Introductions
Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.

Welcome to Flight Rising!
May 14, 2015 16:45:23

Ravette

Hello players and welcome to Flight Rising! Please feel free to use this forum to get to know one another and to introduce yourself. This is a great forum to find new friends and to acquaint yourself with the community!

Before getting started on your introduction, there are some helpful site resources below. Browsing through these links will help you greatly in learning and becoming familiar with the game.

Resources:

[Site Rules & Guidelines] -Found at the top of many forum sections

[Terms of Use] -At the bottom of every page

[Contact Us] -At the bottom of every page

[Forum Code of Conduct] -Located under Library and then Encyclopedia.

[Help Center] -Located within the forums. There are many helpful members here if you have any site questions.

[Guides] -Found within the forums. There are tons of player made guides to help you through the game.

[Bug Report Forums] -Found in the forums. Report any possible bugs here. Known Bugs is a thread within the bug forums stating what problems admins are aware of along with links to threads where we are tracking certain bugs.

Your Introduction:

It's never too late to introduce yourself whether you're a new or old player! We have all been new at some point or another.

If you are unsure what to include in your introduction, here are some ideas! Feel free to use these or create an introduction entirely of your own!

-How did you find Flight Rising?

-What flight did you join and why?

-What is your favorite dragon breed?

-Of the familiars, which ones are your favorite?

-What are some of your hobbies/interests?

If you do not wish to post an introduction or are an older player looking to welcome new members, posting on someone else's introduction welcoming them to the game is a great way to get involved in the community!

*Do not post identifying information such as exact addresses and phone numbers. [Terms of Use]

Meet the Staff:

Administrators

Community Manager

Meet the Volunteer Moderators:

Please note that forum moderators are volunteers and are not staff members. They do not have access to personal account information, so all matters dealing with customer support and account actions must be directed to Contact Us. Thank you!
Wli33F7.png Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form. Submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group
May 14, 2015 18:48:07

JCStitches

670.png

Hello and Welcome to Flight Rising!
I'm JCStitches and I'm part of the volunteer Mod Squad!

8.png As a devoted Acolight, my permanent residence is in the sunlit ruins of the Light Flight! I'm 2 hours ahead of FR Time, but please feel free to PM me anytime if you have a question or need help! You can generally find me hanging out in the Help Center, but this little hummingbird flits through all the forums. ;)

8.pngI found FR through my partner, Empyrisan, and became a Beta Tester, so I've had the pleasure of really watching the site and community grow from the ground up. It's been an amazing experience and this is the first online community that I've really felt at home on. That's why I volunteered to moderate the forums - so I can take an active part in keeping this community the safe, welcoming, and enthusiastic place I first became charmed by!

8.png Onsite, my favorite activity is collecting. What do I collect? With the exception of skins and accents - everything! Familiars, food items, trinkets, materials, apparel, battle stones, etc. I want one of everything. With that in mind, I started the Let's Find the New Items! thread to help me and my fellow item hunters find the latest items and their locations.

8.png On a personal note, I'm a total bookwyrm and have an interest in all forms of arts and crafts. Music, gardening, animals, strange trivia, and sparkly objects also belong high up on that list. love_tiny.png
tumblr_osqf0hIbW71t890oko1_500.png
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form. Submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group.
May 14, 2015 18:53:09

Athame

xqjd42.jpg

Greetings and welcome to Flight Rising!
I'm Athame, one of your volunteer moderators, and I belong to the Light Flight.

8.png I spend most of my time in the Bug Report, Flight Rising Discussion, General Discussion, and Light Forums, however you can catch me just about anywhere. All you need to do is follow the trail of Fangar fluff I leave behind. My timezone is the same as FR however I try to keep my signature as updated as possible with my online status so you know when I am available to answer any and all questions.

8.png I stumbled upon Flight Rising by accident in 2013 and I've been hooked ever since. I applied to become a moderator because I wanted to maintain the safe, fun, and friendly environment of the forums. I wanted to get involved by helping the community flourish and by using the experience I had gained on a previous site to make Flight Rising even more amazing than it already was.

8.png If it sparkles or shines, I want it. I spend my time collecting golden skins, accents, apparel, and dragons. My favorites are Wildclaws, Imperials, and of course Nocturnes. I adore anything and everything that resembles gold.

8.png Outside of Flight Rising, I am a pet parent to one fluffy corgi puppy and one stubborn blue heeler. I am a wife, college graduate, psychology major, dirt bike rider, and book club enthusiast. I enjoy riding the trails on the weekends and going camping any chance I get.

Volunteer Moderator.
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group.

I am currently offline and unavailable to answer pings or messages.

May 14, 2015 19:23:30

Ara

Yd2jJcK.png
Hello there!
I'm Ara, one of the volunteer mods.
I'm currently a member of Arcane Flight, but my home is Water Flight.

4.png I live in the same timezone as Flight Rising time. I spend most of my time in Flight Rising Discussion, Bugs, Help, General Discussion, and Arcane Flight forums.

4.png I've been a member of Flight Rising since the first week it opened to the public. I had been a fan of Undel's art when I was young, but I didn't actually know about this site until a friend of mine on another pet site introduced me to it.

4.png I love the Coliseum, and spend quite a bit of time there! I also really enjoy looking through the Dragon Share forums at all the amazing dragons that other people have bred or found. Like many others on the site, I love collecting and I hoard everything. I'm always happy to talk to people, so feel free to ping or message me anytime! ^_^

4.png Outside Flight Rising, I'm a college student studying computer science. I am also taking psychology classes, because even though they aren't directly related to my major, psychology is fascinating! I also enjoy aikido and play far too many video games when I have the chance.
volunteer moderator

If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group.
May 14, 2015 20:16:02

Barbie

GGfcvzC.png
I'm Barbie, one of the volunteer moderators.
I used to go by the Bucktooth Digger (black and white bunny) avatar!

I poke around all of the forums, but you'll see me lurking in the Guides, FR/General Discussion, and dragon sales forums most often. I've done some travelling since I joined the site, but I always return to my home flight, Nature. Can you believe I started my journey with the Wind flight?

I joined the site when it first opened to the public, and became a moderator in December 2014. I wanted to help maintain the fun, welcoming environment FR is known for. With that being said, I'm happy to help or just talk, so please feel free to ping or PM me! I'm not as snappy as I look.

I don't have a focus on Flight Rising - I just like collecting nice dragons and talking to people. I do enjoy reading any kind of lore - clan, dragon, you name it, I'm interested! My favorite dragon breeds are Imperials and Guardians, but I happen to be partial to Skydancers as well.

Volunteer Moderator

May 15, 2015 02:42:59

Gaia

fS25gl2.png
Hiya and welcome to Flight Rising!
I'm Gaia, one of the volunteer moderators on this site!

1.png You will find me online, mostly during the wee hours of the night, as I am 9 hours ahead of Central Sornieth Time*. My home flight is the Earth Flight, and you can often find me in the Suggestions Forum, the EarthForum and the Items for Sale forum (strictly for business purposes, ofcourse!), but the adventurous bunny that I am, I do sometimes venture into the other forums too.

1.png I found out about Flight Rising back in 2008, when I was a follower of Neondragon's art blog (on this website, better known as Undel). I followed the progress of the site closely, somehow still managed to miss out on the beta test, and signed up during the very first seconds of this site's opening!

1.png I am a typical hoarder. When playing, I spend a lot of my time in the coliseum, to level up my dragons and earn some nifty loot! And I often do business in the Items for Sale forum to sell or trade that loot for things I like to collect, such as Familiars, Unhatched Eggs and Treasure Chests.

1.png Apart from Flight Rising, I'm a Business Consultant at a small consultancy firm. I enjoy cooking, sports and outdoor activities, reading books and manga, photograpy, languages, puzzles, movies and games, and everything that has to do with Nature.

*Sornieth is what most dragons call the world in Flight Rising. With Central Sornieth Time I'm referring to the timezone the servers are located in. You can find out what the current server time is by looking at the 24h-clock in the upper left corner under the Flight Rising logo.
wMbP60j.gif
Volunteer Moderator:
Raffle: Eggs, Genes, and Breed Scrolls | Gen2 Imps | Imperial scroll quest | Buying gems 1:800 | Swipp Swap Service | Buying Baldwin goop
May 15, 2015 04:03:28

Ravette

32zuj4p.jpg
Hello and Welcome to Flight Rising!!
I am Ravette, one of the volunteer moderators!

7.png I am currently a member of Earth Flight. I normally like to move from flight to flight though and have visited Fire Flight, Lighting Flight, Plague Flight, Light Flight, Shadow Flight, and Ice Flight in the past. I enjoy roaming and seeing the different dynamics between the flights.

2.png I started playing Flight Rising back when it was first opened to the public in June 2013. I joined as a member of Ice Flight and began my journey with Flight Rising. I became a moderator in January of 2014 and I now aim to help out the community.

8.png I am a huge pearlcatcher fan. I currently collect generation 1s in order to change them over to pearlcatchers and gene them up. Feel free to share your own pearlcatchers with me! I'd love to see them!

6.png I am also a student while working in accounting. My main goal is to become a certified personal trainer as well as a registered dietitian. Health and fitness are big interests of mine. I also enjoy art and do paint/draw from time to time. My other interests are videogames (LoL) and my fluffy animals (I have a dog and my senior cat).
Wli33F7.png Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form. Submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group
May 15, 2015 12:33:41

Mayana

y8f3pXJ.png

Hi there, welcome to the colourful world of Flight Rising!
My name is Mayana, and I am the Senior Volunteer Moderator of the Flight Rising Moderator Team.
If you have any problems or simply need to talk, feel free to PM or ping me and I will respond as soon as possible. I live +8 hours ahead of Flight Rising time.

3.png I am current a member of the Ice Flight, and I love it here! But deep down, as a spirited little Cloud Chaser, my home is in the Cloudsong with the rest of the Wind Flight.
When moderating, I can be found in all areas of the forums, although you will mostly find me weaving my way through the Roleplay, Bug Reports, and Flight Rising/General Discussion forums.

3.png I applied to become a moderator on the site very early into my experience with the game because I wanted to be able to help other new users not only feel safe and welcomed here, but to have somebody to talk to, answer any and all questions, and be able to help the site's wonderful, growing community.

3.pngMy days on Flight Rising started during the head-start days before the official opening day for the site as I was a Kickstarter backer (having loved the concept!), and ever since I joined I have been hooked. I adore the art, the colours, the lore - everything about it. I am fond of spending my personal playing time breeding my dragons for the colours I like, or simply just browsing others' lairs to see what kinds of dragons and apparel combinations they have thought of. There's a lot of inspiration out there! I also have quite a bit of fun ruining the number count on the Count Up Until a Moderator Posts thread. ;)

3.png Off-site, I flit back and forth between the Scottish countryside and the city. I am an English Literature graduate, a book enthusiast, and I love to play video games. I collect and admire robotics and character action figures/figurines. Most of all though I enjoy a nice cup of tea and a movie curled up on my couch. :)
Volunteer Moderator

Mar 29, 2016 17:12:30

ACWN

16247.png
Greetings all!
I'm ACWN, one of the newest volunteers and was previously an MVP. I am and always will be a proud Droplet.

4.png I am an hour ahead of FR. You'll find me most active in Bugs, Help and Water but will address any thread I may be pinged to.

4.png I happened on FR through Whitemantis while stalking their tumblr and eventually started checking the site for registration openings. I joined in 2014 and was eventually awarded the honor of MVP for helping out in Bugs.

4.png Onsite, I tend to flit mostly around the forums, checking to see if there are any new posts where I can help out. I dont breed much any more, but I am still very much attached to my dragons and greatly look forward to new genes so I can update the older members of my clan.

4.png Offsite, I'm a wife, a mother of a large army of four legged children (dogs, mostly) and am the manager of a small dog grooming business. Animals in general are my passion, but I also love reading (fantasy and horror mostly) and drawing. I'm also an avid horror movie fan.
The Comfort Zone - A comforting place for Droplets
....................................~FR+1~
Mod Tip: Site bugging out? Clear your cache. :)
Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group.
GnWIkP6.gif
Mar 29, 2016 18:34:33

ArkhamAnja

16475.png
Hey there!
I'm ArkhamAnja, another friendly volunteer mod here on Flight Rising!

2.png My home flight is Plague and it's the nicest bunch of people! I'm on FR time, usually lurking about between 10am and 2am in the background, so your chances of reaching me are better between those times! I usually stick to Plague's forums, Help, and the discussion sections (both Flight Rising, and General), but I'll pop up anywhere if you ping me!

2.png I stumbled across Flight Rising when many of the artists I follow on Tumblr, and work with, were all talking about the pretty dragon dressup game they had come across. That was two years ago!

2.png On site, I love participating in Dominance battles. The teamwork people display is just so impressive! As are the Rot/Flower/Glitter/Etc.. Bombings that happen afterward no matter the outcome. Good sportsmanship is awesome! Feel free to chat with me. I'm a giant nerd. If my lair full of Batman dragons wasn't enough of a hint. ;)

2.png When I'm not on the internet, I'm either working, playing some sort of pen and paper RPG (think D&D, only... Every game but D&D), playing with my dumbo rats, or baking. I also enjoy reading, video games (no fps or MMOs, please), sfx makeup/prop making, and all of the podcasts. Just... So many dang podcasts.
Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group