years, so I figured that making my account look pretty right off the bat would be nice. I was actually thinking of maybe offering to do really simple little gif edits, like mine, for people if they wanted. It's, like, a stress-reliever for me, making edits. And, I figured, a good way to meet people.

OH MY GOODNESS. Alright. I was 100% going for a very deep-sea-to-shallow-marine water theme, with the different colors and shades of blues and greens, but Sora... was the random progen that I was given, and I have been told not to get rid of him... but his tert is a blue color so I figured I could do something with that and then... find some... water apparel for him or something. Blue apparel. Or a skin or accent or something. I didn't like his colors at first but he's starting to grow on me now.

@Tad21. Lore-writing. How about you?
@ChillInAForest. Thank you for the welcome! It does actually get pretty cold in BC - we've gotten a lot of snow on the island this year and last year, which was kind of a surprise. Like, enough to build snow forts out of. But it's never really super cold. I live half of the year in Alberta - so... yeah. BC definitely doesn't get that cold compared to Alberta.

And !! It's super interesting (to me, at least). I've always loved geology and how the rock records can, like, unravel the mystery of the history of Earth, so going into paleontology with my geology major was kind of a no-brainer. I actually just finished writing an abstract for a research project a few friends and I did on the geology of the Archean and how it allowed for the formation of the first life on Earth.

@sunbones. Ah, thank you! I'm kind of addicted to making things aesthetically pleasing, and I did a lot of really basic gif edits on tumblr the last few years, so I figured that making my account look pretty right off the bat would be nice. I was actually thinking of maybe offering to do really simple little gif edits, like mine, for people if they wanted. It's, like, a stress-reliever for me, making edits. And, I figured, a good way to meet people.

OH MY GOODNESS. Alright. I was 100% going for a very deep-sea-to-shallow-marine water theme, with the different colors and shades of blues and greens, but Sora... was the random progen that I was given, and I have been told not to get rid of him... but his tert is a blue color so I figured I could do something with that and then... find some... water apparel for him or something. Blue apparel. Or a skin or accent or something. I didn't like his colors at first but he's starting to grow on me now.

@Tad21. Lore-writing. How about you?
L0gwAN4.gif
@Feynman I'd be interested in one if you ever decide to start making them! Selling them in the adoptables forum would be a great way to make some dragon $$$ :) It's actually nice that he's bright orange and not like, brown with purple or something scary like that. He contrasts well with his lair-mates, he kinds of reminds me of a coral reef: [center] [img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_m7jtzX9mJnk/TMTpVAkZTbI/AAAAAAAACao/LM6qywPCNqY/s1600/crochet-coral-reef11426.jpg[/img] [img]https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/b/orange-coral-reef-5711510.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/78/ed/15/78ed15aa290d88c5198bbd908c077324.jpg[/img][/center]
@Feynman I'd be interested in one if you ever decide to start making them! Selling them in the adoptables forum would be a great way to make some dragon $$$ :)

It's actually nice that he's bright orange and not like, brown with purple or something scary like that. He contrasts well with his lair-mates, he kinds of reminds me of a coral reef:

crochet-coral-reef11426.jpg
orange-coral-reef-5711510.jpg
78ed15aa290d88c5198bbd908c077324.jpg
Sign_2.png
@sunbones. I'd be more than happy to make you one, if you'd like! Oh my goodness though, I haven't even wrapped my head around how to earn treasure on this site yet. I played around in the fairgrounds for a bit, and I've been talking to some people about the coliseum, but it's so much information to take in at once.

Considering Sora is... my eyesore in the lair at the moment... his lore therefore could be that he was mistaken as a part of a coral reef and now he's just stuck with the clan. Apparently none of my dragons will have serious lore. Joshan got stuck with the clan because of a giant shrimp...
@sunbones. I'd be more than happy to make you one, if you'd like! Oh my goodness though, I haven't even wrapped my head around how to earn treasure on this site yet. I played around in the fairgrounds for a bit, and I've been talking to some people about the coliseum, but it's so much information to take in at once.

Considering Sora is... my eyesore in the lair at the moment... his lore therefore could be that he was mistaken as a part of a coral reef and now he's just stuck with the clan. Apparently none of my dragons will have serious lore. Joshan got stuck with the clan because of a giant shrimp...
L0gwAN4.gif
@Feynman

Welcome to Flight Rising :)
@Feynman

Welcome to Flight Rising :)
l7Pr9T2.png
@Kiryu777. Thank you! :D
@Kiryu777. Thank you! :D
L0gwAN4.gif
@Feynman welcome to fr my dude
@Feynman welcome to fr my dude
pumpkin_kitties_by_hyraea-d4cw7hh.gif