Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Thinking about exchange, would it work?
I was thinking about a way of getting me a Blossom gene and had a thought about getting Pretty Pink Mums. Can't afford buying them all, so that.
I'd start a trading thread for "Pink Mums sponsorship". There would be two sections. First is "My skill for your skill" type, when one Pink Mum sent may be exchanged for 40 Dried Lilium Petals, second is when every one Pink Mum adds the user to the list getting future hatchlings of my Blossom project. Users would choose which payout they want, or send more mums and get both or more of every one.
I'm wondering, would that work, and if yes, where should I post, since there are dragons AND items?
I was thinking about a way of getting me a Blossom gene and had a thought about getting Pretty Pink Mums. Can't afford buying them all, so that.
I'd start a trading thread for "Pink Mums sponsorship". There would be two sections. First is "My skill for your skill" type, when one Pink Mum sent may be exchanged for 40 Dried Lilium Petals, second is when every one Pink Mum adds the user to the list getting future hatchlings of my Blossom project. Users would choose which payout they want, or send more mums and get both or more of every one.
I'm wondering, would that work, and if yes, where should I post, since there are dragons AND items?
J4v6SGz.png _ - FR time +10
- feel free to choose pronouns
- on vacation;
_Arcane -> Lightning
- lore WIP
45c0Iib.png ftsPxVm.png Waystone2.gif
@Ref 40 lillium petals are worth about 160 gems compared to 1 mum worth 220 gems so that wouldn't be a fair trade for the other person :D

As for the dragons, you might get a few people interested depending on the pair but it's unlikely you'd be able to fund the whole thing this way. If you get lucky and get all 5 egg nests it'd take you almost 4 months to give everyone a hatchling. With 2 or 3 egg nests it could take you almost a year to finish paying people back before you'd even be able to start breeding for yourself.

Since you're looking for items we'd say post in the items for sale forum.
@Ref 40 lillium petals are worth about 160 gems compared to 1 mum worth 220 gems so that wouldn't be a fair trade for the other person :D

As for the dragons, you might get a few people interested depending on the pair but it's unlikely you'd be able to fund the whole thing this way. If you get lucky and get all 5 egg nests it'd take you almost 4 months to give everyone a hatchling. With 2 or 3 egg nests it could take you almost a year to finish paying people back before you'd even be able to start breeding for yourself.

Since you're looking for items we'd say post in the items for sale forum.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
@Ref,

Honestly, it'll probably be easier to just sell the lilium petals on the AH (40 will sell for around 200g, so actually below the current LAH for mums anyway) and grind for a while for the mums, or just be patient and wait for blossom prices to drop in a few months (what I'm doing personally). If people want the petals they can grind for them, or just sell any spare mums they may have to buy the petals, and dragons are a very fickle market. Especially as, if they don't get anything upon sending you the mums until potentially very far down the line when you finally get enough for the trade, there's no guarantee you will ever fulfil your half of the trade.

Overall, I say just be patient and sell any spare petals you have to buy the mums - if you sold each petal for 4g, you only need ~55 per mum (at current LAH), and then when your pairs finally are fully gened you can sell the hatchlings straight up for profit instead of having to give most of them away.

Edit: Am slow, got ninja'd
@Ref,

Honestly, it'll probably be easier to just sell the lilium petals on the AH (40 will sell for around 200g, so actually below the current LAH for mums anyway) and grind for a while for the mums, or just be patient and wait for blossom prices to drop in a few months (what I'm doing personally). If people want the petals they can grind for them, or just sell any spare mums they may have to buy the petals, and dragons are a very fickle market. Especially as, if they don't get anything upon sending you the mums until potentially very far down the line when you finally get enough for the trade, there's no guarantee you will ever fulfil your half of the trade.

Overall, I say just be patient and sell any spare petals you have to buy the mums - if you sold each petal for 4g, you only need ~55 per mum (at current LAH), and then when your pairs finally are fully gened you can sell the hatchlings straight up for profit instead of having to give most of them away.

Edit: Am slow, got ninja'd
Lore
Hatchery
Dream Dragons
bepadepadept line long line short boop bepepepep
VPsWmjb.gif