Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Can I link my patreon on flight rising?
I know it's against the rules to link tip jars like that coffee site, as well as crowdfunding, but since patreon is essentially the buyer purchasing something (in my case, exclusive streams, a discord server, and art that isn't shown anywhere else, as well as other patreon rewards which include free commissions and such) so I wonder if that would be allowed?
I know it's against the rules to link tip jars like that coffee site, as well as crowdfunding, but since patreon is essentially the buyer purchasing something (in my case, exclusive streams, a discord server, and art that isn't shown anywhere else, as well as other patreon rewards which include free commissions and such) so I wonder if that would be allowed?
t00QRwj.png rOVa8hM.png 6260.png
Wishlist
Clan lore
** They/them
+3 FR time
Adopt shop zAddafE.gifGI49w5A.gif
+3 FR time
@Foxe

Rereading the article on Personal Fundraising Sites, I suspect no. Patreon is considered a crowd-funding site.

Quote:
Financial transactions using "real world" currency are permitted on the Flight Rising website so long as it is an art commission or sale. These transactions must be completed using a means that offers both the seller and the buyer protection.

As well, access to exclusive content is not the same as a direct art commission or sale, and as far as I know Patreon doesn't offer very strong buyer protection (issuing refunds is at the creator's discretion).

For a more concrete answer though, you'll need to contact staff.
@Foxe

Rereading the article on Personal Fundraising Sites, I suspect no. Patreon is considered a crowd-funding site.

Quote:
Financial transactions using "real world" currency are permitted on the Flight Rising website so long as it is an art commission or sale. These transactions must be completed using a means that offers both the seller and the buyer protection.

As well, access to exclusive content is not the same as a direct art commission or sale, and as far as I know Patreon doesn't offer very strong buyer protection (issuing refunds is at the creator's discretion).

For a more concrete answer though, you'll need to contact staff.
@Kasael
Aah, I see what you're saying - that makes sense. Thank you! I may contact them, but I think you're right with what you're saying.
@Kasael
Aah, I see what you're saying - that makes sense. Thank you! I may contact them, but I think you're right with what you're saying.
Wishlist
Clan lore
** They/them
+3 FR time
+3 FR time
@Foxe

Additionally, I'd be wary if your Patreon contained any 18+ materials, even locked behind the donor wall. Linking to adult content is definitely a violation of the Terms of Service, even if it turns out that linking a Patreon is in itself legal.
@Foxe

Additionally, I'd be wary if your Patreon contained any 18+ materials, even locked behind the donor wall. Linking to adult content is definitely a violation of the Terms of Service, even if it turns out that linking a Patreon is in itself legal.
An Ice emblem on a background made of ice and lava. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground.An Ice emblem on a background of ice shaped like a Christmas ornament. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground."An
@FliptheFrog
At the moment it doesn't, but that's true, I may at some point eventually post stuff like that.
@FliptheFrog
At the moment it doesn't, but that's true, I may at some point eventually post stuff like that.
Wishlist
Clan lore
** They/them
+3 FR time
+3 FR time
@Foxe
About Patreon, I had asked Aequorin long time ago regarding some skin shop selling limited versions exclusive to patreon donors, and their response was 'no this is crowd-funding and isn't allowed', and asked the shop owner to take down their patreon link. I doubt their stance had changed since, but you can always use contact us to make sure.
@Foxe
About Patreon, I had asked Aequorin long time ago regarding some skin shop selling limited versions exclusive to patreon donors, and their response was 'no this is crowd-funding and isn't allowed', and asked the shop owner to take down their patreon link. I doubt their stance had changed since, but you can always use contact us to make sure.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
@hat17
Well, I'd say that's just about as concrete an answer as one can get :) Thank you.
@hat17
Well, I'd say that's just about as concrete an answer as one can get :) Thank you.
Wishlist
Clan lore
** They/them
+3 FR time
+3 FR time